Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

That title reads like an onion article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
There's no way Trump doesn't at least get the nomination. What, you think he's finally going to say something outrageous that chases off his supporters? The only candidates left to challenge him at this point are Cruz and Rubio, and once he sets his sights on them he will demolish them like he demolished Jeb. I think it's already down to Cruz and Trump, but only because I think Rubio is not as well liked as the right-wing establishment likes to pretend. There isn't going to be a Jeb comeback; Friend Ben has nowhere to go but down. Who else is there?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lessail posted:

Yeah, this is the right way to look at it. You just gotta hope that the only increase is in hateful rhetoric and nothing more.

The GOP have chipped away at every major political office in the country, and now it is far fetched they've bested us intellectually high-information Democrats for the top office in the land? Whoddathunkit!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

EvanSchenck posted:

Sure, but Nidal Hasan's workplace was a US military base full of US military personnel. It wasn't much of a leap for Hasan to see his victims as soldiers engaged in a war against his religion. These people were, what, clerks and health inspectors? I'm probably just giving Farook too much credit. Maybe he convinced himself that shooting local government officials in the armpit of California was a powerful blow for Islam.

Or it was the largest gathering of people with little/no security presence he could think of. Or he just really loving hated them, hence the shoot n' scoot.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

And everyone laughed at the concept of Trump being the front runner. No one is laughing anymore, because its legit scary a man like him could run this country.

He's the frontrunner in a race of retards; he'll have a tougher time pulling his "I'll do X super great because reasons!" schtick in the general.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

radical meme posted:

An all islamic lineup of perpetrators plays right into the NRA narrative of more guns for more people all day every day. There's not even a way to wedge an argument in about a need for gun restraint. Just loving loose the kraken and give everybody a gun at birth.

There's room for debate on this still. Should we give babies one gun? Or two?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
babies should be allowed to possess a theoretically infinite number of guns. anything less is tyranny.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BadOptics posted:

He's the frontrunner in a race of retards; he'll have a tougher time pulling his "I'll do X super great because reasons!" schtick in the general.

No he won't have a harder time, especially against Hillary, who won't win any debate against his style.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

radical meme posted:

An all islamic lineup of perpetrators plays right into the NRA narrative of more guns for more people all day every day. There's not even a way to wedge an argument in about a need for gun restraint. Just loving loose the kraken and give everybody a gun at birth.

Do you have a vague sense of unease and a hatred of brown people? We have just the thing for you!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

paranoid randroid posted:

babies should be allowed to possess a theoretically infinite number of guns. anything less is tyranny.

Well of course, but we're talking about how many guns the government will hand out at birth. No one was ever saying that the baby's relatives couldn't give them more. We're just talking about setting a legal minimum here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Black Baby Goku posted:

No he won't have a harder time, especially against Hillary, who won't win any debate against his style.

Am I wrong or his style basically just staying silent in the crowd and then say a witty one liner every now and then? That doesn't work in a 1 on 1 debate.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Hillary will attempt to sound tough on ISIS, and Trump will just guffah loudly, and win the debate.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ralepozozaxe posted:

That title reads like an onion article.

Lol, adding screenshot in case they change the headline ~

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Am I wrong or his style basically just staying silent in the crowd and then say a witty one liner every now and then? That doesn't work in a 1 on 1 debate.

You are wrong.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Since it was a medical facility, I am assuming that the IRC was a "gun free zone" but does anyone have any proof because my facebook feed is filled with people bemoaning gun free zones as the culprit behind this.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Nonsense posted:

The GOP have chipped away at every major political office in the country, and now it is far fetched they've bested us intellectually high-information Democrats for the top office in the land? Whoddathunkit!

I not disagreeing with that either because this will increase the GOP's chances!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

People said he was just the temporary front-runner and he would be out of the race in favor of an establishment figure by the fall. Well, it's nearly 6 months later and the only time he wasn't leading the polls was for about two weeks when Carson was leading instead. Trump clearly has a non-zero, almost-certainly-double-digit chance of the nomination at this point. And if he has the nomination, that could give him as much as 47% of the vote to start with.

C'mon, you're better than this. He can tap into the GOP nativist id all he wants, translating that level of crazy to the general without ending up with a bunch of spite votes against you no matter who the opponent is not happening.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary can't take any criticism whatsoever and will shrivel up next to the man who fires his mouth like an automatic weapon.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

ComradeCosmobot posted:

There's room for debate on this still. Should we give babies one gun? Or two?

And what if later the baby doesn't feel like the gun given at birth fits? What if later the baby regretted letting parents, doctors, or the government census forms dictate the firearms given, nay, ordained after birth? The baby should be given a choice.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Since it was a medical facility, I am assuming that the IRC was a "gun free zone" but does anyone have any proof because my facebook feed is filled with people bemoaning gun free zones as the culprit behind this.

If it wasn't a gun-free zone then, it is now. What, you think proving that it wasn't a gun-free zone would be good enough?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why'd this terrorist shoot up a christmas party, if religion had no connection?

Literally a War on Christmas, you might say?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_paradigm_shift posted:

C'mon, you're better than this. He can tap into the GOP nativist id all he wants, translating that level of crazy to the general without ending up with a bunch of spite votes against you no matter who the opponent is not happening.

The minority vote won't be there for Hillary. Trump will win against her. Just set yourself up for it now. It's over.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

toanoradian posted:

And what if later the baby doesn't feel like the gun given at birth fits? What if later the baby regretted letting parents, doctors, or the government census forms dictate the firearms given, nay, ordained after birth? The baby should be given a choice.
Humans genetically modified, children grow their own guns in the womb

Rate of miscarriages increases 1000%

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

loving pick your fights dude, 'gun free zone' arguments mean literally nothing

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Even ignoring Fox News's obvious outlier, even PPP could only muster a Clinton +1.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
It doesn't matter whether it was a gun free zone or not because the right will say it was anyway and no one will call them on it just like the shooting at that college in Oregon.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So how would Trump even have a chance at the general when Hilary can basically count on 100% of the Latino and Black vote?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how would Trump even have a chance at the general when Hilary can basically count on 100% of the Latino and Black vote?
The Mexicans love me - Donald Trump

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

she can't.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because there is no scarier demographic in the US more motivated than angry white people when elections come around.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure a concealed carry would have done wonders if the reports of body armor prove correct.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

JT Jag posted:

Humans genetically modified, children grow their own guns in the womb

Rate of miscarriages increases 1000%

Gunetics.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because the minority vote can be depressed very easily in a general election with a war atmosphere.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

If it wasn't a gun-free zone then, it is now. What, you think proving that it wasn't a gun-free zone would be good enough?

No, it was more that I was just wanting to see if it officially was. It is always interesting how people will find something to focus on. If this was not a gun free zone, it would then be burdening restrictions that keep people from conceal carrying.

But I have yet to see any mass shooting where the perpetrator specifically chose a place because it was a "gun free zone". Almost all mass shootings that I can think of had some specific reason as to why they were chosen but "gun free zone" is never one of them.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Especially after the documentary Diehard proved the need for guns at office Christmas parties.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Both groups have had organizations loudly threatening to stay home if Hillary can't actually put some actions behind her words on immigration and BLM (which she can't because of Republicans in Congress). No one has said anything remotely similar about Trump.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dude, just walk away from the computer. Make a good cup of your favorite beverage and put some of your favorite music on and chill

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Romney was ahead of Obama at certain points 1 year out then lost by almost 4%.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Because the minority vote can be depressed very easily in a general election with a war atmosphere.

Its my understanding that gerrymandering and voter suppression mostly affects local and congressional elections and not presidential ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It's actually a relief if the focus is on gun free zones over Muslims

• Locked thread