Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Tired Moritz posted:

What kind of stupid kids keep falling off the bed?

Says the person who is one of too many to have a monkey avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Round ones.

I.e. American kids.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

Children who are too young to have developed the proper spatial awareness that it takes to be able to tell where objects are around you while you're sleeping

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Kids who don't have pool noodles in their beds apparently.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

There was a lifehack posted earlier about putting your toaster on it's side to make cheese on toast. Someone was dumb enough to do it and the toaster went up in flames.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/facebook-cheese-toast-fire-toaster-10477966

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

I've never tried, but that doesn't seem like it should work. It seems more likely that a small piece of dry ice was popped into those cups. At least that is what I will tell myself so I feel less bad about the world.

The thing about the paint can is probably OK but the way people that paint things for a living do it is to have a second container (they call it a cut can) into which some of the paint is put, a quarter of a can at most. You dip the brush in that second can and shake the brush inside that can to remove the excess paint.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Antifreeze Head posted:

I've never tried

Evidently not, because it actually works

edit: that doesn't mean it's a good idea, obviously

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's also very clearly a joke.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

#hauntedhack you can also smoke a cig while blowing bubbles and when they pop they release a little >puff<

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Tired Moritz posted:

Kids who were just moved out of a crib to a "big kid" bed. I remember my parents put chairs around my bed for the first week I slept in one.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Man, I just had the mattress on the floor. Mind you, it was because they didn't have a bedframe for me, yet, but they did have a mattress.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Lady Naga posted:

It's also very clearly a joke.

SECOND HAND SMOKE IS NOT A JOKE

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My buddy in college drunkenly fell out of his loft style bed and ripped his pec muscle instinctively trying to grab on. Good bye marine contract

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

SaltLick posted:

My buddy in college drunkenly fell out of his loft style bed and ripped his pec muscle instinctively trying to grab on. Good bye marine contract

if he cant hack that into a lifetime of disability, depression, drugs, and and early death

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Antifreeze Head posted:

The thing about the paint can is probably OK but the way people that paint things for a living do it is to have a second container (they call it a cut can) into which some of the paint is put, a quarter of a can at most. You dip the brush in that second can and shake the brush inside that can to remove the excess paint.

OK people, I thought I wouldn't have to do this, but here goes. This, is the stealth life hack. Among the list of concrete tips for little things you can do to improve your everyday routines and make your life easier overall with very little effort (no, I still don't have a good term for that, "red herring", maybe?) you hide a proper life hack. In this case, it's the thick-rear end rubber band put the wrong way around a cylindrical object, a.k.a. "a paint can". The hacker is encouraged to put wet paint on the rubber band and repeatedly poke it with a stick, a.k.a. "a paintbrush", until it comes off, shoots across the room and best case scenario gives the hacker a brand new Hitler brand 'stache, or even better scenario, flips the can in the process thereby creating an oozing pool of paint around the hacker's feet, making them have to track dumb garish pink footprints on a long and resentful trek toward a cleaning utensil which - I guarantee you - they do not have on hand. Or actual best best scenario, sends the can flying and blasts the hacker's silhouette against the wall of the neighboring room, which was not up for painting.

Walla motherfuckers. On the floor. #hacked #to #poo poo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

if he cant hack that into a lifetime of disability, depression, drugs, and and early death

gently caress me that's a good life hack.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

#hauntedhack you can also smoke a cig while blowing bubbles and when they pop they release a little >puff<

this is actually really fun with a hookah because the smoke is so thick

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

He ended up becoming a chaplain in the army. I don't get how because he was a massive womanizing drunk. So I guess he still hacked his way to success

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I fell out of bed a lot as a kid but nobody ever acted like it was a problem or that something had to be done about it. I woke up on the floor like a animal instead of in bed and that was the end of it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Karate Bastard posted:

Walla motherfuckers. On the floor. #hacked #to #poo poo

Finally, this thread delivers.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Sodium Chloride posted:

There was a lifehack posted earlier about putting your toaster on it's side to make cheese on toast. Someone was dumb enough to do it and the toaster went up in flames.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/facebook-cheese-toast-fire-toaster-10477966

Sounds like we need Dave Barry on the case!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

I so want this to be real.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
#recipehacks

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
IKEA instructions aren't really what I would be basing my science on. I'm pretty sure they're at least the number 2 cause of breakups among the 20-something population.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i really really don't want to have to take all the hinges off my casserole because i accidentally put the doors on it upside down thanks to unclear instructions

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Also, I'm pretty sure IKEA instructions don't use text because they don't want to bother translating things.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Angela Christine posted:

This is my new favorite lifehack, it's from the GBS OSHA thread.

Went exactly as I had hoped. Beautiful.

PubicMice posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure IKEA instructions don't use text because they don't want to bother translating things.

"When assembling Skuvnar, it is best to be two people."

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

There are actually people who struggle with Ikea directions? How mouth-breathingly gently caress tarded do you have to be not to grasp those instantly?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chard posted:

There are actually people who struggle with Ikea directions? How mouth-breathingly gently caress tarded do you have to be not to grasp those instantly?

"Ikea instructions are hard" is this decade's "Airplane food" - it's the material of hack comics and people who parrot them.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What the gently caress? It calls for THREE eggs but they only drew one. loving assholes. They made me read anyway.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

PubicMice posted:

#recipehacks

All the WORST parts of both graphical and text instructions.

(I find IKEA instructions pretty reasonable, usually. You just have to loving ignore what you think you're doing and do EXACTLY what the instructions TELL you to do)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

PubicMice posted:

#recipehacks

I prefer my baking instructions to be sung by a chicken.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
God, that graphical recipe idea is so gloriously terrible :allears: I especially love that they picked such a simple recipe that you can parse the written version almost instantaneously and turned it into a horrible indecipherable mess (while simultaneously screwing up the conversion from the written recipe.)

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
They changed a tsp of butter to a tbsp per pancake. That pan would be swimming in butter.

Although, since the graphic makes it look like you somehow add the butter to the batter and then something happens, maybe the recipe means you add a clod of butter to each pancake as it cooks, thus prebuttering the pancakes! Genius!

This is really stupid.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I kind of want to start smoking just so I can do this.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

I kind of want to start smoking just so I can do this.

You don't need to smoke. Tom Noddy used to smoke cigarettes while doing his bubble trick act, but now he uses a special machine for that purpose.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FutonForensic posted:

You don't need to smoke. Tom Noddy used to smoke cigarettes while doing his bubble trick act, but now he uses a special machine for that purpose.
I heard such devices have gained popularity in the U.S.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PubicMice posted:

#recipehacks

I am embarrassed to say I kind of like this, but I am deep into the cult of industrial design that encourages this sort of thing. Forget IKEA, that preschool poo poo is how you teach people to make everything from Big Macs to cell phones and cars.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Chard posted:

Much like "Taco Bell gives you diarrhea", the "IKEA instructions are hard" joke is one that is completely without any merit in reality, and I suspect was started (and continued) from a racist origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Choco1980 posted:

Much like "Taco Bell gives you diarrhea", the "IKEA instructions are hard" joke is one that is completely without any merit in reality, and I suspect was started (and continued) from a racist origin.

Also Will Smith clearly says "Welcome to Earth" and per census data there is nobody in American named Orangejello.