Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

the most shocking part is that there isn't a hiatus

Don't jinx it please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
[Evil_Genius]Berserk_v38c342

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

I think someone says this every chapter but thanks again for these really good scans and translations.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Man with Hat posted:

I think someone says this every chapter but thanks again for these really good scans and translations.

We subsist entirely on kind words and praise, so it's appreciated regardless.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

This just made my week, thank you!

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Miura is relentless in his enthusiasm for golden showers.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
this is late as gently caress but I don't care I only just saw this poo poo, I can't help it

WE'RE AT ELF ISLAND
I THOUGHT I'D BE DEAD BEFORE I SAW THE DAY
I THOUGHT I'D HAVE TEN GRANDCHILDREN
IT'S ELF ISLAND I CAN ACTUALLY SEE ELF ISLAND

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
A place with living scarecrows and where times flows differently. Now all we need is a battle with Artorias.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So what I'm taking away from all this is:

1: We're finally off the boat!

2: We're about to get one hell of a time skip aren't we?

3: We would still be on the boat if Griffith didn't cross the streams.

4: "In One Piece you say?" :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

A place with living scarecrows and where times flows differently. Now all we need is a battle with Artorias.

So with guts in the berserker armor?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dark Off posted:

Thats true, but the berserk soundtrack just nails the atmosphere of berserk. I cant imagine scenes without one of suzumu's song playing in background.

It's perfect

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
As someone who never knew you were responsible for/part of Evil Genius, thank you kindly for your efforts all this time.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Add my gratitude to the pile, thanks a ton.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I didn't know you were part of EG. Thanks for the great quality work you guys keep doing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Laputanmachine posted:

Also a big dumb dragon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

You guys do great work, keep it up!

Well, as long as Miura does, anyway.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
puck's 2 page prologue lol

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to believe it. Even if they meet the fairy king to fix Casca and he says "hello welcome to fairy island I am the fairy king and I have just fixed Casca" I'll still wonder if it's actually a ghost pirate illusion projected onto the corpse of the Sea God.

That aside, their time on the island of space and time means that we're probably in for a teamup of Guts + adult Rickert. Who has become literally Iron Man.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I don't read Berserk (too dark), but I'm aware the writer is hardly swift in his chapters. How long were they on this boat, I am morbidly curious.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

8 years i think?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Eight years, thanks in part to a slew of hiatuses.

Fingers crossed his current run of productivity continues.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cornwind Evil posted:

I don't read Berserk (too dark), but I'm aware the writer is hardly swift in his chapters. How long were they on this boat, I am morbidly curious.

He kept up a pretty brutal pace for 15 years. No one can fault him for slowing down, even if it was right about the time they got on the boat.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
And within 2-3 months we'll probably find out what was in the basement in Attack on Titan.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

And within 2-3 months we'll probably find out what was in the basement in Attack on Titan.

Armin will find a behelit in there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's going to be the power of friendship

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Zenzirouj posted:

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to believe it. Even if they meet the fairy king to fix Casca and he says "hello welcome to fairy island I am the fairy king and I have just fixed Casca" I'll still wonder if it's actually a ghost pirate illusion projected onto the corpse of the Sea God.

That aside, their time on the island of space and time means that we're probably in for a teamup of Guts + adult Rickert. Who has become literally Iron Man.

Or tank commander of his personally-developed Iron Wagon, featuring such armaments as a blackpowder cannon and hand-cranked belt-fed crossbow, with crew members gunner Silat with comms equipment hidden in his funny hat, and driver Erica, whose unending enthusiasm for stuff in general has now been focused into enthusiasm for running over monsters while drifting with the tank.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's going to be the power of friendship

Titan-sized sex dungeon

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks for the kind words guys :kiddo:

The implied coming timeskip would be a natural way to spare us years of Rickert training with/arming the Bakiraka, and Griffith cementing his rule. And yet something about how obvious it is makes me feel it's a red herring, and that Guts' party won't lose more than a few months at most.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did they say the flow of time on the island was faster or slower than the rest of the world?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This chapter is beautiful, it's like meeting up again with all your old friends. What is it with Muira and piss though?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did they say the flow of time on the island was faster or slower than the rest of the world?
I believe it was faster, i.e. we are getting some sort of time skip by the time Guts and crew leave the island. There'd be no real consequence/change if it were slower, they'd just leave at close to the time they'd arrive. Presumably this is so Rickert can catch up with them quicker.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Nate RFB posted:

I believe it was faster, i.e. we are getting some sort of time skip by the time Guts and crew leave the island. There'd be no real consequence/change if it were slower, they'd just leave at close to the time they'd arrive. Presumably this is so Rickert can catch up with them quicker.

I think you got that mixed-up. I was talking about island time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Elfhelm's setup is a fairly obvious nod to the legend of Urashima Taro, a Japanese fisherman who purportedly discovered the undersea palace of a god and stayed there for three days, only to emerge and discover 300 years had passed.

Guts and crew will most likely not want to stick around for very long.

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.
If I understand the time shift correctly, It's probably a good opportunity for Miura to have Guts sorta frozen in time on the island and focus on Rickert and his new adventures, or maybe age Rickert way up so he's all manly when Guts presumably leaves the island?

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So do you guys think Griffith ordered Rickert's assassination or did his subordinates independently decide to kill him for disrespecting their master?

I'm guessing that he did order it, since I can't see his subordinates being willing to risk killing an old acquaintance of Griffith's without him commanding them to do so.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The island is the opposite of the hyberbolic time chamber, basically.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Unacknowledged posted:

If I understand the time shift correctly, It's probably a good opportunity for Miura to have Guts sorta frozen in time on the island and focus on Rickert and his new adventures, or maybe age Rickert way up so he's all manly when Guts presumably leaves the island?
That's basically what I was getting at, yeah.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Unacknowledged posted:

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

Got it. Rickert will be Enzo and Erica will be AndrAIa from Reboot in a year or two.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So why does Guts have a streak of white in his hair again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Using the berserk armor really does a number on you.