Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
8 hours later and all we know for sure is people be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

radical meme posted:

It's in the story he cited so blame The Daily Beast if you're looking for the responsible party.

That aside; this story just gets more hosed up with every turn.

How often does FBI take control of mass shooting investigations? Sounds like an event with a lot of planning, of a cell which went operational after being triggered by a christmas party.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Republicans posted:

How many workplace shootings involve multiple shooters, though?

Granted, that's different. From my understanding though, the police haven't confirmed three shooters yet, just the two who are dead (one male, one female) and a third person detained who may not be related.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Black Baby Goku posted:

Are you guys hoping this isn't ISIS because that would mean a Trump presidency?

It sure doesn't seem like ISIS since they went in, shot a very specific group of people and left immediately.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Are you guys hoping this isn't ISIS because that would mean a Trump presidency?

I'm mostly worried about Islamophobia reaching a fever pitch in general. A Trump presidency is just one aspect of that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

My Imaginary GF posted:

How often does FBI take control of mass shooting investigations? Sounds like an event with a lot of planning, of a cell which went operational after being triggered by a christmas party.

A manchurian candidate triggered by "Jingle Bells"

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I'm mostly worried about Islamophobia reaching a fever pitch in general. A Trump presidency is just one aspect of that.

Do you think people should be worried about radicalized Islamic terror in this US?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

My Imaginary GF posted:

It just doesn't seem like typical terror cell MO with the running and all.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
This will probably get lost in the GUN GUN GUN, but a Colorado Representative has finally delivered the hot take we've all been waiting for.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexicon1 posted:

Boston, Charlie Hebdo, Paris, ect

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Middle Easterners receiving lots of packages! :happyelf:

Man, this LA news station is going pretty hard on the 1984 tactics in response.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Do you think people should be worried about radicalized white people in this US?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Meanwhile in San Fransico today....

https://www.instagram.com/p/-z3eBvPopx/

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Glumslinger posted:

A manchurian candidate triggered by the "Jingle Bells"

Think about it --- what if it was a terrorist cell involving an individual who worked for local government? What sort of reaction do you expect from "TERRORISTS INFILTRATE GOVERNMENT" blaring on Fox for the next month?

Rexicon1 posted:

Why not? They may have had multiple targets in mind. Or, is it too surprising that terrorists are cowards?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

My Imaginary GF posted:

:v: USPOL Dec: The War on Christmas -- ISIL has joined the fray

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Black Baby Goku posted:

Do you think people should be worried about radicalized Islamic terror in this US?

People should be worried about chronic shitposters with multipage rapsheets.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't think it should be near the top of our concerns, quite frankly. We're better at killing ourselves than islamic extremists

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unzip and Attack posted:

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't think it should be near the top of our concerns, quite frankly. We're better at killing ourselves than islamic extremists

so there is nothing to worry about then?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Also remember the Olympic Atlanta bombings and everyone accusing that security guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Boston, Charlie Hebdo, Paris, ect

I don't think Paris or CH shitheads actually ran to get away, but to kill more people before they got offed.

And weren't the Boston guys not part of ISIS?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Winkie01 posted:

holy poo poo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Glumslinger posted:

A manchurian candidate triggered by "Jingle Bells"

If they were playing Paul McCartney's (Simply Having a) Wonderful Christmastime, well violence is never justified, but

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

What the gently caress

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Rexicon1 posted:

You do know that one of the Paris terrorists was killed while on the run and there's still a manhunt for another, right?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexicon1 posted:

I don't think Paris or CH shitheads actually ran to get away, but to kill more people before they got offed.

They ran, didn't they?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Black Baby Goku posted:

so there is nothing to worry about then?

Well maybe we could try to reduce the ease of access to high powered weapons? Or we could just throw everyone in jail, since you never know when something will turn them into a rampaging ahooter, since it seems like the motivations of most these mass shootings are "unknown"?

Or I could stop arguing with people who post in FYAD, but that has less chance of happening than federal gun control taking place

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Unzip and Attack posted:

MIGF only has 44 probations though

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Glumslinger posted:

Well maybe we could try to reduce the ease of access to high powered weapons? Or we could just throw everyone in jail, since you never know when something will turn them into a rampaging ahooter, since it seems like the motivations of most these mass shootings are "unknown"

You won't take away peoples guns, or the ease of access to them. Now what?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Winkie01 posted:

The crisis actors are among us.

nicholas.y.harpso posted:

is this a good video edit or is there a video of this man being executed? it looks fisher when an officer's gun crosses in front of the light post, we never see him get shot, a round goes off with no visible impact, etc. there is no pretense as to why this happened either. I've seen student video work like this before. give the details.

:doh:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

You do know that one of the Paris terrorists was killed while on the run and there's still a manhunt for another, right?

I guess part of me is in denial because I'm already touchy about the fever of racism that was all over my thanksgiving table.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Rexicon1 posted:

Why, as a matter of fact, they were a couple of shithead kids with high ideals who predated Daesh. I do believe you may be correct!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Black Baby Goku posted:

You won't take away peoples guns, or the ease of access to them. Now what?

Then the jail thing

Or just let more people get killed, because obviously we're too useless and weak to actaully address things. Maybe smoothrich was right, and the weak US is worse than the Slavs, and our inability to prevent mass shootings every loving week is proof

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
When asked to explain why he would classify the deadly shooting as a hate crime, Carson said, "Well it's hard to imagine that you would shoot a bunch of people if you didn't hate them, right? You don't do that to people you love."

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Glumslinger posted:

Then the jail thing

Or just let more people get killed, because obviously we're too useless and weak to actaully address things. Maybe smoothrich was right, and the weak US is worse than the Slavs, and our inability to prevent mass shootings every loving week is proof

California’s gun laws are rated A- by the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Tied for the top toughest gun laws with 5 other liberal states.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

Jeeeezus. Was that guy even holding a weapon? A bystander told him to "drop it" but I couldn't make out anything in his hands.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Black Baby Goku posted:

California’s gun laws are rated A- by the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Tied for the top toughest gun laws with 5 other liberal states.
Federalize gun control.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Winkie01 posted:

That guys still alive. :dogbutton:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/tag/shooting/

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Black Baby Goku posted:

yeah but they grade on a curve

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Also remember the Olympic Atlanta bombings and everyone accusing that security guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Yeah, poor guy had his life loving ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Black Baby Goku posted:

And without federal laws, they're just gonna buyt their poo poo in Nevada and Arizona

So if we pass federal control, then we can elect trump to build the wall and stop the from being smuggled in from mexico

Or just keep letting people die, since that is the easy and right thing?

Or is the right thing to arm everyone, so you always have a gun to shoot that shifty looking guy?

• Locked thread