Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cruz on Gays and Millitary

quote:

“It is the decision reminiscent of Roe v. Wade of a handful of unelected judges arrogantly and lawlessly decreeing the authority to fundamentally change our country and to tear down the foundations of the country,” Cruz added.

He also criticized Republicans who decided to “surrender” to the Supreme Court and treat Obergefell as the “settled law of the land.”

“My response to this decision was that it was illegitimate, it was lawless, it was utterly contrary to the Constitution and that we should fight to defend marriage on every front,” he said, before promoting constitutional amendments to overturn the ruling and put justices up for retention elections, along with legislation “to strip the federal courts of jurisdiction over challenges to marriage.”

Cruz conceded that none of his proposals are politically feasible at the moment. Once he is elected president, however, Cruz said he will make sure that “we will not use the federal government to enforce this lawless decision that is a usurpation of the authority of we the people in this country.” He also committed to only appoint Supreme Court justices who would not “legislate from the bench” like the justices did in Obergefell.

My favorite quote though

quote:

He’s more interested in promoting homosexuality in the military than he is in defeating our enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Terrorist attack just occurred in San Bernardino. Can't wait to see what gender Teddy assigns to these guys.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/12/02/officials-shooting-reported-calif-golf-course/76675776/

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Jealous Cow posted:

Terrorist attack just occurred in San Bernardino. Can't wait to see what gender Teddy assigns to these guys.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/12/02/officials-shooting-reported-calif-golf-course/76675776/

:(

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

:siren: Pirvate Memo Lays Out How the GOP Would Deal With Trump as Its Nominee :siren:

Edit:

Basically the memo says a Trump nomination isn't a complete disaster and Trump could even, maybe, put together a winning coalition in the general.

link to memo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-on-donald-trump-from-ward-baker-to-nrsc-senior-staff/1898/

edit 2:

This has some gems

quote:

Trump is a misguided missile. Let's face facts. Trump says what's on his mind and that's a problem.

quote:

Houston, we have a problem: Donald Trump has said some pretty wacky things about women. Candidates shouldn't go near this ground other than to say that your wife or daughter is offended by what Trump said. We do not want to reengage the "War on Women" fight so isolate Trump on this issue by offering a quick condemnation of it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Back from the Carson event at Winthrop University in South Carolina today. For a region that's about 1/5 African American, and an event hosted by a university with an even higher percentage of minority students, it was a pretty white crowd. The coliseum seats a little over 6,000 and was less than half full. It was a very pro-Carson room but he could barely stir the crowd. Having watched a few Trump rallies it was all a bit of a let down. Otherwise it was a standard Carson stump speech introduced by local Republican notables and concluded with a few questions submitted by the audience before the show. The most interesting bit was the secret service agents running security.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Montasque posted:

:siren: Pirvate Memo Lays Out How the GOP Would Deal With Trump as Its Nominee :siren:

Edit:

Basically the memo says a Trump nomination isn't a complete disaster and Trump could even, maybe, put together a winning coalition in the general.

link to memo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-on-donald-trump-from-ward-baker-to-nrsc-senior-staff/1898/

Is this what Stockholm syndrome looks like?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

SpRahl posted:

So for the unenlightened what makes info wars so bad?

https://vine.co/v/e9KPWaXLuiX

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Was that before the debates? Jeb followed the script of say female family member is offended and then nothing else.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
frogs gay. so what

(sorry)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm curious about that tweet someone posted yesterday about a poll supposedly coming out today that everyone would be talking about. All I see is the Quinnipiac one which doesn't show anything particularly out of the ordinary.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Pohl posted:

I think this is getting taken too far...
There is no reason for this. All you do with posts like this is throw flames on the fire.

what? since when is making fun of loving /pol/ of all places a no no?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

MaxxBot posted:

I'm curious about that tweet someone posted yesterday about a poll supposedly coming out today that everyone would be talking about. All I see is the Quinnipiac one which doesn't show anything particularly out of the ordinary.

People still believing hack pundits that this time Trump's numbers are really going to start falling might be surprised?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I've actually watched Jones' The Obama Deception all the way through.

Turns out, Obama is not a Bilderberger, but just one of their puppets, controlled through the Queen of England.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

MaxxBot posted:

Same. Rubio at second was the only thing I could see that even might be interesting about that poll.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Joementum posted:

Turns out, Obama is not a Bilderberger, but just one of their puppets, controlled through the Queen of England.

There hasn't been a Queen of England since 1707. Myth busted.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

MaxxBot posted:

A lot of pundits think that general election head-to-head polls are the bee's knees. When the same Q poll showed Hillary losing to all the Republicans two months ago in head-to-heads it triggered a multi-day pundit freak out. In this month's poll, she and Bernie are beating all the Republicans.

This could mean that all of the Republicans are toxic, or that Democrats are more likely to be OK with either Hillary or Bernie, or that general election head-to-heads a year out are meaningless.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 22, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

A lot of pundits think that general election head-to-head polls are the bee's knees. When the same Q poll showed Hillary losing to all the Republicans two months ago in head-to-heads it triggered a multi-day pundit freak out. In this month's poll, she and Bernie are beating all the Republicans.

This could mean that all of the Republicans are toxic, or that Democrats are more likely to be OK with either Hillary or Bernie, or that general election head-to-heads a year out are meaningless.

It's probably all of those at the same time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

There have been a lot of posts along the line of "so-and-so is only staying in the race to get the VP slot or a cabinet seat," but that actually very rarely happens, right?

Look at the last transition

2008 candidates:
Obama - President
Biden - VP
Edwards - Scandaled out of contention, likely cabinet nominee barring that
HRC - State
Richardson - Nominated for Commerce, withdrew
Dodd/Kuch/Gravel - lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

Sorry that this is from a couple pages ago, but I wanted to post this in follow-up because this poo poo has gone too far:

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/first-hand-view-bias-fist-article-1.921345

Now we're twisting attacks against Muslims to justify further vilification of them, all because that loving blowhard can't admit he was wrong.

Also, bonus Giuliani quote from the same interview where he referenced the celebrations and subsequent attack:
Thanks for posting this.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lycus posted:

If anyone was waiting to get a tattoo until you found the right one, there ya go.

trump stamp

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Smiling Knight posted:

All the folks saying the DNC is trying to hide the debates to protect Clinton is ignoring the fact that Clinton is really loving good at debates.

thats irrelevant though. she could be the best debater in the world and still have a bad night for whatever reason. hillary clinton has everything to lose and very little to win from a debate

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

The Obama Deception: Based on an episode of Lyndon LaRouche Theater.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Bryter posted:

There hasn't been a Queen of England since 1707. Myth busted.

Wait, so all those reptiloids were really body doubles then? HOW FAR DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO?!? :tinfoil:

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
That's the first poll that has Jeb in double digits since July, right?

ALL ABOARD THE ¡JEB! TRAIN -- WOO WOO!!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Captain_Maclaine posted:

HOW FAR DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO?!? :tinfoil:

All the way to the Earth's hollow core, obviously.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Wow! jeb will no doubt be in first place on december 15

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I'm the Former Sen. candidate and business exe...

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

All the way to the Earth's hollow core, obviously.

Man, I'm going to need a juice box to help calm down over these mind blowing revelations.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
So did the candidates all just forget about their debate demands, or what

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

My favorite part of these is how Fiorina's name is cut off because of the useless "Fmr. Senate candidate" label.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
So is it about time for another 2008 vs 2012 vs 2016 poll comparison?

Cuz I'd like to see one.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fade5 posted:

Cuz I'd like to see one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/19/heres-who-was-winning-the-presidential-race-four-eight-and-12-years-ago-today/

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I thought americans considered the greeks the be role models. :hist101:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
This is horseshit right here.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

fade5 posted:

Cuz I'd like to see one.

2016:

2012:

2008:

This is the height of the Huckabee surge/Giuliani collapse in 2007. Jeb! has fallen so far down that, rather than comparing him to Ron Paul 2012, he's barely ahead of Ron Paul 2008. Gingrich had even further to go up in 2011, but at this point four years ago he was forcing Romney into a pretty harsh retaliation and a soon-to-come massive wave of negativity. This cycle, Rubio and Cruz continue to inch up, Carson goes down, and Trump stays at his perch. There's a decent chance that Cruz overtakes Rubio soon and forces him briefly into fourth place.

Soon to come: Gingrich will peak probably next time we do this in 2011. Huckabee's surge will stop short as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Tennessee and Georgia have had their filing deadlines pass!

All 14 candidates are on the ballot in TN. Bush, Cruz, Rubio, and Trump were the only ones to submit a full slate of delegates, though.

Every candidate but Gilmore made the ballot in Georgia.

This is a good day for George Pataki, he managed to get on the ballot in two states! :downs:

• Locked thread