Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Once again I get the combo of Pyromania and Bomber Boy early and spend the rest of the game blowing poo poo up. I found a golden bomb in the first room of the Cathedral and didn't shoot a single tear as I cleared the rest of the map.

I also finally built a legit Super Meat Boy without Death being replaced by loving Conquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Power of Pecota posted:

Okay so here's a loadout of what I have on a Keeper run where I really thought I'd be able to do Hush - for some reason picking up Ipecac on top of Dr. Fetus didn't give me Bob's Rotten Head bombs that detonate on contact like it did the last time I got those two items, and my shots are now just Kamikaze effects?

They aren't shooting bombs or anything. When I fire bombs literally don't even appear, there's just a purple cloud from the eyeshadow effect and an explosion happens directly on top of the keeper. Jesus loving christ.

Sounds like they didn't fix that bug. Okay, so here's the thing. There's a bug where Ipecac shots will explode if they hit each other. Which can happen if your tears get too big (or picked up Dr. Fetus) and you picked up the Inner Eye, Mutant Spider, or are playing as Keeper. Yeah, unfortunately you're gonna have to hope that you can pick up those coins in time.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is there any functional difference between Hush/Greed having armor and just having insane HP? Because god I hate Hush so much.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I should really stop picking up My Reflection. It's never a good idea.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I like you, D100. I really do. But this is now the third time that you've given me Ipecac + Marked + My Reflection + Tractor Beam

I don't think we can be together anymore

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Is there any functional difference between Hush/Greed having armor and just having insane HP? Because god I hate Hush so much.

The armor means they are still killable if you have poo poo damage, where as insane hp would make them still just as ridiculously tanky for good runs, but basically impossible on bad runs.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Samuel Clemens posted:

I should really stop picking up My Reflection. It's never a good idea.

Unless you're playing Azazel, since it doubles his brimstone range.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Hush has both armor and obnoxiously large HP. That fight outstays its welcome so badly.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

I was only really looking for Sworn Protector, but I guess I'll take the rest of it too. :haw:

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Just had a Lilith run with the first item being Host Hat and the second one was Epic Fetus. A lot of fun ensued, with Hush, the Lamb and Mega Satan being defeated. Also Curse of the Tower, Bob's Curse and No. 2 helped a great deal.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Had an interesting Eden run. Ran into Cursed Eye, but I didn't get teleported away when I got hit for some reason, so when I later became Guppy with Mutant Spider enemies melted away. Maybe Black Candle nullifies the teleport effect now?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DraconicImpulse posted:

Had an interesting Eden run. Ran into Cursed Eye, but I didn't get teleported away when I got hit for some reason, so when I later became Guppy with Mutant Spider enemies melted away. Maybe Black Candle nullifies the teleport effect now?

Cursed Eye doesn't teleport you if you're fully charged. Did you pick up a lot of tears up items?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The Keeper is actually a fun challenge on Greed mode. Any strong tears up like Skinny Odd Mushroom makes him shoot super fast, so I was shredding everything. Having Penny Tears made the Ultra Greed fight super tense though since he could heal from the pennies dropping just as I could.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Cursed Eye doesn't teleport you if you're fully charged. Did you pick up a lot of tears up items?

I could swear I got hit during the charge, but memory is fallible and I did have a lot of tear ups. Oh well, was still cool as hell hitting poo poo with 16 bullets followed by 16 flies.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DraconicImpulse posted:

I could swear I got hit during the charge, but memory is fallible and I did have a lot of tear ups. Oh well, was still cool as hell hitting poo poo with 16 bullets followed by 16 flies.

I remember someone else talking about those items and it not teleporting you, maybe on a stream.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, I just tested it and Black Candle does remove the teleport penalty of Cursed Eye in Afterbirth.

There's also video proof someone made.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, I just tested it and Black Candle does remove the teleport penalty of Cursed Eye in Afterbirth.

Cool poo poo. I wonder if Black Candle removes negative effects on other cursed items now as well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DraconicImpulse posted:

Cool poo poo. I wonder if Black Candle removes negative effects on other cursed items now as well.

The only other Cursed items would be Curse of the Tower, and nullifying the effects of that item would make it completely pointless. And the other 2 are trinkets, Cracked Dice and Cursed Skull, which can be dropped. So I doubt it affects any of those, but I'll try testing that when I have time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh hey, that's a suggestion I made way back when! :toot:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That's actually really cool.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

The only other Cursed items would be Curse of the Tower, and nullifying the effects of that item would make it completely pointless. And the other 2 are trinkets, Cracked Dice and Cursed Skull, which can be dropped. So I doubt it affects any of those, but I'll try testing that when I have time.

Yeah just tested it. Black Candle doesn't work on any of those.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah just tested it. Black Candle doesn't work on any of those.

Oh well, as you said it would make those items completely pointless anyway, and Curse of the Tower can be "fixed" with Safety Scissors.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Super Bum count as a item for Platinum god/1001%?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
All I pretty much have left is beating Mega Satan with a most of the characters, but god it is such a slog trying to get Angel rooms, or get lucky and find dad's key/get out of jail free card.

There is nothing worse than getting one key piece and then never seeing another angel room.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RatHat posted:

Does Super Bum count as a item for Platinum god/1001%?

No but if you're going for 1001% you'll probably see him anyway

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If you get Mom's Knife and Loki's horns, you get three knives pointing at the angles 90, 180, and 270 degrees from the main one which sometimes fire when you fire the main one. If you have a controller, you can spin the stick around really fast to turn yourself into a whirling sawblade of doom that chews through bosses in seconds.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

Logan 5 posted:

There is nothing worse than getting one key piece and then never seeing another angel room.

Conversely, all I have left is picking up Mega Blast from a devil room, and I keep bitching about how I get too many angel rooms. :(

(Seriously though, exit game, continue, angel statue will reappear and you can get both key pieces from the same room.)

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Keeper run gives me Swallowed Penny and Stopwatch along with scythes and such so I think I'm pretty much sorted. Turns out that boss drop was Abaddon and not Pentagram so I dropped stone dead when I grabbed it. :argh:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

So today I learned what Empty Vessel does by picking up a heart on this island...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

So today I learned what Empty Vessel does by picking up a heart on this island...

Exit and continue.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Exit and continue.

I would, but it's the daily challenge.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just had a Mega Satan run where I got Goat head on the first floor and then never got an Angel room. :suicide:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I would, but it's the daily challenge.

Oh wow, sorry about that. Yeah, that sucks.

I gotta say, Keeper made me appreciate Angel Rooms a lot more. (The Devil Room nerfs probably had something to do with that too. :sigh:) Kinda wish you could just go to them from the start or something, because you're more likely to run into something good from a Devil Room, which locks you out of Angel Rooms for the rest of the run.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

They nerfed devil rooms?

Please unnerf secret rooms

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

AbDomen posted:

Conversely, all I have left is picking up Mega Blast from a devil room, and I keep bitching about how I get too many angel rooms. :(

(Seriously though, exit game, continue, angel statue will reappear and you can get both key pieces from the same room.)

Sonuvabitch, does that really work? I never thought to try it.

Also are angel rooms even less likely to have an item now? I feel like since they added a few new things that can spawn in there instead, like 8 times out of 10 there is no pedestal item.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Logan 5 posted:

Also are angel rooms even less likely to have an item now? I feel like since they added a few new things that can spawn in there instead, like 8 times out of 10 there is no pedestal item.

And 8 times out of ten that it does have an item, it's holy water. The remaining two times, it's Lazarus's Rags.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

Please unnerf secret rooms

I think he did, because I'm seeing items in secret rooms a lot more often now. Unfortunately, super secret rooms got nerfed in their place. You're less likely to find a useful one compared to

Logan 5 posted:

:shrug: Personally, I've been lucking out. I've seen Sacred Heart, Godhead, and some other good items in there a few times.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 30, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wow, sorry about that. Yeah, that sucks.

I gotta say, Keeper made me appreciate Angel Rooms a lot more. (The Devil Room nerfs probably had something to do with that too. :sigh:) Kinda wish you could just go to them from the start or something, because you're more likely to run into something good from a Devil Room, which locks you out of Angel Rooms for the rest of the run.
I'm glad they nerfed Devil Rooms a bit because Angel Rooms were almost worthless except for Mega Satan runs, but I really wished they had revamped how the two rooms worked. Because skipping a Devil Room and having to avoid taking red heart damage a second time, only to get an eternal heart is loving terrible. Or better yet, the new Afterbirth rooms like six pennies or two of the lovely eternal chests.

Speaking of lovely new AB stuff, is it me or are buttons just really loving useless? At best I get like a bomb or a coin, but they tend to be negative WAY more often and the negative effects tend to be significantly worse. I had a button spawn like 2-3 lil horns at once, and lately I just treat them like sacrifice rooms.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm glad they nerfed Devil Rooms a bit because Angel Rooms were almost worthless except for Mega Satan runs, but I really wished they had revamped how the two rooms worked. Because skipping a Devil Room and having to avoid taking red heart damage a second time, only to get an eternal heart is loving terrible. Or better yet, the new Afterbirth rooms like six pennies or two of the lovely eternal chests.

Speaking of lovely new AB stuff, is it me or are buttons just really loving useless? At best I get like a bomb or a coin, but they tend to be negative WAY more often and the negative effects tend to be significantly worse. I had a button spawn like 2-3 lil horns at once, and lately I just treat them like sacrifice rooms.

The buttons would be a lot more annoying if you couldn't just press them and leave if you get enemies of some variety, in secret rooms/error rooms at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Soy Milk + Head of the Keeper may be useless as a weapon, but wow you get a lot of coins.