Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Choco1980 posted:

The word part of my brain is stupidly refusing to play nice with my picture brain part. Could someone provide some sort of diagram as to why putting the trucks on backwards switches the turn angle? I'm asking this unironically, I'm actually kinda confused here and want to learn more.

I've never been on a skateboard but from looking at pictures of one I assume it's like this amazing ms paint I did

If I'm wrong then I guess the Schadenfreude is me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That's a p good MSPaint, IMO.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

For reference:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Saint Freak posted:

I've never been on a skateboard but from looking at pictures of one I assume it's like this amazing ms paint I did

I know what a truck is on a skateboard and have since I was a kid. I guess I've somehow made it to 35 without having any idea how they actually worked however. That actually clears up a lot!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

amityville anus posted:

Was that out of Getting Even: the Big Book of Dirty Tricks?

I don't think so. It was some book dedicated to eco-warriors, rather than general-purpose shenanigans. Lots of advice on spiking trees, little to say about cheating spouses.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
This is the gooniest derail I've seen in a long while.

Subjunctive posted:

Pretty weird loss edit.

:golfclap:

Maker Of Shoes has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Nov 25, 2015

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This is relevant to both the meme and fargo threads, for two different reasons and unrelated to any topic in here.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pretty weird loss edit.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Saint Freak posted:

A switched set of trucks is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for skaters to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the skateboard than on the skateboarder. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a bruised, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Anybody else laugh when halfway through the video, the rear end in a top hat puts on a helmet?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Saint Freak posted:

That's exactly how they work. Your weight squishes some plastic bushings as you shift it and that lets the trucks turn. Put them on backwards and they turn in the opposite direction that you're leaning into.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Anybody else laugh when halfway through the video, the rear end in a top hat puts on a helmet?
Yes, very much so.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

More when, immediately afterward, he smacks his face into the floor after a 10-foot drop.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
http://i.imgur.com/EVsomAF.webm

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ExecuDork posted:

I don't think so. It was some book dedicated to eco-warriors, rather than general-purpose shenanigans. Lots of advice on spiking trees, little to say about cheating spouses.

"Ecodefense: A Field Guide to Monkeywrenching" is my guess.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

LawfulWaffle posted:

A switched set of trucks is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for skaters to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the skateboard than on the skateboarder. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a bruised, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

:vince:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Guy spends months building a 22x22 rubik's cube, only to have it fail spectacularly the first time he attempts to use it:
[video type=""]i84PRVPieeU[/video]
Having trouble with the timed tag and the video is long as heck- starts around 134:40.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 21:07 on Nov 25, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

subpar anachronism posted:

Guy spends months building a 22x22 rubik's cube, only to have it fail spectacularly the first time he attempts to use it:
Having trouble with the timed tag and the video is long as heck- starts around 134:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i84PRVPieeU&feature=youtu.be&t=5674

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Nope... Nope...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

LawfulWaffle posted:

This didn't get nearly enough love...

:perfect:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

EZipperelli posted:

This didn't get nearly enough love...

:perfect:

But what's it in reference to?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Note that he comes up without his glasses :laugh:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Get stuck into your work.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
^
Poetry in stop-motion.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Regalingualius posted:

But what's it in reference to?

It's a miscarriage of justice that you're at a loss as to what this is in reference to...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Schadenfreude Thread: Experiencing Massive Piece Separation

:laffo:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

EZipperelli posted:

It's a miscarriage of justice that you're at a loss as to what this is in reference to...

Pun-tastic.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

EZipperelli posted:

No need to be a cad about it...

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

drat, what did he make it out of, explodium?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

I wish I had a clue how to make this a timelapse so I could watch the entire thing without dying of boredom.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Not getting enough love

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I admit I didn't expect that cube to completely shatter like that, I'm shocked at how calm he seemed :lol:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Thank you so much for this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ozz81 posted:

I admit I didn't expect that cube to completely shatter like that, I'm shocked at how calm he seemed :lol:

"... Maybe that didn't just happen."

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Usually when you solve the lament configuration, the cenobites rip you apart, not the cube.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kizudarake posted:

Usually when you solve the lament configuration, the cenobites rip you apart, not the cube.

a cube so dark and autistimal even pinhead wanted it destroyed

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

"... Maybe that didn't just happen."

Denial is the first stage of grief after all.