Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Not exactly accurate, but the point remains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's off by two minutes, but yeah. I can't believe it's almost been three years and tomorrow I can finally dig into it.

I think I'm just gonna make Shulk with a Wonder Mask. Wonder Vision or Wonder Future.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So someone made their MC look facially like Lin...

soon my waifus...soon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So someone made their MC look facially like Lin...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

they said facially.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elma looks like she'd be cool, but from what I have heard from a stream last night her voice is incredibly mediocre and boring.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

Elma looks like she'd be cool, but from what I have heard from a stream last night her voice is incredibly mediocre and boring.

you're just asking...no begging to be spoiled.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

you're just asking...no begging to be spoiled.

I shouldn't have gone on the internet. I've seen the upper half of the end of the UK trailer. Though, if you couldn't match the voices together...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm glad all I know is that super duper twist that apparently it's fairly early on and doesn't really change much anyway.

I'm curious and can't seem to find info on it since it's so minor, but what are the limits to naming your character? It's supposed to just be first name, right? I really need thirteen characters for Wonder Vision

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2U5lA49eEo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Taint Reaper posted:

soon my waifus...soon.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This game looks beautiful but I can't really get into things if the story is bad. I understand the story isn't great but how weak is it exactly?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nichael posted:

This game looks beautiful but I can't really get into things if the story is bad. I understand the story isn't great but how weak is it exactly?

Anyone here who would tell you that has only glanced the story from Japanese streams and non-official translations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nichael posted:

Side missions are character stories and character arcs.

main story is big epic war against multiple factions.

it's not weak at all.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Sent yall a request.

Who's getting the strat guide? Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release :(

I ordered the guide from amazon on Monday. It ended up being dirt cheap so why not? Downside is it wont be here til next week.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I also ordered the strategy guide. I went for the super slow but free shipping, so I won't be getting it for two weeks. By the time it gets here, I doubt I'll have a use for it, but it's a hardcover collector's edition. I'm getting it because of that, not because I think I'll need the help.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The fact that effusive praise is coming from Taint Reaper of all people makes me extremely nervous.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Honestly my favourite thing about video games is when you get a huge interesting world to explore, especially because it's not something you can get from any other medium. Getting pretty hyped over here.

12 hours 37 minutes until the destruction of earth.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

Honestly my favourite thing about video games is when you get a huge interesting world to explore, especially because it's not something you can get from any other medium. Getting pretty hyped over here.

12 hours 37 minutes until the destruction of earth.

12 hours? more like 17.5 hours?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm so excited for this game that i'm almost certain I'll play it for a few hours and then never touch it again!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

My pre-order (which I got for only £30) came early but I still just can't stop playing Mario Maker!

One of the things is this game can look uncanny as hell, halfway between fairly nice looking skin/hair etc and weird rear end anime face. Seriously, this character is loving hideous

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Calico Heart posted:

One of the things is this game can look uncanny as hell, halfway between fairly nice looking skin/hair etc and weird rear end anime face. Seriously, this character is loving hideous

Don't insult Potato-chan.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rexroom posted:

Don't insult Potato-chan.

That made me laugh.

Everything about this game looks amazing except for the faces. Oh man the faces.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How much control do you have over faces? I want like Dark Souls levels of ugly characters going on if the rest of the cast look this bad.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

I literally do not want this character in my game. At all.

Does anyone know if I'll be forced to put her into my party? Like I literally don't what this char in any loving cutscene at all.

Am I asking for too much?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She is important.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Blackdog420 posted:

I literally do not want this character in my game. At all.

Does anyone know if I'll be forced to put her into my party? Like I literally don't what this char in any loving cutscene at all.

Am I asking for too much?

She'll probably be crammed into your party at the start but you'll get the option to drop her. She's gonna be in your face though in story cutscenes.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

just jam a helmet on her, problem solved

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is something awful ready for lin the potato

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I will have Lin in my party at all times.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

hubris.height posted:

Lin isn't a Nopon

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

vaguely posted:

just jam a helmet on her, problem solved

Yeah, I feel like the game's wide variety of cranial accessories are going to be a godsend.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Same

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I will have Lin wearing a bag on her head at all times.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it really depends on what the alternatives are and how she jives with the play style i end up using

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

hubris.height posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is the digital preorder just going to preload without me doing anything? The stuff on the store page seems to just be for disc copies and I checked my downloads screen and didn't see any recent downloads for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Is it possible to play with the WiiU Pro controller and only use the pad as needed?

• Locked thread