Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Holy poo poo I just had the most OP Greed run as Isaac ever. First floor magic mushroom, re-rolled the item room into God Head, some random crap, grabbed Pupla Duplex from a shop and then re-rolled the caves devil deal into death's touch and well... yeah.

You didn't even need to move from the middle of the room because the halo reached both sides and was instant clearing everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

flyboi posted:

Holy poo poo I just had the most OP Greed run as Isaac ever. First floor magic mushroom, re-rolled the item room into God Head, some random crap, grabbed Pupla Duplex from a shop and then re-rolled the caves devil deal into death's touch and well... yeah.

You didn't even need to move from the middle of the room because the halo reached both sides and was instant clearing everything.

that's your isaac post-it note, but you have godhead??

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Unidentified pill into Telepills to I Am Error room in Necropolis XL. Is there a way out to get the Polaroid? Assuming not, kusoge, Edmund, etc. but I'm asking!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
EDIT: Nvm

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 26, 2015

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

VineST posted:

that's your isaac post-it note, but you have godhead??

My post-it got hosed by the import when Afterbirth first released and I have no idea how to fix it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any tips for Greed mode as the Lost? It's the last thing I have to do with him to get Godhead. Holy Mantle doesn't refresh each wave, it's only if you leave and enter the room again right? Can the Lost press the button without dying?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RatHat posted:

Any tips for Greed mode as the Lost? It's the last thing I have to do with him to get Godhead. Holy Mantle doesn't refresh each wave, it's only if you leave and enter the room again right? Can the Lost press the button without dying?

Yes, the Lost is the only character who can press the button without getting hurt. You might get less money out of it, but it's a very safe way to play as him. If you reach Ultra Greed, you shouldn't have to worry as much. His attacks are fairly forgiving and there's lots of room to dodge.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yes, the Lost is the only character who can press the button without getting hurt. You might get less money out of it, but it's a very safe way to play as him. If you reach Ultra Greed, you shouldn't have to worry as much. His attacks are fairly forgiving and there's lots of room to dodge.

Unless a coin drops on your head from nowhere :argh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

flyboi posted:

My post-it got hosed by the import when Afterbirth first released and I have no idea how to fix it
Launch hosed up everyone's poo poo because the game is a buggy mess held together by glue and dreams.

After the first patch I tried importing again, but it was still broken and by the time another patch came out I did not feel like starting Afterbirth all over again.

Basically, I don't think they're joking when they say they are't game developers :v:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wow, the Lost is insanely powerful compared to before with the starting Holy Mantle. I just need the mega satan mark, but in three separate runs today I got nothing but devil deals all the way through, and ALL THREE had a Brimstone available to taunt me in one of the devil deal rooms.

(Getting close to 1001%, just need Mega Satan on Lost and Hush/Mega Satan on Keeper, then four items - Censer, Sworn Protecter, Deep Pockets, and Mega Blast once I unlock it)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Tech X is really good but man does it tire out your finger to rapid-fire it.

Also unlocked Godhead. Now I never need to touch the Lost again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AbDomen posted:

As far as I remember, it looks like a standard playing card - identical to, e.g., 2 of diamonds.

Unrelated edit: At this point I just restart a Keeper run if the first treasure room isn't a tears up or damage up. His gimmick is cool on paper, but he's just too slow and tedious.

Yeah much like Rebirth's lost he needs a little more of an edge. But I think the idea is cool enough to build on.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

So in order to make angel rooms possible, you have to leave a devil room without buying anything. What if you get snatched by a mom hand before you buy anything? Does that count?

You don't even need to enter the Devil Room.

Angel requirements are just:
* Seen a Devil Room door spawn at least once
* Has not payed for an item with hearts.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

AbDomen posted:

As far as I remember, it looks like a standard playing card - identical to, e.g., 2 of diamonds.

Unrelated edit: At this point I just restart a Keeper run if the first treasure room isn't a tears up or damage up. His gimmick is cool on paper, but he's just too slow and tedious.

Do you guys really give it a try every run? I just hold r until I'm next to an item room that has something good in it. It only takes 2-3 minutes.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Just beat Mega Satan with The Lost and did the same with Ultra Greed and Hush earlier today so that's his post-it completed. He's legitimately fun starting with Holy Mantle, it's weird. I lost a couple of really promising runs leading up to the win but it never really got frustrating. He remains challenging but so much more fair.

Now I only have Keeper and Lilith to finish up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Cool, the 2 of Hearts will still heal the Keeper despite him not using hearts for health.

Ariong posted:

So in order to make angel rooms possible, you have to leave a devil room without buying anything. What if you get snatched by a mom hand before you buy anything? Does that count?

You just can't buy anything with hearts. You can enter Devil rooms and open red chests(even take items from them) without any penalty.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

PSA: never use pills without PHD on Keeper, a health down works + basically kills your run outright

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

RatHat posted:

You just can't buy anything with hearts. You can enter Devil rooms and open red chests(even take items from them) without any penalty.

You can even bring the credit card into a Devil room, use it and collect the items for free, just as long as you haven't paid for them with hearts.

Power of Pecota posted:

PSA: never use pills without PHD on Keeper, a health down works + basically kills your run outright

I had one super stressful Keeper run where I accidentally took health down and managed to somehow make it to the next HP up item, twitching nervously all the way.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Power of Pecota posted:

On the other hand, I had a great Keeper run due to 9 Lives from a devil deal combined with health up pills (no PHD). Also, health down becomes health up when you only have one heart container, so I think its a good idea to take unidentified pills after a devil deal or when a health upgrade is available on that floor.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Donating 879 coins before unlocking the lost isn't going to break the lost starting with holy mantle or anything is it?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Trying to find out what the Golden Horse Shoe atually does and i'm still none the wiser. I went through an entire run to the Chest without it triggering even once.
I just know that it does something with a 15% chance (30% w/ Mom's Box). Which is good to know, i guess, cause i was almost suspecting Ed just included a good old-fashioned superstition trinket that does nothing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Trying to find out what the Golden Horse Shoe atually does and i'm still none the wiser. I went through an entire run to the Chest without it triggering even once.
I just know that it does something with a 15% chance (30% w/ Mom's Box). Which is good to know, i guess, cause i was almost suspecting Ed just included a good old-fashioned superstition trinket that does nothing.

Hmm, did you interact with any slot machines or fortune tellers? Blood banks? Does it stack with the effects of Lucky Foot in the code? The description would lead me to believe that it affects chance based stuff somehow.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer
What's the easiest way to grab remaining angel room items for my collection page? I have everything unlocked, just missing 2 angel room items for 1001%. Would it be easiest to play greed mode with Isaac, reroll angel room items (including key pieces) with the D6 and try to get an infinite recharge setup?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I swear I saw once a tool someone put together where you could plug in your save file and it'd tell you what you still have to unlock. Am I dreaming it up or does it actually exist?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

flatluigi posted:

I swear I saw once a tool someone put together where you could plug in your save file and it'd tell you what you still have to unlock. Am I dreaming it up or does it actually exist?

There was one in the early days of Rebirth but gently caress if I know where it is and it probably doesn't work with Afterbirth.

Just check your secrets/item page against one online.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

My favourite thing back in Wrath of the Lamb era isaac was this website that had every single item and what they did in tiny text all around the page, with a blank area in the middle where you put the game window and you had that site all around the game window the entire time you played. This became impossible to do with more editions with more items obviously, but does anyone remember what that site was called?

Edit: Found it. This site was really cool back in the day: http://isaacscheatsheet.pw/

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 26, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

LibbyM posted:

My favourite thing back in Wrath of the Lamb era isaac was this website that had every single item and what they did in tiny text all around the page, with a blank area in the middle where you put the game window and you had that site all around the game window the entire time you played. This became impossible to do with more editions with more items obviously, but does anyone remember what that site was called?

Edit: Found it. This site was really cool back in the day: http://isaacscheatsheet.pw/

If I could just get an overlay with the different dice room numbers and what they do (I can only ever remember 1, 5, and 6) and what Pandora's Box pays out with for each floor then I'd be fine.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jibo posted:

If I could just get an overlay with the different dice room numbers and what they do (I can only ever remember 1, 5, and 6) and what Pandora's Box pays out with for each floor then I'd be fine.

For the first: http://moddingofisaac.com/mod/155/explanatorydiceroom

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Despite getting two Guppy pieces on floor one, and then never seeing but a single devil room, and then being a righteous IDIOT and taking Monstro's Lung + My Reflection + IPECAC, I somehow managed to win the daily anyways thanks to spiders, succubus, and some orbitals, plus Guppy in Sheol when dead cat got shat out of a box right before Satan.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Double Teratoma in the Dark Room ended my Keeper Epic Fetus/Mom's Knife/Swallowed Penny run. Just couldn't dodge all those spiders in time. :( In hindsight I should've completely neglected Epic Fetus for the room and just let Revenge Fly do its thing while focusing on picking up a coin every time I got hit, trying to do both messed me up. At least I got the Hush and Satan marks; this was the quickest Hush kill I've had for sure.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Finally beat Suicide King by lucking into a Gnawed Leaf in a secret room, followed by Mom's Knife and Cube of Meat. It may be a cheesy win but I'm glad to never have to do that again.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.
Almost every boss item in today's daily was a rotten meat which I couldn't reroll, did this happen to everyone or was this just some odd bug I ran into? Still won, but what was more annoying was getting barely any devil deals to use that hp on.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nope, I got that too. Pretty sure it was intentional, got smart after floor 2 and saved my rolls for other things. I didn't realize they could set custom games like that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Dr. Fetus increase the chances of bomb related items or am I just really lucky?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RatHat posted:

Does Dr. Fetus increase the chances of bomb related items or am I just really lucky?

In the Flash game it did. It rigged the item room pool by adding 6 copies of Mr. Mega and Bobby Bomb so you would be more likely to run into them. I don't think it does that in Afterbirth, so you may have just gotten lucky.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RatHat posted:

It did for 100% sure in the original Isaac, I remember that. Probably does in this one too, so yes.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Black August posted:

Despite getting two Guppy pieces on floor one, and then never seeing but a single devil room, and then being a righteous IDIOT and taking Monstro's Lung + My Reflection + IPECAC, I somehow managed to win the daily anyways thanks to spiders, succubus, and some orbitals, plus Guppy in Sheol when dead cat got shat out of a box right before Satan.

Mostly sounds like my run, but I skipped Reflection and never rerolled anything into Monstro's lung. Did end up with Tiny Planet though. I did however reroll Guppy in Sheol and ended up with D100. No idea all what I had after that, but it sure was pretty.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Faraday Cage posted:

Almost every boss item in today's daily was a rotten meat which I couldn't reroll, did this happen to everyone or was this just some odd bug I ran into? Still won, but what was more annoying was getting barely any devil deals to use that hp on.

Yep, same. Also got some weird trinket duplication effect/bug, many multiplies of a trinket I had were being dropped left and right.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

LibbyM posted:

Donating 879 coins before unlocking the lost isn't going to break the lost starting with holy mantle or anything is it?
I don't have him unlocked because SOMEONE decided to change unlock methods without telling us, and when I hit 879 it told me he has the Mantle.

Basically if something required any kind of forethought on their part, they didn't take care of it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why isn't the Lost Fly called the Fly on the Wall?