Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Only the one core set. I'm probably looking at Poe, Keyan Farlander and Jake Farrel plus a bunch of proxy cards, but I'll play around with some ideas this week.

Thanks all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

thespaceinvader posted:

Only the one core set. I'm probably looking at Poe, Keyan Farlander and Jake Farrel plus a bunch of proxy cards, but I'll play around with some ideas this week.

Thanks all.

Yeah, if you're using proxies the cost goes down tremendously. Don't buy a Starviper just for Autothrusters, you can just print your own.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm told the local group is happy with printout lists from squad builder or whatever, except during tournaments when people will likely be willing to lend stuff they don't need.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

You'll need quite a bit more than just the StarViper if you actually need to own all of the upgrade cards.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah, Paul Heaver's list isn't that cheap to run unless you proxy things unfortunately.

http://randolphw.github.io/han-shopped-first/

In fact Paul Heaver's list was the most expensive to run in the top 8, and Nathan Eide (The runner up) was second most expensive. Aaron Bonar's 3 K-wing build would only cost US$104.70 RRP.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 26, 2015

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

this is neat

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

totally stealing this TailSpin repaint idea

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

imperialparadox posted:

I had a good game last night against a guy running Boba and Guri, which went down to the wire. I was running this list:

Han (46)
Millennium Falcon (1)
Marksmanship (3)
Gunner (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Miranda (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Tactician (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 100

I managed to drop his Boba pretty fast, but it took 10 rounds or so to kill Guri, which had autothrusters and kept evading my turrets. He kept plinking away at Miranda for a damage or two, and I kept using her ability to regen shields to stay in the fight, but eventually Miranda went down and we ended up with his Guri and my Han severely damaged. I managed to win because Han had a better pilot score and was able to finish off Guri without worrying about return fire.

My opponent was pretty good avoiding my arc and disallowing me chances to apply Tactician, but he said that the one round where I did catch him for two stress was what swung the game in my favor. I was wondering if there is anything on this list that I should change - I put engine upgrade on Miranda to improve my chances of putting people into range two with her (for Tactician), and while I didn't actually use it that much, when I did Engine Upgrade seemed useful. Maybe I could swap it for something else, but I think the list might be fine as is.

I'm guessing that this list would be weak to swarms, but everybody seems to play big ships around me anyways.

I've played some Boba/Guri and had a blast while doing it, do you remember how the two were upgraded?

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
My LGS finally got a restock of starvipers so I after months of waiting I finally picked one up. To celebrate I decided to try a fun list.

StarViper: · Prince Xizor (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Fire Control System (2)
Z-95 Headhunter: Binayre Pirate (12)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Feedback Array (2)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)

Total: 99

First match was against Vader, Soontir and Carnor and I was able to give Soontir the initiative. Going into it I thought it was pretty much a foregone conclusion before we even began but it ended up being way closer than I thought. I traded Soontir for a Z-95 through some early bumps but then Vader and Carnor were able to dodge range 1 and whittle the Z-95's down. I had Xizor and a Z on one hull left. Carnor (also on one hull) boosted into range one to finish him off. I managed to predict it and Xizor's manoeuvre put him in range one of Carnor. Vader who was also on one hull bumped the Z.

All I needed was Xizor with 4 dice to kill Carnor then the Z could feedback Vader.

Vader shot first, and got a hit through on Xizor.

Xizor rolled 2 hits and burns his target lock for 4 on Carnor.

Carnor rolls 4 natural evades...

Carnor kills the Z.

A single blank green from Carnor and it would have been game. No matter, still got Xizor right?

Carnor bugs out and Vader k-turns but I predict the k and have changed targets, hard turned and barrel rolled into range one.

I roll 4 blanks.

I had to close my eyes and take some deep breaths.

Game goes on for a bit until I catch Vader hitting a rock and take him down, then it's a pretty simple matter of arc dodging Carnor to win, but it was way closer than I thought it would be. Some bad moves from my opponent gave me the game in the end, it was going to be tough for Xizor to take down a PS 11 Vader by himself, let alone with Carnor supporting him.

Second game was against Scum Boba with two TLTs.

I manage to catch a single TLT at range 3 with 2 Zs and Xizor and it gets burnt down quickly due to good dice on my side. The second Y draws me through asteroids with Boba swinging around behind me. I manage to finish off the second Y and I have only lost a single Z with some more damage spread across Xizor and the other Zs. At this point I have some stressed out Zs (from a critical and tactician) with Boba right on my tail. I go into blocking mode. Xizor gets a couple of good hits in but because so many Zs are range 1 of Boba he gets a lot of rerolls. I use feedback a bit but I'm not sure if it was the right move in retrospect. If I had of kept them alive it would force Boba to waste his shots trying to take them down.

Xizor goes down and it ends up being two stressed Zs chasing Boba across the board. Eventually Boba K turns and a hit gets through ending the game.

Two really fun, close games. Not a super competitive list but it is definitely something I'd run again. I might try Xizor with PTL and Advance sensors, but it might make more sense to run that on Guri.

e: This is probably what I will run next time. More of a focus on directly blocking and movement shenanigans with Guri.

StarViper: · Guri (30)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)

Guri can boost and barrel roll or vice versa before revealing a green to clear the PTL stress, then she gets focus from being in range 1. It makes it incredibly hard to block her and she has a lot of flexibility. Dampners are there because I have one point and an initiative bid seems pretty worthless.

No great answer for high PS aces except for trying to block them at every turn unfortunately.

ee: Or even better, most of my opponents wouldn't mind me trying out cards that have been previewed from the next wave.

StarViper: · Guri (30)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
HWK-290: · Torkil Mux (19)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
· Greedo (1)
· Cloaking Device (2)

Zs block, HWK plays mind games with the decloak and range one unavoidable damage.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Nov 26, 2015

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I think I've come up with a complete and fun-sounding list that doesn't absolutely smash the poo poo out of the bank account, only weighing in at 50 quid and one ship I won't use over what I have already.

Poe Dameron (31)
BB-8 (2)
Weapons Guidance (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Jake Farrell (24)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Wired (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Keyan Farlander (29)
Ion Torpedoes (5)
Kyle Katarn (3)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

How would that play do you think?

I'm also going to look at an imperial aces-based list so picking up PTL somewhere becomes a bit more viable.

I kind of want one of each faction, but at that point life is getting VEEERY expensive.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

zVxTeflon posted:

totally stealing this TailSpin repaint idea

I literally gasped when I saw this. Holy cow.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That middle rear engine bothers me. Why would you have it there if you got a turret up top? It's like the main reason to have a turret to keep poo poo off your rear end. Also lol skis.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

thespaceinvader posted:

I think I've come up with a complete and fun-sounding list that doesn't absolutely smash the poo poo out of the bank account, only weighing in at 50 quid and one ship I won't use over what I have already.

Poe Dameron (31)
BB-8 (2)
Weapons Guidance (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Jake Farrell (24)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Wired (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Keyan Farlander (29)
Ion Torpedoes (5)
Kyle Katarn (3)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

How would that play do you think?

I'm also going to look at an imperial aces-based list so picking up PTL somewhere becomes a bit more viable.

I kind of want one of each faction, but at that point life is getting VEEERY expensive.

Keyan Farlander doesn't want torpedoes, especially expensive ones, he wants big fuckin' guns and ways to inflict stress upon himself because he thrives on it. Getting stressed gets in the way of applying target locks and so making use of that Ion Torpedo as well as his pilot ability is more than likely going to be an exercise in frustration for you. What I would do, since proxies aren't a problem for you so I feel comfortable just throwing upgrade suggestions at you, is ditching everything you have on Keyan at the moment and replacing it with a Heavy Laser Cannon (7 points) and Stay on Target (2 points). Cost comes out the same and you're better able to make use of what makes Keyan great.

A-Wing Test Pilot is a bit pointless on Jake if you aren't giving him a second EPT but, I mean, it's 0 points so okay, just letting you know that he doesn't really need it. That said, if you only have room for a single 1 point EPT on him I'd make it Veteran Instincts. It bumps him up to PS 9 and lets you make better use of his ability to focus + barrel roll/boost for dodging arcs and setting up advantageous positioning.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I really like the Scum ships and want to take part in an upcoming tournament (so no proxies), so I need some help making a decent list. Here's what I have

Core
TFA Core

Rebel Aces
A-Wing
B-Wing
E-Wing
K-Wing
Millennium Falcon
Z-95
X-Wing
Y-Wing

Imperial Aces
Tie Fighter
Tie Advanced
Tie Bomber
Tie Defender
Tie Punisher
Tie Phantom
Tie Interceptor

Most Wanted
HWK-290
M3-A Interceptor
Kihraxz Fighter
Slave 1
Starviper

Any ideas that are pretty beginner friendly? I've been messing with a list of Kath on the Firespray, Talonbane on Kihraxz, and N'Dru on a Z-95. I know IG-2000 is the go to for competitive scum lists so I could pick one up but I don't want to play the 2x IG builds, I prefer 3-4 ship lists.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Herpderp in all my fiddling I took that second EPT off Jake.

I'm trying to build something I can run cheaply and without proxying if possible, but as noted, I'm not averse to proxying upgrades. I really like the sound of Kyle Katarn on the B Wing though, being able to essentially use focus for attack and defence via spending stress to modify attacks and immediately get focus seems strong, though his skill is a little low. Knocking Poe out is painful, but the Red Squad has most of the interesting bits still in place.

I'll figure something out depending on what they have for sale in the FLGS next week.

I do in the long run want to set up for tournaments though, and maybe not in the FLGS which means not proxying. Ebay market, probably.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Bottom Liner posted:

Any ideas that are pretty beginner friendly? I've been messing with a list of Kath on the Firespray, Talonbane on Kihraxz, and N'Dru on a Z-95. I know IG-2000 is the go to for competitive scum lists so I could pick one up but I don't want to play the 2x IG builds, I prefer 3-4 ship lists.

I've had some luck with super Kath and two BTL Y-wings like this:

99 points

Pilots
------

Kath Scarlet (53)
Firespray-31 (38), Veteran Instincts (1), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), K4 Security Droid (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

Syndicate Thug (23) x 2
Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm trying to build something I can run cheaply and without proxying if possible, but as noted, I'm not averse to proxying upgrades. I really like the sound of Kyle Katarn on the B Wing though, being able to essentially use focus for attack and defence via spending stress to modify attacks and immediately get focus seems strong, though his skill is a little low. Knocking Poe out is painful, but the Red Squad has most of the interesting bits still in place.

I'll figure something out depending on what they have for sale in the FLGS next week.

I do in the long run want to set up for tournaments though, and maybe not in the FLGS which means not proxying. Ebay market, probably.

Focus on one defense die isn't going to save you very much damage, especially if he's getting focused on. It's 3 points you could probably use better for something like PTL, which lets you focus (for defense, if you want) or barrel roll, and then target lock for your torpedo and pick up a stress at the same time.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bottom Liner posted:

I really like the Scum ships and want to take part in an upcoming tournament (so no proxies), so I need some help making a decent list. Here's what I have

Kath/PTL/EU/K4 Security Droid with either 4 Binayre Pirates (will need another Most Wanted unfortunately, but it's filled with good stuff) and 4 more points spent on goodies for Kath is my go-to; I plan on giving the Binayre Pilots XX-23 S-Thread Tracers when that's out.

The same Kath plus two Ys (Syndicate Thug or Hired Gun) with Ion Cannon Turret, Unhinged Astromech, and BTL-A4 are good as well. Add Bomb Loadout and Seismic Charges if you go with Thugs.

I'm a bad player but I've had success with both of those lists so I assume they're newbie friendly.

Alternatively, get another Most Wanted, another Y-wing, and find another Ion Cannon Turret (another HWK or another Y-wing) and run 4 Syndicate Thugs with Ion/Unhinged/BTL-A4 and put Bomb Loadout/Sesimic Charges on two of them.

Panzeh posted:

I've had some luck with super Kath and two BTL Y-wings like this:

99 points

Pilots
------

Kath Scarlet (53)
Firespray-31 (38), Veteran Instincts (1), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), K4 Security Droid (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

Syndicate Thug (23) x 2
Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

After what I've seen and done I'd never not run Push the Limit on Kath, and I'd question the utility of HLC on her for the points it would cost.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BattleMaster posted:

Kath/PTL/EU/K4 Security Droid with either 4 Binayre Pirates (will need another Most Wanted unfortunately, but it's filled with good stuff) and 4 more points spent on goodies for Kath is my go-to; I plan on giving the Binayre Pilots XX-23 S-Thread Tracers when that's out.

The same Kath plus two Ys (Syndicate Thug or Hired Gun) with Ion Cannon Turret, Unhinged Astromech, and BTL-A4 are good as well. Add Bomb Loadout and Seismic Charges if you go with Thugs.

I'm a bad player but I've had success with both of those lists so I assume they're newbie friendly.

Alternatively, get another Most Wanted, another Y-wing, and find another Ion Cannon Turret (another HWK or another Y-wing) and run 4 Syndicate Thugs with Ion/Unhinged/BTL-A4 and put Bomb Loadout/Sesimic Charges on two of them.

After what I've seen and done I'd never not run Push the Limit on Kath, and I'd question the utility of HLC on her for the points it would cost.

These sound like some fun ideas, thanks!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

BattleMaster posted:

See, I think the higher PS does way more for you than another action because the firespray will not survive a lot of fire. Also, HLC gives her a more effective R3 game and powerful offense every time given the ability to easily have TL/Focus.

Without it you get more reliant on the buttcannon which is a somewhat limited thing.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bottom Liner posted:

These sound like some fun ideas, thanks!

Let us know how it works out :3:

If you go with that Kath setup, you usually want to do a green maneuver plus two of Boost, Focus, and Evade once you're in combat range. The large ships move a lot farther than small ships do at the same speeds so the green plus Boost is pretty substantial, especially since you'll get a free Target Lock out of it. Kath gets +1 attack die in her rear arc for a total of 5 at range 1, which will do some damage with a Focus and Target Lock so that's what you should try to pull off whenever possible.

Panzeh posted:

See, I think the higher PS does way more for you than another action because the firespray will not survive a lot of fire. Also, HLC gives her a more effective R3 game and powerful offense every time given the ability to easily have TL/Focus.

Without it you get more reliant on the buttcannon which is a somewhat limited thing.

It's not that hard to get in some good shots with the tailgun especially if you can Focus and Boost at the same time.

It's true that the Firespray won't hold up to sustained fire, which is why I think I've had better success with the 4 Binayre Pirate screen. Also being able to Boost and Evade at the same time helps that a bit.

It's up to you as to what you feel good about running but I've never felt like +2 skill would have helped me with Kath while being able to perform gobs of actions every turn is something I'd miss.

Also, I don't like to fly Kath straight toward something so I wouldn't get much value out of the HLC. She doesn't really begin shooting until it turns into a knife fight when I play her.

Edit: In a lot of the games I've won Kath survived; her minions generally weren't so lucky

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 26, 2015

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

thespaceinvader posted:

If you want defense on Keyan, C-3PO is a lot better than Katarn.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Strobe posted:

Focus on one defense die isn't going to save you very much damage, especially if he's getting focused on. It's 3 points you could probably use better for something like PTL, which lets you focus (for defense, if you want) or barrel roll, and then target lock for your torpedo and pick up a stress at the same time.

Yeah, true.

The more I fiddle with this, the more I wonder whether a B Wing is what I want to be flying at all, the only reason I'm really looking at it is because one comes in Rebel Aces, and I think I want to pick that up. I wonder if I might be better off with Poe and two or three A wings. E: though A wings do only get 2 attack. I dunno, maybe I need to play a bit more and figure out a bit more where my style lies.

I'm currently thinking Poe/BB8/Autothrusters, Jake/PTL/Wired/Autothrusters/Chardaan, Keyan/Daredevil/Engine Upgrade but Keyan just feels a bit meh and like he'll take a bunch of damage and die for a lot of cost relative to his effect.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

B-Wings are great but they are tank-and-spank ships. They justify their cost by keeping enemies in their fire arcs with their tight turns and barrel roll while using 8HP (5 shields!) to stay alive.

If you want to try Poe + two A-Wings look into Proton Rockets.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Be a (literal) Rebel: Join the XXX mafia.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

admanb posted:

B-Wings are great but they are tank-and-spank ships. They justify their cost by keeping enemies in their fire arcs with their tight turns and barrel roll while using 8HP (5 shields!) to stay alive.

Yeah proton rockets do seem like they should be super-fun. I kind of want to have a punt with Arvel, Proton Rockets, Intimidation, and... something. Run up, smack into someone, unload explosive onto face, die, just as Arvel should.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah proton rockets do seem like they should be super-fun. I kind of want to have a punt with Arvel, Proton Rockets, Intimidation, and... something. Run up, smack into someone, unload explosive onto face, die, just as Arvel should.

Daredevil and EI, so you can perform your maneuver, focus, and use EI to Daredevil into an enemy ship and base contact.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Ooh, I was wondering about that, because I know boost can't get you into base contact. Didn't know daredevil could.

Yeah, that seems better.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Yep. Your use your action to execute a white 1-hard maneuver, then receive a stress.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

admanb posted:

Keyan in particular is good because his ability allows him to shed the stress he incurs from pulling things like K-turns and hard-1's and boost his damage output at the same time. Slapping a HLC on him means you can throw 4 red dice at every range with the equivalent of an offensive focus pretty much every turn, and his ability to successively take red maneuvers turn after turn makes him very hard for opponents to shake.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Do you run him with anything other than the HLC?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

Do you run him with anything other than the HLC?

Something like Stay on Target can be useful as it can allow you to change your maneuver in exchange for a stress, although I can't remember which expansion it comes in... A-Wing, maybe? (EDIT: Nope! YT-2400 apparently)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Poe/BB8/Autothrusters, Jake/PTL, Keyan/HLC/Stay On Target.

Might be the list then.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Advanced Sensors is also a good upgrade for Keyan since it lets you take an action prior to pulling a red maneuver, so you can barrel roll, K-turn, get stressed, shed the stress on attack, and do it all over again.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Kai Tave posted:

Advanced Sensors is also a good upgrade for Keyan since it lets you take an action prior to pulling a red maneuver, so you can barrel roll, K-turn, get stressed, shed the stress on attack, and do it all over again.

Advanced Sensors + VI is my baseline build for "you aren't getting away" Keyan.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Hmmm I watched some videos recently and I'm thinking just putting an experimental interface on him would be enough imo.

Edit: Real talk, I tried wedge out with a BB-8 and it was goddamn fantastic.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,-1,148:-1:-1:;175:27,-1,2,147:-1:15:;4:-1,3:-1:-1:

How would I improve this list. Doing the old x-wing list but subbing Poe in.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 27, 2015

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

admanb posted:

Advanced Sensors + VI is my baseline build for "you aren't getting away" Keyan.

Yeah, you don't even really need the Heavy Laser Cannon on him for him to be an effective damage dealer, I just figure if you're running a big heavy hitter you might as well hit as hard as you can.

kingcom posted:

Hmmm I watched some videos recently and I'm thinking just putting an experimental interface on him would be enough imo.

It took me a minute to get the joke, I'm blaming my turkey hangover.

quote:

Edit: Real talk, I tried wedge out with a BB-8 and it was goddamn fantastic.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,-1,148:-1:-1:;175:27,-1,2,147:-1:15:;4:-1,3:-1:-1:

How would I improve this list. Doing the old x-wing list but subbing Poe in.

Weapons Guidance on Poe is kind of a trap option imo, you don't want to spend his focus if you can avoid it, you want to keep it so it provides you with extra defensive boosts and the temptation to spend it on Weapons Guidance is one that should be avoided. I'd ditch that and the R2 Astromech for R5-P9 which rewards you for hanging onto that focus.

Biggs + R2-D2 is a classic combo, but if it were me I'd be unable to resist the temptation to drop Biggs altogether, drop VI from Poe, and sub in Wes Janson + VI. Even if you aren't setting up for Opportunist having Wes go first and knocking tokens off other ships is super loving useful. From there I'd just remember to slap Integrated Astromech on Wedge since hey, 0 points.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, you don't even really need the Heavy Laser Cannon on him for him to be an effective damage dealer, I just figure if you're running a big heavy hitter you might as well hit as hard as you can.

It took me a minute to get the joke, I'm blaming my turkey hangover.

Weapons Guidance on Poe is kind of a trap option imo, you don't want to spend his focus if you can avoid it, you want to keep it so it provides you with extra defensive boosts and the temptation to spend it on Weapons Guidance is one that should be avoided. I'd ditch that and the R2 Astromech for R5-P9 which rewards you for hanging onto that focus.

Biggs + R2-D2 is a classic combo, but if it were me I'd be unable to resist the temptation to drop Biggs altogether, drop VI from Poe, and sub in Wes Janson + VI. Even if you aren't setting up for Opportunist having Wes go first and knocking tokens off other ships is super loving useful. From there I'd just remember to slap Integrated Astromech on Wedge since hey, 0 points.

I guess i've just been using biggs enough to default to him but gently caress it, lets go all in aggressive:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,-1,148:-1:20:;175:-1,-1,78,-1:-1:15:;82:27,-1,-1:-1:-1:

kingcom fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 27, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
gently caress yeah X-wings. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

kingcom posted:

I guess i've just been using biggs enough to default to him but gently caress it, lets go all in aggressive:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,-1,148:-1:20:;175:-1,-1,78,-1:-1:15:;82:27,-1,-1:-1:-1:

Strobe's first XXX list used Luke + R2-D2 as his third alongside Wedge and Wes, and what I found is that while Luke could certainly outlast the other two, he didn't carry enough offensive threat to seal the deal even after Wedge and Wes tore poo poo up. They would die early and Luke would often be hard pressed even with his defensive capabilities to handle things on his own. I have a feeling it might be the same with Biggs in his shoes except even worse because once Biggs is on his own he's really no more special than a Rookie Pilot while Luke at least has an ability he can lean on even if he's not taking green maneuvers.

• Locked thread