Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
How is Summoner Wars these days? Thinking about jumping back into it. If I can recover my account that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

How is Summoner Wars these days? Thinking about jumping back into it. If I can recover my account that is

I left due to grind fatigue, they posted about a MASSIVE incoming patch about a week later so here I am.

https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerswar/comments/3toexa/tldw_summoners_war_the_next_stage/

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Good news wrestling fans, that WWE match-3 game you've always wanted has been soft launched.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mrkillboy posted:

Good news wrestling fans, that WWE match-3 game you've always wanted has been soft launched.
Scopely Whiplash? Is he the Wacky Racers of wrestling games?

Also not available in the US lmao

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

mrkillboy posted:

Did they not have access to any photographs or video of the wrestlers when they developed this? Is it a case of not securing likeness rights? The rock seems especially bad.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Billy Gnosis posted:

Did they not have access to any photographs or video of the wrestlers when they developed this? Is it a case of not securing likeness rights? The rock seems especially bad.

They got his tattoo (i think). What more do you want?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Mabinogi - Two color decks are really viable, especially if you're able to use both to boost a single color. Ie., use mud shaman and mana thief to double up on mana every turn.

Seven Knights - I've also got a couple of 5* gifts left for new players. Everyone should add me, though. My lead is a level 32 unlocked Ruri. IGN - Hilarity

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Star Wars players: Above my "Characters" button, I've got a red dot with "3+" that would normally indicate that I can do something on that tab, like level someone up or equip some gear. I currently have no training items, and everyone is fully equipped. What the gently caress is it trying to tell me?

So far I noticed the game still has its bugs. The squad cantina is all bugged for me. I sent in a report for it but haven't heard anything yet.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

overseer07 posted:

Seven Knights - I've also got a couple of 5* gifts left for new players. Everyone should add me, though. My lead is a level 32 unlocked Ruri. IGN - Hilarity

I'll take one! I've added you. If anyone else wants to add me, my IGN is RapnerSA.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Does anyone happen to play civcrafter? Is there a goon guild?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

swimming anime posted:

Does anyone happen to play civcrafter? Is there a goon guild?

Civcrafter for the curious.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zander13 posted:

So far I noticed the game still has its bugs. The squad cantina is all bugged for me. I sent in a report for it but haven't heard anything yet.

There's a workaround for the bug by choosing geonosian soldier and find his shard. This loads up the regular squad cantina although the special battle is probably worth doing for the extras. Also I take back some of the bad things I said about SW:Heroes. Buying packs is still a bad value but at least once you level up you unlock a lot of extra stuff to do. It felt like it really opened up with the squad cantina and pvp battles but I have a ways to go before I unlock galactic war.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

vulturesrow posted:

Summoner Wars is a cool boardgame with a great app version. I want people to play it so they port more armies from the physical version.

Summoners war is a bad grindy game with an unfortunately similar name. Play the other one.

If you get sick of the AI, add me and invite me to a game: RustyKettle.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rapner posted:

Civcrafter for the curious.

I think I played it briefly I'll do it again if it's idlerific.
I remember this the food mechanic sucks you basically need like 10 farmers to each 1 of another thing to make it work.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 1, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Rusty Kettle posted:

Summoner Wars is a cool boardgame with a great app version. I want people to play it so they port more armies from the physical version.

Summoners war is a bad grindy game with an unfortunately similar name. Play the other one.

If you get sick of the AI, add me and invite me to a game: RustyKettle.

Actually I was talking about the grindy one but I have the other as well but haven't played it in a while. Maybe I will now!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Tagichatn posted:

There's a workaround for the bug by choosing geonosian soldier and find his shard. This loads up the regular squad cantina although the special battle is probably worth doing for the extras. Also I take back some of the bad things I said about SW:Heroes. Buying packs is still a bad value but at least once you level up you unlock a lot of extra stuff to do. It felt like it really opened up with the squad cantina and pvp battles but I have a ways to go before I unlock galactic war.

I'm kinda surprised by the difficulty of Cantina Battles and the fact that I still have game modes to unlock after about a week or so of play. I'm starting to get more characters than I know what to do with though. Greedo, Biggs, Leia, farmboy Luke, Count Dooku (loving amazing card), like 3 Night sisters including a named..

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Idk why people are saying mabinogi is grindy, the arena prizes are decent. It's also quite a lot of fun unlike most f2p games and there isn't too much pay to win stuff.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Well it's good to know CivCrafter is basically cocaine.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

Well it's good to know CivCrafter is basically cocaine.

But it's an idle game that doesn't run up in the background.. I Uninstalled it just due to this fsct.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

pointsofdata posted:

Idk why people are saying mabinogi is grindy, the arena prizes are decent. It's also quite a lot of fun unlike most f2p games and there isn't too much pay to win stuff.

It takes a few days of play to get enough gems to get a single pack of cards, there's an arbitrary limit on playing the arena for some reason, the scenario missions are gimmicky, frustrating, and/or annoying, there is some clear imbalance in card power, and the only currency you can F2P grind in any sort of decent amount only purchases lovely single card packs.

Oh, and the interface is confusing, busy, and terrible. And the combat log doesn't actually tell you much. And the fan service is lazy to the point of offensive.

Edit: there's also basically no explanation to how most of the systems work. I played two days of arena (which locked out all of my good cards for the entire day for some reason) and earned like 40 gold and the lovely 10% off coupon for paying the total 250g in getting win points for the deck. Even though I won 8/10 of the games in varying streaks, it said I won 4 total games, so I have no idea what it counts. I guess ONLY the ghost wins? If so that's a ridiculous setup but I still am not sure because it's not explained.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 1, 2015

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Can someone suggest a cool match-3 game that goes a bit deeper?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

puschel posted:

Gems of War is pretty good and has teambuilding elements with different "cards" that grant different abilities, team bonuses, kingdom bonuses, etc. There's a thread for it here also. Pretty much Puzzle Quest.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

puschel posted:

The Dr who game has a nice little twist in that you can move the gem to wherever you want. Can set up some massive moves if you do it right.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

puschel posted:

Dungeon Raid
You Must Build A Boat

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
So in Seven Knights is there a way to get Elements reliably besides the Daily Dungeon? As that definitely sucks if not. I forgot that level 30+5 x2 is a random unit one star level higher, not the same, but I lucked out and got the Velika with dual AE attacks. So I've got her and Dark Yuri for 4* mages now which is nice. Also is there a goon guild or thread yet?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Nope. Daily dungeons are 95% of the elements you'll get. It's not so bad once you can reliably pull 3* from them. Use the once-daily lvl 40 7knight in your friends list if you're having trouble.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Locke Dunnegan posted:

It takes a few days of play to get enough gems to get a single pack of cards, there's an arbitrary limit on playing the arena for some reason, the scenario missions are gimmicky, frustrating, and/or annoying, there is some clear imbalance in card power, and the only currency you can F2P grind in any sort of decent amount only purchases lovely single card packs.

Oh, and the interface is confusing, busy, and terrible. And the combat log doesn't actually tell you much. And the fan service is lazy to the point of offensive.

Edit: there's also basically no explanation to how most of the systems work. I played two days of arena (which locked out all of my good cards for the entire day for some reason) and earned like 40 gold and the lovely 10% off coupon for paying the total 250g in getting win points for the deck. Even though I won 8/10 of the games in varying streaks, it said I won 4 total games, so I have no idea what it counts. I guess ONLY the ghost wins? If so that's a ridiculous setup but I still am not sure because it's not explained.

wall o' text about Mabinogi Duel incoming.

There are plenty of legitimate gripes there which are ymmv, but I will address what I can.

As a new player with no cards your primary source of more cards will be earning gold through the daily/draft quests (the opposing decks are terrible and even a half-decent deck cobbled together from starter pack and scenario rewards will roll over them), then spending 1k-ish gold on random draft arena continually rerolling until you get what could pass for a decent constructed deck. Doing this at the moment the arena opens and getting to around 5-10 ghost level will literally let you coast to gold rewards. If you reroll a really good deck and actually play it a fair amount, it's easy platinum. You can look at the top 10 decks after arena ends for some examples of good draft decks. Random draft arena restarts every day, so that's an easy pack+ per day.

You should only spend gold on single card packs when there is a bomb 4* or 3* and you have more than 10k gold in bank. Spending gold on random draft arena is a much better return.

The arena limits are there to prevent playing time from being the sole determinator of rank. Before the introduction of arena limits, literally one person (free to play, if you can believe it (which I can)) monopolized the number 1 spot in all three arenas by running ridiculously tuned time-efficient decks to out-gain everyone in points through pure playing time (...and high win-streak, but mostly playing time). And then they would change all the cards in their deck a few minutes before arenas closed to hide their tech, which is why you can't change your decks less than two hours before arenas close now. It's hamfisted and arbitrary, but there's at least a reason for it.

The scenario is pure gimmick puzzles in the sense that, if you figure out the gimmick it's easy, but if you can't then it's frustratingly obtuse. Either way, you can ignore the scenario without much consequence. Well, other than the Fire Wall reward that you can get midway through, but that's still only a 2*. People who have been playing since soft launch have like 20 of those and will literally give them away through trades. You get plenty of exp just from the roulette rewards playing arenas and quests. I mainly used it to time my stamina refreshes from levelup at opportune times.

There is indeed an imbalance in card power but that actually works in your favor. Card power is irrespective of rarity; Goblin Bomb Squad and Wild Boar are considered two of the strongest creatures in the game, and there was a time when multiples of both were auto-includes in Rookie Arena decks. Literally, every deck had two or more of both until the meta shifted around them. One is 1* in rarity and the other is 0*. There were a few more clearly overpowered cards in the past but they were nerfed, had their cost bumped up by one or power/toughness bumped down by one. Devcat is pretty diligent in their balance patches, so if a card is meta-warpingly unbalanced then the nerf hammer falls pretty fast afterwards. Doesn't happen much nowadays since the meta is pretty settled.

If you touch the gear at the top right and go to Rule Book, it explains the game mechanics.

Not sure about the win total discrepancy, maybe you were looking from the arenas screen, where it only shows the wins from one deck. Well whatever the case, wins are irrelevant, the only thing that matters to how high you place is points, which you get from both online and offline (ghost) wins. Unless you're in Pvp Arena, where there is no offline play and you also lose points if you lose. If you're in rookie arena then the majority of your points will come from ghost wins (because the average player sucks and will feed wins to a well-constructed deck). You get more points from higher ranked opponents and longer win streaks (and having your ghost break longer win streaks), so people play 10 wins every 12 hours to keep their ghost level at 10 the entire day, and do it as soon as possible (usually the moment arena opens after reset) so they rank up and get matched against similarly higher-ranked opponents.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DarciisFyer posted:

wall o' text about Mabinogi Duel incoming.

thanks for the :effort: post. the game is fun, but it seemed to me (naively) that it would be hard to actually get many cards without plunking down a bunch of cash. I'll have to try that arena mode, even though I know jack about the card sets and will probably crash and burn :rolleye:

e:

oh lol i need to gain a player level before accessing it anyway. i can open it early but it costs gems or some poo poo durrrr

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dungeon raid is really boss.. it's stayed in my rotation across like 4 phones.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I really like Mabinogi Duel but honestly if I had time to play it I'd just play Hearthstone instead.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
That Star Wars game isn't too bad so far; I sent invites to the ones posted in the thread, mine's 564-223-352

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

a shameful boehner posted:

Gems of War is pretty good and has teambuilding elements with different "cards" that grant different abilities, team bonuses, kingdom bonuses, etc. There's a thread for it here also. Pretty much Puzzle Quest.

It also can turn hypersperg if you are wanting to get into the guilds trying to get to the top of the ladder. The guild I am currently in is ranked 8th and has all sorts of crazy rules to ensure the guild continues going up the ladder.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

On 7knights as a new player all rubies should be going into unlocking masteries. Any extra rubies can be spent continuing on normal difficulty daily dungeon. It's not worth doing easy for it. Just spend the 20-30 rubies to continue and get yourself that 3*.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

tater_salad posted:

But it's an idle game that doesn't run up in the background.. I Uninstalled it just due to this fsct.

I hadn't noticed. I have ludicrous amounts of resources though, I'm only stopped from building thousands of things instead of a hundreds at a given moment.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Gave up on the star wars game when I blasted all my gems out on a 4pack and only got upgrades for my craptastic 1stars. It's def not a bad game though.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Gave up on the star wars game when I blasted all my gems out on a 4pack and only got upgrades for my craptastic 1stars. It's def not a bad game though.

Spend gems on refreshing stamina then spend stamina on getting gear. You can get shards from the cantina battles later on.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

tater_salad posted:

Dungeon raid is really boss.. it's stayed in my rotation across like 4 phones.

I'm mad because Dungeon Raid was a good game, but on my latest phone it does everything super slow. Not "bad performance" slow, but "filmed at 60fps and ran back at 24fps to make things seem bigger" slow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Characters come, believe me. And every 1 star can be upgraded to more stars. This isn't a game where you're going to reroll for an ultra rare 10 star whatever out of the gates. I haven't even SEEN an Arena opponent with anyone bigger than 4 and my rank is in the 1500's.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Star Wars players: Did your Cantina Battles get hosed up today? Mine is some Vader event called "Placeholder" and it has a 12 hour cooldown that I can't activate.. I can't do anything else. there and I have a shitton of Stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Star Wars players: Did your Cantina Battles get hosed up today? Mine is some Vader event called "Placeholder" and it has a 12 hour cooldown that I can't activate.. I can't do anything else. there and I have a shitton of Stamina.

I have had it for a few days already.
Someone said this.

"There's a workaround for the bug by choosing geonosian soldier and find his shard. This loads up the regular squad cantina although the special battle is probably worth doing for the extras. Also I take back some of the bad things I said about SW:Heroes. Buying packs is still a bad value but at least once you level up you unlock a lot of extra stuff to do. It felt like it really opened up with the squad cantina and pvp battles but I have a ways to go before I unlock galactic war."