Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only hard part in Void Ark is the 2nd to last boss - don't stand in front of him when he does his vomit attack. That usually ends up causing a wipe if enough people die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
For the first boss, if an add comes out and starts casting an attack on you, get up close to it in case it doesn't die in time or else you'll take out everybody between you and the add

For the second boss, when the tree in the middle suddenly has a shield, get behind it so that it's between you and the flower lizard thing

For the third boss, a lot of its attacks don't have indicators so keep it on focus target and look up occasionally

As long as you've got enough situational awareness to figure out what ground markers you should or shouldn't be standing in, Void Ark is fine to do blind

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I really, really miss being able to do CT on a regular basis. I guess it's still possible, but you've gotta wait for 23 other people to queue for it with the right jobs, and that takes an eternity. They made the Onion Knight and Cloud of Darkness minions 100% drops for all three alliance parties, but not too many people are actually going to see them unless they add more incentive to do them. I miss those dungeons... they're fun. And old content, but old content I wanna do more of. :smith:

Void Ark is neat but I don't like the feel of it nearly as much as CT. Hoping the next two 24-man raids are more interesting aesthetically, but if they're going for the Mhachi eldritch abomination theme the whole time, I don't know what to expect.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Using whatever the ACT equivalent was in FFXI to change the zone music to this one everywhere really made grinding XP more peaceful. Probably my favorite track from XI (really fun to play on the guitar as well!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TnSMXcp2Hg

e: also looking at the artwork on that video they really made the playable races look a lot less...cartoony I guess? for XIV. Those faces...at least in-game the graphics were bad enough that you couldn't tell, but that image is creepy especially the Tarutaru

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Also, we've got a few new people here, so I'm going to drop my recruitment code:

9CU22R9Q

For those that don't know, there's a friend recruitment campaign for XIV. If you join in, you can get some nice bonus items: nice low level equipment from the first few dungeons that looks neat, higher level ~120 items that are nice to have, rare chocobo mounts, etc. This website explains it in much further detail, but essentially, if you're a new player, you have no reason not to do it. You and the invitee get cool items in the process.

Sorry if there's a specific place to put friend codes; I looked around here and on FFGoons, but didn't see anything. If there's a better spot for that, please let me know. I really want a chance at the Twintania mount though :ohdear:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The Grimace posted:

I really, really miss being able to do CT on a regular basis. I guess it's still possible, but you've gotta wait for 23 other people to queue for it with the right jobs, and that takes an eternity. They made the Onion Knight and Cloud of Darkness minions 100% drops for all three alliance parties, but not too many people are actually going to see them unless they add more incentive to do them. I miss those dungeons... they're fun. And old content, but old content I wanna do more of. :smith:

Void Ark is neat but I don't like the feel of it nearly as much as CT. Hoping the next two 24-man raids are more interesting aesthetically, but if they're going for the Mhachi eldritch abomination theme the whole time, I don't know what to expect.

Yeah. I'd like to see a 24-man daily roulette for CT set up like lv50 dr: Get exp and poetics for sub-60 and law/eso for 60's. I'd still do them if the queues weren't awful but besides minions and glamors there really isn't any drive to get people to do 'em. I wouldn't object to a retuning either so you can't just power through all the mechanics. It would be CT2 without wipes because people can't place the Clockwork Squires correctly! :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd love to run CT a little more often to get some glamour gear gear there. The WoD gear looks rad as hell.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

The Grimace posted:

Sorry if there's a specific place to put friend codes; I looked around here and on FFGoons, but didn't see anything. If there's a better spot for that, please let me know. I really want a chance at the Twintania mount though :ohdear:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726688&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Belzac posted:

Just put someone on follow and play another game while you do Void Ark.

Belzac posted:

Do you guys not have programs that play music for you?

More quality posts from thread World First superstar Belzac

keep em coming bud we're all looking forward to your valuable contributions

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

FF12 is a good game

Can anyone who who thinks this have any valid opinion on anything?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Niton posted:

they play Steel Reason
Well there goes £7, opened up mogstation before I even finished reading this post.

Someone else in my LS got the White Devil and I think we just formed a Sentai team.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 1, 2015

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Belzac posted:

I'm sorry let me act like you and just endlessly poo poo on everything everywhere

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FFXI was the pioneer in Tumblr Nose.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
This guy is so mad I made fun of him for modding his game rather than just loading up an mp3.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

ah, private game servers. Okay, thanks

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

e: gently caress it, what a waste of time it is arguing with a known shithead who is legendary across 3 FCs for his terrible opinions on everything

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 1, 2015

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Belzac posted:

This guy is so mad I made fun of him for modding his game rather than just loading up an mp3.

you're usually bad but not this bad, tone it down a few notches

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
You're the idiot who died on a hill defending Diadem. Why can't you accept that people have different opinions than you and don't like things you like?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Belzac posted:

To be fair its better than XIII. :cheeky:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Belzac posted:

You're the idiot who died on a hill defending Diadem. Why can't you accept that people have different opinions than you and don't like things you like?

Belzac posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

e: also I started out defending Diadem but GASP actually read differing opinions and changed my stance based on evidence presented. Shocking, I know.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Zaphod42 posted:

To be fair its better than XIII. :cheeky:

This is fair.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Is this guy for real? Hey, stop getting mad as gently caress on this thread. If something that I can write in a sentence in a poo poo post can grind your gears this much you're taking internet posting too seriously.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Using whatever the ACT equivalent was in FFXI to change the zone music to this one everywhere really made grinding XP more peaceful. Probably my favorite track from XI (really fun to play on the guitar as well!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TnSMXcp2Hg

No love for Distant Worlds? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asz9kyoLDPI Its kinda goofy looking back, but I loved how they made the main musical motif, Memora da la s^tono, part of the actual world.

Also the XI event quest used another favorite Recollection. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2U6x2yj3GM

Soken does boss battle music amazingly, but the ambient game music of XIV never really caught me the same way as XI's did. Granted that might be because of how terrible a game XI was so you would have the music burned into your very soul by the end of it so... :v:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Belzac posted:

Is this guy for real? Hey, stop getting mad as gently caress on this thread. If something that I can write in a sentence in a poo poo post can grind your gears this much you're taking internet posting too seriously.

"u mad?"

good one bro, sorry you have no real answer for calling my opinions poo poo and then defending peoples' rights to differing opinions

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Belzac posted:

You're kinda doing the same exact thing to him though.

:munch:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The difference is I have the sense to click ignore user.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

And yet here you are still talking about me

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

diadum tho

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hi there FFXIV thread. Nobody cares about your stupid little slapfights. Please stop doing that and also post better, thanks.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Here. Instead of engaging in lovely arguments on this Internet forum, please enjoy this excerpt from a lovely argument on a different Internet forum.

quote:

Since I am unaware of the actual realities in every situation, I can hardly say anything other than perceived realities. I can say that I am aware of the realities in a number of cases, and their fears were quite justified by reality, not simply perception. You also have to consider that fear can be a learned behavior based on a previous negative experience of actual events, which may predispose a person to fear similar situations in the future.

Also, I said perceived reality because every experience and feeling we have in life is based on our perception of what happens around us. My perceived reality can be the sun rising in the morning because I perceive the warmth of it's light. Of course the sun is in fact rising casting the warm light, so it's both reality and my perceived reality. You can use wordplay to quibble with how someone feels, but at the end of the day, when you tell someone to stop fearing something because it's a baseless fear based on their perception, not only are you telling that person how to think, but you're also implying that their perception is skewed.

As for the original point of the topic, personal parsers have limited scope for abuse, and personally I'm neither for nor against them.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
That's a lot of pointless off-topic words to basically say "whatever".

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I want to know what version of WOW (it's always WOW they bring up) they're playing where every dungeon group is like a russian roulette of "will i get horribly abused for being only 50% of the theoretical max DPS for my job and possibly ilvl" because I've never once seen it happen.

Like wow has a really bad playerbase, but this scenario they keep bringing up is borderline nonexistant. And it already happens anyway, it's just based off some retards idea of if you're doing well enough or not, instead of a parser saying you really are only doing 5% of what you could be.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

megalodong posted:

I want to know what version of WOW (it's always WOW they bring up) they're playing where every dungeon group is like a russian roulette of "will i get horribly abused for being only 50% of the theoretical max DPS for my job and possibly ilvl" because I've never once seen it happen.

Like wow has a really bad playerbase, but this scenario they keep bringing up is borderline nonexistant. And it already happens anyway, it's just based off some retards idea of if you're doing well enough or not, instead of a parser saying you really are only doing 5% of what you could be.

Dungeons and dungeon finder raids are so baby easy these days I can't imagine that. You're lucky if everybody on your team has a pulse, but its not necessary.

Heroic dungeons... even then not really.

In a guild raid I could see that happening for sure if you were in a guild of assholes.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

megalodong posted:

It's shocking that people addicted to a mmo might have social anxiety to the point of being delusional.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
I'm coming back after not playing since launch. I know I'm going to be overwhelmed. Is there a place in game I can catch up on story? And maybe, can anyone help me figure out what the hell all these buttons do?

Edit: I'm like level 33, if that counts for anything.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CrusherEAGLE posted:

I'm coming back after not playing since launch. I know I'm going to be overwhelmed. Is there a place in game I can catch up on story? And maybe, can anyone help me figure out what the hell all these buttons do?

Edit: I'm like level 33, if that counts for anything.

Which job do you play? Go to the ffgoons site and read the post on that job for the basics of how to play that job, that'll teach you what the buttons do. If you don't have an account for that forum just read through them each one at a time and think about when to use what, IDK.

I'm not sure if there's a place to catch up on story, you might be able to view cutscenes in the inn or something? We can just give you a quick summary if you want, not toooo much has happened that's super critical for the long narrative by level 30, a few major things.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

Zaphod42 posted:

Which job do you play? Go to the ffgoons site and read the post on that job for the basics of how to play that job, that'll teach you what the buttons do. If you don't have an account for that forum just read through them each one at a time and think about when to use what, IDK.

I'm not sure if there's a place to catch up on story, you might be able to view cutscenes in the inn or something? We can just give you a quick summary if you want, not toooo much has happened that's super critical for the long narrative by level 30, a few major things.

Thanks, I think I'll do that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also make sure if you're on excalibur that you join up with one of the three goon FCs. Also, if you're not on excal and only level 33, it might be worth it to just start over with a new character on that server.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

In a guild raid I could see that happening for sure if you were in a guild of assholes.

it will also happen in an organized pug if you're being generally loving terrible

the only reason i'd seen people link meters in dungeon finder for years has been to brag, and if you're falling to pieces because someone is bragging then uh, grow a spine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
It's pretty awful when my scholar with 30 points in int + only having law gear does more dps than a pubbie summoner with eso and pink gear in an expert roulette. :(

• Locked thread