Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Disabled god damned children. Burn the NRA to the ground and salt the earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
My guess is that the suspects are leftist transgender activists

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Oh hey, someone asked about these events overlapping?

A lot of confused reports coming out from Community North hospital in Indianapolis about someone with a gun and / or a shooter there

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Slate Action posted:

Is there an event could happen that would lead to some kind of gun control legislation being implemented (even something relatively minor like mental health screening as part of background checks)? Or are we now 100% immune to any mass shooting event of any severity changing the status quo?
Sandy Hook happened and not a loving thing got done. Let me reiterate that: some crazy motherfrucker murdered children and not a goddamn thing happened. So no.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the culprit is Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops because that's who I don't like the most!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Slate Action posted:

Is there an event could happen that would lead to some kind of gun control legislation being implemented (even something relatively minor like mental health screening as part of background checks)?

Literally nothing. Enjoy this garbage poo poo piss gently caress country and its garbage poo poo piss gently caress culture.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

An Angry Bug posted:

Disabled god damned children. Burn the NRA to the ground and salt the earth.

I didn't think we'd be able to top Sandy Hook, but here we are.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
People are dead. We need time to heal. The real tragedy would be to politicize the deaths of these children in a ploy to enact Gun Control.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I didn't think we'd be able to top Sandy Hook, but here we are.

If it helps, it may not have had anything to do with disabled kids - apparently there was an outside group renting space at the facility today and that seems to be where the shooting took place.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

This country is such a loving piece of poo poo sometimes.

I mean, this is the kind of loving poo poo that you'd think just about everyone would be up in arms (no pun intended) about asking their government to fix this bullshit. Stop making it so easy for fuckers to murder dozens of people every loving week or so. Do something. This is loving outrageous.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Doctor Butts posted:

This country is such a loving piece of poo poo sometimes.

I think you mean "usually"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

gently caress this shooter, not for the deaths he caused, but for the inevitable legislative response.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

gently caress this shooter, not for the deaths he caused, but for the inevitable legislative response.

Watch the NRA start a loving war.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Fried Chicken posted:

Starting to feel desensitized to the violence? Let me help with that - the location had their Christmas party yesterday

This is what someone just shot up.

Well well well, the War on Christmas is real after all.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Sandy Hook happened and not a loving thing got done. Let me reiterate that: some crazy motherfrucker murdered children and not a goddamn thing happened. So no.

Well, some people were advocating for doubling down on bullet proof vests for students and concealed carry for adults, so there's that.

With all these shootings and and people helpless to do anything about it, you'd think we were in Burundi, not a country number one in GDP in the world.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SquadronROE posted:

Well well well, the War on Christmas is real after all.

Liberal shooter confirmed. :haw:

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Veskit posted:

Did black people get shot at a police station? Did anything come of that I feel like that tragedy has been dropped off our news cycle.

Second degree assault and second degree riot charges. We've been talking about it in the Police Thread. It's still very much news where I live, but I happen to live in the city it happened in.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fried Chicken posted:

Starting to feel desensitized to the violence? Let me help with that - the location had their Christmas party yesterday

This is what someone just shot up.

So, how long until someone sees this and spins this shooting into being about the War on Christmas?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

pathetic little tramp posted:

If it helps, it may not have had anything to do with disabled kids - apparently there was an outside group renting space at the facility today and that seems to be where the shooting took place.

I've known people personally who, in hushed tones, wished for the death and purging of the mentally disabled for being a waste of resources. I can't say I'm surprised.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Cabbit posted:

So, how long until someone sees this and spins this shooting into being about the War on Christmas?
I predict, let's say... Mike Huckabee will say something to this effect within 24 hours

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

JT Jag posted:

Or lack there of

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
CNN had a breaking news banner saying police were being dispatched to vulnerable sites as a protective measure. Universities, Hospitals, Planned Parenthoods. Then it updated a few minutes later to remove the Planned Parenthood part.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Well, some people were advocating for doubling down on bullet proof vests for students and concealed carry for adults, so there's that.

With all these shootings and and people helpless to do anything about it, you'd think we were in Burundi, not a country number one in GDP in the world.

Google bulletproof whiteboards... then imagine school drills of kids forming a testudo to help bring you back from the brink of rage.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Police spokeswoman now claiming multiple shooters, dressed in "military style" equipment

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

:perfect:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Indianapolis has updated about the situation at the hospital, not an active shooter, now someone with a gun on the premises related to a robbery

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Police spokeswoman now claiming multiple shooters, dressed in "military style" equipment

Watch as it turns out that these are actual ISIS terrorists. And then the country loses its mind.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Chicken posted:

Indianapolis has updated about the situation at the hospital, not an active shooter, now someone with a gun on the premises related to a robbery
Oh good I thought for a moment this situation might be getting out of hand.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Is it time to have a US Mass Shootings thread, this is happening often enough to deserve it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Watch as it turns out that these are actual ISIS terrorists. And then the country loses its mind.

Maybe this would finally be the motivation to make guns harder to obtain.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I can't even fathom how bad things will get if (when) there is another high profile attack on American soil. If ISIS hit us now this entire country will go straight loving insane.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
There should be a separate mass shootings thread because they will never affect politics and happen all the loving time.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

LionYeti posted:

Is it time to have a US Mass Shootings thread, this is happening often enough to deserve it.

You act like this is the second one today!

(It is. This is the second mass shooting today.)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
one of the police scanners said they were middle eastern looking. scary if that turns out to be true.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Chicken posted:

I can't even fathom how bad things will get if (when) there is another high profile attack on American soil. If ISIS hit us now this entire country will go straight loving insane.
I can fathom exactly how bad things will get: President Trump.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Let's see how TFR posters are handling this!

stealie72 posted:

Whelp, looks like the next large-scale shooting is in a San Bernadino social service office, possibly with three people doing the shooting, possibly with body armor. Or, you know, possibly not.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-up-to-20-shot-in-san-bernardino-active-shooter-sought-20151202-story.html

Every time this kind of thing pops up on my news feed, all I can think is "Man, I really gotta get off my rear end and get an AR while they're still cheap." Am I an inhuman monster?

stealie72 posted:

In light of this tragedy we need to close the "states are located next to neighboring states" loophole.

edit: I'm not really trying to be a callous rear end in a top hat, but the script for these things is just so well worn by now, it's hard to not mock it.
Cool!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Please don't summon them here.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

haveblue posted:

Never ever.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

There would be calls from "serious" news outlets to send anyone suspected of being a Daesh sympathizer to Gitmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

For it to be a group of people (which lessens the probability of a disgruntled employee/ex patient) that attack an autism facility... the only that WOULD make sense is either:

a.) Actual ISIS or otherwise terrorists that are seeking to hit an extremely emotional and vulnerable target

b.) Idiots intending to hit a PP but got mixed up and his the wrong "medical facility."

• Locked thread