Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Charlie's creepy uncle is my favorite recurring side character. My favorite one-off is probably the insane jockey from The Gang Gets Whacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I forgot about ol' Buster, that son of a gun.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Charlie's creepy uncle is my favorite recurring side character. My favorite one-off is probably the insane jockey from The Gang Gets Whacked.

Charlie's uncle is the only thing in the entire show that, while still hilarious, actually makes me a tiny bit uncomfortable.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

What's everyones favorite one-off character? Off the top of my head I vote for P. Diddy in Charlies Mom Has Cancer

We got the funk, Dr Jinx got that funk

Oh you want feelings? Well I have something for that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QQaX9CJ2Pk

This is my vote for best one off character, but this episode is also an excellent depiction of the Philadelphia/Beemore club scene (trashy suburban bloggers rolling face and forgetting how foolish they acted, thereby necessitating a repeat every night) and I just think Diaper time is supes funny.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Pharmaskittle posted:

Charlie's uncle is the only thing in the entire show that, while still hilarious, actually makes me a tiny bit uncomfortable.

Put your hands on top of mine

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

Put your hands on top of mine

We're lawyers! :haw:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Once I put his uncle and nightman together i realized that show really wasn't afraid of doing anything for a laugh, no matter how shallow, broken and quiet that laugh might be.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"That's what indy would do!" and Charlie's diversion are also brilliant moments. Oh and the Arizona leather shop.

It's a brilliant episode, I don't know if it's the best or not, but it's amazing.

drat, I forgot about these. Yep, it's time for a rewatch...

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

"Dee, you gangly, uncoordinated bitch! I am not getting hogtied over your lack of grace. :argh: "

IM A SVEEDISH PLAMMER IM HEER TO FEEX YOUR PIAPES

That's a good accent :)

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

potee posted:

IM A SVEEDISH PLAMMER IM HEER TO FEEX YOUR PIAPES

That's a good accent :)

I also love that they describe denisses speech about his wonderful grace, but you never hear it, but you can totally picture it

"Dear God your breath is hideous Dee"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I'm gonna whip this little bitch in the face if she makes a peep!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
You said you be in and out like a demon's whisper! :mad:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh you want feelings? Well I have something for that.

this scene always bothered me. can p diddy really not play bass? dude has been recording studio albums for almost 20 years

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He's not a bass player? It sounds like it's really him playing during the beef and beer scene... What bothers you about it?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He's not a bass player? It sounds like it's really him playing during the beef and beer scene... What bothers you about it?

I haven't seen that episode in a little while, but I remember being really disappointed with his fake bass playing as well.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have no idea what he is doing "wrong" about it but it's a really simple doo-doo-do-do-dooo that anyone could do in 5 minutes even if they've never picked up a guitar in their life so I assume it has everything to do with sound recording stuff

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well, hes playing the bassline to the song thats playing in the background. Its not just a random "p diddy shows off" opportunity.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Are we absolutely positive there's not a joke involved, somehow?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Brawnfire posted:

Are we absolutely positive there's not a joke involved, somehow?

upon review, its definitely done tongue in cheek, he's hamfisting the strings like a muppet

sorry everyone please resume quoting the gang gets trapped

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
"For what reason would you have been dragged?"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Okay so yeah, sperg time: I rewatched P Diddy's scenes and yeah his fake bass playing is really bad, if I had to make excuses for him I'd point out that when you record scenes with background music it's obviously all synced up in post and there's no music being played in the scenes cause that would render the audio recordings useless. And yet he doesn't even move he's fingers the way anyone who's ever played a fretted instrument would, he's just fluffing them about. So yeah it's bad.

On the other hand, until you peeps pointed it out I've never noticed it and I watch this show like a crack addict so they probably invested the correct amount of effort into the whole thing. All in all it's a great guest star character

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The bass playing being bad makes the joke funnier. :colbert:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I love "The Gang Gets Trapped" enormously, but I prefer "The Gang Gets Analyzed".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The better the setup is for producing arguments, the more I like the episode.

I could just listen to them talk over each other all day. I especially love rewatching it and hearing a line cut through the jumble I'd never heard before.

Every line is funny. Especially the ones you never hear.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Any episode that takes place entirely in a single location are great

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

I loving love Charlie Work so much

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As in... the episode, or hanging out in sewers while naked? It's all good either way.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What, no one loved the "single take" Charlie episode? It wasn't the best of the series but it was impressive as hell.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

that was Charlie Work

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

pentyne posted:

What, no one loved the "single take" Charlie episode? It wasn't the best of the series but it was impressive as hell.

I loved it. I wish it was on Netflix right now so I could rewatch it :smith:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

It's so great that Charlie is able to nail every detail of their absurd chicken and air miles scheme without knowing a single previous thing about it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

It's really good. Especially the bit with Frank in the basement. I feel like Frank has been more unhinged than usual this last season, which is a trend I enjoy. And that's probably why I'd actual pick Frank Retires over Charlie Work for favorite episode.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Mac and Dennis: Manhunters will always be my favorite. Dee and Charlie showing up at the morgue with a hotplate and a six pack will never not crack me up.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

FetusSlapper posted:

Mac and Dennis: Manhunters will always be my favorite. Dee and Charlie showing up at the morgue with a hotplate and a six pack will never not crack me up.

Feel my nips, bro. They're rock hard.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

That episode is really great. Dee eating the cheesesteak like a bird, "ohh Charlie, I wanted to eat that lady so bad!" and of course Charlie's reaction to Frank's revelation..... "RACOON MEAT.......BULLSHIT!"

e: "This is not the first time you've described your life in the way of John Rambo's life."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

poo poo dude, that's from Fear!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brawnfire posted:

I think it's the best one because it's almost purely arguing.

Also, whispered arguments are loving hilarious.

I think this is it -- they want to scream at each other so bad, but they can't, and it's like trapped steam.

Also, "hamburger store" always makes me laugh for no clear reason. :allears:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Speaking of Charlie episodes, "Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats" is the best episode for me. Between the rat stick, spaghetti policy and Charlie's dream book, it has every thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Havoc904 posted:

Speaking of Charlie episodes, "Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats" is the best episode for me. Between the rat stick, spaghetti policy and Charlie's dream book, it has every thing.

"What is this word spa? I feel like you're starting to say a word and you're not finishing it. Are you trying to say spaghetti? Are you taking me for a spaghetti day" is one of my favorite Charlie moments.