Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The Glumslinger posted:

Just let them have their narrative

No don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine
Terrorists usually tell you why they are terrorizing you

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Senf posted:

Officer at the presser just referred to "pipe bomb like" objects, too, so this didn't come from nowhere. I'm pretty sure it was reported earlier that they were not bombs, though.

The presser guy seemed to think they were but who knows. Them shooting the place then leaving fake bombs doesn't make any sense.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'm gonna go with this being the most plausible scenario.

How many other terrorists have infiltrated our government?

Obama?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

My Imaginary GF posted:

How many other terrorists have infiltrated our government?

There's that Ted Cruz guy from Canada and that Rubio guy whose parents came from Cuba.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Why not? Its not like facts dissuade them anyways

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Obama is not a terrorist.

He's a cerebral President at a time when America needs a cowboy-like decider.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Oh god, I just woke up and it was Muslims? Welp, Trump's gonna win. Bye everyone.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

My Imaginary GF posted:

Obama is not a terrorist.

He's a cerebral President at a time when America needs a cowboy-like decider.

Like the guy who spent every press conference for years trying to prevent islamophobia from taking hold?

Doesn't really seem to fit the Trump style

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fknlo posted:

I thought he said that they were pretty sure that some of the other devices were explosive though.

I rewound it and he says they believed they were explosives, nothing confirmed other than that the bomb squad dealt with them.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The Glumslinger posted:

Why not? Its not like facts dissuade them anyways

Because all facts are narratives. Conceding the narrative means conceding the facts.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My Imaginary GF posted:

It's that or they were the muslim equivalents of Burt and Heather Gummer, keeping homemade pipe bombs handy in case the graboids attack.

Oh god, were the people at that party graboids!? :ohdear:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Republicans posted:

Okay so here's what happened: They were planning a larger, more organized attack but someone at the Christmas party pissed him off so much he said "gently caress it," ran home and got his poo poo. That's why the pipe bombs didn't work. That's the only way this stupid thing makes any sense.

Tsk, abandoning the larger terror plot just because he's pissed off. Typical American-ized Muslim. Stick to the plan next time, brother.

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine
Doesn't make sense for someone as disciplined who prays a lot and is very religious to just snap like that if he has a really big plan and ruin that plan.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

CalmDownMate posted:

Doesn't make sense for someone as disciplined who prays a lot and is very religious to just snap like that if he has a really big plan and ruin that plan.

Doesn't really make sense to kill people, but here we are

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CalmDownMate posted:

Terrorists have anger management issues? :monocle:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Yes I too believe this Muslim couple abandoned their infant daughter on the spur of the moment to shoot up his coworkers.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone recommend the best comprehensive roundup of everything known about this? That "abandoned their infant daughter" comment just kicked me in the nuts.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

cravius posted:

Yes I too believe this Muslim couple abandoned their infant daughter on the spur of the moment to shoot up his coworkers.

They should adopt that little girl out and never ever tell her who her parents were. Anything else is just setting her up for a life of misery.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
No one knows anything. Check back in a week.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I would also like to point out that the people that the republican party rely on are literally dying off. Here's one of my favorite lines:

quote:

“To be blunt, a whole lot of people who voted for Jeb are dead,” said Alex Patton, a Florida Republican strategist.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

CalmDownMate posted:

Terrorists usually tell you why they are terrorizing you

I'm not saying it's ISIS, it definitely isn't. But they waited a day before claiming the Paris attack, which was planned in Syria, rather than being a lone wolf (or wolves in this case.)

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
Summary: http://www.nytimes.com/live/san-bernardino-shooting/suspects-relative-expresses-shock-sadness-but-no-hints-on-motive/

quote:

Chief Jarrod Burguan of the San Bernardino police identified two suspects killed in a shootout with police officers as Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27.

They were married and the parents of a 6-month-old daughter, according to Mr. Farook’s brother-in-law, Farhan Khan.

Mr. Farook was born in the United States, Chief Burguan said, and he had been employed with the county for five years as a health inspector.

He had been at a holiday party on Wednesday and left “angry,” amid a dispute, Chief Burguan said. He and his wife then returned with explosive devices and guns, and wearing tactical gear.

Law enforcement officials initially said there may have been as many as three assailants, but Chief Burguan said they were “reasonably” confident that Mr. Farook and Ms. Malik were the only attackers.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tl;dr: it is impossible to construct a coherent narrative from what few facts we have.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

JT Jag posted:

Considering the organization and equipment he had for the attack, I'm guessing he has been prepared to shoot up his office for an indeterminate period of time, and the flare up at the party is what finally pushed him over the brink

I think this may end up being it. Didn't it come out he just returned from paternity leave? I wonder if a contributing factor was how much paid time off he got... If any.

Also sucks if that newborn baby is now an orphan. :smith:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If they aren't already, every Govt. agency in existence is going to be crawling up the rear end of anyone and everyone associated with whatever mosque these people attended.

VVVV edit: it's very hard for me to believe that a couple with a newborn decides to emulate Rampage and go out in a blaze of glory after an employment dispute

radical meme fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 3, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It's very tempting to construct an explanation that is fanciful yet less crazy than the parents of a little baby going postal together.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
A year from now no one will care about the events of this eek. Americans are stupid, ugly, pigs of a people with the memories of a goldfish. The bemoan the grotesqueness of the black female, with their callipygian anatomy and swollen glossy lips, their dusky skin and strong personalities. Such a creature can never be the equal of a white man.

They can only be our superiors. :kheldragar:

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

dogs named Charlie posted:

A year from now no one will care about the events of this eek. Americans are stupid, ugly, pigs of a people with the memories of a goldfish. The bemoan the grotesqueness of the black female, with their callipygian anatomy and swollen glossy lips, their dusky skin and strong personalities. Such a creature can never be the equal of a white man.

They can only be our superiors. :kheldragar:

fap fap fap?

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I joined the forums to read LF

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

Antti posted:

It's very tempting to construct an explanation that is fanciful yet less crazy than the parents of a little baby going postal together.

Right Wing Extremists were at his house, holding his infant daughter at gunpoint. Their demand? That mild mannered Syed, an innocent civil servant who furiously rushed home from a work party after receiving a threatening phone call, do the unthinkable.

CARL MARK FORCE IV fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 3, 2015

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

Right Wing Extremists were at his house, holding his infant daughter at gunpoint. Their demand? That mild mannered Syed, an innocent civil servant who furiously rushed home from a work party after receiving a threatening phone call, do the unthinkable.

You know, that would actually make more sense than what we know so far.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I would also like to point out that the people that the republican party rely on are literally dying off. Here's one of my favorite lines:

Florida: America's Graveyard. Don't know why "The Sunshine State" won out for state motto.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Everything about this is so bizarre. And now the typical suspects will be making speeches about how YOU CAN'T EVEN TRUST THE MILD-MANNERED MUSLIMS AT YOUR SCHOOL OR JOB...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Fascism is cool and all but when are Americans going to start wearing the cool uniforms?

Fascism will come to America wearing Crocs and an XXL Tapout hoodie.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

WampaLord posted:

Florida: America's Graveyard. Don't know why "The Sunshine State" won out for state motto.

I prefer "land of the newly wed and nearly dead" myself

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I feel really, really bad for that baby.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Speaking of... Does anyone know where that baby is right now? :ohdear:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Second suspect identified -- Tayeep Bin Ardogan, a Qatar citizen.

Don't worry guys, anytime soon we're going to get the surprise evidence of them being secret right-wing militiamen! You just got to believe!

Accompanied by third suspect, Bessie Al Asud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Ballz posted:

Speaking of... Does anyone know where that baby is right now? :ohdear:

Given that they raided the guy's house, I'm really hoping the worst-case scenario is "with CPS."

• Locked thread