Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

Wilson and Tebow don't get any pussy and they still suck. Explain that, Christailures.

Married Wilson won a Super Bowl, divorced Wilson had one ripped away by divine intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Wilson and Tebow don't get any pussy and they still suck. Explain that, Christailures.

Pete Carroll has been asking too many questions

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Maybe its like that Seinfeld where Elaine was dating the jazz musician and she says they're hot and heavy, but then when he finds out it totally messes with his head and he sucks at jazz after that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sash! posted:

Maybe its like that Seinfeld where Elaine was dating the jazz musician and she says they're hot and heavy, but then when he finds out it totally messes with his head and he sucks at jazz after that.

I think you're missing the punchline of that episode, Sash.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think you're missing the punchline of that episode, Sash.

True story, I've seen that episode a million times because its one of the best and I'd literally never put that together !

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

The almighty does not want the Packers to be good because of Aaron Rodgers, but uh, the coaches share equal blame, I suppose. Look at the time. See ya.

:lol:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Married Wilson won a Super Bowl, divorced Wilson had one ripped away by divine intervention.

And Golden Tate became one of the most productive receivers in the nfl as well.

I guess the lesson here is that God loves alpha males. Want a promotion? Cuck your boss.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

And Golden Tate became one of the most productive receivers in the nfl as well.

I guess the lesson here is that God loves alpha males. Want a promotion? Cuck your boss.

"There is nothing on this earth sexier, believe me, gentlemen, than a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote 'em all, I say, 'cause this is true: if you haven't gotten a blowjob from a superior officer, well, you're just letting the best in life pass you by." - LIFE

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

N: Cam Newton rules https://twitter.com/NFL/status/665996062667091968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Bad V: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article45163665.html

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Hmmm... I think he's misreading the reason why God has removed His Blessing from Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Are we sure he wasn't trying to Heil Hitler instead of score a touchdown

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/never-seen-this-in-45-years.331987/

quote:

As long as I have watched college football.... I have never seen this:
FSU has the game won with 20 seconds to go in the 4th quarter.
They could have hiked the ball, took a knee and respectfully finished the game.
But no....they call a trick play purposely designed to score a touchdown.
I have NEVER... ever seen a team do that.
Even Alabama, who I can't stand....or Georgia.... would never do that.

The trick play is at 1:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOoFluDovg

quote:

I think we did it to Georgia under SOS.

That said, I have no issue with that (pretty typical for them actually) but with the fu--king Gator head. I honestly would send my players out to fight over that crap. IMO, the most classless act/tradition in all of major sports. You bring a prop, whose sole purpose is to taunt the opposing team's fans IF you win (it slinks out in the duffel bag if you lose). I mean, show me anything in any sport where something like that happens and there isn't a fight.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 1, 2015

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's a pretty lovely tradition to vandalize an opposing teams field, and I remember a few people I went to FSU with kinda understood the thought.

But lol at thinking sending kids out there to fight is the answer

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Let's see what people's expectations are in Athens for the new coach!

quote:

Not including SECG or bowls.

1) 10 wins. Beat UT and/or Turds plus Blech. Talent cupboard is not bare. '16 class is solid to great. D will be even better.
2) 11 wins. One slip allowed among Turds, Barn, UT
3) Win SECC. goto to the Big Dance. Win MNC
4) Repeat 3 above even if Eason leaves. Dawgs on a roll.
5) 9 wins. Reload but still beat Barn and Blech.

CMR had opportunities to do this in '07 & '08 but didn't / couldn't. If it was within reach then it certainly should be with a hot, new, HC now. If you include SECCG and bowls 10 wins should be the absolute minimum a very good HC should produce given the facilities, talent on hand, recruiting area.

quote:

Year 1: 11-2
Year 2: 12-1
Year 3: 12-0
Year 4: 10-2
Year 5: 11-2

Anything less no reason to change.

ugh

quote:

Agree if we are truly all in with Smart, I expect Bama results. I know UGA will have to buy some dodge chargers, Hummers, and Adderall but with that we should get some titles. They will have to reign in the police department, and change the drug policy so none of our players are suspended for drugs and booze. We will need to look the other way when a player beats a woman, but if we can do all of that we should expect a Natty 2 out of every 5 years. I have been jealous watching those Bama fans celebrate those Nattys and I am ready for our players to bring them back to Athens.

quote:

Y1: 8 wins min.
Y2: SEC Championship min. 1 loss season.
Y3: SEC E Champ 2 loss min.
Y4: SEC champ and NC playoff winner undeafted season.
Y5: 10 wins rebuilding year.
This should be the expectation for NC on day one. That was the reason given today by CMR as to why he was fired if so then new coach should have same standard.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
^^^^^
Can you help translate? I'm guessing:
Barn = Auburn or whomever Gary Barnett is coaching
Blech = GT (????)
Turds = Florida Gayturds

God rivals puns are the worst

How dare you run that trick play!!!!

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 1, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

Let's see what people's expectations are in Athens for the new coach!

quote:

Year 1: 11-2
Year 2: 12-1
Year 3: 12-0
Year 4: 10-2
Year 5: 11-2

Anything less no reason to change.

ugh

He's right, though.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

How dare you run that trick play!!!!

fixed the video link

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Dattserberg posted:

Can you help translate? I'm guessing:
Barn = Auburn
Blech = GT
Turds = Florida Gayturds

Yep.

The only thing on Rivals that might be worse is how they refer to coaches: CUM, CMR, CNS, etc.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress man why don't we get some dumb nickname?

vikingstrike posted:

Yep.

The only thing on Rivals that might be worse is how they refer to coaches: CUM, CMR, CNS, etc.

They do that on the 247 boards as well. It always gives me pause to figure out what CBJ means.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tenne-Peepee

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I love the "10 wins rebuilding year."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia fans are easily the worst. They are the Cinci of college. Haven't really won poo poo but are good enough they get overconfident.

I am loving the excuses as to why they aren't Bama tho lol

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of level headed Georgia fans but it's like Alabama or any SEC team. The vocal majority of the fanbase calls into Finebaum and writes death threats in broken English to the AD.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Horrible Football Posts From Other Forums: Beat UT and/or Turds plus Blech

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mods, please change my name to Turds plus Blech, tia

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

A lot of the media is on Gronk's side on this one [bogus OPI calls]. Which is a rarity considering he's a Patriot and the media (especially ESPN) likes to eviscerate the Pats any chance they get. This, along with Felger and Mazz taking his side, really shows how strong his case is in my mind.

:downs:

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

UMFarArcher posted:

That's Great! We Got a 9-10 Win Coach.

I could throw up.

Richt is about as flat as a sheet of plywood. Good coach, not real good.

CanetheGaytor posted:

Disappointed.
All the new school fans are celebrating this shyt. How far and fast the mighty have fallen, Arch.

These dudes don't have a clue!

9-10 wins yearly is their hope and dream.

They have been fully Goldenized.

That bytch Shalala got her wish.
lol

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

I'm not going to lie, I wanted the program to get out of my face after the disaster known as Al Golden. Then I was a little let down about the list of candidates. Right now, i'm pretty excited to see Mark Richt as the next Canes coach.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
News: Texas Monthly ran an article saying A&M should have played Tech in a bowl game

Views: Yep I've had enough. I called that trashy publication and demanded to speak with a customer representative since I used to pay to receive this garbage. I let the CSR have it by conveying the idea that most of the writers there have no place in modern journalism and are a disgrace to Texans. I nearly had her in tears as I was screaming for about 2 minutes strait. When i got her supervisor on the phone I feel I really made an impact there and got my subscription cancelled. I even got as far as having this issue price refunded back to my discover card. Good Riddance to Texas Monthly

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Isn't Texas Monthly actually like really well respected? I know I've read a lot of awesome longform stuff from them, I guess I didn't even know they wrote about sports.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

OctoberBlues posted:

Isn't Texas Monthly actually like really well respected? I know I've read a lot of awesome longform stuff from them, I guess I didn't even know they wrote about sports.

I would say they're pretty well respected. An institution, to be sure. They do indeed run a lot of longform articles, including real investigative journalism, which is increasingly rare these days. They catch a fair amount of heat because they are relatively progressive by Texas standards, they certainly aren't cheerleaders for the Ted Cruz/Rick Perry/Greg Abbott types who dominate our state government.

All of that is beside the point though. I'm just laughing at the guy who was bragging that he had screamed at a female customer service rep until she was on the verge of tears because an article published by her employer dared to suggest that the SEC does what they can to create favorable bowl matchups for their teams. Also, the dude is almost certainly full of poo poo and none of this ever happened. His cool internet fantasy version of himself is a guy who screams at women about sports until they cry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Let me give you just one small example.

A hotel I occasionally stay at for business is near a stadium, close enough that a year ago in the fall when I happened to have to go out on a game weekend, they raised their rates. How much higher? About 75%. That means the 14% room tax also goes up. And the hotel fills to capacity. That's just one hotel.

That said, I don't think they should get too many breaks to build these things. Only in instances where the neighborhood around them has turned to crap and they need to move well away from the black plague that attacks fans and breaks into their cars. Because the stadium didn't do that, the government let that happen.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
mm good, i ordered my basic example of economics with a side of obvious racism

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

quote:

Vontaze Buttfuck and the Cryin-assZ Bungles

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I believe you're looking for the Great Football Posts thread

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
He should have just done "Sin-Sin-atti" or some other derivative. He almost had it, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Vongayze Buttfuck too. Guy got too much into his own head.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
VonGayze Buttfuck is kind of like a double negative type situation, as PFTcommenter would say if you get called gay twice you aren't gay at all, maybe VonTard Buttfuck instead?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Vongayze Turdfict?

Edit: why are we doing this, I feel dumber doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Spoeank posted:

Vongayze Turdfict?