Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That was not taped for sure. Sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't Tokyo Gurentai NOSAWA's company anyways? Might go a long way towards explaining him being in the main, popularity aside...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Right but he shows up in a lot of other feds, and when he's booking he self-inserts into matches with legends like the worst fanboy.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I need that Tokyo Gurentai show, holy poo poo.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cheapest seats are 5,000 yen? That's NJPW house show money.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Kotaro Suzuki is leaving AJPW

quote:

This time, our affiliation of Kotaro Suzuki players have a contract expiration of the November 30,

Taidan the All Japan Pro Wrestling, as a free player than December 1, 2015

We will let you know that we operate.

The World Junior Heavyweight belt give up, team Xceed is Kento Miyahara player,

We do as dissolution in consultation with the Nakajima Yohei players.

Also to Kotaro Suzuki player and All Japan Pro Wrestling future,

Degree unchanging for your support of thank you.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I hope they can survive whatever the hell is going on there. Akiyama's agenting and booking makes them unique from all the other current Japanese groups.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Just wondering, what's the name of that ring announcer from All Japan and NOAH that sounds really bored? I kinda like the guy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Suzuki was just going to freelance status.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MortenVH of the VoW Forums just posted a guide to get Samurai TV, GAORA, and G+ live streams AND archives for $180 a year. You can either use an Android TV box or install an emulator app on either a PC or a Mac to watch.

It apparently works pretty smooth from what people on that topic are saying

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=694

He also has a spreadsheet up of all the live streams and archives.

Not ready to make that sort of financial commitment right now, but it is tempting.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Oh man I wish I had the cash and an android box to make use of this. Hopefully this also means we can get more stuff uploaded to dailymotion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RaceyBucket posted:

Oh man I wish I had the cash and an android box to make use of this. Hopefully this also means we can get more stuff uploaded to dailymotion.

I've been using the Bluestacks Emulator on my PC for various things.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its mostly the money tbqh. Its only like 15 a month but on top of the wwe network, njpw, and the observer I cant spend 40 bucks a month on wrestling.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress, wrong thread, sorry

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
edit: agh!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Did Dave Meltzer actually get around to reviewing the Tenryu show properly since last week was so news worthy or did he flake again?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he did a big writeup of the show this week

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

candice lerae is headed to DDT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

candice >>>>> kota

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The only great thing about NOSAWA was the story after an IWA Mid South show back in the early Indy boom featuring Homicide almost being on CM Punk and then passing out in his own piss, a bunch of guys painting Samoa Joe's toenails but being so drunk they just dumped a bottle over his whole foot, and NOSAWA passing out on a picnic table outside the house and hitching a ride back to the LAX on the back of some farming pickup truck.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

The only great thing about NOSAWA was the story after an IWA Mid South show back in the early Indy boom featuring Homicide almost being on CM Punk and then passing out in his own piss, a bunch of guys painting Samoa Joe's toenails but being so drunk they just dumped a bottle over his whole foot, and NOSAWA passing out on a picnic table outside the house and hitching a ride back to the LAX on the back of some farming pickup truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjwEsjiztc

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Has DDT run that venue from Osaka Octopus before? All the Osaka shows I've seen them do before were in that tiny building Osaka Pro runs their normal shows in, which holds about 200-300. Really nice to see them draw 2000+ outside of Tokyo.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Illinois Smith posted:

Has DDT run that venue from Osaka Octopus before? All the Osaka shows I've seen them do before were in that tiny building Osaka Pro runs their normal shows in, which holds about 200-300. Really nice to see them draw 2000+ outside of Tokyo.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Ist that from Octopus? I thought it looked reasonably full and Cagematch said 2300, whoops.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

2300 is prob an exaggeration and is going to look pretty sad in the main Osaka Gym /Edion/Bodymaker/whatever building anyway.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Yeah that's like a little over 1/4 capacity

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Observer said Act Yasukawa retired due to injuries & eyesight problems exacerbated by the beating Yoshiko gave her, and that Yoshiko hasn't wrestled since that happened. that was a really stupid thing that benefited nobody in the end.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

acai moonsault posted:

Observer said Act Yasukawa retired due to injuries & eyesight problems exacerbated by the beating Yoshiko gave her, and that Yoshiko hasn't wrestled since that happened. that was a really stupid thing that benefited nobody in the end.
What is this referencing?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

What is this referencing?

Nothing? Stardom's Act Yasukawa is retiring for good because her vision is gone from the assault from Yoshiko a few months ago.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

KungFu Grip posted:

Nothing? Stardom's Act Yasukawa is retiring for good because her vision is gone from the assault from Yoshiko a few months ago.
Right, and I have no idea about this situation whatsoever.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Ditch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXq5clKi7o

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ditch posted:

read a couple pages of the joshi thread starting with this post for info.

quote:

Yoshiko is a big girl and reports say she broke ACT's orbital bone and nose. What's more disgusting is that Yoshiko seemed to be intentionally targeting her right eye, which she's been partially blind in most of her life and just had surgery on. Other reports say that everyone watching was super uncomfortable and everyone in ACT's faction looked mortified. There's apparently heat on the referee for not just calling the match early and separating them.

More pictures here:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/photo/fight/all/dtl/1207/

If you don't know who ACT is, her story is here and there's a documentary coming out soon. She was bullied most of her life and fought tooth and nail to get into wrestling against all odds. She's been blind in one eye since birth among other long-standing issues and she was out of wrestling for quite a while and just recently returned with a thyroid issue.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a more sympathetic girl in wrestling than Act. I really just wish someone from the UK or US indies would pick her up and move her here so she can relax a whole lot more without killing herself, or in this case, having someone trying to kill her.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

I didn't realise that thread existed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The same people who were calling it a "work" before when it happened (To potentially gain mainstream attention to Stardom and have a huge comeback match eventually) are now just claiming ACT only started wrestling as a "job" to get more attention for her documentary and never took wrestling seriously in the first place.

Takes all kinds of people. :v:

ACT is 29, and has only been wrestling for 3 years so to be forced into retirement over petty backstage drama is really unfortunate. Yoshiko, the girl who destroyed her eye, is something like 20 years old now, too and has "retired" from wrestling (She probably wouldn't find much work if she wanted to). That one single incident booked by some insane pervert ended the careers of two really promising, new talent in Japan in one fell swoop. This all could have been avoided by just not booking them against one another knowing how much heat they had. People can bring up Brett/Shawn but they were both well into their 30's by the time and both had been wrestling for quite a long time. They both wanted to make money, they weren't stupid.

Stardom has a lot of great talent right now, but the man running it is all sorts of shady, and he uses a lot of the girls in 90's style Attitude Era Softcore to get more attention too.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

@enuhito_eng posted:

Akebono has announced that he launched new company called Oudou(Kings Road).

Another new Japanese wrestling promotion using the name of an old failed wrestling promotion in a country that can't support another wrestling promotion.

(I know it was a style long before it was a fly by night promotion, but still)

https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/672659172232585216

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

WHY DON'T YOU EVER DO THIS poo poo IN KORAKUEEEEN

dramaticDDT posted:

TAVERN WRESTLING “~BIG YEAR END PARTY~”, 18/12/2015
Shin-kiba 1st RING

4. U.S.A Sakavivor Series – Nerima World Order Vs U.S.A Superstars: Sumo Rock, “Stone Cold” Sekine Ryuichin & Man Man Kai Kind defeated “Big Sexy” Hiroshi Fukuda, Hanolek Hogaso & Nerima Sting when Rock pinned Fukuda with the People’s Elbow (14:43).

All hell broke loose in the Sakavivor Series match. Interference came in many forms. The first one was Booker T-ish (Suguru Miyatake) who did a spinaroonie. Then Tazz-ish (Yasu Urano) came out to choke out Man Man Kai Kind. After a referee bump out came the Dudley Boyz-ish. Bubba-ish (Shigehiro Irie) and D-Von-ish (Kazuki Hirata) gave Hiroshi Fukuda the Whassup! Headbutt while Spike-ish (???) watched on. Suddenly the Hardy Boyz-ish (SAGAT & ???) ran out to fight with the Dudleys-ish but they were given the 3D. Rob Van Dam-ish (Akito) attacked Spike-ish with a chair and cleared the ring until Hanolek Hogaso knocked him out with his belt. The Nerima World Order gave “Stone Cold” Sekine Ryuichin a beatdown but he kicked out of their finishers. The tables turned when the nWo accidentaly Clotheslined each other. That allowed the U.S.A team to gang up on Fukuda and pin him after the People’s Elbow from Sumo Rock. The nWo attacked Fukuda after the match and kicked him out of their group. The Undertaker-ish (Konosuke Takeshita) arrived on a scooter and it looked like Fukuda would be saved! Instead Taker-ish Choke Slammed and Power Bombed the U.S.A team and left the nWo alone.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Another new Japanese wrestling promotion using the name of an old failed wrestling promotion in a country that can't support another wrestling promotion.

(I know it was a style long before it was a fly by night promotion, but still)

https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/672659172232585216
Akebono has the blessing of Baba's wife for god knows what reason, but she's in full support of this promotion.

Akebono has appeared at Wrestlemania :v:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

RealFoxy posted:

Akebono has appeared at Wrestlemania :v:
That he debuted in WWE is still baffling to me. Like, he wasn't under contract, so why the hell did they give him that Mania push and put him over Big Show? If the plan was to try and take a run at the Japanese market, sign the guy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

He was pushed in the WWE as a Sumo Superstar, I don't know that he'd even had a wrestling match prior to that and the WWE probably hadn't expected him to get trained and become a pro wrestler, I think he was pushed in the same kind of vein that Mayweather was.

While making sure I was right, I found out this though:

quote:

Akenobo is expected to fight a rematch against Bob Sapp on December 31, 2015, at Rizin Fighting Federation Grand Prix event. Fedor Emelianenko will headline the NYE Rizin FF main event.
Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I never figured out the WWE/Akebono thing unless it was Vince's way of loving with Big Show. Either that or it had something to do with the PRIDE purchase WWE was looking at.