Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Stealth solo. Group stealth is just so intense becausey ou never know when someone's going to screw up and you hope it isn't you.

New achievements: "It's a" "Hot Day" "My Friend, "To Burden", "Your" "Horse" "With" "Such a" "Heavy" "Purse"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I wonder if larger-scale jobs against PMCs will align us back to being Robin Hoods or if we're still Ultra-Hitlers.

maswastaken posted:

New achievements: "It's a" "Hot Day" "My Friend, "To Burden", "Your" "Horse" "With" "Such a" "Heavy" "Purse"

Guess that answers that.

It's a quote from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, apparently

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

I once played with a group of pubs during one of the free weekends. I was hosting and getting through some very hard jobs for the mask, and a level 0 and a level 1 joined on Election Day. I decided to roll with it, and somehow managed to complete Election Day, Framing Frame Pro, and - after an hour or so of trying - Diamond Store stealth.

It was incredibly frustrating but they were nice guys :3:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

CommunistPancake posted:

a level 1 joined

Is that even possible? I thought even the lowliest of low-paying jobs give you enough exp for at least a couple of levels starting from level 0.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The first time you do safehouse gives you experience. Very, very low experience.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Discendo Vox posted:

Is that a Mixalot reference?

ahem that's SIR mixalot

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

CommunistPancake posted:

after an hour or so of trying - Diamond Store stealth.

Patience of a saint. Personally I don't feel the heist is worth trying for an hour!

Also the best way to do it is to disable the alarm, then place an ECM, then grenade the gently caress out of the first floor. After which all remaining civilians standing outside should be shot down in cold blood. :gibs:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Deviant posted:

ahem that's SIR mixalot

Thank you for showing proper respect to one of the best artists of our time

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

maswastaken posted:

The first time you do safehouse gives you experience. Very, very low experience.

Enough to get you to Level 1. You do get the option to skip it, though, and I think a lot of people do.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

grancheater posted:

Guess that answers that.

It's a quote from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, apparently

Kevin Costner character DLC.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

maswastaken posted:

Stealth solo. Group stealth is just so intense becausey ou never know when someone's going to screw up and you hope it isn't you.

It was a sweet day when I finally got Vox to realize that lag effects stealth detection pretty hard.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

In case you missed in on twich (and I did), one of the stems of Viklund's (hallowed be his name) new tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7bRaiec1rw

:ocelot::sweden:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

In case you missed in on twich (and I did), one of the stems of Viklund's (hallowed be his name) new tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7bRaiec1rw

:ocelot::sweden:

OH YES.
Someone did archive it, I was worried cause he doesn't save his past broadcasts on his channel. The song will be called Beatdown from what I remember, and there might have been some more to it, cause this is from the first stream, in the second one he improved it some more and there was the "assault fade" part as well.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Kevin Costner character DLC.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Plan Z posted:

It was a sweet day when I finally got Vox to realize that lag effects stealth detection pretty hard.

Why I always host.jpg

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wastrel_ posted:

The pub stove sure was burning hot tonight. One hour or so of playtime, grand total of one heist completed.

Highlights amongst a horrific litany of mistakes, disconnects, being kicked and of course blatant cheaters (all on DW):

- Pubby fires unsilenced gun in stealth run of diamond store.
- Level 33 guy shoots guard then walks up to window on 2nd floor of diamond store, is inevitably seen and triggers alarm.
- Diamond store successfully ECM-rushed, I pick up keycard to disable alarm, pubby breaks alarmed glass before I do.
- Pubby disconnects from call for no apparent reason on bank heist, alarm is triggered.

So much for a relaxing evening of easy cash from the most stealthable heists!

As someone who regularly stove touches loud Deathwish (and could probably spam this thread with stories), even I completely avoid stealth. Usually the folks who need the stealth help badly enough to make it a public lobby are really awful and also very new to stealth. The only exception seems to be Trustee Bank; that job is easy enough that only the freshest of newbies gently caress them up, and literally every single Trustee Bank lobby you will find is a stealth one. Also, as mentioned by mas, the caveats about latency, of course.150 ping is pretty bad for any sort of stealth, but it's very playable for loud. 300-400 ping is when that poo poo starts to get unplayable: cops shoot you before they appear/you can react, Cloaker hitboxes are broken and Saigadozers are even bigger piles of bullshit than they would normally be.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

literally every single Trustee Bank lobby you will find is a stealth one.

Being a stovetoucher, I hate this fact; sometimes I just want to have a quick bank shootout that isn't as sphincter-clenching as GO Bank can be, but apparently these dweebs are just too scared of the prospect of law enforcers who shoot back to just walk in the front door with an ICTV and have some loving fun.

The lesson, of course, is to always just host.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A protip for H&T "stealth"- a combination of ECM and control freak aced are enough to let you rush to kill tellers, open the camera room and generally kill everything. The best of both worlds!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

A protip for H&T "stealth"- a combination of ECM and control freak aced are enough to let you rush to kill tellers, open the camera room and generally kill everything. The best of both worlds!

Okay but then you still need to just stand around with your dick in your hands while the drill does its thing, which is the actual worst part of sneaking H&T. The ECM rush is actually pretty drat fun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

RandallODim posted:

Okay but then you still need to just stand around with your dick in your hands while the drill does its thing, which is the actual worst part of sneaking H&T. The ECM rush is actually pretty drat fun.

Protip: if you're good enough and have a saw, you can also do it with diamond store! Toss down an ECM, rush in and shoot guards/saw security/avoid glass.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Protip: if you're good enough and have a saw, you can also do it with diamond store! Toss down an ECM, rush in and shoot guards/saw security/avoid glass.

Okay, now that's a fun idea and instance of potentially fun "stealth". Taking the waiting game out of Diamond Store is great.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

If you're really good, you can do it in a Gensec-protected Nightclub. No pagers, but plenty to hide from the cameras.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Also, day 2 election day. That requires a chain, though.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Although the rewards are smaller, Diamond Store is even easier to stealth than H&T unless there is no door to the cam room in the side alley. Just take out the cam room, go to the second floor - which the guards usually path to, thus making it easy to kill them - and kill guards/manager and disable alarm. Then ECM rush, which is even easier than H&T because you can rain grenades down from the second floor landing.

Of course, pubbies can gently caress even this up.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

maswastaken posted:

If you're really good, you can do it in a Gensec-protected Nightclub. No pagers, but plenty to hide from the cameras.

poo poo, Nightclub is easy as hell to stealth with even a little effort. One time a couple of us did it by accident while I was testing out a fartgun build.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This varies a lot depending on whether there are cameras, and can become heavily luck-based.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Tempest_56 posted:

poo poo, Nightclub is easy as hell to stealth with even a little effort. One time a couple of us did it by accident while I was testing out a fartgun build.

Yeah, good luck stealthing it on DW when there are Titan cams. Technically possible but a serious pain in the rear end, because you literally cannot drill the doors for some of the camera spawns as it'll set off alerts.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

isndl posted:

Yeah, good luck stealthing it on DW when there are Titan cams. Technically possible but a serious pain in the rear end, because you literally cannot drill the doors for some of the camera spawns as it'll set off alerts.

Oh, it's doable- you just have to, you know, loop the camera continuously for the entire drilling period.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The feature from MGS5 I want most in every game, the bugged weapon customization, may be coming to PD2.

http://imgur.com/a/KOVUk

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
There's already mods that let you choose which models the weapon mods should use, I don't see why you couldn't just extend it to loading the wrong model.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh, it's doable- you just have to, you know, loop the camera continuously for the entire drilling period.

I'd probably end up using door popping ECMs or duping the keycard first. If you're really unlucky I think it's possible to have two cameras covering the door to the basement, so camera looping isn't always feasible.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Plan Z posted:

The feature from MGS5 I want most in every game, the bugged weapon customization, may be coming to PD2.

http://imgur.com/a/KOVUk

Can't wait to have my RPG fire 200 rounds like a machine gun.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Nightclub is easier to do loud than stealth, I think. It's full of chokepoints and there are plenty of hostages should you need them. You can even block off two entrances for a long period with the gas cans. Keycard opens one door and if someone else has ECM/C4 then things are even easier. Just have somebody with Expert Driver and it's one of the easiest DW heists.

By the way, someone invite me to the Goons' PD group? For another option when I don't want to deal with pubby BS. Steam ID is i c wiener. Thanks!

Wastrel_ fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 1, 2015

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Please provide a link to your steam profile!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

isndl posted:

I... have? :confused: I mean, that wasn't the accidental one and it wasn't EASY, but it was DW stealth. You expect a certain amount of difficulty. (Though I agree that camera placement luck is a big changer on that.) It's no Jewelry Store, but I'd call it easier than a lot of other stealth heists.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Fellis posted:

Please provide a link to your steam profile!

Here you go.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Stealthing Nightclub is easy, just restart until there's not a GenSec plaque on the front of the club, then there will be no cameras. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

Can't wait to have my RPG fire 200 rounds like a machine gun.

A Buzzsaw fire rate RPG would probably crash Payday 2 so hard it'd delete itself from your hard drive.

Worth it.

In an only slightly less absurd route, I could take finally have an AA-12 worthy of Terry Crews when I load it with GL40s. Not GL40 rounds, mind you, but straight up GL40s.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Psion posted:

A Buzzsaw fire rate RPG would probably crash Payday 2 so hard it'd delete itself from your hard drive.

Worth it.

In an only slightly less absurd route, I could take finally have an AA-12 worthy of Terry Crews when I load it with GL40s. Not GL40 rounds, mind you, but straight up GL40s.

Captain Winters is too POWERFUL to let this assault wave end!

EXPLOOOOOSIOOOOOONSSSS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/85929319030253890

..Point break heists?!

Bohdi himself as a heister?!

FREE SNIPER RIFLE THANKS TO THE BLACK MARKET UPDATE?! :vince:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 1, 2015