Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Bryan's best written freakout is this:

I thought Vinny wrote the write-ups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

He does now, but that was Bryan (from 2011).

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

There is a great one from really early on where he's about to do CMLL or AAA or something and all he writes is "BECAUSE I WAS DOING ____ I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO WATCH THIS loving lovely SHOW!!! SO NO REVIEW!!! BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
http://www.amazon.ca/Statements-Meltzer-Almost-Killed-Hamster/dp/B00D4I3WBO

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Where is the buy button?!?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

In my butt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oct 5, '98 Observer posted:

when a guy starts getting hot in WWF, they keep pushing him until he starts cooling off and if it means upsetting an established star, so be it. In WCW, when a guy starts getting hot, they immediately have an established star squash him, unless the company got the guy hot as opposed to one of those guys who just catches on for no apparent reason.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

You want Sheamus

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Great White Hope posted:

Any time Dave effectively treats Bryan like how Bryan treats Vinny is wonderful times.

Dave putting Bryan in his place might be the only thing that keeps the shows tolerable. God only knows what would happen if he didn't.

triplexpac posted:

Do they still have the Adrenaline Flush compilations? I should go back and listen to some of those.

FYI, some of them are missing from the board though a lot of them are still there. I'm missing volume 43 but I have the rest.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 27, 2015

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Did the Black Friday sale and it's worth it.

My have the times changed

10/12/1998 Observer posted:

The Hollywood Reporter got more specific with the same story, noting that on 9/28, there were 966,000 boys 12-17 watching Raw, 683,000 watching the NFL, 503,000 watching Nitro (that's over the three hours as opposed to head-to-head two) and just 196,000 watching the Giants-Cubs game. The most watched network non-sports show among teenage boys during that time frame was "Everybody Loves Raymond" with 363,000 viewers.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

RaceyBucket posted:

Where is the buy button?!?

its sold out sorry

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Did the Black Friday sale and it's worth it.

My have the times changed

I was one of the 503,000 who had good taste.

Wonder what Raw draws in tnat demo today?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzSGZAzopH0

This is pretty memorable. Apparently this is for the December 25th, 2007.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6g5OdO8vVU

This isn't wrestle related but this is one of my favorite segments with Bryan. Unfortunately, it has Todd.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just signed up for F4W thanks to the black friday deal. How do I get the podcasts on my phone?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

There's an RSS feed you can get from the bottom of the front page I think. Everyone recommends Downcast if you've got an iPhone.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

AlmightyPants posted:

I just signed up for F4W thanks to the black friday deal. How do I get the podcasts on my phone?

I use iCatcher (on iOS as you probably surmised) and it works great with password protected podcasts. If you have an Android phone I'm sure someone can recommend something that works equally well.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

AlmightyPants posted:

I've got beyondpod on my android device and Downcast on my iPad.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thauros posted:

but there were only 363000 watching Raymond

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Most of my friends and I were 11 and I know personally that I learned what the last channel button was to switch to Nitro whenever Disco Inferno, DDP, Sting, or a Cruiserweight match was on.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Most of my friends and I were 11 and I know personally that I learned what the last channel button was to switch to Nitro whenever Disco Inferno, DDP, Sting, or a Cruiserweight match was on.

...Disco Inferno made the shortlist for you?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

but there were only 363000 watching Raymond

No, he said he had GOOD taste.

Like, literally, I had surgery once, and I knew I was buzzed from the morphine when I came to because I actually laughed at Ray Romano.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

...Disco Inferno made the shortlist for you?

Disco was a perfectly fine wrestler who does a very good job as a comedy midcarder. Just keep him away from the book and for the love of god don't push him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

Disco was a perfectly fine wrestler who does a very good job as a comedy midcarder. Just keep him away from the book and for the love of god don't push him.

Yeah, for an 11 year old, the Disqo Duck was pretty funny.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Thauros posted:

I use iCatcher (on iOS as you probably surmised) and it works great with password protected podcasts. If you have an Android phone I'm sure someone can recommend something that works equally well.

Anything free for iOS? (I'm a cheap bastard)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

No, he said he had GOOD taste.

Like, literally, I had surgery once, and I knew I was buzzed from the morphine when I came to because I actually laughed at Ray Romano.

Well, I can see a bunch of people laughing at late-1998 Nitro every tuesday or whenever, and at least Ray Romano was trying to be funny.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

Wonder what Raw draws in tnat demo today?

Most kids who are wrestling fans now are probably into it because their parents got them into it

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

Most kids who are wrestling fans now are probably into it because their parents got them into it

Poor kids.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Raymond more than Seinfeld if we're being perfectly honest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The stupid opinion thread is thataway, buddy

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I like Raymond more than Seinfeld if we're being perfectly honest

This is really hurtful to me that you would say this.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Romano is a much better dramatic actor than he was comic.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Swagger Dagger posted:

TIL if Dave eats 1 slice of pizza he will end up eating 15.

The Dave eats Pizza talk better make the top 50 list.

Unrelated, but is it known how many subscribers Dave & Bryan have?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Is there, like, any indication of when granny is off? Because I would be okay with never hearing her.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Teddybear posted:

Is there, like, any indication of when granny is off? Because I would be okay with never hearing her.

She's on the show once a week, same day each week.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

dsriggs posted:

She's on the show once a week, same day each week.

I mean within the podcast. It'd be nice to see like "hey, skip to XX:XX to avoid the worst part of this show!"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Teddybear posted:

I mean within the podcast. It'd be nice to see like "hey, skip to XX:XX to avoid the worst part of this show!"

I haven't checked in a while, but the board used to be really good about posting granny time stamps

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
They usually are still.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Konnan tells an amazing story about how he got into wrestling on Jericho's podcast. I don't know if it's a well-known story or not but it is the first time I've heard it and it was hilarious.

The Champion of the local promotion meets him in the stands during a show (his leg was broken so he was just watching the show) and is impressed by his size, so he takes him backstage and out of nowhere starts telling the booker that Konnan is a worker. Konnan is so scared that he just bullshits that he's worked in Florida against Eddie Graham and he gets booked. The Champ then assures him that he doesn't need to know how to work because he can just knock the other wrestler out, since nobody has ever thought to do that before. Konnan is terrified he's going to fall through the ropes because he doesn't know how to run them, the Champ keeps telling him not to worry about. Finally Konnan meets Ray Mysterious Senior who immediately figures out that Konnan doesn't know what the gently caress he is doing and demands to know what is going on, Konnan explains that his "manager" got him into the mess and points him out, and Mysterio replies,"That guy? That guy's just some fan!!" :xd:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Teddybear posted:

If your app has a 30s forward skip button that's great. As soon as you hear music after she's on you're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Her segment is normally 25 to 30 minutes long if you want to just try skipping ahead.

• Locked thread