Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Maybe yours do, peewee!

If your dick was big it wouldn't fit between your legs and so avoid getting crushed :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Even if closing your legs all the way was uncomfortable, it's not like you need to spread yourself way the gently caress out when sitting down. Christ. Manspreading isn't a new thing either, it's been a problem for at least a hundred years.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

Three lines in and I had an inkling this might be the dumbest poo poo I ever read then they got to the part with Gotye and I had 100% confirmation

The Gotye song is a direct criticism of the exact kind of attitude they're accusing him of! It's a breakup song (a la Adele, The Script, Ed Sheeran ) in which the woman interrupts the emotionally manipulative whining to call him an immature douchebag. We are not meant to be on his side.

How can they be this bad at interpreting the song?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

typical male posters exhibiting their disgusting misogyny by having to talk about their dicks at every opportunity, smh

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The Gotye song is a direct criticism of the exact kind of attitude they're accusing him of! It's a breakup song (a la Adele, The Script, Ed Sheeran ) in which the woman interrupts the emotionally manipulative whining to call him an immature douchebag. We are not meant to be on his side.

Don't you think that might be the reason why they used it as an example? :v:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

Even if closing your legs all the way was uncomfortable, it's not like you need to spread yourself way the gently caress out when sitting down. Christ. Manspreading isn't a new thing either, it's been a problem for at least a hundred years.

Everett true over compensates for his own insecurities on account of his physically abusive wife

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nothing says "I am a crazy person" like comments that say "I know what really going on SHEEPLE". I guess if people like him work for the Government all their lives, then yes, we should be scared of it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

At least he thinks gays and Muslims should be free :unsmith:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

someone on my fb linked to this http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/11/types-of-misogynistic-men/ and i'm in disbelief this is not an Onion article

#1 Manteruptors (Men who interrupt people in meetings are IMMEDIATELY MISOGYNISTS)
1) being attracted to an LGBT woman is oppressive
2) not being attracted to a fat woman is oppressive

what if there's a fat LGBT woman? WHAT DO I DO?!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah what if lol

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Almost every "manspreading" picture I've seen is of a dude on a mostly -empty bus or train, with plenty of empty seats around him.

Also why didn't that comic woman just whap those dudes? She has a nice big umbrella for Christ's sake. She had to have some fat goon stare some dudes down instead?

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Dec 1, 2015

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Scathach posted:

Almost every "manspreading" picture I've seen is of a dude on a mostly -empty bus or train, with plenty of empty seats around him.

Also why didn't that comic woman just whap those dudes? She has a nice big umbrella for Christ's sake. She had to have some fat goon stare some dudes down instead?

Pretty sure that got you the death penalty in the 19th century.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Remember these are the same type of people who thought Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" was about date rape.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

I sit like that on public transportation if it's pretty open cause its comfortable I mean what weirdo sits next to a stranger on a bus or on the subway if there are seats not next to them? But you are kind of a fucker if you're doing that in any sort of crowded area.

Also I already made fun of mr. True once in this thread I wouldn't push it

[Img]http://images2.villagevoice.com/imager/u/original/6634897/theoutburstsofeveretttrue.jpg[[/img]

He's basically the 1900s-1930s comic version of Reddit/imgur/goon STDH stories

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Dec 1, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

constantIllusion posted:

Remember these are the same type of people who thought Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" was about date rape.

It is.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

constantIllusion posted:

And the same kind of people that think the confederate flag symbolizes slavery.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Jesus Christ, guys. :yikes:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I just read the lyrics and it's about people who enjoy rough consensual sex

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

DicktheCat posted:

Jesus Christ, guys. :yikes:

Let's talk about instead this bakery that dared to create some unique pastry and somehow became a social media nightmare factory due to the current self-entitlement culture

http://says.com/my/news/much-ado-about-salted-egg-yolk-croissant-at-le-bread-days-ss2

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Let's talk about instead this bakery that dared to create some unique pastry and somehow became a social media nightmare factory due to the current self-entitlement culture

http://says.com/my/news/much-ado-about-salted-egg-yolk-croissant-at-le-bread-days-ss2

Hahahaha! Jesus that's sad/hilarious. I love it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ain't no bread worth waiting that many hours for.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

I used to work 2 mins down the road from that place, and I went there all the time. The staff are so lovely. They're all fairly young and inexperienced with the exception of the owner, and I get the feeling they're just not used to handling that many people: I was almost always the only person in there, and now it looks packed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want to pull a Tina Fey in 30 rock and buy every single one of them at once and just hand them out to people who aren't douchebags on the street

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I used to work 2 mins down the road from that place, and I went there all the time. The staff are so lovely. They're all fairly young and inexperienced with the exception of the owner, and I get the feeling they're just not used to handling that many people: I was almost always the only person in there, and now it looks packed.

This is the same panicky nonsense that happens every time someone comes out with a new pastry. The business simply does not have the capacity to produce as many as are wanted. If they wanted to, they could contract a large commercial bakery to produce them for them, however, the hype will die down soon enough and they wouldn't be as good as the hand-made ones.

The average consumer doesn't understand that baked goods don't make themselves and croissants take a fair amount of kitchen space and effort to make.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Aesop Poprock posted:

I sit like that on public transportation if it's pretty open cause its comfortable I mean what weirdo sits next to a stranger on a bus or on the subway if there are seats not next to them? But you are kind of a fucker if you're doing that in any sort of crowded area.

Also I already made fun of mr. True once in this thread I wouldn't push it

[timg]http://images2.villagevoice.com/imager/u/original/6634897/theoutburstsofeveretttrue.jpg[[/timg]

He's basically the 1900s-1930s comic version of Reddit/imgur/goon STDH stories

I'd like the phrase "Why in Thunder" to come back, its a really funny line.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

twistedmentat posted:

My favorite story about Wild Animus was

I kept seeing this as "Wild <plural of 'animu'>" and was so confused for a couple minutes.

What would a book about Wild Animu-s be about?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Handily, this can double as an I'd like to break up form. Just put the X on the right and the O on the left.

MsJoelBoxer
Aug 31, 2004

Your judicial opinions hypnotize me.

mostlygray posted:

The average consumer doesn't understand that baked goods don't make themselves and croissants take a fair amount of kitchen space and effort to make.

Done well, they're a two day process, and then filling with the salted yolk adds a whole new layer (hah) of complication to an already finicky pastry dough. I'm sure they'll eventually find a rhythm, but I can't imagine trying to coordinate that with massively high demand, and run the rest of an operation. Whew.

Whatever happened to "Do you like me? Y/N/Maybe" ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
This is the version for people who grew up physically but lot emotionally. It's the dark edgy reboot of do you like me notes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The only way that kind of whining over the pastries would be justified is if the bakery was selling them in advance. of serving. The people who are complaining endlessly about waiting in line for hours and not getting one really need to .... uh... let's go with "find something better to do with their time and energy," as a polite option.

I also quite enjoyed the recursion loop of "let's complain on facebook about the bakery asking customers to follow them on facebook because that's not a good solution for people who don't have facebook."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Haha what? People were mad that they didn't get a pastry some person recommended on the Internet so they ran online and left bad reviews of the business?

0/10 I WILL NEVER EAT THEIR AGAIN, IT WAS BAD AND I AM SO MADE THEY DIDNT HAVE THAT PASRY THING I WASNT EVEN AWARE OF UNTIL JUST THIS MORNING BUT FOR SOME REASON HADE TO EAT IMMEDIATELY

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Weatherman posted:

What would a book about Wild Animu-s be about?

a man, high on LSD (financed by his girlfriend), dresses up as a goat and jumps about in the snowy mountains of Alaska, then throws himself into a volcano being hunted down by imaginary wolves

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

a man, high on LSD (financed by his girlfriend), dresses up as a goat and jumps about in the snowy mountains of Alaska, then throws himself into a volcano being hunted down by imaginary wolves

That's what Wild Animus is about. Wild Animu-s would be about a man in his mid-30s, high on pocky (financed by his disappointed parents), dressing up as a Kill La Kill character jumping around the manga section of a Barnes and Noble, before being thrown out by security.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

:) feeling happy.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
This is art.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Some people get really angry really quick about cheese

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Otana posted:

:) feeling happy.

Tell him "Everyone in farming country says you are a loving idiot"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

swampland posted:

Some people get really angry really quick about cheese

I think it's more than Blue is doing the tumblr equivalent of "friendly reminder" to be a condescending shitlord, and Red went on the war path. Luckily, most of that last thing was c/p, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Man, what a bunch of entitled whiners. This is literally the hipster (or yuppie or whatever they're called now) version of when people stand in Walmart and scream at the employee that they should go check in the back for the item they want.