Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Heavy Metal posted:

I like the way you put that rapscallion poster in their place, stern but fair.

i dont usually let that side of me out but it had to be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Heavy Metal posted:

He's lovable.

he's fat and old and shilling his promotion

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hace posted:

he's fat and old and shilling his promotion

That's why I love him

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How I decide which wrestlers I like:

If they don't look like I couldn't take them in a fight, they're not worth my time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I could knock gently caress out of HHH.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lady Naga posted:

How I decide which wrestlers I like:

If they don't look like I couldn't take them in a fight, they're not worth my time.

Just to get a picture here, what ratio of the roster could you take? And how about you vs CM Punk for example.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

I could knock gently caress out of HHH.
I don't know you could break your hand trying to punch his face because his nose is so big

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know you could break your hand trying to punch his face because his nose is so big

KO by leg kicks

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Heavy Metal posted:

Just to get a picture here, what ratio of the roster could you take? And how about you vs CM Punk for example.

I could probably beat up the cruiserweights but that fellow Braun Strowman looks like he could give me some trouble because he's tall and big (incidentally why he's my favourite wrestler). CM Punk is tough though, I could probably take him down if he wasn't allowed to get any verticality but the moment he starts flipping around I lose.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lady Naga posted:

I could probably beat up the cruiserweights but that fellow Braun Strowman looks like he could give me some trouble because he's tall and big (incidentally why he's my favourite wrestler). CM Punk is tough though, I could probably take him down if he wasn't allowed to get any verticality but the moment he starts flipping around I lose.

Are you an MMA fighter or something? I'm just curious, you sound kind of bad. Bit of a badass. Not making fun, but these seem like some bold claims.

I have no fight experience, and I believe any person who has been employed by WWE could defeat me. I'm 6'1 and whatnot, but I would go down 100% of the time. I got punched in the face at a Children of Bodom concert, that's my fight experience. By a guy who was crowdsurfing, it was like a drive-by. The coward.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Chris James 2 posted:

KO by leg kicks

You could probably also do this to Kevin Owens too, once you get him down he's kinda like a turtle.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Heavy Metal posted:

Are you an MMA fighter or something? I'm just curious, you sound kind of bad. Bit of a badass. Not making fun, but these seem like some bold claims.

I used to take karate classes as a tween but the instructor tried to give me homework so I put him in a chinlock until he gave me the burnt CD with the Breaking Benjamin and Saliva tracks he used to amp us up and blew that joint.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Just laying on his back, trying desperately to flip himself over by pushing his head against the mat before the ref counts to three.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Shima Honnou posted:

Just laying on his back, trying desperately to flip himself over by pushing his head against the mat before the ref counts to three.

Is this a work or a shoot? I saw the guy have a hardcore match with Necro Butcher, guy was like ten feet away from me and was taking chairs and stuff like a goddamn Terminator. As far as I know Kevin Owens is an invincible beast machine.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Heavy Metal posted:

I have no fight experience, and I believe any person who has been employed by WWE could defeat me. I'm 6'1 and whatnot, but I would go down 100% of the time. I got punched in the face at a Children of Bodom concert, that's my fight experience. By a guy who was crowdsurfing, it was like a drive-by. The coward.

You should have RKO'd him when he got to the front

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If I could seriouspost for a second:

If all I wanted was to watch slightly tall guys fight eachother a bunch I'd just watch MMA. I don't, because I think that's boring. I watch wrestling because all kinds of dudes from the small to the fat to the tall to the kind of people that wear jeans to the ring and hit people with sticks or garbage cans can all compete and concievably win.

It's like when I play a fighting game. I'm not gonna go play Virtua Fighter, I'm gonna pick the one that lets me play as a skeleton or a man made out of lava or a wolf because that's way more interesting.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That DICK! posted:

This will be worth it if his music hits and everyone does the usual "huh?! Wha!? Grr!!!" Cena music reactions except for Wade Barrett who looks utterly defeated

Cena makes his triumphant return to squash the League of Nations in a 1 on 4 match. But can he beat Sheamus 1 on 1?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lady Naga posted:

If all I wanted was to watch slightly tall guys fight eachother a bunch I'd just watch MMA

do you not know who conor mcgregor or ronda rousey are

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Did ratings come out for that mess?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If you're going to engage me please take the entirety of what I'm saying into context instead of nitpicking a single sentence that's used as a broad generalization to bring clarity to the third sentence by posting exactly two (2) counterexamples like it shatters my whole point, tia.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tommy dreamer was booked for tna's tour of india and when they cancelled it at the last minute he took the opening in his schedule to jump to wwe and that's really funny so I'm glad he's back temporarily

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

I don't, because I think that's boring.

Not gonna argue about some of it being boring, just going to say everyone should see Anderson Silva being KO'd and Ronda being KO'd at least once because those were honestly 2 of the funniest moments in sports and possibly life in the last few years

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
For the record, I'm not saying MMA is objectively boring, just that it's not my kind of thing.

I'm sure there are people that like Virtua Fighter too.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not gonna go play Virtua Fighter

you should go those games own

well, except 3

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lady Naga posted:

If you're going to engage me please take the entirety of what I'm saying into context instead of nitpicking a single sentence that's used as a broad generalization to bring clarity to the third sentence by posting exactly two (2) counterexamples like it shatters my whole point, tia.

Second point, mma consistent rules just like fighting games

It also super combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3totwbpB0

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

you should go those games own

well, except 3

I'm sorry I just find all the characters super boring. There's like, A Ninja and A Lucha as opposed to Tekken's Guy In Cheetah Mask and Fat Guy and Robot Samurai.

This might make me incredibly shallow but I don't curr.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lady Naga posted:

If all I wanted was to watch slightly tall guys fight eachother a bunch I'd just watch MMA. I don't, because I think that's boring. I watch wrestling because all kinds of dudes from the small to the fat to the tall to the kind of people that wear jeans to the ring and hit people with sticks or garbage cans can all compete and concievably win.

It's like when I play a fighting game. I'm not gonna go play Virtua Fighter, I'm gonna pick the one that lets me play as a skeleton or a man made out of lava or a wolf because that's way more interesting.

I don't remember this guy's name so I'm gonna guess it's Skrillex.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's Spinal, which is alright but nowhere near as good as Skullomania.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Since I started working closed captioning I've been paid to see boxing matches and well as MMA matches and I'll be honest here the low-caliber Superstars-equivalent MMA shows with an audience rivaling those of indie wrestling feds were funner and funnier than watching guys try to lovingly hug one another for 40 minutes in front of huge crowds.

Still yet to get the dream of an actual wrestling show being thrown my way though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Rad Ox appeared on Busted Open Radio and did an interview. Highlights:

Was fired for "cocky pricks", Vince didn't like use of "pricks". Was surprised to hear he was released
(Said this on Twitter but was happy the Panthers won, made his Thanksgiving better than it was with the release 24 hours before)
Vince supported the Maddox/Adam Rose team from beginning to end
Interested in acting
Getting back into working with Youtube

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I don't remember this guy's name so I'm gonna guess it's Skrillex.

His name is Awesome Victory. It's right there on the screen.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I like how Dreamer concentrated all of his spray tanning in his face and bald spot. Let those arms stay pasty

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Fired for saying "pricks". This loving company.

The selective prudish censorship bothers me immensely.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BrigadierSensible posted:

Fired for saying "pricks". This loving company.

The selective prudish censorship bothers me immensely.

They have a right to censor.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

I'm sorry I just find all the characters super boring. There's like, A Ninja and A Lucha as opposed to Tekken's Guy In Cheetah Mask and Fat Guy and Robot Samurai.

This might make me incredibly shallow but I don't curr.

jeffry mcwild is way loving cooler than literally any other dumb motherfucking fighting game bullshit character you piece of garbage

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Can someone recap all of Sheamus' title wins. I'm pretty sure they all have been gimmicks or easy hand overs?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
His hair is turds.

I meant this to be a response to the Jeffry McWild comment but it works well as a Sheamus recap too.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alaois posted:

jeffry mcwild is way loving cooler than literally any other dumb motherfucking fighting game bullshit character you piece of garbage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Is Black posted:

Can someone recap all of Sheamus' title wins. I'm pretty sure they all have been gimmicks or easy hand overs?

TLC 2009: Beats Cena in tables match for WWE title (Cena falls off top rope through table, Sheamus falls off top rope out of ring knocking over table)
Fatal 4 Way 2010: Beats Cena in fatal 4-way for WWE title (Nexus interferes, destroys everybody but Sheamus, who sneaks in and covers Cena, then gets chased out by Nexus and runs away)
Mania 2012: Beats Bryan in 18 seconds for World title
Survivor Series 2015: Beats Reigns for WWEWHC title (MITB cash-in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Black Is Black posted:

1. Cena stepped on a table and cracked the wood.
2. Nexus jumped Cena.
3. 18 seconds.
4. Made Roman cry.

• Locked thread