Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ramos posted:

And then Jace tenderly sat his rear end on the dildo strapped to the his life sized pillow with a picture of Liliana on it before realizing he had spoken four words.

Please don't attempt to retcon Jace as a like able character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
I just learned from Nummy's stream last night that Pucatrade is planning to implement online <> paper trading. Pretty cool since I barely play paper anymore and have a Bob to offload.

NivMizzet
May 22, 2004

"My criticism of the Izzet is that their impulse for learning seems too much like impulse and too little like learning."
-Trigori, Azorius senator

Terrible Horse posted:

I just learned from Nummy's stream last night that Pucatrade is planning to implement online <> paper trading. Pretty cool since I barely play paper anymore and have a Bob to offload.

They've been saying it would come out in October for months and that's come and gone, so we'll see how long it takes them. I can't wait for them finish it, I just want to trade my online draft bulk for physical EDH cards.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

NivMizzet posted:

They've been saying it would come out in October for months and that's come and gone, so we'll see how long it takes them. I can't wait for them finish it, I just want to trade my online draft bulk for physical EDH cards.

It would honestly make me more inclined to draft on MTGO because then I can take my sick rips and make them into actual cards.

Or you know, use my puca points to get into Modern on MTGO since central Jersey doesn't have a store that runs large events unless I want to drive an hour and a half to get bodied.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
After watching my umpteenth pro cube draft video, I've come to realize that the cube gimmick I really want is a cube without blue in it.

Or at least one where the blue theme somehow avoids card draw and/or counterspells completely.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

JerryLee posted:

After watching my umpteenth pro cube draft video, I've come to realize that the cube gimmick I really want is a cube without blue in it.

Or at least one where the blue theme somehow avoids card draw and/or counterspells completely.

Or a dumb infinite combo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

JerryLee posted:

Submitted for your approval: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/1863

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had to play an auto pick deck on cube last time and my 5c monstrosity almost made it out of round one. I lost to panoptic mirror/beacon of tomorrow.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

JerryLee posted:

I remember desert cube was pretty good for this, mostly because you had to draft islands.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
So close, yet so far

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

So close, yet so far

There's just something about the name that's loving hilarious.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Angry Grimace posted:

So close, yet so far

Static Dwarf is a really appropriate name for a modal ability with only one option. That would be a hilarious card for an Unset.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

There's just something about the name that's loving hilarious.

it's the juxtaposition with the creature type

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Honestly not sure what you mean by submitting this for "approval" as a response to my post, unless I need to clarify that I include multicolor blue cards in my statement. You've still got plenty of card drawing/cantripping durdling there of the sort that every pro seems to love to rub all over their genitals. It looks like a pretty fun cube in its own right, though!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Elyv posted:

it's the juxtaposition with the creature type

I'm imagining a tiny pomeranian samurai that generates an EMP fiend with its fluffiness

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Regarding the story-lines, is Ravnica the only plane with an ongoing that doesn't directly concern a planeswalker or a multiversal threat (Eldrazi, New Phyrexia)? UR recently picked up the Teysa and Tajic plotline from Dragon's Maze, and I wondered if that indicated another return to Ravnica. Possibly I've missed stuff concerning pre-Innistrad settings.

Edit: I guess I mean more "hanging plot threads".

I think the closest you'll get is Llorwyn or Kamigawa but I'm pretty sure they don't count as ongoing.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Alris posted:

I think the closest you'll get is Llorwyn or Kamigawa but I'm pretty sure they don't count as ongoing.

I mean Tammy moonsocks is from Kamigawa that counts right?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

cheetah7071 posted:

What's a fair cost for a 0/1 with B: put a +1/+1 counter on ~?

Today, probably 2BB
In 1996, 4BB

It would be a limited bomb and standard unplayable.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

Today, probably 2BB
In 1996, 4BB

It would be a limited bomb and standard unplayable.

Give it hexproof.

:getin:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I may be insane but I think I'm going to try re-templating the Spectral Chaos non-set because I have nothing better to do right now.

If I finish it I'll try and see about getting it on one of those drafting sites like drafts.in I guess.

Not looking forward to fiddling with creature types.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Fiddle with all of the creature types except for Arch-Dolphin.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Jenny Angel posted:

Fiddle with all of the creature types except for Arch-Dolphin.

That's staying because why would I mess with perfection.

Part of me wants to change the colors on things to bring them in line with the modern color pie but then I can't have mana-dork Dolphins (sea creautres in Green would be wierd) so I guess I'm not doing that. Maybe I'll go back over it later and make a second version that fits. :spergin:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Part of the charm of old cards is how utterly out of color they often are anyway.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Just get rid of the stuff that literally does not work and the 0-cost mana accelerators and it'd be a pretty plain old set. A bunch of overcosted creatures, weird spells, and things Blue should not really have.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Just get rid of the stuff that literally does not work and the 0-cost mana accelerators and it'd be a pretty plain old set. A bunch of overcosted creatures, weird spells, and things Blue should not really have.

Every colour should have everything

Beast Within is still one of the best designs ever

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Sounds like a pretty typical multiplayer product

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

JerryLee posted:

Sounds like a pretty typical multiplayer product

The more I look at Spectral Chaos the more I feel like it should be drafted and played like Conspiracy.

Or it would be if it were at all balanced. And real. :v:

I'm leaving in the Antimana spells because they're incredibly stupid and I love them (in the way one loves Time Walk or Black Lotus). Probably gonna adjust rarities all around, so they might end up at Mythic.

As listed it looks like there are a TON of would-be-Mythics (Very Rare) in the spoiler. Not sure if the numbers are appropriate for a ~400 card set. I'll have to do a count after I've gotten them all typed up and then compare to the number of Mythics in a Large + Small set (looks like ~25) and then some of them might get downgraded/upgraded.

Or maybe I just make everything a Rare and make potential drafts a mess. :unsmigghh:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Large sets have 15 mythics, small have 10, so it would be 25 if something is large+small sized.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Cernunnos posted:

I may be insane but I think I'm going to try re-templating the Spectral Chaos non-set because I have nothing better to do right now.

If I finish it I'll try and see about getting it on one of those drafting sites like drafts.in I guess.

Not looking forward to fiddling with creature types.

Someone already did: https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/3u1t64/modern_spectral_chaos_set/

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Wow, found out my spare Bloodstained Mires are worth $20 last night, I'm sure they weren't more than $6 when I got them! I'm not convinced fetches will ever be worth so much post-rotation, I don't think modern demand later will outstrip the demand now where we have modern and a standard where 12 fetches in a deck is the norm.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Black Friday! Post some deals.

SCG is doing 4 days of deals, only real highlight I saw today was $80 boxes of bfz. Also their ABU power and duals lol

CFB has bfz singles, and tons of sealed products from almost every set but I don't know exactly how good of a deal some of those are. They also have a limited supply of their own special holiday box, which seems like an ok deal at $50 if you like opening packs. Also kmc hyper mattes, the superior sleeve choice, for $6.

Also gatecrash/dgm boxes at $60

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 27, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yeah SCG has poo poo for sales.

Some poo poo nobody was going to buy because it's too expensive is still too expensive, also, some sealed Commander product.

I miss when they put relevant poo poo on sale. Like the shocklands. That helped me out a lot back in the day.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Count Bleck posted:

Yeah SCG has poo poo for sales.

Some poo poo nobody was going to buy because it's too expensive is still too expensive, also, some sealed Commander product.

I miss when they put relevant poo poo on sale. Like the shocklands. That helped me out a lot back in the day.

At one point they had $40 foreign boxes of things like GTC and DGM which would be worth it, but those either sold out instantly or were never actually in stock. $80 boxes of bfz is a legit deal though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

$80 boxes of bfz is a legit deal though.

Honestly I'd prefer a box of Origins at this point to spin the wheel for Jace if I'm gonna spin the wheel at all.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Also kmc hyper mattes, the superior sleeve choice, for $6.

I've used and liked KMCs, but I recently tried Ultimate Guard and I'm really like them so far, very easy shuffle and a good fit. Not tried double sleeveing yet though.

They make really good deck boxes though, "Deck n Tray" looks cool, is really solid and saves me digging through the bottom of my bag for dice.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Count Bleck posted:

Honestly I'd prefer a box of Origins at this point to spin the wheel for Jace if I'm gonna spin the wheel at all.

Yeah maybe, it's basically gideon + expeditions vs jace + flip/hangarback walkers. I'll probably see if some buds wants to split either.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yeah maybe, it's basically gideon + expeditions vs jace + flip/hangarback walkers. I'll probably see if some buds wants to split either.

Jace, Walkers, Nissa, and Liliana, really.

And the other played Origins rares, like Abbot.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Trollandtoad had all of khans block boxes for 60, but they just fates left now.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Anybody know of any good(ish) deals on khans boxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Up here in Canada we've been having record low FNM turnouts for the past 2 weeks. Tonight was another night where 8 people showed up as opposed to close to 20 normally - I know the US has an excuse for today but has anyone else notices a trend like this?

• Locked thread