Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
like some kind of loving idiot, he still has window borders set to 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Wild EEPROM posted:

like some kind of loving idiot, he still has window borders set to 4.

you care more about window borders than an autist with basically unlimited free time

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

EL BROMANCE posted:

quite fitting what is essentially the iron man house

https://vimeo.com/102897742
lol that the agents for an $85 million house are using gmail and mac.com email addresses

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

Phoenixan posted:

i would have thought of notch as a fedora user tbh

lomarfin'

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Mr. Apollo posted:

lol that the agents for an $85 million house are using gmail and mac.com email addresses

every dumb fucktard uses JimSmithREALESTATE@gmail.com or whatever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
sometimes i use my WORKNAME@gmail.com instead of our real domain b/c sometimes gmail spam filters poo poo from it. fuckers. cock bitches. i put authentication or whatever on now and its going away tho which is ftw but it takes time.. the csr said..

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

EL BROMANCE posted:

quite fitting what is essentially the iron man house

https://vimeo.com/102897742

why

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

money.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Smythe posted:

every dumb fucktard uses JimSmithREALESTATE@gmail.com or whatever

its true, realtors are one of our target markets and it's mostly yahoo/gmail/isp provided emails. sometimes they have one hosted by whatever lovely realtor company they work with, very rarely they have one at a domain they own.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
and sometimes they don't even have a website they just post house photos to facebook or g+ or whatever

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i once had to work with a guy who claimed to be an seo and web guy and used a free gmail account as his business email. dude couldnt reliably make dns changes without loving up or having to ask someone else.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lmao at notch all alone leaning over a computer in a dark corner of a house entirely designed to entertain guests, dine, and talk. that place is utterly wasted on him.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

The Management posted:

lmao at notch all alone leaning over a computer in a dark corner of a house entirely designed to entertain guests, dine, and talk. that place is utterly wasted on him.
in a few years he'll be destitute and then we'll get to see him get paid to talk about economics

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

What Can Minecraft Teach Us About *throws dart* The Sharing Economy?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Necc0 posted:

what i want to know is do the higher ups understand why so many people are refusing to upgrade or do they really think the issue is one of awareness/laziness?

a surprisingly high number of people have no idea what windows is or does so a couple of nerd lords is immaterial

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Necc0 posted:

what i want to know is do the higher ups understand why so many people are refusing to upgrade or do they really think the issue is one of awareness/laziness?

what are the actual rollout numbers? the hardcore gamer demographic isn't a very large proportion, so they probably just assume that most of the stragglers are enterprise people

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

they probably have a very good idea of the demographics of the ignorant people they tricked into upgrading versus the Thurrotts of the world versus gamers versus techies or whatever based on what they know about machines that connect to Windows Update via the product keys (end-user system builder versus ACPI table OEM versus retail boxed) and installed hardware and the respective driver versions and the crash dumps for which sorts of applications have come from that PC

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

they probably have a very good idea of the demographics of the ignorant people they tricked into upgrading versus the Thurrotts of the world versus gamers versus techies or whatever based on what they know about machines that connect to Windows Update via the product keys (end-user system builder versus ACPI table OEM versus retail boxed) and installed hardware and the respective driver versions and the crash dumps for which sorts of applications have come from that PC

all of this information was then discarded by an exec that has a bonus tied to install numbers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
MS knows i am a hard core PC master race supremacy Gamer with 3k hours of pwning FuckTards on DOTA and rewards me handsomely by hand-rolling bug-free versions of the premium Gaming OS in the world: Windows 10.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Satya knows I can perfectly time not only a light SRK into ryu fireball super but also a sweet explo hally ebolt combo. He personally reviews my frag vids and ships the most ownage distro for my enjoyment. Sometimes, if I listen very closely, I can hear him breathing over my shoulder. I can see his spectre standing over me, watching me frag - and hell, he's having a beer. He's loving cool. He's into it. He's rooting and cheering. HELL YEA! HELL YEA SATYA! WINDOWS 10 FOR THE WIN!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Smythe posted:

Satya knows I can perfectly time not only a light SRK into ryu fireball super but also a sweet explo hally ebolt combo. He personally reviews my frag vids and ships the most ownage distro for my enjoyment. Sometimes, if I listen very closely, I can hear him breathing over my shoulder. I can see his spectre standing over me, watching me frag - and hell, he's having a beer. He's loving cool. He's into it. He's rooting and cheering. HELL YEA! HELL YEA SATYA! WINDOWS 10 FOR THE WIN!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

lol

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

howabout you eat my loving hairy rear end smthe, w10 is garbage for bitch idiot retards

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

man am i the only one that thinks all smyth posts are stux/ni**erstomper47 tier

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

REAL LIVE FOOTAGE OF SMYTHE READY FOR SATYAS TURGID MEMBER

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/nBwInkO.jpg :nws:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Sudo Echo posted:

REAL LIVE FOOTAGE OF SMYTHE READY FOR SATYAS TURGID MEMBER

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/nBwInkO.jpg :nws:

smythe has dirty feet

text me

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Smythe posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mr. Apollo posted:

You might find that REALTORS® are loving awful

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Millstone posted:

You might find that REALTORS® are loving awful

They're the laziest most entitled people on earth.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
today my father in law who sucks at computers let windows upgrade itself to 10 and he couldn't figure out how to control the speaker volume anymore and freaked out. i walked him through reverting back to 7 rather than figure out over the phone whatever stupid place microsoft might have hid his volume knob

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
id tell him to buy a mac but he's a cheap mother fucker and also probably couldn't handle using a vm for his office. this is the guy who keeps a single huge word file for all his clients bc he doesn't want to learn how to make new a new doc

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the sad thing is that there's probably Word developers tasked with making sure that scenario works well

sort of like how there's probably Outlook people tasked with making sure you can store 20 years of email in your Inbox folder because my mother refuses to sort, archive or delete anything

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the audio settings are in the same place they always are, the bottom right

i'm sorry that your wife's father is an idiot

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

today my father in law who sucks knob

im sorry

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pseudorandom name posted:

sort of like how there's probably Outlook people tasked with making sure you can store 20 years of email in your Inbox folder because my mother refuses to sort, archive or delete anything

i think an entire department is responsible for ensuring the integrity of folder structures of the deleted items folder

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Thanks Ants posted:

i think an entire department is responsible for ensuring the integrity of folder structures of the deleted items folder

CJ sits at an employee's desk, fires up outlook. first thing he does is reflexively hit the permanently delete all button in the deleted items folder. user flips out because he was keeping stuff in there. end scene.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
"I was keeping files in the Recycle Bin!" is one of the oldest ones in the book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dodoman posted:

the audio settings are in the same place they always are, the bottom right

i'm sorry that your wife's father is an idiot

rude

• Locked thread