Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

That guy who calls the COP pack "totally-not-a-donation" is pretty confused because at no point did the COP ever bill itself as anything but "you are spending more money than you should to get some glitzy masks because you like what we do", the ~*secret gift*~ was only announced near the end of the hypetrain event. The whole point was that it was essentially a donation!!

Come on now, are you one of those suckers that donates money and does not expect to be massively rewarded for it? What a chump. Also, seeing how Overkill already lied about microtransactions two years ago, they probably lied about everything else ever, including what the COP really is about. Wake up already!

On a more serious note: finally, these two heists are somewhat pulling the game back from Dallas-human-flesh-taste.jpg territory. Even if I sometimes feel bad for cops (those screams from being lit up, god), shooting PMC soldiers I have no issues with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Plan Z posted:

The feature from MGS5 I want most in every game, the bugged weapon customization, may be coming to PD2.

http://imgur.com/a/KOVUk

I just want to attach every laser and flashlight and turn them all on at the same time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
A Bodhi without Swayze is no Bodhi at all

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

A Bodhi without Swayze is no Bodhi at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG1WNXgfJYQ

It could be Bodhi Lee, PHOTON WARRIOR.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 2, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jim DiGriz posted:

I sometimes feel bad for cops (those screams from being lit up, god.)

You weak hand motherfucker you

I throw molotovs at the hostage-filled copy room in H&T just to hear screams and you can't even do it to cops?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Jim DiGriz posted:

Even if I sometimes feel bad for cops
did clown school teach you this

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like now would be a bad time to come out with my love for stealth.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
you cop sympathizing gently caress. "I don't like killing more than 4 cops per map" - poster with severe brain disorder

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

you cop sympathizing gently caress. "I don't like killing more than 4 cops per map" - poster with severe brain disorder

Please do not bully Vox

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

What can I say, Houston's lines are the best when in stealth.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
OH gently caress WE'RE ROBBING A PLANE poo poo YEAH I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS OR A SHIP FOR A LONG LONG TIME NOW

It's nice to see that the Car Shop is gonna get used for some loud action, I can't wait to play this.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm super excited at the screenshot of you evidently skydiving, because even though its probably just a static effect when uou escape it looks a million times better than the fade to black wet fart of an escape on Alesso or Meltdown or Big Oil

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Then in-between the probable two days of the plane heist you get an escape...what the

And then its a midair shootout with murkywater goons before you can open your parachute hell yeah!!

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Fellis posted:

Then in-between the probable two days of the plane heist you get an escape...what the

And then its a midair shootout with murkywater goons before you can open your parachute hell yeah!!

Everyone has to steal a parachute on the way down or else they start the next day in custody

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Finally a real chance to use my bag catching skills

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So why are we still getting paid DLC packs? Wasn't the whole point of the microtransaction market to basically pay for the development of that content?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Almir has stated that all "collaborations" don't involve payment between overkill and their collaborators. That's actually pretty surprising, but it makes some amount of sense if Starbreeze has close corporate ties to WB/Lionsgate et al.

jivjov posted:

So why are we still getting paid DLC packs? Wasn't the whole point of the microtransaction market to basically pay for the development of that content?

No. Microtransactions pay for some parts of continued support and development, not all of it. You know this. Go away.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

jivjov posted:

Well, if the Black Market update was because the income from DLC sales were insufficient, they're probably getting even less than they hoped from drill sales after the backlash.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If I don't get to drill a safe in mid-air during free fall I'm going to send a sternly written letter to Overkill.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

jivjov posted:

Nobody ever said that, so no?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
It's not Swayze Bodhi, and if it's not Patrick Swayze it's not Bodhi. Go gently caress yourself Point Break reboot poo poo sequel prequel whatever the gently caress you are.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Missed op to release a Keanu/Johnny Utah skin, Overcuck.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

No. Microtransactions pay for some parts of continued support and development, not all of it. You know this. Go away.

The implication was definitely that Microtransaction dollars would be taking the place of Paid DLC Pack dollars.

I mean, at least this time around about half the content being released is free...but it (once again) does not reflect particularly well on Overkill.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Shut the gently caress up

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

jivjov posted:

The implication was definitely that Microtransaction dollars would be taking the place of Paid DLC Pack dollars.

[citation needed]

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Perk deck seems cool but I'm not sure if Grinder isn't strictly better.

e: there better be an achievement to do Point Break heists while wearing President masks

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

henkman posted:

If you have an issue with my particular topic of discussion here in the Payday 2 thread on a discussion board, feel free to start your own topic of conversation.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 2, 2015

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

henkman posted:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hooo man the Platypus 70 shoots off faces of Tasers. This game is getting bloodier by a minute.

Also lmao the boxcutter.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
We're going to attack a plane with boxcutters.

:911:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

jivjov posted:

I mean, at least this time around about half the content being released is free...but it (once again) does not reflect particularly well on Overkill.

That's not what they said at all. Continued sales of the game and DLC packs was lower than they needed, so they bolstered it with safes and drills. They did say around the same time they wanted to have as much content free as possible, but I wouldn't expect more free content than we've seen in the past. At least the character is free this time instead of the normal $5.

In short,

henkman posted:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
please do not respond to noted poster jivjov

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Afraid of Audio posted:

please do not respond to noted poster jivjov

I'll tell you what I told that other poster: If you have an issue with my particular topic of discussion here in the Payday 2 thread on a discussion board, feel free to start your own topic of conversation.

Explosionface posted:

That's not what they said at all. Continued sales of the game and DLC packs was lower than they needed, so they bolstered it with safes and drills. They did say around the same time they wanted to have as much content free as possible, but I wouldn't expect more free content than we've seen in the past. At least the character is free this time instead of the normal $5.

In short,

And (other than the personal attack at the bottom there), I thank you for actually having an intelligent response.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 2, 2015

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Eh, at the end of the day since the start of Crimefest we've gotten six new heists, three guns, six melee weapons, twenty masks and a character/perk deck for a total of $7. That's way more than we normally get for that value.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

jivjov posted:

I'll tell you what I told that other poster: If you have an issue with my particular topic of discussion here in the Payday 2 thread on a discussion board, feel free to start your own thread of conversation.

Holy poo poo, :frogout:.

You don't get to shitpost, then whine about it, then demand that the other posters start their own thread.

Take a break, jivjov.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I really wish they'd stop embedding and autoloading that 3D model viewer in their websites- it's streamlined compared to previous versions, but it still causes substantial lag to load it in.

The mask looks boss, but what do folks think of the new perk deck?

jivjov posted:

And (other than the personal attack at the bottom there), I thank you for actually having an intelligent response.

You're a shallow self-righteous semiliterate simpleton.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

jivjov posted:

You should know that you're very, very wrong when I feel inclined to empty-quote Drewjitsu and Vox. The microtransaction model was intended to subsidize continued development, not to entirely replace paid DLC. Any reasonable individual (though apparently not many of these exist) should understand that. The system is literally working exactly as described.

E:

Discendo Vox posted:

You're a shallow self-righteous semiliterate simpleton.

Mmmm, that's some good alliteration right there. Embrace the shitposting.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The new perk deck looks alright, like a mix of Gambler and Grinder. Rather, Gambler being used by your teammates, minus the ammo pickup. Also seems like what Hitman should have been

jivjov posted:

Because you couldn't be bothered to think up of one?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jim DiGriz posted:

On a more serious note: finally, these two heists are somewhat pulling the game back from Dallas-human-flesh-taste.jpg territory. Even if I sometimes feel bad for cops (those screams from being lit up, god), shooting PMC soldiers I have no issues with.

These cops will actively aim at civilians to bag themselves a clown. They care more about capture than to protect and serve and thus they deserve to be burned alive. They even turned to contract a mercenary force which of course will betray them if a bigger paycheck is found in sustaining crime than ending it.

I doubt any of the new heists can be stealthed for thematic reasons, but we finally have our plane heist. Now all we need is a boat one and we will be criminals of the land, sea and the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Drewjitsu posted:

Holy poo poo, :frogout:.

You don't get to shitpost, then whine about it, then demand that the other posters start their own thread.

Take a break, jivjov.

Apologies for the confusion, when I say "start a new thread of conversation" I'm not meaning to actually create a new forums thread; just to talk about whatever topic they are interested in.

I have edited my previous posts for clarity.