Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

Wow, no posts in almost 24 hours. RIP this lovely game and thread.

I didn't want to double post, but I'm looking for a working XVM config that shows the icon for a disappeared enemy tank on the minimap. Mine only shows the tank's name for some dumb reason and I can't seem to get it working again.

I switched over to the in-game minimap while OMC fixes XVM. Also I'm not playing Tanks so it makes that easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

McGavin posted:

I didn't want to double post, but I'm looking for a working XVM config that shows the icon for a disappeared enemy tank on the minimap. Mine only shows the tank's name for some dumb reason and I can't seem to get it working again.

I believe Aslain's does that and is working for 9.12

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

In unrelated news: why does the FV4005 use the Conway's stock engine? They weigh the same, but the FV4005 has 300 less horsepower. :wtc:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

In unrelated news: why does the FV4005 use the Conway's stock engine? They weigh the same, but the FV4005 has 300 less horsepower. :wtc:

Because gently caress your expectation for a playable tank.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

I believe Aslain's does that and is working for 9.12

It does and I got all my usual mods to work using it.
Was updated on patch day.
Judging by the other thread, tanks are out (power armour is in?), since that game is already seeing burnout. WoT have apparently scarred us for life.

gently caress trying to do Rampage missions while playing on NA on EU times.
Queue times are ridiculous.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just saw a tank called the IS 3 Auto. Its supposed to be a premium tank for December. Anyone hear about it before?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

I just saw a tank called the IS 3 Auto. Its supposed to be a premium tank for December. Anyone hear about it before?

Yea, it was supposed to show up at some point in the past. Its an IS-3 with an autoloading D-25 gun. I kinda thought it was scrapped, but who knows what WGing is doing anymore.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Don't know what people are talking about when they say the CAX's turret is bad. Thing is wonderful. Not on flat ground but once you're depressing your gun three or four degrees it starts bouncing everything.

CAX is really, really good. Doesn't climb as well as the 4202 did but that's a fair enough trade for being 13-15km/h faster on flattish ground and having a usable turret. It loses the magical 4202 UFP but the turret ring pretty much invalidated that except against the worst pubbies anyway.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

gently caress trying to do Rampage missions while playing on NA on EU times.
Queue times are ridiculous.

Again, a blessing if you're willing to scrounge up 11 other people to scum some missions. I'm not, since I value my time, but the opportunity is there.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bought the Caernarvon yesterday. With the stock gun it was painful, but with the second gun the battles have been a lot smoother. I imagine things will be even better with the top gun.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

I bought the Caernarvon yesterday. With the stock gun it was painful, but with the second gun the battles have been a lot smoother. I imagine things will be even better with the top gun.

Caern is like the BP, it has a hidden win percent modifier, you can't lose games in it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I lost plenty with the stock gun. And I'm missing a lot of shots fully aimed in. Is the dispersion bad or is my gunner drinking Guinness between shots?

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

McGavin posted:

You need to go to c/windows/fonts and remove the ones that include xvm in their name or something. That made my dots on the minimap show up.
So much hassle with xvm these days.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Both 20 pdr guns are basically the same, so not really.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I got the AMX 30 proto and it's pretty good, but really 35k XP for a new engine with the same power and only a 3% less chance of a fire? Really, WG? I'm sure it has some more hitpoints or something, but of course the game doesn't show you that.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Darkrenown posted:

I got the AMX 30 proto and it's pretty good, but really 35k XP for a new engine with the same power and only a 3% less chance of a fire? Really, WG? I'm sure it has some more hitpoints or something, but of course the game doesn't show you that.

It weighs a couple 100 kgs less as well. However, have you considered not buying it? I didn't bother with the engine and did quite alright. finished the grind in 100 battles (probably used a bit of free xp, i dunno).

Think I'll rebuy the 30 proto actually, it's a really good t9. The t10 is a massive dissappointment. It's the same tank, with harsher mm and a huge cuppola that gets shot every time you try to crest a hill.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Oh I probably won't buy it, unless it turns out to be a keeper, was just annoyed at the pointlessness of it - much like the long 88 on the E-50.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Darkrenown posted:

Oh I probably won't buy it, unless it turns out to be a keeper, was just annoyed at the pointlessness of it - much like the long 88 on the E-50.

If you just want the t10, don't bother. But keep in mind that you will be disappointed with the t10.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So evidently the M4A1 Revalorise is effectively a T8 Sherman Firefly, except in medium clothes, with a trolly turret, but butter for armor everywhere else. Can't wait to see them try to sell it for 40 bucks.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

On the other hand buying the engine means you're playing the AMX 30 longer, which is a definite bonus.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So evidently the M4A1 Revalorise is effectively a T8 Sherman Firefly, except in medium clothes, with a trolly turret, but butter for armor everywhere else. Can't wait to see them try to sell it for 40 bucks.
It's pretty good actually.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mmkay posted:

And I was taking a complete guess at the $40 price tag.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
It's 40 Euros here, so you are probably correct.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

mmkay posted:

Seen some replays of it in action and it looks pretty nice.
Good pen, great alfa, decent handling and decent depression on a semimobile chassis.
I think I'll get one.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RocketSurgeon posted:

You need to go to c/windows/fonts and remove the ones that include xvm in their name or something. That made my dots on the minimap show up.

I'll try this out, thanks! This game and fonts, I swear to god...

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

McGavin posted:

I'll try this out, thanks! This game and fonts, I swear to god...

It's Peter the Great's way or the high way, pigdog

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RocketSurgeon posted:

This actually worked. :wtc:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty much breaking even in my battles with the Caernarvon. I'm going to try to focus on getting the Conqueror unlocked, buying it, unlocking the remaining modules from the Caernarvon, and maybe having it mostly researched by the time the on track ends. Does that sound doable?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I get 3 weeks off at xmas and plan to ruin it by playing tanks. I need 4 cubic fuckloads to silver to buy the Obj 140 so I might just throw WG some $$$$. The FCM 50 is the best money maker since it don't really need to shoot gold, right? But then if they're doing idiot buffs to the IS 6 maybe I should buy that since I got a 3 skill KV crew and no french tanks apart from a Pak 40? But will I need to shoot constant gold to do stuffs in it? Does the IS 6 also make stupid amounts of cash? Oh decisions decisions.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RandomPauI posted:

I'm pretty much breaking even in my battles with the Caernarvon. I'm going to try to focus on getting the Conqueror unlocked, buying it, unlocking the remaining modules from the Caernarvon, and maybe having it mostly researched by the time the on track ends. Does that sound doable?

How much XP is that? I'm guessing you'll need somewhere north of 200k to unlock the Conq and most of its modules. If you're averaging 500 xp per battle, that's 400+ battles in under 2 weeks. Even in my poopsockingest days, I never managed 30 battles a day in a single tank.

Fat Jesus posted:

I get 3 weeks off at xmas and plan to ruin it by playing tanks. I need 4 cubic fuckloads to silver to buy the Obj 140 so I might just throw WG some $$$$. The FCM 50 is the best money maker since it don't really need to shoot gold, right? But then if they're doing idiot buffs to the IS 6 maybe I should buy that since I got a 3 skill KV crew and no french tanks apart from a Pak 40? But will I need to shoot constant gold to do stuffs in it? Does the IS 6 also make stupid amounts of cash? Oh decisions decisions.
The FCM 50 is the most profitable tank in the game according to vbaddict. The T34 is a very close second. The IS-6 is like 15th because, like you said, it demands the player use gold ammo to stay competitive. (I don't own one but I do have a WZ-111, which has the same problem, except it fires HEAT for gold and so there's rarely a point in using gold at all!)

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 26, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

How much XP is that? I'm guessing you'll need somewhere north of 200k to unlock the Conq and most of its modules. If you're averaging 500 xp per battle, that's 400+ battles in under 2 weeks. Even in my poopsockingest days, I never managed 30 battles a day in a single tank.

I checked. I need 105kxp to unlock the Conquerer. That's about 10kxp a day which feels like it should be doable without converting XP. The trick is going to be doing that and also scrounging up something like one million credits and not poopsocking it.

I also pissed off a teammate in a battle right now because I didn't want to drive into a bunch of tier 9's and 10's. He kept calling me out on it so just to placate him I did, and then I died. Like I told him would happen. Is it okay to say "gently caress yeah I'm not charging solo or with your one-shotable tank. They can kill me, and I can't kill them."

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I also pissed off a teammate in a battle right now because I didn't want to drive into a bunch of tier 9's and 10's. He kept calling me out on it so just to placate him I did, and then I died. Like I told him would happen. Is it okay to say "gently caress yeah I'm not charging solo or with your one-shotable tank. They can kill me, and I can't kill them."

It is totally okay to tell pubs to piss up a rope with their lovely plans.

In other news: I made a mod pack. I haven't tested it yet, so let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to fix it.

I'll post one with the good poo poo that I know works in the PGS thread. There's stuff in it that you won't find anywhere else because I made it myself. :rznv:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

stephenfry posted:

It's Peter the Great's way or the high way, pigdog

What's Peter the Great's way, playing World of Warships instead?

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
I think I have a new friend.
mikemelbrooks (14:34:35) zero damage bot
mikemelbrooks (14:34:50) what a piece of poo poo you are
mariovk666 (14:35:36) i gently caress you in asholl
mikemelbrooks (14:40:36) yes please
mikemelbrooks (14:40:48) but then you would miss
mariovk666 (15:36:02) i cum in your mouth
mikemelbrooks (15:48:27) again i would like that but you would probably miss and stick it in my ear ;)

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

A pubbie or person from your tank clan? Ignore all pubbies and lol at all their plans (and that's coming from a pubbie). Every now and again they have good ideas but mostly its stupid poo poo thought up in some wet dream sequence where they are the hero and can kill 15 tanks by themselves. So unless you agree with their stupid plan ignore it. And even then, if you agree with their stupid plan you may need to rethink your own stupid plans. I just turned off in game chat, tonk enjoy-ability went up 10 folds after that.

You may need play nice if they are in your clan. Maybe just don't join his/her team again in the future if they don't listen to reason.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Ensign Expendable posted:

What's Peter the Great's way, playing World of Warships instead?
I meant Cyrillic character sets, which presumably work, lol @ WG testing. Didn't Pyotr I decide on the new alphabet early in his reign? That's what I learned at school, anyway

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

McGavin posted:

It is totally okay to tell pubs to piss up a rope with their lovely plans.

In other news: I made a mod pack. I haven't tested it yet, so let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to fix it.

I'll post one with the good poo poo that I know works in the PGS thread. There's stuff in it that you won't find anywhere else because I made it myself. :rznv:

I am pretty much too lazy to download this unless you tell me what the extra "you made its" are.

Quick advise solicitation... I've grounded through the modules + 60kish experience on both the M46 Patton and the M103. I'm toying with just finishing the grind on these tanks to unlock the tier 10; however, I'm pretty drat close to the tier 9s in the Japanese medium line, the German medium line, and both the French heavy and medium line.

So, should I just stick with trying to unlock the American tier 10s, or invest my time in grinding one of my other lines.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Buff the Pershing's silver pen, why not. It was already the best overall t8 medium.

WG has realized that there are tanks that need buffs but they seem utterly confused over which tanks need those buffs so they're just throwing them out at random.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Playing today was a mixed bag. Games were exceptionally full of shitlords, but I managed to snag a bunch of free crap including some equipment and a garage slot so whatever.

Happy Thanksgiving, goons.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Desuwa posted:

Buff the Pershing's silver pen, why not. It was already the best overall t8 medium.

WG has realized that there are tanks that need buffs but they seem utterly confused over which tanks need those buffs so they're just throwing them out at random.

I think these pen buffs were aimed at bad players. And y'know, I suspect that most tomatoes don't do that great in the Pershing/T-44/T69.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

The FCM 50 is the most profitable tank in the game according to vbaddict. The T34 is a very close second. The IS-6 is like 15th because, like you said, it demands the player use gold ammo to stay competitive. (I don't own one but I do have a WZ-111, which has the same problem, except it fires HEAT for gold and so there's rarely a point in using gold at all!)

hmm I sort of like the idea of a T34, mighty gun of fuckoff plus depression with bullshit turret sounds good but no pref MM oooh, is it useless at tier 10? I got a T29 unlocked so maybe this is a fine choice. Also I have some russian med crews that are p good are there any russian meds tier 8 worthy that can make large tankbux? I need a balance of money making and hilarity / fun.