Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

what

what the gently caress does this even mean?

Wait, is he being serious? I don't know who Erick Erickson is and I just assumed it was a joke.

Edit: Oh my god, it's real.

Improper Umlaut fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Radbot posted:

It's so funny how it went from "white shooter" to "let's discuss why ISIS does this" within two pages based on fourth hand hearsay

Oh come one people were being speculative... not assuming the rumors were true. Just saying "if it WERE terrorists, then why here?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

Wait, is he being serious? I don't know who Erick Erickson is and I just assumed it was a joke.

Erick, son of Erick is a professional dumbass and is best ignored outside of mocking him.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also Homeland Security is dronin' it up out there: http://www.flightradar24.com/8266504

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

No one has hotter takes than Erick Erickson.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Radbot posted:

It's so funny how it went from "white shooter" to "let's discuss why ISIS does this" within two pages based on fourth hand hearsay
I don't regret what I've done.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

zoux posted:

No one has hotter takes than Erick Erickson.

Reminder that Erick Erickson is afraid to go see Star Wars because of ISIS, but thinks liberals are silly bedwetters for wanting to do something about mass shootings that now happen daily.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

BonoMan posted:

Also Homeland Security is dronin' it up out there: http://www.flightradar24.com/8266504

They make full-size passenger aircraft drones now?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Touché.

:wow:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Radbot posted:

Hell yeah they do! Gotta fit all that outdated camera equipment in there somehow.

I really meant "surveillance" more than actual "drone."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

101st Airborne should be able to handle the burning firearm piles, and lines for the weapon turn ins can be handled by the Marines. Obama can have an executive order executed in time before Congress has a chance to impeach him. We can be gun free by Christmas Day.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BonoMan posted:

Oh come one people were being speculative... not assuming the rumors were true. Just saying "if it WERE terrorists, then why here?"

We're just asking questions!!!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Radbot posted:

Yeah, drones and other military aircraft aren't going to show up on flightradar24 or flightaware.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BonoMan posted:

well as long as we're making poo poo up speculating i'm going to say it's because they hate our freedoms

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
It's sounding more and more like this guy got away and there's going to be a multi-state manhunt for weeks form here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The biggest reason I'm confident this isn't an ISIS thing is that an ISIS fighter usually wouldn't take such pains to conceal their identity and get away.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm pretty sure ISIS wouldn't shoot up San loving Berdoo when LA is a few miles away.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

JT Jag posted:

The biggest reason I'm confident this isn't an ISIS thing is that an ISIS fighter usually wouldn't take such pains to conceal their identity and get away.

Well that and the third party at the conference situation is starting to take away the "why would someone shoot up an autism center!" angle. It's like a domestic "dispute" with the company holding their party there.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Radbot posted:

If it's white guys who did it then loving nothing will happen, like usual. It'll just be one more depressingly common mass shooting.:smithicide:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Radbot posted:

I'm pretty sure ISIS wouldn't shoot up San loving Berdoo when LA is a few miles away.

So is camp pendleton, coronado naval base, and san onofre nuclear plant.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just face palming at the knee jerk ISIS speculation here. Good job, guys. :bravo:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fade5 posted:

If it's white guys who did it then loving nothing will happen, like usual. It'll just be one more depressingly common mass shooting.:smithicide:

Which is preferable, really, to the absolute freak out that we'd experience if it's Daesh.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Officially 14 dead, 14 wounded.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Police Chief Jarrod Burguan says 14 dead, 14 wounded.

Suspects fled, no ID on them.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

fade5 posted:

Three white guys doing it at once is sure to make a stir of some sort. It just probably won't get the standard wish list of reactionary laws that wouldn't have prevented a typical mass shooting.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Jesus christ 14+ dead?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

FourLeaf posted:

Jesus christ 14+ dead?

They're with Jesus now actually. mistakesintomiracles.jpg

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Just face palming at the knee jerk ISIS speculation here. Good job, guys. :bravo:

Holy Christ shut up.

The conversation went like this:

"There is a, most likely false, eyewitness report of a middle eastern person."

"That's dumb... why would a terrorist shoot up a place like that?"

"Well if they were to do it, it would be because..."

I don't think one single person said "I think it's ISIS because..."

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

FourLeaf posted:

Jesus christ 14+ dead?

Cool now we'll be guaranteed another sincere and heartfelt Obama speech that will likely have no effect on anything.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

They're with Jesus now actually. mistakesintomiracles.jpg

Oh gently caress off.

E: Ugh. I know that was a joke. I'm just upset. Sorry.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

Cool now we'll be guaranteed another sincere and heartfelt Obama speech that will likely have no effect on anything.
Maybe this'll all stop if he just swears in one of them. Like there's a national conspiracy of people who really want to see Obama just loving lose it, and this is their plan.

It's more comforting than the alternative.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FourLeaf posted:

Oh gently caress off.

He's not wrooooong :unsmigghh:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Maybe this'll all stop if he just swears in one of them. Like there's a national conspiracy of people who really want to see Obama just loving lose it, and this is their plan.

It's more comforting than the alternative.
Key and Peele ended because Obama needs to start employing Luther the Anger Translator irl

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

FourLeaf posted:

Oh gently caress off.

E: Ugh. I know that was a joke. I'm just upset. Sorry.

I live about 90 minutes away from this and have been treated at the medical center next door. I mean I have to laugh at this because the alternative (i.e. reality both that it happened and the response) is way loving more depressing.

JT Jag posted:

Key and Peele ended because Obama needs to start employing Luther the Anger Translator irl

The correspondence dinner with Luther was legit.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

He already did though.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
What could Obama do, even in a legally grey area way, to in someway address gun control? Is there anything he can do via executive order that might help even a little?

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I really hope that it was white people and not ISIS, because this country can act with restraint against white people.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

JT Jag posted:

Salah Abdeslam is still free

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RusteJuxx posted:

What could Obama do, even in a legally grey area way, to in someway address gun control? Is there anything he can do via executive order that might help even a little?

It doesn't matter what he does because every red state will say they won't do it and every usual suspect will just call for his impeachment no matter what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I would've loved to have been in the room when Keegan-Michael Key got the call from Obama's people. :allears:

Martin Random posted:

I really hope that it was white people and not ISIS, because this country can act with restraint against white people.

This but (possibly?) unironically.

• Locked thread