Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Jem reboot is now a judgmental hipster. Instead of being in a band, she posts music criticism on Medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ronwayne posted:

Is this one of those things where consumption makes you a superior person?

Please tell us more about what surprises you and how everyday things confuse you.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Ultimately this thread is mostly a way of outlining my mortal terror without actually confronting that fundamental fear that undermines everything I do and am.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

cabbagedude posted:

I'm only a yacht apprentice, are there any suitable watches for me?

Invicta sub-mariner clone FTW

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

a happy snowman posted:

Invicta sub-mariner clone FTW

I've worked hard and bootstrapped myself up to Yacht Journeyman. Is an Omega Seamaster the right watch for me?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

a starwar betamax posted:

can some goofball who wears these types of watches tell me how they manage to not living in constant paain as the wierd metal hinges rip their arm hair out by the roots every second of every day

gold is a soft metal and thus applies less friction to arm hairs

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

King of Bees posted:

I've worked hard and bootstrapped myself up to Yacht Journeyman. Is an Omega Seamaster the right watch for me?

Only if it's a James Bond 007 special edition.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

a happy snowman posted:

Only if it's a James Bond 007 special edition.

Oooo. That's a really good looking watch except it actually says 007 on it! JFCSMH. Like fuckin' way to blow his cover Q!

Millennials. :argh: Not even once..

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Prairie Home Companion has Millennials in its Joke of the Day crosshairs:

some old white person posted:

How many Millennials does it take to change a lightbulb? Five. One to post a picture of the burned-out lightbulb on Instagram, one to "like" the post on Facebook and Twitter, one to start a Crowdfunding campaign to raise the money, one to order the lightbulb on Amazon, and one to update the lightbulb's status from "broken" to "fixed."

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Antifreeze Head posted:

execution is clunky, but the point stands.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Antifreeze Head posted:

They forgot the one getting paid minimum wage with no benefits.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Bluemillion posted:

They forgot the one getting paid minimum wage with no benefits.

That's obviously all of them tbqh

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

The Mantis posted:

That's obviously all of them tbqh

lmao No they're all unpaid interns working for the experience.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Not likely, considering he's a ginger with terrible skin.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Antifreeze Head posted:

you can tell baby boomers wrote this since like is in quotes.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

can some goofball who wears these types of watches tell me how they manage to not living in constant paain as the wierd metal hinges rip their arm hair out by the roots every second of every day

rich person secret: that's how it tells time

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

My trick is I actually rub my arm to get all the hair in the watch area to face a single direction, and ensure that I only adjust it and rotate the watch in the same direction so it doesn't get caught up

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Motherfucker posted:

Ultimately this thread is mostly a way of outlining my mortal terror without actually confronting that fundamental fear that undermines everything I do and am.

weclome to our little club house grab some fruit punch and join the fun

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Snapping fingers instead of clapping was done by the beats in jazz/poetry clubs. Now millennials are trying to lay claim?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mad Monk posted:

Snapping fingers instead of clapping was done by the beats in jazz/poetry clubs. Now millennials are trying to lay claim?
*snaps fingers in approval

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Mad Monk posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Judy Funnie even has the sides of her head shaved.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Antifreeze Head posted:

Has Prairie Home Companion ever been funny? And I don't mean like in a "barely cracked a knowing smile" way, like has anybody doubled over in painful hilarity while listening to it? The only thing I know about it was the movie, and that was the most boring and awkward thing I've ever sat through.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

No and I'm glad I live in a region that has different content on the AM npr station so I can flip over when midwestern sabado gigante comes on

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

amusinginquiry posted:

Hmm this is an interesting idea, how can we sell water in gaseous form and what do we name it

It's water you can breathe!

Just close some bottles where it's humid and get a snazzy label with a weasel word thesaurus close at hand, explaining all the energy-aligning properties of...

Aër
(Artisanal Evaporated Reiki Water)

Then randomly slap on some quotations from the Deepak Chopra generator, like "The unpredictable is entangled in dimensionless acceptance"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Mad Monk posted:

square baby boomers who never experienced it in their youth and are just learning about tumblr and triggering poo poo have decided it is some new pc thing or they're pretending to to make clickbait garbage

nothing makes olds angrier than young people doing something they didn't do themselves when they were young and conservative olds are pretty much in a state of perpetual rage thanks to the 24 hour media cycle

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

conservative olds are pretty much in a state of perpetual rage thanks to the 24 hour media cycle

they must be so sleepy :ohdear:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

mr. mephistopheles posted:

nothing makes olds angrier than young people doing something they didn't do themselves when they were young and conservative olds are pretty much in a state of perpetual rage thanks to the 24 hour media cycle

It's not just Olds, I get :argh: when I see a kid on a tablet at a restaurant. I had to sit and be bored when my parents just wanted to talk about adult stuff, dammit!

It passes, though, because I sympathize with the parents now and frankly the logical end of it is "I had to help till the farm during summer break, not play video games!" Learning to be bored, as I used to call it, can quite validly be replaced by learning to always have something to read at hand.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

King Vidiot posted:

Has Prairie Home Companion ever been funny? And I don't mean like in a "barely cracked a knowing smile" way, like has anybody doubled over in painful hilarity while listening to it? The only thing I know about it was the movie, and that was the most boring and awkward thing I've ever sat through.

I know a lot of people who love it of all ages. I can't stand the thing, and I even lived in Minnesota for a decade.

Edit: Barely cracking a smile is how minnesotans react to the funniest thing ever though. Can't show any vunerability.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

nm posted:

I know a lot of people who love it of all ages. I can't stand the thing, and I even lived in Minnesota for a decade.

Edit: Barely cracking a smile is how minnesotans react to the funniest thing ever though. Can't show any vunerability.

I live in the same town Garrison Keillor is from, and Ive never met anyone who talks like him, nor anybody who listens to that poo poo.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

JB50 posted:

I live in the same town Garrison Keillor is from, and Ive never met anyone who talks like him, nor anybody who listens to that poo poo.

Praire Home Companion is more popular among coast people, but I do know some people from the cities who like it. I don't know why.

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009

Mad Monk posted:

So you're saying this is cultural appropriation.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

nm posted:

Praire Home Companion is more popular among coast people, but I do know some people from the cities who like it. I don't know why.

It's entertaining and the dude has a cool voice.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Who is the morose motherfucker who does the Writer's Almanac?

I swear to god every loving day at 2:45 it's like someone slipped me a barbiturate.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Look at all these pictures. They almost look like pages of words.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

No. 6 posted:

Look at all these pictures. They almost look like pages of words.

me and my millenial frenz doin millenial thangs

I loving love ART

and music

and cold brew

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 3, 2015

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

me and my snake person frenz doin snake person thangs

Please tell me that's at an open house at an elementary school.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

hmmm i jsut realized a lot of you aren't millennuials....

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ghostter posted:

hmmm i jsut realized a lot of you aren't millennuials....
i am, but a sign of a great sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Stinky_Pete posted:

Please tell me that's at an open house at an elementary school.

don't judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9WiuJPnNA

also, snake person? how dare you.

symbolic posted:

i am, but a sign of a great sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself

:yayclod:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 4, 2015

• Locked thread