Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

As a non-egg eater this conversation is bizarre yet interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont have a bottle opener on hand? Try this handy trick to ruin your curlers.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SynthOrange posted:

You can get bottle caps off with your teeth, it just takes practice.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

In what strange circumstances would you have nothing to open a bottle with but a pair of eyelash curlers :psyduck:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Jayme posted:

In what strange circumstances would you have nothing to open a bottle with but a pair of eyelash curlers :psyduck:

You're a salon worker on break!

Edit: Zombie apocalypse and you're trapped in a Shoppers Drug Mart!

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Nov 27, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tiberius Thyben posted:

And you take eyelash curlers instead of, say, nail file.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

kalstrams posted:

And you take eyelash curlers instead of, say, nail file.

The nail files are all those cardboard ones.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The nail files are all those cardboard ones.
Last nail file I had was stainless steel.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jayme posted:

Cause they're always on hand? Cause you're a fancy bitch? Cause your rear end is in retail, and the only gap in the panopticon that is your workplace where a gal can have a moment in peace is behind that one shelf in beauty? See? Not that weird? Do I have to hack everything together for you?

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Legit it's pretty easy to open a non-twist bottlecap by folding a piece of paper a whole bunch and just using it as a lever. Good way to get a fiver off of folks too; "I bet I can open this bottle with a sheet of paper," etc.

I think that still fits in the thread as a stupid hack because it makes you look like a smug bastard, so

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

You can do that with a loving lighter.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Karate Bastard posted:

Cause they're always on hand? Cause you're a fancy bitch? Cause your rear end is in retail, and the only gap in the panopticon that is your workplace where a gal can have a moment in peace is behind that one shelf in beauty? See? Not that weird? Do I have to hack everything together for you?

As a fancy bitch, I

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

CapitanGarlic posted:

Legit it's pretty easy to open a non-twist bottlecap by folding a piece of paper a whole bunch and just using it as a lever. Good way to get a fiver off of folks too; "I bet I can open this bottle with a sheet of paper," etc.

I think that still fits in the thread as a stupid hack because it makes you look like a smug bastard, so

I bet I can do it with a banana. Here, lemme try it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

e for deleted image: This was a single-slice pizza holder, consisting of a triangular plastic pouch you hang from your neck.

Dareon has a new favorite as of 07:20 on Jan 3, 2016

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Reminds me of this quality invention. Who doesn't love to stand awkwardly at parties with nothing to do with your hands?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
There's no way I can picture that being used without the end result being a bunch of wine on your clothes.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The only person who would actually use that product is bound to be such a massive drunk that they can't hold on to a glass of wine, so there's probably already wine on their clothes.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Use the metal part of your seat belt to open beers while driving!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Is this related to Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes? I just need to know because I hate owning incomplete sets.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Mr Confetti posted:

You can do that with a loving lighter.

What if you don't have an eyelash curler or a lighter? The beer is trapped forever!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Glad to see an accurate body type modelling the item.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

netally posted:

Reminds me of this quality invention. Who doesn't love to stand awkwardly at parties with nothing to do with your hands?

I don't know about the intent of this specific model. But they give out similar things at wine festivals so you don't lose your glass.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

SynthOrange posted:

Just sabrage it with a spoon like a normal person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fojENKRv8Aw

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Why does every instructional video on youtube always have a seemingly mandatory solid minute+ of fluff before they actually get to the instructions?

Also lifehack: just buy exclusively twist top beers if you don't want to have to worry about not being able to open your beer.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Real protip: Stick to hard liquor instead.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Why does every instructional video on youtube always have a seemingly mandatory solid minute+ of fluff before they actually get to the instructions?

Also lifehack: just buy exclusively twist top beers if you don't want to have to worry about not being able to open your beer.

Same reason that infomercials have a few seconds of black-and-white clips of people doing stupid poo poo. They need to let you know what dumb problem they're trying to solve, because it's very rarely a problem that needs any further solving.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Real protip: Stick to hard liquor instead.

This is the thread for Life Hacks, not protips.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Still easier to open a beer with a quarter (:patriot:) or a loonie (:canada:).

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

cheerfullydrab posted:

You can get bottle caps off with your teeth, it just takes practice.

Which can cause micro fractures in your teeth, weakening them to the point of them cracking and breaking. Chewing ice or other hard objects can also hurt your teeth this way. Then you have to pay to get them fixed!

Be good to your mouf yo.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wedemeyer posted:

Which can cause micro fractures in your teeth, weakening them to the point of them cracking and breaking. Chewing ice or other hard objects can also hurt your teeth this way. Then you have to pay to get them fixed!

Be good to your mouf yo.

Not to mention bruxism (especially while sleeping) :rolleyes:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Murphy Brownback posted:

I miss the days where you could find a recipe online that didn't have 5 pages of family anecdotes and pictures before the actual recipe.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SpacePig posted:

This is the thread for Life Hacks, not protips.

Life hack: Talk to everyone!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Wedemeyer posted:

Be good to your mouf yo.

Or if you want a more drastic potential problem, I was at a party and a guy with self-admittedly poor dental hygiene did the mouth trick he'd done loads of times before and ripped out a tooth.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yup. Older eggs are much better for hardboiled eggs because the membrane holding the shell to the white has degraded and as such much easier to peel.

flosofl posted:

I'll make it clear. If you buy eggs to boil, let them sit in your fridge for about week before you boil. Otherwise you will be cursing life as you try to peel them.

Peel eggs with a glass of water instead (let them chill in cold water a couple minutes first)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWISKfgqZ0

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Borden posted:

What if you don't have an eyelash curler or a lighter? The beer is trapped forever!!

Well there has to be a counter to somewhere. Or at least a good big rock with a lip on it. Even cavemen have rocks.

Unwashed eggs last even longer than the washed ones you get at the grocery store. Wallah. #egghacked

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lifejack: get a nest for your dog and you'll have unlimited unwashed eggs.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Stoatbringer posted:

Just sabrage it with a spoon like a normal person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fojENKRv8Aw

Drinking champagne from an ordinary white wine glass, shameful

Murphy Brownback posted:

Surely the part where she says "Joo wanona how do that?" adds something to the experience

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Same reason it's a video in the first place when written instructions with photos or illustrations would almost always be more useful: Because the person who made it wants attention more than they want to be helpful.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Couple of good lifehacks from the front page of imgur today

http://imgur.com/gallery/kwhTm

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

willus posted:

Or if you want a more drastic potential problem, I was at a party and a guy with self-admittedly poor dental hygiene did the mouth trick he'd done loads of times before and ripped out a tooth.

What a strange trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Borden posted:

Get a german. Theres usually one around (check behind the fridge or under the bed) and they willingly demonstrate their ability to open a beer with anything down to a loving wet noodle.