Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So Garret's finally getting his revenge on my poor performance by calling me a fuckface, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk if this is spoiler or not but is Desdemona a synth? Not sure if anyone ever mentioned.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

idk if this is spoiler or not but is Desdemona a synth? Not sure if anyone ever mentioned.

You could always shoot her and check her for synth components.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

Shes a bitch either way, also her name is dumb

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Killing Desdemona is nice cause it's also like killing Aela.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm the only one who likes the railroad even though Deacon is an unfunny poo poo head

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Travis343 posted:

I'm the only one who likes the railroad even though Deacon is an unfunny poo poo head

I like the railroad, I just dont like Deacon or Desdemona, Glory is my favourite railroad character as well as Tinker Tom.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Shumagorath posted:

I have so many bobby pins the game stopped counting and I don't think I'm unnaturally good at lockpicking. Is it really that hard?

Power Armour Dress-Up DLC is definitely coming and will definitely be $10 and I won't even hesitate.

Once you get the hang of lockpicking you'll average far less than 1 broken pin per lock you pick and you generally accumulate bobby pins way faster than that. I've never been short on bobby pins/lockpicks ever in one of these games unless it's the very start of the game and I run into a lock before I've found my first bobby pin.

It's like the keys in Diablo II, you will ever run out of them so the game might as well not even require them for all that it matters.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

machine parts that turn a block of wood with copper tubing into an automatic rifle but you cant make lockpicks

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Killing Desdemona is nice cause it's also like killing Aela.

Aela rules though?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Entropic posted:

Aela rules though?
She was the best Companion, or at least the most memorable one, but I didn't really like any of the Companions. Honestly, just about every follower in Skyrim pissed me off.

What is the next best 10mm gun in terms of straight damage after the Deliverer? Two-shot?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shoehead posted:

What I want to know is how there are Deathclaws on the East coast when they are "native" to California. The Enclave captured some east coast ones but afaik they didn't breed them.

A way better lore question is how deathclaws could pass as a person if they wore a burlap cloak.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Out of question can I get rid or sell the skill/perks magazines in fallout 4 whilst still having the bonus or do I have to have on me at all times?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Bethesda seems too hung up on Fallout enemy tradition to realize that rad scorpions in Boston are dumb as hell. They could have used mutated spiders or ants and it would have made sense.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

sitchelin posted:

Okay I think there's something wrong with my game. Every time I go into a building there's a constant tapping noise. Endless taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap. The first time it happened I just wrote it off as a physics object caught on some prop and had clipping issues, until I went to several other buildings and got the same thing. Anyone else getting this?

Is dogmeat with you? Dogs have really loud clicky toes.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
For Underground Undercover, what are you supposed to do when you need to kill the guards? Is there something special that needs to be done, cause all that happens for me is the institute ends up hating me when i kill the guards.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Bethesda seems too hung up on Fallout enemy tradition to realize that rad scorpions in Boston are dumb as hell. They could have used mutated spiders or ants and it would have made sense.

200 years seems like long enough for a successful new species to spread. There are lots of invasive species in the real world that spread faster than that.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Zodium posted:

woah what, fix this with console commands how?

I used the New Vegas console commands page on the wiki, it's something like setstage <quest id> 0 which basically means remove quest. Fallout wiki pages have the quest ids on them , so for this one it's 00107a1c, IIRC.

Note this *may* (or may not) permanently break the reset quest from further pursuit, but I didn't care since I decided I was done with the Brotherhood and those douchebags can burn in hell when the time comes.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Travis343 posted:

I like the Railroad, but yeah Deacon needs to shut up. HAHA A MORTUARY I GET IT. SAY IT TEN MORE TIMES IT WILL KEEP GETTING FUNNIER. gently caress off to the hinterlands settlement. At least his perk isn't too painful to max.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So how do you find out what level the enemies are? Because I got sent to some sort of plant filled with raiders for a sidequest to help some small settlement out. I took my time and actually ran all around the building killing all of the dudes even the ones way up high on the catwalks before going inside...

...and still the game decides to spawn more guys running in as soon as one of them spot me inside. That place is insane, may have to come back.

Also even with STR9 and being able to carry 300, the weight limit is restrictive, don't know how y'all are doing it with less?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'm still having fun punching only though. It makes areas difficult but rewarding when I clear them. I fought a whole shitton of ghouls at some abandoned train station last night and had to basically MGS my way around to do it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

JetsGuy posted:

So how do you find out what level the enemies are? Because I got sent to some sort of plant filled with raiders for a sidequest to help some small settlement out. I took my time and actually ran all around the building killing all of the dudes even the ones way up high on the catwalks before going inside...

...and still the game decides to spawn more guys running in as soon as one of them spot me inside. That place is insane, may have to come back.

Also even with STR9 and being able to carry 300, the weight limit is restrictive, don't know how y'all are doing it with less?

There is a perk that shows the level.

Was the plant the forged? Because the forged are weirdly way stronger than their level indicates since they actually have good weapons instead of pipe pistols like most other raiders. So even if they spawn at level 8 or something they are still going to hurt a lot more than other level 8 stuff.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Seditiar posted:

99% sure this wasn't answered yet. Go south east towards the beach. Talk with a kid there on some sort of pier/shop.

Thanks! Is that just a general "southeast part of the map" or southeast of some particular landmark?

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Is dogmeat with you? Dogs have really loud clicky toes.

Yeah, but Dogmeat is kind of unreasonably clicky.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
More creature chat: I'm 47 with already too many hours in and all I've come across are "stunted" Yao Guai. Anyone seen a big one?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Dr. Clockwork posted:

If they wanted an actually horrifying enemy they'd use giant mutant house centipedes.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dr. Clockwork posted:

They're iconic enemies and hence they wouldn't dare leaving them out. Unlike say, the Geckos or Centaurs or proper Nightkin.

But honestly, way too much of Bethesdas fallout games have enemies that are just there because they're expected to be. They're obviously capable of making new factions or enemies, what with the Institute and all, but seem afraid to take that big step of making something entirely unique. Besides the things they've done with gameplay this time around, that is.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

institute is just enclave mate

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Thanks! Is that just a general "southeast part of the map" or southeast of some particular landmark?

East of the Fallen Skybridge, south of the Boston Airport. :)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

:stare: I did not realize that, holy poo poo.

I still haven't gotten a bleed shotgun but my explosive shotgun I got from a ghoul just getting into lexington (level 5-8 at the time) has lasted me till the late 40s and probably beyond. Bleed would be a lot safer than explosive, but playing with an explosive shotgun actually changes gameplay a fair bit. You can blow something up really fast, but you are equally as likely to end up in the death animation with your arms and legs missing if you shoot too close to another mob or wall.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Is this a complete enemy list?

-Ghouls
-Super Mutants
-Raiders
-Synths
-Bloatbugs
-Bloodbugs
-Molerats
-Radscorpions
-Deathclaws
-Mirelurk
-Yao Guai

:smith:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

evilmiera posted:

They're iconic enemies and hence they wouldn't dare leaving them out. Unlike say, the Geckos or Centaurs or proper Nightkin.

But honestly, way too much of Bethesdas fallout games have enemies that are just there because they're expected to be. They're obviously capable of making new factions or enemies, what with the Institute and all, but seem afraid to take that big step of making something entirely unique. Besides the things they've done with gameplay this time around, that is.

Also a lot of the iconic stuff in fallout all exist as iconic stuff in the source material. Fallout isn't particularly a self contained fictional universe. Things are in it a lot just because those things are in post nuclear wasteland fiction. Even when the games aren't overtly set in a desert there is just going to be more desert stuff since deserts and nuclear bombs are linked in our minds due to deserts being easy for hollywood to set movies in for sci-fi and due to america having a huge amount of nuclear testing all happening in deserts.

(I always wonder if the USSR had a lot of nuclear war fiction set in mountains, since they did a bunch more testing on mountains than in deserts).

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Mortimer posted:

-Ghouls
-Super Mutants
-Raiders
-Synths
-Bloatbugs
-Bloodbugs
-Molerats
-Radscorpions
-Deathclaws
-Mirelurk
-Yao Guai

dogs
mirelurk queens
mirelurk kings
assaultrons
sentry bots
mr gutsys
protectrons
gunners (p much raiders)
stingwings

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Mortimer posted:

-Ghouls
-Super Mutants
-Raiders
-Synths
-Bloatbugs
-Bloodbugs
-Molerats
-Radscorpions
-Deathclaws
-Mirelurk
-Yao Guai

Well, you got the various attack dogs and wild mongrels, the various factions once you get at war with them, the Gunners, all the various robot types, the Mirelurk Queens could count for a it's own type imo, and then you have the various gangsters, the Forge faction, the Behemoths...
But yeah, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I don't understand what Bethesda made the decision to have Synth Components in the game. Not having a way to tell someone was a synth would make the game too interesting I guess.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Well, to be fair when all of my settlers started bumrushing a single settler for no apparent reason upon zone-in I thought the game was just being buggy until I checked the corpse.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

There is a perk that shows the level.

Was the plant the forged? Because the forged are weirdly way stronger than their level indicates since they actually have good weapons instead of pipe pistols like most other raiders. So even if they spawn at level 8 or something they are still going to hurt a lot more than other level 8 stuff.

Looked it up, it's the Corvega assembly plant

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SirDrone posted:

Out of question can I get rid or sell the skill/perks magazines in fallout 4 whilst still having the bonus or do I have to have on me at all times?

You get the bonus when you pick it up and read it the first time, then you can do whatever you want with it. Your can build a magazine stand in settlements to display them, or you can just sell them.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Looked it up, it's the Corvega assembly plant

Thats a tricky place for any build bar maybe a pure combat rifle build.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I could've sworn I read someone earlier talking about a magic bobblehead that increases ALL stats at once on the roof of a building?

Was I just misunderstanding? because none of the bobblehead guides I find have that listed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Kea posted:

Thats a tricky place for any build bar maybe a pure combat rifle build.

I just sniped everyone with a 10mm from sneak, since aiming is pixel perfect, even at ridiculous ranges.

• Locked thread