Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Bodhi was Reagan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

The BBQ pack is the single greatest piece of DLC that isn't in the GOTY bundle. The flamethrower is the best weapon in the game and has only gotten better with the crimefest rebalance.
Plus you get the ability to set The Flames of Love as your menu music and never change it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Are we finally going to get a goddamn Reagan mask now? Its on the loving perk icon. We have a literal Bodhi film tie in. Give me that loving plastic Ronny Raygun mask.

I don't even care if you make it Deathwish. Make me work for it, go ahead OVERKILL. Just put it in the game.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://angusmcleod.deviantart.com/art/Buddy-575831790

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I don't get it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

i dont either

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Are we finally going to get a goddamn Reagan mask now? Its on the loving perk icon. We have a literal Bodhi film tie in. Give me that loving plastic Ronny Raygun mask.

I don't even care if you make it Deathwish. Make me work for it, go ahead OVERKILL. Just put it in the game.

With our luck, it'll be Dukakis in a tank helmet.

Wait, now I'm conflicted.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
give me a carter mask, lbj mask, fdr mask, jfk mask, teddy mask, and an abe lincoln hat

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

give me a carter mask, lbj mask, fdr mask, jfk mask, teddy mask, and an abe lincoln hat

Buy more skins and maybe one day.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Plan Z posted:

Buy more skins and maybe one day.

mr almir you PROMISED me STUPID poo poo to spend money on

where's the stupid poo poo?!?!?!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The BBQ pack is the single greatest piece of DLC that isn't in the GOTY bundle. The flamethrower is the best weapon in the game and has only gotten better with the crimefest rebalance.

but more importantly it turns your regular crimes into war crimes

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Deviant posted:

but more importantly it turns your regular crimes into war crimes

I always liked the thread title "BBQ DLC turns this game into Spec Ops: The Crime"

Also the memory of that first Rats day 1 on BBQ release day still gets me where not one cop died to bullets, and all the screaming...

I wonder if people taste good.jpg is probably the second finest thing this thread has produced behind alan smithee shame cuffed.mp4

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

mr almir you PROMISED me STUPID poo poo to spend money on

where's the stupid poo poo?!?!?!

Overkill promised to release stupid poo poo, but they haven't. Let's contact Steam technical support.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

i like it

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Missing boxcutter

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Just finished a GO Bank where we had mostly stealthed it, but then managed to miss one phone call (ridiculous in of itself - local bank doesn't answer within 3 rings = robbery by evil mega-criminals and cue for giant swarm of heavily-armed police?). So we fought out the remainder of the heist with lovely stealth weapons and I found that a silenced Gruber Kurz with iron sights is surprisingly effective for killing dozers. :v:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Wastrel_ posted:

Just finished a GO Bank where we had mostly stealthed it, but then managed to miss one phone call (ridiculous in of itself - local bank doesn't answer within 3 rings = robbery by evil mega-criminals and cue for giant swarm of heavily-armed police?). So we fought out the remainder of the heist with lovely stealth weapons and I found that a silenced Gruber Kurz with iron sights is surprisingly effective for killing dozers. :v:

Some of my favorite moments in PD2 have been when a lobby busted stealth and did the thing anyway with suits and sawn-off guns/silenced baby pistols. It can add a fun dimension of challenge sometimes, much like some of the specific loadout cheevo runs do.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

When, on the last day of Proverkill Firestarter, someone says stealth and we've all got suits and silenced weapons, I don't need no stinking Grinder deck to stay alive. Not bringing the poison bow might help, though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Weird little briefing by Garrett on Bodhi.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Any bodhi that isn't of bodhi's pool repair isn't my bodhi.

bodhi.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
BONJOUR, IT'S MITCHELL. OVER ON KEEL STREET

THE PIPES, YOU KNOW

odds on Counterfeit being the next Classic Heist?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Honestly, if Nu-Bodhi's constantly spouting New Wave-y Crimelightenment bullshit, I'll be perfectly happy with it. Tell me more about your pursuit of apotheosis by blowing off Taser faces, Guru Bodhi. :allears:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Mankind is a slave to its own economy and that's why we need to shoot everyone in this bank.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"Pain is just mental, as are all your limitations! Free yourself of their shackles and get the gently caress up!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
just have nubodhi start singing snippets of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atKUCxXanXA at random intervals

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Coolguye posted:

just have nubodhi start singing snippets of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atKUCxXanXA at random intervals

I'm having really bad Dead Rising flashbacks now. :argh:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Same, except really good Dead Rising flashbacks. :cheers:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
3.9 GB download. :holymoley:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Psion posted:

BONJOUR, IT'S MITCHELL. OVER ON KEEL STREET

THE PIPES, YOU KNOW

:swoon:

I still say Payday 1 had better levels and Payday 2 until recently has just been shameful remixes.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

TopHatGenius posted:

3.9 GB download. :holymoley:

Its about time but oh god this had to hit with the KF2 update. And the Xenoblade preloading and ughhhh.

And no Reagan mask. :(

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 3, 2015

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
No Reagan mask, no buys.

Wait, this poo poo is free.

:suicide:

Edit: all the good things about Point Break, the original, seem to be missing from this film and indeed this update and that is heartbreaking.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 3, 2015

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Anyone have the changelog for those who can't access it at work?

Skunkrocker posted:

Edit: all the good things about Point Break, the original, seem to be missing from this film and indeed this update and that is heartbreaking.

Yeah, I was going to give the movie the benefit of a doubt at first, but then I watched a trailer and it just seemed so dull for the name. They could have just as easily changed a handful of things and lost any association with Point Break and I wouldn't treat it so harshly.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Its just a shameless Hollywood/Chinese cash in as they've already seen the film and likely have made it successful regardless of the rest of the world ala Dragonball Evolution. At least the heist should be good, right?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
explosionface the changelog is on the Overkill website and not really easily list-ified but, short version:

new heists, new achievements, new weapons, masks, patterns, materials, all the usual stuff

new weapon re-rebalance (what you expected from previous discussion)
some of the new VO they were talking about (they explicitly say not all of it)
bug fixes for Aftershock, FWB and Slaughterhouse
you get XP per-day of several multiday heists as opposed to in a lump sum all at the end
vehicle camera controls
general bugfixes and crash fixes

I'm sure someone will work up a nice long quotable list. Probably reddit. Somebody else can quote that though :v:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's easy enough to copy as is:

Changelog 91 posted:

The Point Break Heists DLC

2 new heists – Beneath the Mountain & Birth of Sky
10 new achievements – 5 for each heist
A new pistol secondary weapon
Four melee weapons
6 new songs added- 2 all-new heist themes composed by Simon Viklund, and 4 menu. themes from the Point Break soundtrack – http://smarturl.it/PointBreak
New contact – Locke
4 masks, materials and patterns

The Bodhi Character Pack

Bodhi – a new playable character
A new sniper rifle primary weapon
A new melee weapon
A new perk deck featuring 9 perks
2 new masks

Weapons

The current weapon balance beta has now ended. Thanks to everyone who participated, there is still more work to be done however. The next step is to continue discussing the weapon balance with the community and set up another beta in early 2016.

Weapon Changes - Assault Rifles

All Assault Rifles have had their accuracy increased by 8

Weapon Changes - Pistols

STRYK 18 Pistol: Damage from 38 to 35
Chimano 88 Pistol: Damage from 38 to 35
Deagle Pistol: Damage from 160 to 145
Crosskill Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Bernetti 9 Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
Bronco .44 Revolver: Damage from 190 to 175
Interceptor 45 Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Chimano Custom Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Gruber Kurz Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
Signature .40 Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Chimano Compact Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
Broomstick Pistol: Damage from 40 to 37
LEO Pistol: Damage from 80 to 65
Peacemaker .45 Revolver: Damage from 195 to 180
Matever .357: Damage from 195 to 180

General Weapon Changes

All weapons have had their ammo pick up rate increased. Weapons with a high total ammo will benefit most from this change

Weapon Changes - Shotguns

M1014 Shotgun: Damage from 30 to 40
Predator 12G Shotgun: Damage from 30 to 40
Izhma 12G Shotgun: Damage from 23 to 33
Steakout 12G Shotgun: Damage from 23 to 33
Street Sweeper Shotgun: Damage from 23 to 33

Perk and Skill Changes

Gunslinger: Akimbo Pistols will now benefit from the skill in the same way as pistols. Akimbo Pistols damage from 7.5 to 15
Disturbing the Peace: The panic effect can now be triggered by all weapons

Weapon Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where some shotguns didn’t fire all 12 pellets
Fixed an issue where the projectile fall off by some shotguns was too severe
Normalized the projectile fall off difference among all shotguns
Fixed an issue where the Accuracy bonus from crouching and aiming down sight didn’t apply properly

Sound

Added more voice lines for Dallas*
Added more voice lines for Hoxton*
Added more voice lines for Houston*
Added more voice lines for Chains*
Added more voice lines for Clover*
Added more voice lines for Bonnie*
Added more voice lines for John Wick*
Added more voice lines for Jacket*
Added more voice lines for Sokol*
Added more voice lines for Jiro*
Added more voice lines for Dragan*
Added more robber lines in First World Bank*
Added more robber lines in Slaughterhouse*

* Please note: this is a partial addition from the “Big VO update” that we are continuously adding to the game.
Slaughterhouse Heist

Moved some containers and props in the escape to avoid players getting stuck while opening them
Fixed two graph issues in open containers in the container yard, they can now be randomly closed
Moved a coat hanger that you could get stuck on
Fixed an issue with cloaker spawn
Fixed a few portal issues

Vehicles

Added an option to change the camera view in vehicles for the driver by clicking the right mouse button while driving a vehicle
Added an ‘edit keys option’ for vehicles

Aftershock Heist

Fixed performance issues on the heist
Fixed an error in the heist description

First World Bank Heist

In stealth, manager detects you,but heist doesn't go loud
Magnetic lock computer can be hacked through wall
Fixed missaligned spotlights
Sniper on the right side could shoot through roof
Crash when dropping of loot in the vent
Dominating the camera security guard in the first area will not disable the cams

Level Experience Rework

Experience is rewarded for each day instead of after the contract is completed. The experience reward system has been reworked on the following heists:

Hoxton Revenge
Big Oil
GO Bank
Framing Frame
Art Gallery
Diamond Store
Hoxton Breakout
Hotline Miami

Other

Fixed an issue where stamina would not regenerate while looking through a camera
Fixed an issue where damage skills would not work properly while being tased
Fixed an issue with a crash related to Captain Winters entering the heist
Fixed an issue with Chains VO volume for his inspire lines

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So looks like they just made the initial beta changes live with a promise of another beta in "early 2016" :effort:

Also I went to the trouble of formatting the changelogs but gently caress it I was beaten

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
One new melee weapon? I thought they showed off four of them, including a machete and a selfie stick you can beat cops to death with?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The other ones come with the map pack. The utility knife is the free one with Bodhi.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

you get XP per-day of several multiday heists as opposed to in a lump sum all at the end
I wonder if this means you'll actually get the XP bonuses from picking up packages on days that aren't the final day now. Not that getting that pittance of XP matters but it was always funny to me in an :overkill: sort of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I can't find the new sniper rifle anywhere.