Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I miss Dick by Dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I miss Ye Fowl Herald.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Here, have some First Dog:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

tacodaemon posted:

Hey, it's one of those times Tinsley is non-political and mildly amusing

"Your loving hand-written signs aren't doing anything" was one of Tinsley's trains of thought recently.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Zetsubou-san posted:

There is no fighting the spiral. An Uzimaki Cartoonist

You may be on to something; check out the pattern on the drapes behind Obama.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You could probably find a chain of 'things were better before!' cartoons stretching back to prehistory

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Today I discovered Adam4D isn't a bigot after all, he doesn't hate gay people any more than he hates everyone, everything, all the time.

......but I think he saves his special hate for anyone who tells him hating people isn't cool

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Doc Hawkins posted:

You may be on to something; check out the pattern on the drapes behind Obama.

:gonk:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

:stare:
Holy poo poo, that second panel face. Good thing I didn't plan on sleeping.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I guess Tinsley supports abortions if the fetus is consumed.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Whenever I hear people like Adam use language like that to talk about god it just conjures up images of an insane spiteful god that barely tolerates his own creation, like an abusive parent. We're so lucky the all powerful being loves us because we're all so disgusting and evil!

It really creeps me out honestly. It completely devalues the entirety of humanity to justify a flimsy and eerie premise.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

enjoy

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 25, 2015

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Filthy Haiku posted:

Whenever I hear people like Adam use language like that to talk about god it just conjures up images of an insane spiteful god that barely tolerates his own creation, like an abusive parent. We're so lucky the all powerful being loves us because we're all so disgusting and evil!

It really creeps me out honestly. It completely devalues the entirety of humanity to justify a flimsy and eerie premise.

There's a certain type of spiteful but cowardly person who is attracted to that kind of fundy stuff.

"I don't hate you, God hates you :)"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

soooo is he pro russia or anti russia

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Depends, is Russia pro USA or anti USA

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Narrator posted:

Imagining some 17th-century Asay getting all up in arms about the complete lack of moral standards in "today's" shoe/stocking combos is great :allears:

It's more that the effete shoes don't allow a man to properly put foot to stirrup and the stockings are useless for manly pursuits like riding, unlike the leather trousers and boots people used to wear.

Neil Gaiman did an amusing take on the "Thus of ould" thing in the Sandman issue "Men of Good Fortune". The story chronicles two immortals who in 1389 agree to meet once a century in the same tavern for a drink. In addition to them talking there are speech bubbles for people uttering complaints of the day. At the last meeting in 1989, literally everything that has been complained about in the historical scenes is being complained about again.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Doc Hawkins posted:

The first image is (of course) from 1915. The second image dates from the early 17th century.

That's an awesome cup.

VitalSigns posted:

Today I discovered Adam4D isn't a bigot after all, he doesn't hate gay people any more than he hates everyone, everything, all the time.

......but I think he saves his special hate for anyone who tells him hating people isn't cool

God only hits you because he loves you. You deserve to be hit because you're broken and no other God could love you. No other God will ever love you. It's your fault God has to beat you. God hopes His beatings will fix you, because God loves you and God hopes that you are fixable. God believes in you. You deserve to be beaten.

Yeah, gotta call the God Police on His Godly rear end and put humanity in a Battered Faithful shelter. That's a bad God you're worshiping Adam2x2d. You're worshiping an abusive God.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Latuff is anti-Turkey. He's also anti-US, anti-Russia, anti-France, anti-Israel, whatever. The Russian plane shootdown is just a pretext for "Turkey bad" in this instance.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cat Mattress posted:

God only hits you because he loves you. You deserve to be hit because you're broken and no other God could love you. No other God will ever love you. It's your fault God has to beat you. God hopes His beatings will fix you, because God loves you and God hopes that you are fixable. God believes in you. You deserve to be beaten.

Yeah, gotta call the God Police on His Godly rear end and put humanity in a Battered Faithful shelter. That's a bad God you're worshiping Adam2x2d. You're worshiping an abusive God.

Friends, believe the good news! God desperately wants to torture you forever, and He'd be well within His rights to do so. However, if you say these magic words, then He'll content Himself with having killed His son two thousand years ago. Isn't that the most loving thing you've ever heard?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

What an interesting and stupid paradox.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
So in response to the first guy thinking that a sentence of eternal pain for even the most wicked is hosed up, the author says that it's actually fine because the eternal pain is the default afterlife? And also everyone deserves it? I feel like that doesn't address the first guy's concerns at all.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

So in response to the first guy thinking that a sentence of eternal pain for even the most wicked is hosed up, the author says that it's actually fine because the eternal pain is the default afterlife? And also everyone deserves it? I feel like that doesn't address the first guy's concerns at all.

Yes, the answer to "even horrible murderers doesn't deserve eternal infinite neverending agony for what was, after all, a finite amount of pain they inflicted on others" is "oh no actually you, yes you, deserve eternal infinite neverending agony for jacking it, isn't it great that God might not do that to you even though he totally should?"

Notice in the last panel, the other guy has run away, leaving Adam Ford alone with his torture fantasies.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
God is so overwhelmingly good that sometimes it wraps all the way around to evil. Normally, as you become a better person you become more accepting of others and more willing to sacrifice your wants and needs in order to help them, but do that too much and suddenly you're prostituting your children to Satan so you can take bets on how damaged they'll be and use their cries of pain and grief as a base for a poem about how big your dick is.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Dr Christmas posted:

God is so overwhelmingly good that sometimes it wraps all the way around to evil. Normally, as you become a better person you become more accepting of others and more willing to sacrifice your wants and needs in order to help them, but do that too much and suddenly you're prostituting your children to Satan so you can take bets on how damaged they'll be and use their cries of pain and grief as a base for a poem about how big your dick is.

Till You KNOW 4 Simultaneous Days Rotate In Same 24 Hours Of Earth You Don't Deserve To Live On Earth

Americans are actually RETARDED from Religious Academia taught ONEism -upon an Earth of opposite poles, covered by Mama Hole and Papa Pole pulsating opposite sexes. The ONEist educated with their flawed 1 eye perspective (opposite eyes overlay) Cyclops mentality, inflicts static non pulsating logos as a fictitious queer same sex transformation.

RIP time cube we hardly knew thee

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That whole cartoon is

"I don't think people deserve eternal damnation in hellfire."
"Actually, we do."
"Oh, okay."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

God's wind-up toys don't always go where he wants, so it's okay when he stomps on them.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

That whole cartoon is

"I don't think people deserve eternal damnation in hellfire."
"Actually, we do."
:stare::yikes:
"We really really do, oh so much :fap:"

ftfy

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

A Civilization cartoon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
As a kid I was like "God punished humanity for building the Tower of Babel because he didn't want us to become as wise as him? What kind of poo poo is this? What kind of father doesn't want his child to surpass him someday?"

Religion never really took for me as a kid.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

If he had a turban on this would have brought up the count of Obama Is Literally A Muslim Terrorist Mastermind cartoons.

If he actually did that he would become aware of all the objects, abilities, and construction that is simply impossible. A goddamn wizard turns a staff into a snake, a small inbred family built a boat the size of a city from driftwood. There's more sense and genuine morality in the Harry Potter series.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 25, 2015

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Not enough whiskey sours for a comic about families suffering from PTSD.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I will never get tired of saying how much I love Pope.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Quick, drape Neil over it! It might sort of cover up the blast!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Somfin posted:

"Your loving hand-written signs aren't doing anything" was one of Tinsley's trains of thought recently.

Gee I wonder where spelling and penmanship are taught?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

xthetenth posted:

Gee I wonder where spelling and penmanship are taught?

Remember Tinsley thinks black people got all educational subjects like spelling and math banned by calling them racist and now schools teach nothing but microaggressions and how to put condoms on cumbers.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Happy early Thanksgiving, thread; before I spend all day driving, here's Bors

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Lewis Black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Chip Bok posted:

That reminded me of claims by Congressional Black Caucus members that frenzied tea partiers shouted the “n-word” at them as they crossed the street to vote for Obamacare in 2010. There was plenty of video of the event but no “n-word” was ever found. That didn’t stop the story from spreading.

Two things about this.

1) Pajamas Media link. Immediate disqualification.
2) Between John Lewis, one of the greatest American heroes ever, and Chip Bok, a goofy, rubber-faced, untalented, glib troll, I'm going to go with Lewis' accounts of the tea party protests, thanks.

• Locked thread