Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

DatonKallandor posted:

Plus the fact that Payday 2 already had a system in place for getting random loot after every match, and the crate upgrade made it so sometimes instead of getting random loot like normal you got random loot locked in a box you could only open with real money. They essentially replaced loot you used to get with pay-for-loot that was also random.

And as you mentioned, they put stat boosts on weapon skins, which is a hilariously dumb idea.

Yeah the icing on the payday stuff was that spending 2.50 on a random skin had a large chance of giving you a skin for a dlc weapon. That can't be used if you don't own that dlc. Kind of a problem when your game has like 20 some dlc weapon packs.

The stats on the weapon skins were another lovely decision because of a game wide weapon "rebalance" that just ended up breaking a lot of weapons and making things useless. A lot of the skins just so happened to give stats that had been lowered in the patch and in some cases made weapons flat out completely better than normal guns. The whole thing felt like it was made by someone who had never played the game before.

Every single aspect of how payday did the system was horrible. KF2 is a different game that's better suited for loot kind of systems but I dunno part of this seems like it was tacked on to make up for declining interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://www.pcgamer.com/killing-floor-2-patriarch-boss-reveal/

Oh, hello, my old friend.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
gently caress Tripwire, man. Where is his mustache.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Patty lost all his hair, KF3 will feature hairball monsters as a result of the Patriarch's on-going struggle against baldness.

Interesting that they mention 6 new weapons instead of only the Gunslinger's new ones. I wonder if they're counting his grenade and knife or if we're getting sneak-peeks at Gunslinger/SWAT.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

He looks loving great :allears:
Also didn't realize we were getting both maps with the new update so that's cool too

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Somebody has a bad case of l4d tank syndrome.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
I'm glad you guys finally got to see a glimpse of the Patty. The whole design team has been busting their asses to make sure he's fun, exciting and bad-rear end.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Questioner86 posted:

I'm glad you guys finally got to see a glimpse of the Patty. The whole design team has been busting their asses to make sure he's fun, exciting and bad-rear end.

He's been lifting, but trying to use a robot leg to hide the fact he skipped leg day? Shameful.
No but seriously I actually like the new design. He's the polar opposite of Hans, and looks like he can take a beating, and dish one out in return. Boy I hope he doesn't have the "Remove Player" melee attack Hans does. Or a ranged version.

Well, this patch seems to have more content then anticipated earlier, this is shaping up pretty good. Can't wait to shoot some Zeds with two pistols in early march 2016 :v:
Or December 2nd, I doubt that we will see this patch before the current Steam Sale ends to maximize profit on the promise of new content.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 26, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Questioner86 posted:

He needs the 'stache back though

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Nalesh posted:

He needs the 'stache back though

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Patty looks kinda weird but certainly imposing.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Someone's having a delightful meltdown over the new Patty in the Steam comments.

quote:

Please release this as diffrent boss type and release patriach like kf 1 I DON'T WANT TO SEE FREAK I WANT TO SEE OLD COOL PATRIACH

quote:

Well my suggest they need burn this thing and rethink of comunity comments or make new patriach and make this thing as diffrent boos with diffrent name I mean you can't make freak to main boss of series if we look kf 1 he be so much person in events ring master robo santa or Sheriff Wade or vampire now I am looking kf2 its impossible give skin like this to him %100 suck for me. Well TW must think all of this stuf and remodel him.

quote:

No I am not get over with it I overly dissapointed I am really fan of Patriarch thats why I convert him with his animations and all skins to SFM and gmod and I bought the kf2 just because hoped to see Patriarch HD skin and than I got this freak so I reall pissed off for this.

quote:

Well this need to be open ticket to steam to get our money back because this not what I except from the game. The ne Patriarch killed all my hopes just I bought this game for Patriarch . I need get answer from devs for this worst Patriarch. I mean who is this idea?

quote:

Somethings not to be changed this thing could be other boss but not for Patriarch. I mean look to MK is shao kahn changed to freak like this? He always be cool so why the Patriarch changed to freak cool guy gone and hello to this freak ring master dididng we got winner

All from the same guy. You've ruined his life TWI.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 26, 2015

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

ZearothK posted:

Someone's having a delightful meltdown over the new Patty in the Steam comments.

All from the same guy. You've ruined his life TWI.

dude needs his diaper changed

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'm glad someone can see past this nonsense with the microtransactions and focus on the real, pressing issues.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Good lord I made the mistake of reading the KF2 Steam Discussion board.
So much concentrated stupid.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 26, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Someone will make an old patty mod I imagine.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Let's be honest: the original Patriarch's model was basically just a dude. I thought he was a developer self-insert the first time I saw him.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Kikas posted:

He's been lifting, but trying to use a robot leg to hide the fact he skipped leg day? Shameful.
No but seriously I actually like the new design. He's the polar opposite of Hans, and looks like he can take a beating, and dish one out in return. Boy I hope he doesn't have the "Remove Player" melee attack Hans does. Or a ranged version.

Well, this patch seems to have more content then anticipated earlier, this is shaping up pretty good. Can't wait to shoot some Zeds with two pistols in early march 2016 :v:
Or December 2nd, I doubt that we will see this patch before the current Steam Sale ends to maximize profit on the promise of new content.

He's actually got a really brutal attack the removes a player from the fight by shooting a loving rocket up their rear end.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Questioner86 posted:

He's actually got a really brutal attack the removes a player from the fight by shooting a loving rocket up their rear end.

Does the Demo explosion resistance negate that? :v:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Questioner86 posted:

So is this to say that you all heard people bitching about Hans insta-killing people with melee, and copied that for Patriarch, too?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I wonder if Patty will keep his anti melee spam 360 spin attack?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

If they are maintaining some standards from KF1 it is likely the Patriarch will be vulnerable to explosive, so between having the abiltiy of taking rockets to the face and dishing out damage I can see Demolitionist being a decent gamble for the boss stage. I fully expect to always roll Hans when going Demo, though.

It is not exactly something new, KF1 Patty could instakill players with the rocket launcher, but there was an obvious tell that he was going to do that and it was easily avoidable by seeking cover, so that factored in when picking a place to engage him. Not sure how that will be affected by the mortar attack mentioned.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Questioner86 posted:

Does the MEAT system work on the player when this happens?
I would laugh my rear end off if the players gibbed like ZEDs when they get taken out like that

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Does the MEAT system work on the player when this happens?
I would laugh my rear end off if the players gibbed like ZEDs when they get taken out like that

I always wondered if they were planning on implementing the MEAT system for players. The store page seems to imply that they will.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Questioner86 posted:

So...basically KF1 all over again?

I remember those days when hearing "One in the pipe!" means there was a 50/50 chance one of your team-mates was gonna bite it.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Don't worry, you'll be able to buy a pass on the Pat's rocket butt-loving for just 99 cents!

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Alkydere posted:

So...basically KF1 all over again?

I remember those days when hearing "One in the pipe!" means there was a 50/50 chance one of your team-mates was gonna bite it.

Yeah but when your teammate was standing in front of a door and welding it when the Pat did that it was totally deserved.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Okay, just one more.

quote:

I am waiting answer from TW for this bullshit Patriarch I could be biggest fan for patriarch because I want to see people moveies about him than I convert him to source engine so I really diserve answer for this abusement for me. I fell like stupid to buy the early accses to game I mean comon TW where is the cool Patriarch its so iconic to see him like that thats makes you diffrent from other zombie games Hans is fine because its looks like Patriarch but this new update make me so dissopinted you make fell like wasted my money. I just bought this game for Patriarch why you did this to me.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
This man is like a living personification of Google Translate with a Patriarch fetish.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Why is anyone complaining again?

This update seems awesome.

Also, doesn't 6 new weapons imply that there are two we haven't seen yet?

Not to mention Workshop support alone is a HUGE improvement re: keeping the most up-to-date maps on your server of choice.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm glad to see some signs of life from KF2, I had already written off the game as a very expensive soundtrack purchase.

e: I'm not gonna whine about the zed-conomy update because I think anyone who didn't see the cosmetic system as it stands and realize this was going to be added is living under a rock, but drat are Valve some seriously evil motherfuckers by coming up with varying quality of weapon skins by virtue of how hosed up the texture is.

Geight fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 26, 2015

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Yo Questioner, does this patch include listen server support? That and the maps/mods workshop are the two big features I've been looking forward to. Being able to download a map and then invite my friend to a personal game in KF1 is my preferred way of playing.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
As much as I'd love to tell you yes listen server support isn't in yet.

It's a high priority thing to get working but without boring you with a bunch of technical stuff it's been very challenging to get it working ithe that it should work in a modern game (no loving around with port fowarding and all that garbage, like you had to do in KF1). I pretty much only play co-op games with private/friends only lobbies so I feel your pain.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Why is anyone complaining again?

This update seems awesome.

Also, doesn't 6 new weapons imply that there are two we haven't seen yet?

Not to mention Workshop support alone is a HUGE improvement re: keeping the most up-to-date maps on your server of choice.

naw, they are probably including the knife and the grenade

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
I bet if you've just put glasses, mustache and long hair on him nobody would've freaked out. Maybe greenish skin would've burned some retard's biscuits.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

She Bangs the Drums posted:

naw, they are probably including the knife and the grenade

I will pray for the m32 this thanksgiving

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I wish the new Patty had the old one's jorts. :(

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Update sounds great, mostly pumped for the two new maps. New patty looks adequately silly and cheesy, and the guy loosing his mind over it is hilarious to the point of looking like poorly done parody.

Theta Zero posted:

I always wondered if they were planning on implementing the MEAT system for players. The store page seems to imply that they will.
I'm pretty certain i remember reading that the system managing all the different gibs works for enemies because they all look uniform, but that it would be hard to adapt to players because they too many combinations of models and skins. Apparently it's not like they can just turn a switch on in the gib system, but will have to manually design the way all the varying models disintegrate.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I wonder if "Bug fixes and improvements" means the Grenade Pistol gets changed.
That's the part of the patch I'd love to see explained in full detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Questioner, most important question, does he still say 'One in the pipe!" ?