Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

larchesdanrew posted:

Haha, I still get discrepancy reports emailed to me, and apparently this morning the production crew played "unplug random servers for whatever reason" again.

Maybe your (ex)-CE thinks you'll magically turn up to work if he keeps forwarding tickets and alerts to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Maybe your (ex)-CE thinks you'll magically turn up to work if he keeps forwarding tickets and alerts to you.

Malek posted:

Glad to see you're still getting Severity 1 tickets assigned to you.

Nah, these are general purpose discrepancy reports that the production crew sends out after every broadcast to engineering and the news department outlining any technical errors or screw ups by reporters.

CE doesn't know or care how to assign or complete tickets.

I still have access to the ticket server and in the last few days over 30 have accrued for minor and major issues and they haven't been touched.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Don't access any of your old work systems.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Dick Trauma posted:

Don't access any of your old work systems.

Wasn't really actively accessing. I still get push notifications on my phone whenever a new ticket comes in. Haven't been arsed to uninstall the app yet.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Uninstall the app and don't look back.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

Bigass Moth posted:

Uninstall the app and don't look back.

Definitely - never underestimate the ability of the technically incompetent to gain just enough skill to find something that can be twisted into making you look either culpable or malicious. You left there for a reason, so let your former co-workers gather the rumors and delicious irony and bask in their warm regard as you look for work where management isn't composed of mouth-breathing retards.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Daylen Drazzi posted:

work where management isn't composed of mouth-breathing retards.

Be sure to let us know where to find this utopia if you managed to discover it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Be sure to let us know where to find this utopia if you managed to discover it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

larchesdanrew posted:

Haha, I still get discrepancy reports emailed to me, and apparently this morning the production crew played "unplug random servers for whatever reason" again.

Is it going to your personal inbox or something? If you have a forwarder in place from your work account to a personal one then it's probably time to remove that, no need to make your life hard.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Is it going to your personal inbox or something? If you have a forwarder in place from your work account to a personal one then it's probably time to remove that, no need to make your life hard.

They haven't deactivated my work email yet :ssh:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Yeah, you should open a ticket on that.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

larchesdanrew posted:

They haven't deactivated my work email yet :ssh:

Please stop, you can't put it past your ex-employer to try and find something to gently caress you over, and you're technically accessing a system that you aren't authorized to use.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Please stop, you can't put it past your ex-employer to try and find something to gently caress you over, and you're technically accessing a system that you aren't authorized to use.

Last time people brought this up he said stop whining about it :shrug:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Pouring one out for the homies on call tomorrow

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Butterball hotline tech support will be slammed.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Had lunch with a former coworker today from when I worked at a retail corporate it job, he has to be in the office at 2PM tomorrow.

The last black friday i covered before I left there two years ago, I had to be at the office at 5PM. Sales numbers were abysmal, I brought in my 360 and just played GTAIV all night.

On the 80" led in the lobby. In front of the CEO as he walked past.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Bigass Moth posted:

Butterball hotline tech support will be slammed.
What do you mean the turkey doesn't cook itself? THIS IS AFFECTING PRODUCTION

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What do you mean the turkey doesn't cook itself? THIS IS AFFECTING PRODUCTION

The stuffing doesn't come baked in already?!?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Preheat the oven? I'm not a culinary person, just do it for me!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

WTF is this turkey nonsense I specifically ordered a buffalo.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Do I look like I know what a "stuffing" is?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Ha-ha i just don't understand this basting stuff!!! v:gonk:v

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Cook at 325 for 5 hours? I don't have that kind of time!

What do you mean, I can't cook it at 650 for 2.5 hours? Put your manager on the line!

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Cook at 325 for 5 hours? I don't have that kind of time!

What do you mean, I can't cook it at 650 for 2.5 hours? Put your manager on the line!

The Mythical Turkey Hour

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

larchesdanrew posted:

I still have access to the ticket server and in the last few days over 30 have accrued for minor and major issues and they haven't been touched.

Stop. Accessing. Former Employer's. Systems.

You have ended the contract which authorized you to use them. Even if you have access, that alone is not explicit authorization to keep using them.

This is like going to your former employers building, the security guard doesn't stop you because they recognize you and haven't been told you're fired. You then go to a combination locked room and let yourself in because they didn't change the code. Even if you can do this, it doesn't mean you are allowed to do this. You're employment contract has ended and you're no longer allowed to routinely go to your workplace nor access your workplace's systems, even if you are able to do so.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

larchesdanrew posted:

Reminds me of that West Wing episode.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TcGEcKjSu4

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

If I don't cook my turkey properly, will I kill all my guests?

e: :argh:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Garrand posted:

If I don't cook my turkey properly, will I kill all my guests?

e: :argh:
I'm not saying that's necessarily a deal-breaker.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

skooma512 posted:

The one thing I'm thankful for is how my job handles holidays when anyone is on call. Person on-call that week gets a $350 bonus, plus time worked, plus the following Friday off as a paid comp day. I'm scheduled to work the week of Christmas which is usually dead, and already have other techs emailing me about trading my shift. No loving way, especially after being in and out for medical over the last 6 weeks, being on short term disability and not able to work again for another couple weeks from now.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

larchesdanrew posted:

Finally caught up on the thread; thank you for sharing your tickets and stories, it's a good reminder for me to be thankful and appreciative of the really nice boss I have in IT.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Today we were told that in celebration of Thanksgiving we could go home at 3:00. If we used our leave to do so. Basically they were just willing to overlook the requirement that each department have at least 50% of staff present and let anyone who wanted to use leave do it. Gee, thanks.

MF_James posted:

Our company does this to help track the number of calls on an issue (we're an MSP so it obviously matters). What our helpdesk will do is, once it is realized it's an issue (usually after 5-10 call) they will create a problem ticket and then link every individual incident ticket to that problem ticket, the incidents get closed as soon as they are linked to the problem, helps with issue tracking/metrics and it's pretty easy, all of 45 seconds for whomever is on the phone to link + close ticket. Our company also rolled their own ticketing system and it's pretty loving good, so the same thing might not be as easy in remedy or whatever your ticket system flavor is.
Yeah in that case I can see how it would make sense, but at the time we were on a poorly-implemented Remedy system so if something like that was possible no one knew how to do it. Now we subscribe to Remedy's hosted solution, so it probably is possible, but I'm sure no one knows how still. There was still supposed to be one "master" ticket where work notes could be left, and the other tickets were just supposed to be closed individually with "See ticket xxxxx".

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I gave my guys the weekend off (office is normally open on Friday) and have taken over on-call duties for the entire week.

Had a good boss do the same for me years ago, and I want to continue that tradition.

:cheers:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I never did this before, I can just put the turkey in the microwave with a cup of water overnight, right?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

skooma512 posted:

Is on-call worse than working? Because I am working... graveyard shifts... tonight, tomorrow, and friday night.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Merijn posted:

I never did this before, I can just put the turkey in the microwave with a cup of water overnight, right?

You also need some corn or something to feed it.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
My boss is covering for me Friday so I've got a 5 day weekend ahead. :neckbeard:

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I'm at work today. Getting a measly 1.3x pay for being here. Just means more PTO to cash out in a few years.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

All our sites are closed until Monday. Sometimes it is actually good to work in healthcare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Sirotan posted:

All our sites are closed until Monday. Sometimes it is actually good to work in healthcare.

Unless it's a hospital. Then it's never closed. Just slow. Very very slow.

Not doing much other than trying not to fall asleep. Guess I'll work on more subnetting! Whee!

• Locked thread