Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
"You saw the scene?"
"I have video :smug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

OAquinas posted:

In other countries, this would be a shocking and revolutionary event. For the Freedom loving US, this is a Wednesday.

Excuse me! We call it Hump Day in America.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

OAquinas posted:

In other countries, this would be a shocking and revolutionary event. For the Freedom loving US, this is a Wednesday.

The US is competing with Burundi for greatest apathy towards shooting events and live killings.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
NBC news just said that the report that one was in custody is incorrect.

According to them 2 are still on the run.

EDIT: Maybe that was an old broadcast? Wtf nbc.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I know the bodies aren't cold yet but did Obama start taking everyone's guns?! :ohdear:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

CarterUSM posted:

Listening to the speech tones and cadences of a traffic reporter talk about the detours and traffic disruptions caused by the live killing of two suspects in a mass-shooting is just surreal.

Well I mean yeah... have you even experienced traffic in CA?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I know the bodies aren't cold yet but did Obama start taking everyone's guns?! :ohdear:

No, he's just as resigned and dead inside as we are. :smith::hf::smith:

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Pohl posted:

Wait are there 3 or 4 people?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pohl posted:

what? jesus, how many of these guys are there.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i sure loving hope so

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yes. They knocked on my door and asked for my gun. Then gave me a check for $150. Even said please and thank you.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
That might have been a replay from earlier? They said they were going live to NBC news and I don't even know anymore.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It's too soon you cold hearted opportunist. Stop using this tragedy for your politics. We need time to heal.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Who's ready for this to result in a loosening of gun laws

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

No, he's just as resigned and dead inside as we are. :smith::hf::smith:

The last one he just seemed so defeated. It's just getting worse.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

This lady talks like her teeth are always clenched

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well I mean yeah... have you even experienced traffic in CA?

Not personally, but I know a guy...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Epic High Five posted:

Who's ready for this to result in a loosening of gun laws

If those mentally ill kids had guns, they could have stopped this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

This lady talks like her teeth are always clenched

I mean, she's probably not having an awesome day

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what? jesus, how many of these guys are there.

Live police conference says "I don't know." Assumptions are 3 total, 2 being "dealt with."

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean, she's probably not having an awesome day

yeah :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the number is being hosed because reports are coming in in different amounts, but it seems to be a total of 3 no matter what, right now 2 'down' and 1 dead it sounds.,

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
"I don't know."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

"I don't know."

I'm just waiting for a person in these conferences to just say 'do you think I was there or something dude'

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Joementum posted:

Harry Reid notices that there's a reconciliation bill on the Senate floor to repeal Obamacare and defund PP and cracks his trolling knuckles.

first they came for the people who harass women at abortion clinics, and i did not speak up, for i did not harass women at abortion clinics

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Would getting one of these guys arrive and getting their testimonies and poo poo change anything?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Looking forward to the right holding this up as "see, the police shoot white people too!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

“So, EPA, by cutting this back, is going against the law that Congress passed.” - Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley (D)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Artificer posted:

Would getting one of these guys arrive and getting their testimonies and poo poo change anything?

It's pretty much always a good thing to have an actual suspect in custody rather than a corpse, in the sense of an investigation and justice rather than pure 'I want them to be punished for bad things'.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Artificer posted:

lol no

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh did you mean stop the vultures and poo poo? Oh my no.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phayray posted:

Looking forward to the right holding this up as "see, the police shoot white people too!"

They'll probably say almost nothing at all until an enormous reach like, "10 years ago the shooter dropped out of boy scouts, obviously he's an America-hating liberal" surfaces and then drill that hard

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

"I grew all this drat corn and I need some of that sweet government mandated money for it!" - Someone from Iowa

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So there was no guy in the van?

DOMESTIC TERRORISM SHOUT OUT ON KABC NEWS.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Popular Thug Drink posted:

its extremely unlikely that the south would still exist, its economy was based almost entirely around cotton production and it's unlikely that would change after the cotton barons won a war of independence. in the late 1800 cotton took a giant hit due to expanded global production and the boll weevil, so then you have the south's economy collapsing at most a few decades after the war, at a time when the north's industrial economy is growing tremendously

assuming that the south somehow managed to survive this economic shock, the almost certain large scale self smuggling of hundreds of thousands of slaves to a much more welcoming north, and the tricky navigation of a certified constitutionally guaranteed slave state in an era when slavery really starts to become unpopular, all with a vengeful and industrially powerful hostile neighbor, the relatiohship would be probably less hostile but far more imbalanced as a power differential than india/pakistan

The price tanked because southern seccession ignited the great game for central asia; without seccession, its unlikely that the initial capital would have been put up to expand cotton-growing operations in Bukhara and Egypt.

Habitual Quitter
Jun 26, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's pretty much always a good thing to have an actual suspect in custody rather than a corpse, in the sense of an investigation and justice rather than pure 'I want them to be punished for bad things'.

What? Are you sure? Because that sounds pretty close to the criminal justice system to me.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So there was no guy in the van?

DOMESTIC TERRORISM SHOUT OUT ON KABC NEWS.

there was, they dragged him out with a meat hook no joke.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
With the last shooting it was kind of obvious what the motive was. This , who loving knows?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sparatuvs posted:

there was, they dragged him out with a meat hook no joke.
...but that's all three, isn't it?

Who are they looking for right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Guy in a wife beater and carrying a motorcycle helmet being interviewed. He actually sounds more lucid than some of the news reporters.

• Locked thread