Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

flosofl posted:

I'm the children crushed to death.

Thin privilege is not being crushed to death by a giant nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Lowly posted:

This is what a dancer's feet look like (spoilered because it's gross):

I thought that bandaid was a flap of skin at first :barf:, so thank God for small mercies, I guess.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Rick_Hunter posted:

This is what I thought of when I read that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmD_69pXpk

Knew it even before I clicked it. Every wacky ~*<--monkeycheese-->*~ thing I ever read online, I hear it in the voices of these annoying shits.

The good stuff all sounds like Sam Elliott.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

MonoAus posted:

So basically: "Hey guys! hehehe wouldn't it be funny if someone who really liked superman hehehehe thought that superman 64 was going to be a really good game heheheh and then it wasn't???? because superman 64 is so terrible! get it??? LOL"

Apple white is a treasure

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I watched that all the way through. I even read the Google Doc footnote the video linked to, assuming it was an apology of some sort or maybe would reveal that it had been a performance art piece meant to drive home the random horror that is a universe devoid of meaning or purpose.

And all I learned was that they buy foam to make costumes for furries on the internet.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

This is what I thought of when I read that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmD_69pXpk

I had forgotten that this video exists.

I'd like to forget again soon.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Troper Tales are an endless source of...well, not exactly joy.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Pththya-lyi posted:

The Tragedy of Supermanager

I was there, I was the torn shirt

I was there too, I was the guy inexplicably believing one of Applewhite's tall tales was meant to be serious.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I like that video because who didn't act silly as a teenager, i mean i dont know why theyre so excited about foam but whatever. it's weird and stupid and embarrassing in a fun way and they probably look back on it with fondness as miserable adults

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

With Every ‘Like’ I Like You Less
Electronics, Retail | Birmingham, AL, USA | Bad Behavior, Technology

(A young teenage girl walks in the store:)

Girl: *with attitude* “I, like, bought this $80 phone case like two months ago and it’s, like, completely broken now. Like, what do I do?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but the case is way past the store’s return policy; however, it does have a one-year manufacturer warranty you can go through.”

Girl: “That’s, like, so f****** unhelpful. You suck.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but that’s all I can help you with.”

Customer: *observing this conversation to me* “Please don’t apologize to that brat. She obviously just needs to work for something for the first time in her life.”

Girl: “This store sucks and I, like, so just wasted my gas for this s***.” *storms out of store*

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Darth Windu posted:

I like that video because who didn't act silly as a teenager, i mean i dont know why theyre so excited about foam but whatever. it's weird and stupid and embarrassing in a fun way and they probably look back on it with fondness as miserable adults

The amazing thing is that they're adults.

I actually watched the video this time and the stoic looks of everyone in their house/dorm are the faces of people that just don't have time for their poo poo anymore.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Darth Windu posted:

Nobody should ever look back fondly on their time as a furry/fursuit manufacturer. There are some things that aren't excusable, even for (mental or actual age) children.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

Nobody should ever look back fondly on their time as a furry/fursuit manufacturer. There are some things that aren't excusable, even for (mental or actual age) children.

"I was young and needed the money".

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Murphy Brownback posted:

Just based on the small number of furries I've met who got out of that poo poo, they don't. A lot of them realize how hosed up and lonely they were and how worse the people in those communities tend to be than the normal people they would bitch about. Of course that's not considering the insane number of furries that never grow out of it and just remain creepy, increasingly old, perverts until they die and get an online furry funeral.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how do you even suspend a bus how will those kids get to school now

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Maybe that bus should get a job away from those constantly fighting children.

Isn't a school bus touching children most of the time anyway?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Maybe that bus should get a job away from those constantly fighting children.

Isn't a school bus touching children most of the time anyway?

Worse still. It's always touching their arse.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nuebot posted:

Just based on the small number of furries I've met who got out of that poo poo, they don't. A lot of them realize how hosed up and lonely they were and how worse the people in those communities tend to be than the normal people they would bitch about. Of course that's not considering the insane number of furries that never grow out of it and just remain creepy, increasingly old, perverts until they die and get an online furry funeral.

Do furries bury their own in giant shoe boxes?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

reformed bad troll posted:

Worse still. It's always touching their arse.

hosed up man.

Nuebot posted:

Who was the goon that was very into the London furry scene and now looks back on it pretty bitterly? Camrath I think?

He made a pretty interesting "I was a furry ama" thread a couple months ago.

And yeah it's pretty much what you're saying.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Paladinus posted:

Do furries bury their own in giant shoe boxes?

No, people just draw art of their fursonas ~Never Forget~ style then jerk off to it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Tunicate posted:

"I was young and needed the money".

Considering you can get upwards of $2k for a reasonable fursuit, that's not a bad reason.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Alaois posted:

how do you even suspend a bus how will those kids get to school now

I don't even care about it being stdh any more because all I can think of is the magic school bus going beep beeep WHAM as it plows through one of the fight's participants in order to break it up

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Some local stdh.txt from a "Spotted" Facebook page in my home town. A nice touch is the "This story made it to the Daily Mail" as if that bastion of reliability adds any legitimacy :

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

None? of this happened? at all?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bogmonster posted:

Some local stdh.txt from a "Spotted" Facebook page in my home town. A nice touch is the "This story made it to the Daily Mail" as if that bastion of reliability adds any legitimacy :

I'm guessing that old man was 100% senile and shuffled straight out of a retirement home and into the Co-Op, by himself, and the biggest STDH of them all, the person behind the till knocking £2 off the price.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bogmonster posted:

Wait if that shop assistant was OK with giving the guy a 66% discount why didn't she give it to old dude?

I also love how the protagonist "nearly died" without any specification as to why. I'd like to think he had a stroke and hallucinated the stdh.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Eponine posted:

None? of this happened? at all?

I'd be seriously worried if my kid's first reaction to serious injuries is to pray.
Religious or not, that's some lovely patenting.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Non Serviam posted:

I'd be seriously worried if my kid's first reaction to serious injuries is to pray.
Religious or not, that's some lovely patenting.

There was just a study put about how kids raised by religious parents tend to be less altruistic and have more problems sharing with others than kids raised in non religious homes or homes where religion was not a justification for doing something kind.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Eponine posted:

There was just a study put about how kids raised by religious parents tend to be less altruistic and have more problems sharing with others than kids raised in non religious homes or homes where religion was not a justification for doing something kind.

I was raised a Catholic, and although my mom is still in the faith, I'm an agnostic. I was expected to call someone if I saw an accident. Prayer was not something we were supposed to do for poo poo like this.
The fact that someone would see this and think it's positive is really worrying.

Edit. Could you link the study? Sounds interesting

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That study was kinda lovely iirc. Very small samples of vastly different populations and the altruism was "will this kid share some stickers with another kid?"

And even then the results were not all that big.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A flag pole and an eagle? I hope these dangerous items get banned from school grounds immediately!

Also I didn't realize right away it must have been a sculpted eagle and had the weirdest visual of a tall flag pole slowly toppling over with an eagle clinging on for dear life going "what the gently caress maaaaaaaaan"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And then the eagle just carried the kid away.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Non Serviam posted:

I was raised a Catholic, and although my mom is still in the faith, I'm an agnostic. I was expected to call someone if I saw an accident. Prayer was not something we were supposed to do for poo poo like this.
The fact that someone would see this and think it's positive is really worrying.

Edit. Could you link the study? Sounds interesting

Where is OSHA that a sharp-rear end eagle flagpole is just falling on kids? Shouldn't that be a sign from god that it is weird and abnormal to have your country's flag mandatorily hanging in every classroom? Also thank you to the teacher who applied pressure to my kid's head wound instead of praying about it because that is probably why it just needed a staple instead of going through the kid's skull.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I don't think it's applying pressure to the wound that stopped the Eagle from piercing the skull :v:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Yeah it was the power of prayer. MY BAD.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm morbidly amused by the image of a kid getting clocked by a flagpole, and then a bunch of creepy kids encircle him and pray while he bleeds out, and then some adults stand around and stare slackjawed at the kids.

Actually now it's sounding like Village of the Damned.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

davidspackage posted:

I'm morbidly amused by the image of a kid getting clocked by a flagpole, and then a bunch of creepy kids encircle him and pray while he bleeds out, and then some adults stand around and stare slackjawed at the kids.

Actually now it's sounding like Village of the Damned.

That's honestly all I can think of. It's the most hilarious, frightening reaction to that situation.

My Lovely Horse posted:

A flag pole and an eagle? I hope these dangerous items get banned from school grounds immediately!

Also I didn't realize right away it must have been a sculpted eagle and had the weirdest visual of a tall flag pole slowly toppling over with an eagle clinging on for dear life going "what the gently caress maaaaaaaaan"

I was also confused by the setup. I assumed an eagle(live) was on top of the flagpole, then the pole broke. And then the pole sliced him on the head and then the eagle sliced him open too. A two-hit combo of pain

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
So as god knows (in advance i guess. or did he make the wound better during the praying?) that he will get some tasty prayers he intervened with his almightiness but only made the wound "not that bad"? And this is a success-story? This way of thinking fascinates me. I guess it's like someone in an abusive relationship being thankful for "not being beaten up that much today". Does this behavior have a name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

RabbitWizard posted:

So as god knows (in advance i guess. or did he make the wound better during the praying?) that he will get some tasty prayers he intervened with his almightiness but only made the wound "not that bad"? And this is a success-story? This way of thinking fascinates me. I guess it's like someone in an abusive relationship being thankful for "not being beaten up that much today". Does this behavior have a name?

Put them to the test and put them around a Stage 4 pancreatic cancer patient. I'm sure it will work out perfectly.

• Locked thread