Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

If the guy was radicalized you'd think he would pick a better target than Jill from HR.

Although I suppose it depends on your opinion of HR.

When you work for an arm of the government, though....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How do these motherfuckers keep getting radicalized? You were born in the USA and had a cushy loving govt job. What the gently caress is your problem! You have a wife and kids and live in a god drat gentrified area and get to do whatever the gently caress you want!

How the gently caress do you fall for some imam from good knows where taking you hey how bout killing some folks?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Gravel Gravy posted:

If the guy was radicalized you'd think he would pick a better target than Jill from HR.

Although I suppose it depends on your opinion of HR.

Attacking a soft target in "middle America", which plays directly into rural Americans fears that nowhere is safe? Seems like a good target if your goal is to get America to go off the deep end and put boots on the ground.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

So how do you feel about radicalized white males?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

How do these motherfuckers keep getting radicalized? You were born in the USA and had a cushy loving govt job. What the gently caress is your problem! You have a wife and kids and live in a god drat gentrified area and get to do whatever the gently caress you want!

How the gently caress do you fall for some imam from good knows where taking you hey how bout killing some folks?

ISIS offers something way better than a suburban life in a country that hates your people: Death, danger, and intrigue.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

americans get radicalized too, it's just that it's not exotic and scary to your average pill popping mouth breather

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

greatn posted:

Republicans would respond that all Muslims are, by definition, radicalized, so the question doesn't even need to be asked. Trump's Muslim roundup list is probably going to become a part of the Republican platform by next year.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

So how do you feel about radicalized white males?

They were better in the original Point Break.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

greatn posted:

had a cushy loving govt job.

Working for the health department in San Bernardino county is not the cushiest of gigs.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

It's not exactly out of place for people working in government to also not like the government.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Yeah that's why the phrase is "going terrorist" not "going postal"

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

These people literally believe that an exchange of freedom for safety is unacceptable, lol

While we're at it let's legalize murder because ahem, any person who would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. Anyway murderers are evil criminals, it's not like they care that what they do is against the law. Gun bans don't stop gun crime, why do we think murder bans will stop murder?

Maybe that's just a coincidence and he got a bad year end review.

Really we should have seen it coming after the recent spate of shootings by radicalized individuals in Charleston, Minneapolis, Colorado Springs and elsewhere never mind, I forgot that only Muslims can be radicalized

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Moose-Alini posted:

I read it as a full ban on automatic weapons... Which is like almost all of them used in this type of attack. The distinction between automatic (self ejecting and rechambering) and full auto (machine gun) gets muddied and confused. Really need another term for it I guess.

That distinction is called semi-automatics.

I do agree that making fully automatic weapons artificially expensive as gently caress and bogging them down with a bunch of red tape means they are used less in crime than they otherwise would be (see: prohibition gangs).

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

toanoradian posted:

Will the right wing's responses towards a mass shooting of Muslim victims be different?

"They were no angels." *long, wet fart*

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh boy.

There's your enduring narrative, folks.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Meanwhile, the ex-wife of the Planned Parenthood shooter has come forward.

He had a history of vandalizing abortion clinics and was a devout Christian.

This will promptly be ignored while everyone continues to scream about Muslims.

quote:

“He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but he does not follow the Bible in his actions,” Micheau wrote. “He says as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end.”

http://time.com/4133513/planned-parenthood-shooter-vandalized-clinic/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aerox posted:

Meanwhile, the ex-wife of the Planned Parenthood shooter has come forward.

He had a history of vandalizing abortion clinics and was a devout Christian.

This will promptly be ignored while everyone continues to scream about Muslims.

http://time.com/4133513/planned-parenthood-shooter-vandalized-clinic/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

But CNN literally just told me on TV that Christians don't kill people in the name of Christianity.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's not exactly out of place for people working in government to also not like the government.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

zoux posted:

Oh boy.

I cant see it on my phone, so I cant go pick a bone.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

So we completely ban automatic weapons like France and... wait-

If it was a real terror cell, then banning guns would be about 0% effective at preventing future similar attacks.

Doing so would probably cut down on crimes of passion and lone crazies, but until we know what the root cause was, tying the issue directly to gun control is spurious. Which of course didn't stop "JV team" Obama from opining, of course.

Practically every mass shooting we've had in the last 2 decades has been a "lone crazy."

The one we had not six days ago was "a lone crazy" because calling out his Right Wing agenda and linking it to Dylan Root's and every other nutcase who decided to kill feminists, or abortionists, or 'extremist black power liberals' over the last few years would be unfair and opportunistic, right?

You're getting all pedantic because Obama attacked a hobby that you like and taking validation in a hypothetical 1% of cases where stricter gun laws wouldn't have made an appreciable difference. "Shame on Obama for suggesting things that would cut down on the type of shooting that makes up the overwhelming majority of cases in our country," you say. "We don't know if it applies here yet."

But, to add insult to injury, you're probably wrong in this case too because the guns were all bought legally. And the Internet-influenced Muslim extremist in this case seems to have worked in pretty much the same way as any of the Internet-influenced extremists lone crazies that you seem to agree would be most impacted by stricter gun laws.

You're a loving moron and it's painted all over everything you write.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

greatn posted:

The promise of internal reward in the afterlife for fighting the rampant, overt, hatred of your ethnicity and religion.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

greatn posted:

As a white male I could not imagine being the target of all the Islamaphobia in this country (and likely office).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
In good news, Don Blankenship was found guilty on the more serious of the charges brought against him relation to the Upper Big Branch Mining disaster: http://wvpublic.org/post/blankenship-found-guilty-conspiracy-charge-acquitted-making-false-statements

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mr. Wookums posted:

As a white male I could not imagine being the target of all the Islamaphobia in this country (and likely office).

But my friend you are the most oppressed group in American history right now.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

zoux posted:

But my friend you are the most oppressed group in American history right now.
As evidenced by the three hundred odd other mass shootings performed by my demographic.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Imaginary GF posted:

When was the last workplace shooting where the shooters wore GoPro's?

Well, he used a cellphone camera not a gopro, but August

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
My local shwarma stand isn't at its usual location today. I hope everything is OK, the dudes who run it are Persian and sling killer falafel. :(

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

zoux posted:

Nobody gonna out-Reagan Pataki:

Pataki has even released a detailed mockup of the system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTx_qTwQqjU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Radbot posted:

My local shwarma stand isn't at its usual location today. I hope everything is OK, the dudes who run it are Persian and sling killer falafel. :(

probably should report it to dhs, just to be sure

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

Radicalized hummus is a silent killer after all.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Trabisnikof posted:

Pretty sure law enforcement already planted a camera in the gormeh sabzi.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Trabisnikof posted:

No, thanks.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

A Winner is Jew posted:

Radicalized hummus is a silent killer after all.

Silent.... but deadly.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The DOD was impressed yesterday and has allowed women into open combat roles.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Raerlynn posted:

Is there a term for someone who goes so far right that they come out on the left?

Blue-Dog Democrat

World's greatest caucus

Also, I told everyone it was terrorism. There are terrorists who have infiltrated the US Government and have guns. What can we do to win the war on christmas against these dunmer sleepers?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I love that everytime there's a shooting the TFR/GIP/moron brigade calls for the immediate end of the ban on machine guns.

Wait did I say love, I meant hate with the burning fury of a thousand suns.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Oh boy.

Terrorists are infiltrating the government, yet the President is too politically correct to call a clear act of terrorism a terrorist act. What is Obama afraid of?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Terrorists are infiltrating the government, yet the President is too politically correct to call a clear act of terrorism a terrorist act. What is Obama afraid of?

Being called out by :foxnews: for calling republicans terrorists?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I love that everytime there's a shooting the TFR/GIP/moron brigade calls for the immediate end of the ban on machine guns.

Wait did I say love, I meant hate with the burning fury of a thousand suns.

I'm not. A well-regulated militia needs to be combat effective. Which means not spraying bullets. A semiauto will reliably inflict higher casualties on the target, so I prefer those being way more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Technically they're not banned, and furthermore

My friend who is of Syrian descent and lost family in the civil war, who works with military veterans through the VA in the south, is probably not having a great day. :smith:

• Locked thread