Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
And so we were all permabanned after Lowtax got a visit from the RCMP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Cultural Imperial posted:

Keep shilling and maybe bunnyofdoom will also fellate you

Keep making GBS threads and maybe you'll be able to fellate yourself

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

vyelkin posted:

It's amazing how easily conservatives in the West fall for propaganda, whether produced by their own media or even the media of countries seen as their enemies. Putin's macho man image is a constructed facade to mask his own personal weaknesses because in Russia he's seen as effeminate due to his short stature and high-pitched voice. Hell, most Russians don't even fall for the image of Putin as basically a wrestler, but North American conservatives eat it up. Same with ISIS, their propaganda about how the West and Islam are incompatible and refugees could be terrorists in disguise and they're going to strike in Western capitals until the West invades them wouldn't be out of place on Fox News or the Sun.
They always were duped by the strongman branding and they always secretly liked Putin because of it, but they kept their mouths shut about it while Harper was still around reminding them that Russians are the bad guys. Not so much anymore.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

THC posted:

They always were duped by the strongman branding and they always secretly liked Putin because of it, but they kept their mouths shut about it while Harper was still around reminding them that Russians are the bad guys. Not so much anymore.

What's amazing about Putin is that he has a western cult on both sides. There's a lot of low-info "radical left" who love Putin because Putin is an enemy of the west and the west = evil neoliberal colonialism thus putin is good standing up to US and capitalist hegemony!

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Constant Hamprince posted:

There's an almost complete absence of academic studies on the issue, but anecdotes of corruption on reserves are so widespread that it's difficult to dismiss as just a racist myth.

But what the hell, might as well throw some more anecdotes on the pile...

I have friends, family, and colleagues on coastal reservations but my knowledge doesn't extend inland past Hope. I'm not convinced that most of the corruption stories aren't the result of village political infighting and individuals taking advantage of situations to enrich themselves, similar to what you see with a small town mayor focusing on tourism aka driving business to his lodge. This is known as being a sharp businessman in some circles or a corrupt oligarch in others.

I do know of one case that was your typical developer -> kickback-to-politicians scenario; people went to jail and a new band counsel was elected.

Tracking federal program money has been a big problem. The programs are a treaty obligation but band members might not be arsed to take care of the mountain of paperwork that goes along with it. There can also be pushback from those taking the position that as a sovereign nation they have the right to tell federal bureaucrats to pound sand when they come asking for receipts. Doesn't mean the program isn't being delivered, but who knows?

Internal politics can be quite vicious in these groups. Typical rural situation - there's drat few to fight with so you have to fight with your neighbours/cousins. Couple that with the hereditary power hierarchy coastal groups had and some of the historical disruptions over the last couple of centuries and you have a prime opportunity for sociopaths to blossom. Like our late, unlamented PM though they aren't necessarily corrupt, just complete bullying arseholes. The opposition though is going to scream corruption at every opportunity, along with other grievances.

Some of these internal divisions go back to the smallpox plagues and the colonial powers abolishing slavery. In Haida Gwaii the nobles stayed in one village and the slaves moved north, and God help us if one of those northerners has an opinion now. Decimated is the wrong word for what happened during the plagues. Villages would have been doing well if they'd only lost every tenth person. Some lost up to 90% and the survivors ended up moving in with related villages but there's still a problem with "that person isn't the right flavour of _____". I think some members of Jody Wilson's family might have run into this since they were originally in Kynoc Inlet and moved down to Bella Bella.

Older than that are the bad feelings still hanging around from the days of murder, rape, pillage, and slavery, all of which were very much a Thing on this coast. You can't trust that group because a hundred years ago they ambushed a boatload of our people in that channel and murdered them all. That intense distrust is still there, although intermarriage and economic development is reducing this somewhat. I have hope that eventually the fact that the Heiltsuk's ancestors murdered 400 distant relatives on a small island off Ladysmith will be no more relevant that what the Macdonalds did to some of my Scottish ancestors.

tl;dr: Humans suck. Get back to me when the Fords, all of Quebec's construction industry, and 95% of their municipal politicians are in jail.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
There's a lot of people, of all ages, who still aren't able to understand that Russia is a gang-run failing/failed state with nuclear weapons and no economy, but rather think this is still the 1950's and the full might of the USSR is just lying dormant in Siberia. :shrug:

I blame the US for building up the mythos of Russia during the cold war, frankly. In the popular consciousness they are no longer a contemporary country but romanticized in a similar way as, say, Rome or Nazi Germany.

Rime fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 1, 2015

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Cultural Imperial posted:

Keep shilling and maybe bunnyofdoom will also fellate you

Buy me dinner first sweetheart.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Hmm yes of only you treated your constituents to dinner before humiliating then online for the 'lulz'

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

You are adorable.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Baronjutter posted:

What's amazing about Putin is that he has a western cult on both sides. There's a lot of low-info "radical left" who love Putin because Putin is an enemy of the west and the west = evil neoliberal colonialism thus putin is good standing up to US and capitalist hegemony!

what, really? He's a corporatiste oligarchical authoritarian, he's basically a krystal nacht equivalent from being a full blown Nazi. gently caress me, any 'leftist' praising him should be first against the wall.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

what, really? He's a corporatiste oligarchical authoritarian, he's basically a krystal nacht equivalent from being a full blown Nazi. gently caress me, any 'leftist' praising him should be first against the wall.

So, Carlos Latuff?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Gay isn't illegal in Russia! It's not that bad! They just aren't allowed to be gay in public, where kids might see. Perfectly fine, right?!!

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 2, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Melian Dialogue posted:

Jesus christ, this is so true. His recent stunt in the Middle East has gotten Putin all of the rage across social media, but its part of their strategic communications strategy (look at Russia Today and the amount of leftist-appealing stories they have, hell I had a Poli Sci professor in University show us a video from RT about some American conspiracy theory about posse comitatus). See, Putin is a "badass" who is actually "doing something" about ISIS (except for the fact that 95% of the bombing runs are targeting non-ISIS groups) while the West's liberal cowards refuse to do anything but send hugs and kisses.

Its one big circle jerk of insecure manchildren who think that by riding a horse shirtless one time and then razing a city to the ground with dozens of strategic bombers dumping dumb bombs for no other reason than to seek "revenge" over the shootings in Paris is somehow "badass"

Also Ukraine has been taken over by NATO sponsored Fascists so all true leftists and progressives should be cheering on Russia liberating the country.
Putin is really really popular with a lot of old school radical left who think it's still the 60's. Basically all the left wing german political parties and groups for instance are hard core putin/russia apologists for instance. They never of course talk about why russia is good, it's only why the US is bad.

Why do I support putin? Let me tell you about all the civilian deaths the US caused in their illegal war for oil in iraq! Let me rant about neo-liberalism and corporate colonialism! The US is racist! This is why we must support Putin!

I'm not even making poo poo up or exaggerating in any way, huge leftist groups all over the world cheer for or at least bend over backwards to apologize or downplay anything Russia/Putin does. RT plays to these groups really well, constantly running conspiracy theories as news stories, painting Russia as the lone voice on the world stage that can stand up to the neo-liberal conspiracy. They don't even have to say why russia is better, just that the US/West is bad thus the opposing side must be better.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

One of my CompSci profs made us watch a Jesse Ventura video :ughh:

"Pretty out-there but he makes a lot of good points! It's good to hear from all perspectives, just something for you guys to think about~"

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 2, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I had some pretty amazing computer science profs who inspired me to explore and learn about a number of subjects that I really enjoyed :shrug:

Coylter
Aug 3, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Also Ukraine has been taken over by NATO sponsored Fascists so all true leftists and progressives should be cheering on Russia liberating the country.
Putin is really really popular with a lot of old school radical left who think it's still the 60's. Basically all the left wing german political parties and groups for instance are hard core putin/russia apologists for instance. They never of course talk about why russia is good, it's only why the US is bad.

Why do I support putin? Let me tell you about all the civilian deaths the US caused in their illegal war for oil in iraq! Let me rant about neo-liberalism and corporate colonialism! The US is racist! This is why we must support Putin!

I'm not even making poo poo up or exaggerating in any way, huge leftist groups all over the world cheer for or at least bend over backwards to apologize or downplay anything Russia/Putin does. RT plays to these groups really well, constantly running conspiracy theories as news stories, painting Russia as the lone voice on the world stage that can stand up to the neo-liberal conspiracy. They don't even have to say why russia is better, just that the US/West is bad thus the opposing side must be better.

I just can't shake the feeling that most of that sentiment online is fostered by aggressive Russian PR offensives on social media sites. They might even surpass Israel on that front since it's so easy for them to get a bunch of (i like the term) "low-information" liberals white knighting them.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

THC posted:

One of my CompSci profs made us watch a Jesse Ventura video :ughh:

"Pretty out-there but he makes a lot of good points! It's good to hear from all perspectives, just something for you guys to think about~"

Was it Predator? He makes some pretty good points about Tyrannosaurus in that movie.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
gently caress computer science you guys go to bcit instead

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I had some really pretty good profs but that guy was something else. He was obsessed with conspiracy theories, said we shouldn't take climate science seriously because computer models are sometimes bad, claimed to have worked for the JPL and that he once met Ronald Reagan. Entertaining but generally pretty unpleasant.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

cowofwar posted:

People recently like Putin because he took a dump on refugees and told them that Russia doesn't need them etc.

Isn't Russia going through a massive depopulation after decades of a sub-replacement birth rate? Seems like they could use all the young people they could get their hands on.

But even more importantly: Putin may be project himself as a shirtless cowboy bear wrestler, but is Justin Trudeau the only world leader with a tattoo?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

THC posted:

I had some really pretty good profs but that guy was something else. He was obsessed with conspiracy theories, said we shouldn't take climate science seriously because computer models are sometimes bad, claimed to have worked for the JPL and that he once met Ronald Reagan. Entertaining but generally pretty unpleasant.

I am 95% confident you are referring to Pearce.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

tagesschau posted:

Why does OPSEU want Patrick Brown to be premier? :confused:

He's all worked up about Bill 109. I'm with Wynne on this one. You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your union.

http://nupge.ca/content/12389/opseu-condemns-proposed-labour-law-changes-calls-all-unions-fight-back posted:

Merger votes occur when two or more unions represent employees working for a single employer. The employer can make an application to the Ontario Labour Relations Board to have the employees decide which of the competing unions should represent them.

Under the proposed bill, no merger vote would be required if one of the unions already represents more than 60 per cent of the workforce.

Thomas said the proposed change doesn’t take into account the fact that while one union may be able to sign up a majority of workers through an organizing drive, it doesn’t mean that same union enjoys either a superior collective agreement or is better able to enforce the contract.

“In a merger vote, workers should be entitled to judge each union on their own merits,” said the OPSEU President. “Bill 109 rewards one union for having signed up the most members compared to the other union. It doesn’t allow for members to decide for themselves which is the stronger union with respect to negotiating, or enforcing, a good collective agreement. The proposed legislation snatches away that entitlement.”

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Coolwhoami posted:

Yeah, him. I had some v good profs though, one of them made us work in a team for the whole semester because being able to communicate and work with others is way more important IRL than "beep boop best algorithm". He strongly encouraged people to take non-STEM electives. The week Jobs died he gave us a big rant about how labour built those products and gets almost no credit (or monetary compensation for that matter)

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

THC posted:

Yeah, him. I had some v good profs though, one of them made us work in a team for the whole semester because being able to communicate and work with others is way more important IRL than "beep boop best algorithm". He strongly encouraged people to take non-STEM electives. The week Jobs died he gave us a big rant about how labour built those products and gets almost no credit (or monetary compensation for that matter)

Heh. He's changed his mind on the climate change thing, and if you get to know him you learn quickly he likes conspiracy stuff because how far out they can go. Great guy to get beers with.

Ikantski posted:

He's all worked up about Bill 109. I'm with Wynne on this one. You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your union.

This can't be abused at all!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

LIVES IN A MANSION FOR FREE..... Harper paid taxes? Apparently he let it all go to hell?

Also, arent tax payers paying his income anyways?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
tbf with a salary of $33,000 a year he can't afford nannies

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
-e- Nvm I feel dumb

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Coolwhoami posted:

Heh. He's changed his mind on the climate change thing, and if you get to know him you learn quickly he likes conspiracy stuff because how far out they can go. Great guy to get beers with.
Is he still concerned about the "feminization of education"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I Spent the Day with Albertan Conservatives Who Think We Are ‘Generation Screwed’

quote:

Generation Screwed, a nine-hour conference organized by the Canadian Taxpayer Federation intended "to inform and mobilize young Canadians who want to save their economic future." While trudging through Calgary's lovely excuse for a winter on my way to catch an even shittier excuse for public transit, I considered what it might mean to be a member of "Generation Screwed." Perhaps it had to do with the rabid planned obsolescence that denied my phone's battery the ability to simultaneously listen to Grimes and send a text to my mom. Or maybe it referenced the fact that, like most of my friends, I've never held a salaried position longer than a few months. Could Generation Screwed be a shout-out to catastrophic climate change that will very likely destroy any semblance of ordered life by the end of the century? I had to find out.
[...]
Of the 120 or so participants—constituting a sold-out crowd, according to the organizer who strolled around in a red Donald Trump-inspired "Make Alberta Debt-Free Again" ball cap that I absolutely would have bought if it wasn't $20—it seemed that maybe a dozen belonged in the college-aged bracket. Only two of the dozens of white men who asked questions throughout the course of the day were under the age of 30. One of those two was a student who lamented about "liberal garbage" at universities and how he felt he was "going against the grain" and was often degraded and insulted for being a conservative and how he feared that other students of a similar ideological disposition will have their degrees stripped if they don't "toe the line." So at least there was some young talent on the rise for the performance art collective that is the Wildrose Party to tap.

The event's Twitter hashtag, #gscalgary, was used a mere 40 times throughout the day. A lonely three tweets coming from people not directly involved in organizing or speaking or covering it for Ezra Levant's TheRebel.media. The very first older gentleman to ask a question requested a "young person" to fix the mic, which required a switch being turned from "off" to "on." A Mount Royal nursing student Snapchatted my sweater during a break and noted she expected there to be far more young people at the event given its title and supposed mandate. Speakers nevertheless insisted there were "a lot" of young people in the room. The speakers themselves were exclusively white; only three of the 17 were women. The precise demographic of Generation Screwed was thus tricky to define without resorting to obvious phrases like "Aryan" and "ancient" and "penile."

The subject matter was just as uniform. I attempted to keep a count of how many times Ralph Klein's limp carcass was metaphorically circle-jerked, but lost count after a dozen name drops within the opening hour. Debt was almost immediately classified as "immoral and unethical." The province's new climate change policy framework was consistently described as a "cash grab." Rob Breakenridge—a local radio host who very awkwardly made a Wu-Tang reference and paraphrased the subsequent rhyme as "inappropriate language about bodies outlined in chalk"—suggested the NDP have no plan to pay back the debt and that even if interest rates were zero (which they basically are) we'd still be passing on liabilities to our children. This point confused me as I then wasn't sure if the screwed generation was mine or my children, of which I have none and plan to have none. Flanagan reminisced about the good old days when he washed dishes for $0.75 an hour and moved to working in a grocery story for $1.12 an hour although he admitted he was living at home at the time and his father paid most of the bills.
[...]
Such rhetoric largely underscored the essence of the conference: there was no dissent, no desire to understand what or why the opposition believes what they do, no intent to find out if there were potentially other interpretations of what it meant to be a member of screwed generation like incarcerated Indigenous youth or maybe homeless trans teens. Two consecutive speakers later asked everyone who supports oil and gas to raise their hands. All attendees in the room raised their hand, as if the debate over the energy sector's incredibly positive aspects (cheap energy, plentiful jobs) and tremendously harmful aspects (greenhouse gases, rapid inflation) could be reduced to such overtly didactic terms.

After lunch, Fildebrandt—the Wildrose MLA and petulant child of a finance critic—strutted to the stage. He immediately suggested there might be a hidden NDP camera in the crowd while looking in my direction, and pompously stated that he made up the "Make Alberta Debt-Free Again" slogan featured on the red hats and thus deserved royalties, something the crowd seemed to have trouble reading as a joke. He rounded out his rambly anti-NDP sermon by dubbing the government's fiscal approach "voodoo economic theories" and representative of "socialist zeal" and that "it's time for conservatives to stop apologizing for conservatism." I racked my brain for the last time that a conservative apologized for being a conservative.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 1, 2015

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Baronjutter posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about those types. From what I've seen it goes back to the fact that RT is one of a few mainstream news outlets that covered Occupy in the way its supporters wanted it to be covered. Of course, that was mostly because RT likes to portray the US in the worst light possible, but broken clock and all that. From there it grew into "the West are racist fascist colonial corporate nazis and Russia opposes them so Russia must be good :downs:"

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

I know exactly what you mean and deal with it from my parents constantly. On the other hand, a lot of the anti-Russian/Putin sentiment I see is also annoying and excessive. The "US is bad argument" makes sense up until a fine point; if you criticize Russia for action x, then the US doing action x all the time makes them as bad or worse. At least that's how it starts. However there is very rarely any nuance here; in actual discussions its basically either Russia is always right or Russia is always wrong.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Count Roland posted:

I know exactly what you mean and deal with it from my parents constantly. On the other hand, a lot of the anti-Russian/Putin sentiment I see is also annoying and excessive. The "US is bad argument" makes sense up until a fine point; if you criticize Russia for action x, then the US doing action x all the time makes them as bad or worse. At least that's how it starts. However there is very rarely any nuance here; in actual discussions its basically either Russia is always right or Russia is always wrong.

Putin is the dick in the "dicks, pussies and assholes" speech from Team America: World Police at the moment. That's why people admire him/Russia at the moment; no other reason.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Vintersorg posted:

LIVES IN A MANSION FOR FREE..... Harper paid taxes? Apparently he let it all go to hell?

I dunno, sounds like job creation for two people to me. Should have had this during the Harper regime so we could have avoided the national embarrassment of under-age alcohol poisoning at 24 Sussex.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

He only makes $33 000 per year? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit no wonder he needs those nannies, he's probably holding a second job at Timmies. :smith:

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Constant Hamprince posted:

What I meant is that the government shouldn't impose a change in the system on native peoples (and won't, because it doesn't care). I think the increase in engagement among first nations people that we saw during the latest federal election is a step in the right direction. It's the government's fault that things are the way it is and I don't think it's the victim's 'responsibility' to push for change, but it's something that people need to agitate for if systemic change is going to happen.

Actually the government did impose a change on the governance system of First Nations recently (and has many times in the past). It was called the First Nations Financial Transparency Act and was passed in 2012. The bill was championed by the Canadian Taxpayers Foundation and the CPC, and relied on racist imagery of corrupt chiefs to impose stricter auditing standards on First Nations communities than any Canadian community. The general idea was that the problems on reserves are due to corruption, rather than long term government underfunding and broken treaty obligations. The Transparency Act was widely opposed by First Nations communities, as they already face strict auditing rules, and yet the government passed it anyway. In fact the government passed a number of bills (housing, education) that directly changed the way First Nations communities operated that were all opposed by the actual communities. This despite the Canadian government having a treaty obligation to consult with First Nations.

That you insist on holding onto a negative stereotype of a minority group without definitive evidence that it is incorrect is pretty much what racism is. It doesn't have to be malicious. Most of the anecdotes your thinking of likely come from the campaign in support of the Transparency Act (and were largely manufactured or spun by either the CPC or the CTF.

But anyway, for some data. The average salary for an elected First Nations representative is $36,000

quote:

While any abuse or misspending is wrong, with 3,297 First Nation elected officials in Canada, it must be pointed out that this is absolutely not the norm as the CTF would suggest. The vast majority of First Nation elected officials are simply trying to earn a decent standard of living – just like most Canadians – and working very hard in the process. Rather than acknowledge this, the CTF issued its release relying upon the following opening statement:

“The numbers confirm what we’ve been saying all along…Many reserve politicians are paying themselves exorbitant salaries while keeping their band members and taxpayers in the dark.”

And what is an “exorbitant” salary? According to the Government of Canada, the average salary of working Canadians is $46,345. Comparatively, First Nation elected officials earn an average salary of $36,8453
– a discrepancy of almost $10,000.

Second, the Auditor General found that First Nations governments in Canada already face some of the most onerous financial auditing rules in the world.

quote:

In 2002, we looked at the amount of reporting required of First Nations by federal organizations. We estimated that four federal organizations together required about 168 reports annually from each First Nations reserve. We found that many of the reports were unnecessary and were not in fact used by the federal organizations. We followed up on this issue in 2006. At that time, we found that federal departments had made little progress on meeting our recommendations to reduce reporting requirements. In our 2006 follow-up audit, we reported that INAC’s officials told us that the Department obtained more than 60,000 reports a year from over 600 First Nations communities. The Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat analyzed the extent of federal involvement with First Nations and confirmed the seriousness of the problem we had identified in 2002.

168 reports a year! And nobody in the government reads them.

All this data is available to members of any reserve.

The argument that you are making, that positive change in First Nations communities is prevented by corruption is wrong and is driven by racism. The federal government has not been providing enough funding for these communities to build and maintain infrastructure, to provide education, to provide clean water. The government has a vested interest in turning the blame on First Nations themselves, which is exactly why bills like the First Nations Transparency Act get introduced. And the Canadian public is all too willing to buy in. "We can't give them anymore money, they'll just waste it". "They need to agitate for change from within before any change will come, until then more money won't help".

It's racist, and you need to admit that, if only to yourself. The problem isn't corruption, it's under funding, and only the government of Canada can solve the funding problem.

e: also there are 617 reserves in Canada, so unless you have a hell of a lot of anecdotes it is pretty ridiculous to make any claims about First Nations in general. Almost like it would be stereotyping to do so.

Duck Rodgers fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 2, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Coolwhoami posted:

:lol: sup fellow SFU goer

Pearce once called the entirety of the tech-support staff at the downtown campus assholes over their shared radios inadvertently

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Apologies for dissapearing midway through a huge discussion I helped to instigate but I've been a bit swamped with work recently. I just wanted to check in and assure people I'll be back and posting long, verbose walls of text any day now.

As a CI fan who hasn't enjoyed his 2014-2015 output as much I feel like I need to take a moment to say after reading through the last few pages that it's nice to see Cultural Imperial back in fighting form, ramming home the hard truths our Maple Syrup-sodden brains don't want to accept.

I know some of you find him hard to take sometimes. My advice is that you just imagine everything he posts is being spoken by Matthew McConaughey in True Detective:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Debate & Discussion: The Problem AtticCanadian Politics: I'm kinda jacking off at the prospect of you being financially ruined tbh... Canadians are human garbage.