Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Murkey Water Asset: To fix drill, pick it up off of the safe and kill a cop with it to make it go faster for 10-30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The FBI Files for Slaughterhouse reveal that the heist takes place somewhere in eastern Texas, since the entirety of Interstate 45 is there. ("A traffic incident on the southbound I-45 resulted in a convoy belonging to the independent military contractors, Murkywater, being diverted from its path.")
That would make it the third job to take place outside of the DC area in Payday 2.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Doing the heists in order might be amusing, only gently caress GO Bank. poo poo heist that's more annoying than fun, stealth or loud.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wastrel_ posted:

Doing the heists in order might be amusing, only gently caress GO Bank. poo poo heist that's more annoying than fun, stealth or loud.

Go Bank is a good heist if you just rush it from the start loud. I really like the moving objectives, from inside of the bank, to the roof, to the serwers. With the new Turret Van it's even better.

Anyway, Viklund is streaming him making new songs: http://www.twitch.tv/simonviklund

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
GO Bank is a pretty painless stealth map if you've got two friends and a loud saw with control freak. GO loud has been a great map for a while now.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm quite sure that Slaughterhouse Redux takes place in DC still, it's just that whoever wrote that blurb didn't realize that using random numbers for the highway name would imply that it took place somewhere else.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I know about the 40 damage breakpoint (39,85 actually or whatever), i'm aware there are other for stability and accuracy, what are those? I'd find a steam guide, but the last one i read, the thread told me it was apparently terrible.

I guess i kinda wanna figure out weapons, right now i'm using a 308 with some mods i thought were maybe good and a judgle secondary with HE. I want other loadouts for variation but idk whats good and don't want to drag down the team.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Just use whatever you like. Unless you're doing loud Death Wish (which you shouldn't if you're still learning), all guns are viable. Some guns have shittier ammo pickup, but if you're afraid of that, just bring ammo. Experiment!

On overkill and below you're only dragging the team down with bad skills, not with your loadout.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What's the 40 damage break point? Don't DW with a weapon under 40?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It used to be that 18 accuracy and 25 stability were the best you could get without skills - and the skills didn't exactly work as advertised. 18 accuracy did what 90 accuracy does and 25 stability did what 100 stability does. The hard limit on both stats is 100, and very few weapons can meaningfully hit both - most don't approach either.

Accuracy translates to a 0.0 - 2.0 multiplier to a recoil value based on whether you're moving, crouching and/or ironsighting and what gun you're using. 100 accuracy has no spread.
Stability translates to a 0.5 - 3.0 multiplier to the maximum and minimum recoil values that are based on the gun you're using.

Single-shot weapons want accuracy a lot more than they want stability, since recoil is mostly dealt with by shooting a little slower.
Rapid-fire weapons want stability really badly, since you want the gun to at least stay pointed in the right direction when you're trying to hose a bulldozer's face. Accuracy is a bonus.

At the bottom of Weapon Stats - Basic Concepts in the Long Guide there are sections on Recoil and Spread. It'll go into more detail.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It's the point where tan cops take exactly two headshots to die on Overkill without other damage boosting skills being active, like Overkill, Underdog or Combat Medic. 40 doesn't really apply to DW since cops have more health and the headshot damage needed is disproportionately larger.

Weapon Stats - Breakpoints and Shots to Kill in the Long Guide goes into a lot more detail and has a huge list of breakpoints for killing cops with exact numbers of headshots for DW and not-DW.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

40 doesn't mean as much as it used to. Before perk decks, it was the breakpoint to one-headshot greens, and two-head tans. Now everyone with a perk deck gets the headshot bonus multiplier so some miniscule number is the new one for greens, and some 38 or 39 point-whatever number is the one for tans. Realistically, getting your damage up really only matters for some shotguns rare situations with sniper rifles, or if you're doing Deathwish these days.

Lots of people like to chat numbers and that's cool, but if someone tells you a gun is useless or you shouldn't firing it while moving or from the hip(barring semi-auto shotties), then they're bad at shooters and try to make up for it number-shaming.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 28, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Plan Z posted:

40 doesn't mean as much as it used to. Before perk decks, it was the breakpoint to one-headshot greens, and two-head tans. Now everyone with a perk deck gets the headshot bonus multiplier so some miniscule number is the new one for greens, and some 38 or 39 point-whatever number is the one for tans. Realistically, getting your damage up really only matters for some shotguns rare situations with sniper rifles, or if you're doing Deathwish these days.

Lots of people like to chat numbers and that's cool, but if someone tells you a gun is useless or you shouldn't firing it while moving or from the hip(barring semi-auto shotties), then they're bad at shooters and try to make up for it number-shaming.

All perk decks did was let everyone take advantage of the 40 breakpoint, instead of requiring that you dump points into Technician to get the tier bonus.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Geight posted:

All perk decks did was let everyone take advantage of the 40 breakpoint, instead of requiring that you dump points into Technician to get the tier bonus.

It's exactly what I meant.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah but like... Everyone having helmet popping didn't change the 40 breakpoint. The 40 breakpoint is still a thing on Overkill Difficulty, and it has always been technically 39.9 or whatever because Overkill Software.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What if some of the people I played with in the past few weeks don't go for headshots? Is there a polite way of saying what needs to be said?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Before perk decks and without the technician tier bonus, the breakpoint was 50 damage to two-hit tans. 40 was just good for greens (and now that's like, 32 or 33 which 99.9% of the guns in the game hit without any mods).

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What if some of the people I played with in the past few weeks don't go for headshots? Is there a polite way of saying what needs to be said?

Play with AI John Wick and he'll helpfully remind your crew to go for headshots.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The Tans will explain it to them.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Are the cops dying?

If the cops are dying then what needs to be said is absolutely nothing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are the cops the ones I can see through walls outside of the bank lying on the ground insisting I get them up? If so, yes, the cops are dying.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Are the cops the ones I can see through walls outside of the bank lying on the ground insisting I get them up? If so, yes, the cops are dying.

Name and shame, then.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not goons sadly.

I feel like a jackass but it feels too drat good to wear the ICTV and know full well I can go pick them up without issue and not do it. What's that? Chhhhhrt you're chhhhhhshsh break shshshs I can't hear shshsh you.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not goons sadly.

I feel like a jackass but it feels too drat good to wear the ICTV and know full well I can go pick them up without issue and not do it. What's that? Chhhhhrt you're chhhhhhshsh break shshshs I can't hear shshsh you.

Holy poo poo wow.

So you play with pubbies and then you act like a pubbie.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not goons sadly.

get inspire aced, stop playing like a moron

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Allen Wren posted:

Holy poo poo wow.

So you play with pubbies and then you act like a pubbie.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here.

smdh if you don't smugly mock people before picking them up off the floor

Aiming is also pretty generous in this. If you can't manage headshots reasonably frequently, then I don't really know what to tell you.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They're not pubbies, they're friends of a friend. He and I play just fine (ICTV, never downed, carrying the load) and they just don't seem to get basic situational awareness things. Like the little red ring that points at who's shooting you? "Who's shooting me!?" is a constant question we get asked. It's honestly easier to let them go into custody and two-man the job ourselves.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

They're not pubbies, they're friends of a friend. He and I play just fine (ICTV, never downed, carrying the load) and they just don't seem to get basic situational awareness things. Like the little red ring that points at who's shooting you? "Who's shooting me!?" is a constant question we get asked. It's honestly easier to let them go into custody and two-man the job ourselves.

They sound hopelessly stupid. Mock them mercilessly.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Plan Z posted:

40 always meant "one shots greens" without the technician bonus. 50 (49.75) used to be the two head tans. Now 40 (39.9) means two head tans and 32 (31.x) for one shot greens when everyone gets the technician bonus through perk decks. This is all on Overkill.

For Deathwish you still want 39.9 for good ammo efficiency but most guns that don't hit it have firerates in the 4 digits so it literally doesn't matter; just fire for half a second longer to confirm your kills.

Here, in handy chart form the numbers you need to sperg over.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

UnknownMercenary posted:

For Deathwish you still want 39.9 for good ammo efficiency but most guns that don't hit it have firerates in the 4 digits so it literally doesn't matter; just fire for half a second longer to confirm your kills.

I disagree with the idea that it "literally doesn't matter". Hitting a breakpoint is vital for ammo management and efficiency; you can work around it with good play, but you're effectively doubling the size of your ammo pool when you're killing with half as many bullets.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

isndl posted:

I disagree with the idea that it "literally doesn't matter". Hitting a breakpoint is vital for ammo management and efficiency; you can work around it with good play, but you're effectively doubling the size of your ammo pool when you're killing with half as many bullets.

Oh no, someone might have to hit an ammo bag once or twice. We'll never make it out.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Yeah I came into this after Death Wish got easier cuz of perk decks, DLC guns etc but outside of "nobody brought ammo bags, really?" or some FNG grabbing bullets like they're candy while pissing em away by spraying wildly, I've never felt like ammo was the big limiting factor. I mean it happens but ammo efficiency/optimization is so much less important than people being able to click on cops and/or loading out your consumables sensibly as a group.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
When will we get a perk deck that makes melee kills give ammo?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

isndl posted:

Are you telling me that you count shots on Deathwish, especially for guns that with ~1000 RPM like the Buzzsaw, Clarion, Valkyria, Blaster, etc? Because those are the majority of guns that either can't hit 39.9 at all, reach 39.9 very awful accuracy, or require deep investment in the Ghost tree to hit 39.9. The only real outliers are the JP36 and Commando, both of which have fire rates sitting around 700 which don't do them any favours. Actually, the AMCAR too, but why would you ever use it unless you're handicapping yourself on purpose.

You literally cannot go under 39.9 on, I'd say, 95% of the weapons in the game since the stat normalization.

chairface posted:

Yeah I came into this after Death Wish got easier cuz of perk decks, DLC guns etc but outside of "nobody brought ammo bags, really?" or some FNG grabbing bullets like they're candy while pissing em away by spraying wildly, I've never felt like ammo was the big limiting factor. I mean it happens but ammo efficiency/optimization is so much less important than people being able to click on cops and/or loading out your consumables sensibly as a group.

Having at least one person bringing a machinegun effectively means that person doesn't need to rely on the ammo bags as much since they get ridiculous pickup now. I would say it's probably more of a limiting factor now than before since the pickup rates have gone from 2.7%-6.75% (after accounting for Walk-In Closet) to 2.7%-4.05%. Once the beta changes go final everybody will see an increased pickup closer to pre-Crimefest 2015 levels.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 28, 2015

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I wonder if the new hacker guy ties into the new heister, Sydney. Is his accent more South African or Australian? I can't really tell.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Geight posted:

I'm quite sure that Slaughterhouse Redux takes place in DC still, it's just that whoever wrote that blurb didn't realize that using random numbers for the highway name would imply that it took place somewhere else.
Reminds me of when Bomb: Dockyard used to have maps of Washington state on the computers rather than Washington DC. :v:

E:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 28, 2015

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Oh no, someone might have to hit an ammo bag once or twice. We'll never make it out.

poo poo happens. Sometimes the guy who brought ammo managed to land in custody because of a bad cop spawn, or it's reserved for the sawbitch. Maybe the guy with the LMG got tased a few times and ate an entire bag by himself, or Bain decided to gently caress off and not tell you the next ingredient on your full cook for ten minutes. It's good to have ammo bags, but it's also good to be able to survive without them in a pinch.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Are you telling me that you count shots on Deathwish, especially for guns that with ~1000 RPM like the Buzzsaw, Clarion, Valkyria, Blaster, etc? Because those are the majority of guns that either can't hit 39.9 at all, reach 39.9 very awful accuracy, or require deep investment in the Ghost tree to hit 39.9. The only real outliers are the JP36 and Commando, both of which have fire rates sitting around 700 which don't do them any favours.

You literally cannot go under 39.9 on, I'd say, 95% of the weapons in the game since the stat normalization.

Yeah I count shots, but not for those high RPM guns because I simply don't bring them to Deathwish. The more efficient I am with ammo the more that is available for the rest of the crew, whether it's ammo bags or ammo boxes. Deathwish has longer days and discourages ammo runs, so using less ammo has a huge impact on overall crew success. Some crews don't need that buffer and that's great, but I've played with both good crews and bad crews.

The stat normalization does makes hitting 40 much easier on most guns, but that's often at the tradeoff of other stats. A lot of them still aren't worth using on DW by my standards. :shrug:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Like the little red ring that points at who's shooting you? "Who's shooting me!?" is a constant question we get asked.

I'm assuming you pointed them to any of the hud mods that make the hit indicator not terrible, otherwise this one's on you (for not pointing them to any of the hud mods that make the hit indicator not terrible).

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
LMGs and to a lesser extent light SMGs get fantastic pickup, and your ammo efficiency is a function of pickup rate. If you're not using fast, light weapons you should probably believe the people who do.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

isndl posted:

Yeah I count shots, but not for those high RPM guns because I simply don't bring them to Deathwish. The more efficient I am with ammo the more that is available for the rest of the crew, whether it's ammo bags or ammo boxes. Deathwish has longer days and discourages ammo runs, so using less ammo has a huge impact on overall crew success. Some crews don't need that buffer and that's great, but I've played with both good crews and bad crews.

The stat normalization does makes hitting 40 much easier on most guns, but that's often at the tradeoff of other stats. A lot of them still aren't worth using on DW by my standards. :shrug:

Well then I don't know what guns you would even be talking about that don't hit 39.9 then because everything else literally has a base damage of at least 38 which, by having a perk deck even halfway levelled, puts you at 39.9 without any mods attached. Damage mods barely do anything to the point that the trade-off is now always between accuracy and stability. I literally cannot give up any more damage to make my CAR-4 shoot straighter; it has a minimum of like 43 damage since a bunch of +accuracy mods also add like +1 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

As a rabid flamethrower user, there is no shame in using ammo bags. That's what they're there for - turning cops into candles.