Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
My Star Wars ally code is 412-312-146. I added all the codes I saw in the thread, but some of them didn't work, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Galaxy Trucker and Door Kickers are on sale for $3 and $2 respectively.

Worth it. I know some of you here bought it and didn't like it, but I have a feeling that you wouldn't have liked the original board game, either (I could be wrong on this, though, feel free to let me know). Most fans of the board game end up loving this version. Extremely well-done.

I'd comment on Door Kickers, because I want it and holy poo poo what a good price, but my Nexus 4 isn't compatible.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd comment on Door Kickers, because I want it and holy poo poo what a good price, but my Nexus 4 isn't compatible.

The devs made it for tablets and large screen phones (5 inches plus I think) only unfortunately, though its understandable since its a little fiddly on a smaller screen. Its really great if you have a compatible device though; I've mentioned previously that the quick play sessions make it an ideal game if you have a few minutes to spare.

More sales: Prune is 50% off to $2, and Blood Bowl and Kingdom Rush Origins are 99 cents.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 27, 2015

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Mabinogi Duel really is incredible. If anyone has been holding back, just give it a try. The production values are crazy to me, even if the boob jiggle is a little dumb. Each individual card has a little bit of explainer text telling what it's useful for, which I don't think I've ever seen in a TCG.

I do have to say the the scenario mode is mostly a drag, though. It's fine, but they give you specific cards to work with each time and each mission is almost like a little puzzle. I prefer just the main open deck play.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm surprised more people aren't playing Seven Knights. For a freeium game they give the currency out for everything, and lots of people are playing and competing as free to play.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Is there a way to see what cards have been played in Mabinogi? I keep getting loving destroyed by spells that do like 20+ damage to only my board and I can't even see what the triggers are because the card is only on the screen for maybe one second. I have the battle speed set to fast to speed up animations otherwise, but not being able to actually read opponents' spells may make that mode useless.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Mabinogi Duel really is incredible. If anyone has been holding back, just give it a try. The production values are crazy to me, even if the boob jiggle is a little dumb. Each individual card has a little bit of explainer text telling what it's useful for, which I don't think I've ever seen in a TCG.

I do have to say the the scenario mode is mostly a drag, though. It's fine, but they give you specific cards to work with each time and each mission is almost like a little puzzle. I prefer just the main open deck play.

Yeah, I've been playing the hell out of this for a week now, seems like there's a decent game under the ridiculous anime boob jiggle. They're fairly generous with the free gems/boosters, to the point where I feel I have *most* of the G1 cards that I'd actually want to play already. I've mostly played the draft formats, which are an interesting take on the idea with the 3x4 grid and hold buttons. It's a bit open to abuse though, since you can back out and start again at no cost, or buy more rerolls for a trivial amount. Still, it's a good way to learn which cards are worth playing. Managed to get platinum in a couple of draft arenas, although to be honest that took a fairly huge time commitment.

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Is there a way to see what cards have been played in Mabinogi? I keep getting loving destroyed by spells that do like 20+ damage to only my board and I can't even see what the triggers are because the card is only on the screen for maybe one second. I have the battle speed set to fast to speed up animations otherwise, but not being able to actually read opponents' spells may make that mode useless.

If you swipe down from the top it brings up a combat log. You'll still have to look the card up though (swipe from the right for the menu to access Card Gallery. I think it only shows cards you've seen, not sure how it works exactly.) I haven't found a way to highlight played spells from within the game.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Len posted:

Digfender eats my battery like crazy. Goddamn.

Is it from the digging or the defending?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Not being able to use the cards I have in a registered Arena deck in any other way until the Arena is over is mad retarded. Especially because it locks you out of playing Arena at all after 10 plays, so I can choose to let them (hopefully) idly gain gold over the next 12 hours or I can give up the whole reason for entering Arena in the first place just to get my cards back. What the hell kind of setup is this? :psyduck:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Zotix posted:

I'm surprised more people aren't playing Seven Knights. For a freeium game they give the currency out for everything, and lots of people are playing and competing as free to play.

I played a little bit of it, seems more interesting than most. Gearing looks like it might have some actual options in it? Not entirely clear on if you can Star up heroes or whatever. Is getting your main guys to 6* a goal like Summoners War or do you replace them more like Pocket Knights? Not crazy about the faux real time thing but it's not a huge deal either.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'll have to check out Mabinogi Duel then. I've been playing the Star Wars Heroes game and it seem super grindy and stingy. Each character has to be leveled up in 3 different ways; by level, gear level and star level. Star levels can only be upgraded with character shards which only drop one at a time from hard mode levels. Oh and you can only play each hard mode level 3 times a day. So the best heroes take 80 shards and you're left grinding a single level over 80 times, probably much more than that given the low droprate.
PvP is also limited to only 5 matches a day but at least it gives decent rewards, at least compared to everything else. Premium gatcha pulls cost 350 gems where completing levels and daily quests give like, 1-5 gems. It takes forever to get enough after the initial bonuses you get for linking Facebook, rating the game etc. To make things worse, premium pulls aren't even guaranteed to give you a hero. A lot of the time you get the aforementioned shards which is maybe going to be half or 3/4 of a hero so the rest you need to grind out or pay $4 to pull again!
I'm used to Terra Battle where you can get a gatcha pull per week or even a little more if you do PvP and stuff. It's really disappointing considering all the Star Wars-y stuff is good.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Zotix posted:

I didn't see a goon guild yet, is that within your means? I already like this better than the last game recommended in here where your 1-6 star heros were in lanes. I formatted and refilled that several times and couldn't make any progress.
Name is: Sagoon
User code: C250B7B211DB46A58DA6292001320EE6

Waiting on Mabinogi duel stamina to recharge, plus I am out of gold after beating scenario and beating my daily for the first time...

I would say random draft is best, but I got lucky in rookie arena and got platinum once. Just save a bunch of gold and reroll with a bunch of gold and cross your fingers with random draft to supplement your other means of getting cards.

Also if you have the stamina just redo the daily from the start, 4 gems to try again seems like a waste, although it you don't have an ok deck and luck you'd still fail.

Only trade with the cat merchant if it's overwhelmingly better, and 999 gold cards may not be as worth it as random draft reroll once you get a feel for the game.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I tried 7knights around its english release, kinda got burned on it when the grind for rank up materials felt like this massive crawl and my guys were hitting bumps trying to progress in storymode.

Kinda made me want to play more crusader quest if anything.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Star Wars players: Above my "Characters" button, I've got a red dot with "3+" that would normally indicate that I can do something on that tab, like level someone up or equip some gear. I currently have no training items, and everyone is fully equipped. What the gently caress is it trying to tell me?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Man, I forgot how much of a goddamn grind Korean games are. Mabinogi only lets me purchase a single common at a time for 999 gold, and I finally spent some of the starting gems on a pack and got four commons and a lovely one star. I literally don't have enough cards to make a deck that doesn't suck rear end because I traded what turned out to be a couple important cards to the cat merchant while I was only half paying attention. Only having like 30 cards spread over five factions makes it difficult to actually do anything outside of the random draft or scenario. I really don't think I'll stick around in this game for long, it looks like they are expecting me to put in a significant amount of money to even get a chance at a reasonable choice of cards.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

DemonMage posted:

I played a little bit of it, seems more interesting than most. Gearing looks like it might have some actual options in it? Not entirely clear on if you can Star up heroes or whatever. Is getting your main guys to 6* a goal like Summoners War or do you replace them more like Pocket Knights? Not crazy about the faux real time thing but it's not a huge deal either.

Main goal is to get dudes to 6* but the game gives you two option of getting there. Either fusing 2 lower grades together for a random higher grade or ranking up using elemental rocks. Generally you only rank up 5*s that you really need.

Most rating on heroes are based on what modes they are good at, either adventure (grinding), Dragon raids, Castle rushing, PvP. So you want a pretty wide pool of heroes specialized/geared for each of the modes.

If there are goons starting out, I have free 5* friend coupon things to send out. Just add me as a friend IGN:uguu.

Been playing around a month now so if anyone got questions I can probably answer them :v:

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 28, 2015

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Man, I forgot how much of a goddamn grind Korean games are. Mabinogi only lets me purchase a single common at a time for 999 gold, and I finally spent some of the starting gems on a pack and got four commons and a lovely one star. I literally don't have enough cards to make a deck that doesn't suck rear end because I traded what turned out to be a couple important cards to the cat merchant while I was only half paying attention. Only having like 30 cards spread over five factions makes it difficult to actually do anything outside of the random draft or scenario. I really don't think I'll stick around in this game for long, it looks like they are expecting me to put in a significant amount of money to even get a chance at a reasonable choice of cards.

At least as far as I can tell, having the 5 different factions isn't the worst because you want to have 3 factions in your deck anyway. Since you get one of each mana per faction each turn, if you only have two or one color, you're handicapping yourself. Also, it's nice to have three colors so you can let your mana of one color build up while you're putting out cheaper cards of your other factions.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

At least as far as I can tell, having the 5 different factions isn't the worst because you want to have 3 factions in your deck anyway. Since you get one of each mana per faction each turn, if you only have two or one color, you're handicapping yourself. Also, it's nice to have three colors so you can let your mana of one color build up while you're putting out cheaper cards of your other factions.

I'm 99% sure you get three random resources a turn, and four on your first turn if you're going second. So choosing three factions over two or one only really works if you need the coverage for removal or synergy or just don't have the cards yet.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I'm 99% sure you get three random resources a turn, and four on your first turn if you're going second. So choosing three factions over two or one only really works if you need the coverage for removal or synergy or just don't have the cards yet.

Yeah, but it's random on your level up and if you are one resource it's not random ever and you get +3 on lvl up.

The scenario gives you plenty of gold and lovely cards for trading fodder, the cat merchant can be a bastard though, I just give him crap cards unless he's trading really juicy. Also spending stamina in any mode gives stuff once you've got all the wheel spins even if you lose every time.

You pretty much have to beat scenario to do anything and then you have to get lucky a bit, but I have 3 so so decks now In 2 days and Thanksgiving occured during it.

I do think the 999 cards are a waste if you can win random drafts of daily, but I only won daily and rookie once so far, working at it.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

galahan posted:

I didn't see a goon guild yet, is that within your means? I already like this better than the last game recommended in here where your 1-6 star heros were in lanes. I formatted and refilled that several times and couldn't make any progress.
Name is: Sagoon
User code: C250B7B211DB46A58DA6292001320EE6

Waiting on Mabinogi duel stamina to recharge, plus I am out of gold after beating scenario and beating my daily for the first time...

I would say random draft is best, but I got lucky in rookie arena and got platinum once. Just save a bunch of gold and reroll with a bunch of gold and cross your fingers with random draft to supplement your other means of getting cards.

Also if you have the stamina just redo the daily from the start, 4 gems to try again seems like a waste, although it you don't have an ok deck and luck you'd still fail.

Only trade with the cat merchant if it's overwhelmingly better, and 999 gold cards may not be as worth it as random draft reroll once you get a feel for the game.

Added you and sent you a 5* dude in Seven Knights enjoy :v:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

galahan posted:

Yeah, but it's random on your level up and if you are one resource it's not random ever and you get +3 on lvl up.

The post I quoted said that it wasn't random. So you and I are in agreement on the only point I was making. I'll check out the scenario more though, it's just really tedious.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Locke Dunnegan posted:

The post I quoted said that it wasn't random. So you and I are in agreement on the only point I was making. I'll check out the scenario more though, it's just really tedious.

I meant to quote the person above you saying one resource is inherently bad, that has not been my experience if you have some of the better cards, but your "mana curve" observation is something I'll have to watch out for.

Seven Knights hasn't have me any keys every 10 min like it claims, I'm wondering if its because I turned power saving mode on or if marshmallow doze is the culprit.

Also I recieved notifications for free keys at like 3am and other times, but clicking on them have me nothing?

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 29, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Quote not edit

Mabinogi duel
And yeah the gimmick decks in scenario can be annoying, it is a puzzle.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 29, 2015

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Mabinogi duel properly asks for permissions like a 6.0 application should, but it will close if I don't give it permission to read my contacts. What a bunch of poo poo.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Without letting it read your contacts it wouldn't be able to sign into Google Play Games. And if it doesn't support that you shouldn't be playing it anyways.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I've been holding off installing it cause of the permissions it asks as well, it would've been so much simpler if they explained why the permissions were necessary.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

DemonMage posted:

Without letting it read your contacts it wouldn't be able to sign into Google Play Games. And if it doesn't support that you shouldn't be playing it anyways.

I am definitely not a conspiracy theory alarmist, but a mobile card game needing permission to make phone calls from my device without my input is kind of, uh, weird.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

DemonMage posted:

One of the points of Google Play Games is that it acts as a gatekeeper between the game and your contacts. Check your other games, they don't need contacts permissions.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Both Seven Knights and Summoners War need it for inviting your friends. Those are the only multiplayer games I have. Which the card game does the same thing as far as I know. It's pretty standard for socially enabled apps. Would I prefer if my multiplayer games tried to be less social and stuck to in game invites? Sure, but that's not going to happen. And ideally they should continue to function even if the permission is denied which is a good middle ground, but that's not enforced just a best practice. But I imagine they get a lot of users from the dumb social referrals so they're deincentivized from fixing it too.

[Edit] Which yeah isn't required for Circles access for Games like I thought it was, but it's not a strange or scary app permission, just an irritating one.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 29, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Anyone here do NFL Showdown?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DemonMage posted:

i have several games installed right this moment that use Play Games and that don't require the contacts permission. all the developer docs for Google's public Android APIs are freely available; i find it bizarre that you would make such an odd claim without just looking it up quick

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

galahan posted:

I meant to quote the person above you saying one resource is inherently bad, that has not been my experience if you have some of the better cards, but your "mana curve" observation is something I'll have to watch out for.

Seven Knights hasn't have me any keys every 10 min like it claims, I'm wondering if its because I turned power saving mode on or if marshmallow doze is the culprit.

Also I recieved notifications for free keys at like 3am and other times, but clicking on them have me nothing?

Keys only regen when you have less than 8.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Mabinogi Talk: bought a mutant pack and got that shifting 3* fairy and a :toot: -1G mutant Green Dragon :toot:. I want to use it in a turtling deck but I'll have to wait for actual cards. I figure that + Pub + dudes that make little dudes like some of the green cards might be good for constantly pooping out slightly buffed dudes? This game is confusing.

Also, lol at all the Flame Wall decks near the top of arena ladder. It's like vanilla Hearthstone all over again.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Mabinogi Talk: bought a mutant pack and got that shifting 3* fairy and a :toot: -1G mutant Green Dragon :toot:. I want to use it in a turtling deck but I'll have to wait for actual cards. I figure that + Pub + dudes that make little dudes like some of the green cards might be good for constantly pooping out slightly buffed dudes? This game is confusing.

Also, lol at all the Flame Wall decks near the top of arena ladder. It's like vanilla Hearthstone all over again.
Nature Creatures are tanky enough combined with Pubs and Light units you can easily out last most tempo decks.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I really want to make a monochrome deck just so I can be the rear end in a top hat that drops a 4 cost creature turn one when going second, like someone's ghost just did to break my 3 win streak. gently caress youuuuuuuu

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I really want to make a monochrome deck just so I can be the rear end in a top hat that drops a 4 cost creature turn one when going second, like someone's ghost just did to break my 3 win streak. gently caress youuuuuuuu

Hey now that sounds like hearthstone

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Is there a good newbie guide for Mabinogi Duel somewhere? I'm kinda new to card games and still figuring it out. Also what should I spend gems on? The game doesn't really make it clear what g1, g2 and mutant boosters are.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I'm feeling the same way, and it's getting to the point where I'm getting second thoughts about even trying new Korean games. Does that make me racist?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you play 7knights add me to friends, Zotics. I have a 6* AoE farmer. Also if you add me and your account is under 14 days I can gift you a 5* hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

How is Call of Ctlhulhu Wasted Land? I've wanted it for ages and have the fun bux to get it.