Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Vanrushal posted:

Is it possible to play with the WiiU Pro controller and only use the pad as needed?

It is. Though you may be using the pad often.

E:New page gif

Everything is this game looks so pretty.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I only downloaded 3/4 of the packs and HOOOOOO BOOOOOOOY that install time. Hope you guys brought a book to read while your game gets ready.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Blackdog420 posted:

I literally do not want this character in my game. At all.

Does anyone know if I'll be forced to put her into my party? Like I literally don't what this char in any loving cutscene at all.

Am I asking for too much?

Yeah, you're being a bit strange

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

AfroLine posted:

It's kinda funny considering most of the characters kinda look as bad as her. You can't escape the uncanny anime valley.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Calico Heart posted:

I only downloaded 3/4 of the packs and HOOOOOO BOOOOOOOY that install time. Hope you guys brought a book to read while your game gets ready.

Hmm? I have the Basic, Enemy, and Player packs downloaded and it only took about 8 minutes.

Haven't actually had time to play much yet, but if nothing else, the game looks really nice.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

Info about buying the disc copy of the game! Nintendo discovered game installs! Unlike other systems, they're on the game's eShop page (found under DLC) instead of on the disk, which means you can load them before you pick up the game itself. Four packs of textures and other miscellaneous data, ~10GB in all, and about 15GB(?) required for the download and installation. If that's too much for your WiiU internal memory and you don't want to shell out for an external hard drive, just download the basic/field data pack, the one labeled High Impact. This isn't necessary for those taking the digital route, as they're built into the whopping ~23GB download.

I'm a bit dense, what exactly does this mean for people who buy the disc version? You have to download 15GB of files off the eShop before you insert the disc into the conole? I preordered (i know i suck) the physical version off amazon and I won't be able to actually play it till next tuesday, so can I just go onto the eshop this evening and start downloading stuff for it? What happens if I wait? Apologies if it's already been answered.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I'm a bit dense, what exactly does this mean for people who buy the disc version? You have to download 15GB of files off the eShop before you insert the disc into the conole? I preordered (i know i suck) the physical version off amazon and I won't be able to actually play it till next tuesday, so can I just go onto the eshop this evening and start downloading stuff for it? What happens if I wait? Apologies if it's already been answered.

Yeah, you can predownload the data packs by going to the XBX page and going to the add-on content.

(As an aside: The Carina Reeves "Classic" female voice is amazing. Or hilarious. Either or.)

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

The download is 100% optional, all they do is reduce load times. You don't have to get them now, you can wait until later, but there's no real reason to wait, so you might as well grab it now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49SM77E9uXw

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Oxxidation posted:

The fact that effusive praise is coming from Taint Reaper of all people makes me extremely nervous.

I also can't help but think it may be some weird reverse troll.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Blessed unnamed store sent me my copy a day early.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So can someone give me a quick and (cheap?) rundown for getting some extra space on my wii u for this game? I've seen things that mentioned USB drives, others are hooking up HDD 's, and hell a couple people are hooking up SSDs.

What are my options? What is recommended? Are load times that bad? I have a 32gig wii u, and play everything else off of disc so theoretically I should have room for the game and the packs but I don't know.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Saxophone posted:

So can someone give me a quick and (cheap?) rundown for getting some extra space on my wii u for this game? I've seen things that mentioned USB drives, others are hooking up HDD 's, and hell a couple people are hooking up SSDs.

What are my options? What is recommended? Are load times that bad?

Load times are not that bad. People just like to move to all-digital when possible these days, it helps save on space.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Games run better off an external disk than from DVDs. Even if you buy a cheap piece of poo poo 500 GB USB2.0 drive and install the patches that will help the games loadtimes.

Also, according to Jim Sterlings review there's a running joke that Lin is obsessed with food and wants to eat a noppon. Because obviously there is.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dastardly posted:

Blessed unnamed store sent me my copy a day early.

Same here :dance:

By the way, did you also get the message about Miiverse features and BLADE reports being unavailable upon startup?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Dunban posted:

By the way, did you also get the message about Miiverse features and BLADE reports being unavailable upon startup?

I did, so I suspect it's the same for everyone.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lodin posted:

Also, according to Jim Sterlings review there's a running joke that Lin is obsessed with food and wants to eat a noppon. Because obviously there is.

Lin's character gets better and better every time I see/hear something about her.

How soon do you get the option to remove/change characters from your active party?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Dunban posted:

Yes. Will most likely be available starting tomorrow.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So my biggest complaint after about an hour is that the text is so loving small. I'm seriously straining my eyes trying to read half of it..

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks guys.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Saxophone posted:

What are my options? What is recommended? Are load times that bad? I have a 32gig wii u, and play everything else off of disc so theoretically I should have room for the game and the packs but I don't know.

Load times for this game are... Below-average to bad, depending on your preference. They're significantly helped by the download packs, which you can see in YouTube comparison videos.

People recommend hooking up a small hdd (lookup a Passport), a 1tb will run you about $50 or so, with a Y cable usb connector, this'll give you all the space you ever need. I'm following the advice on this blog and trying an SSD (buy it off newegg instead of Amazon) because the total came to about $10 more. It's bottlenecked by USB but according to some comparison videos it's still faster than an hdd. Much less space but since I buy everything on disc I only need it for stuff like this, dlc, and various virtual console/eshop stuff and it's more than sufficient. And it only uses one USB port instead of two.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lodin posted:

Games run better off an external disk than from DVDs. Even if you buy a cheap piece of poo poo 500 GB USB2.0 drive and install the patches that will help the games loadtimes.

Potato cannibalism in this game smh

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

AfroLine posted:

Yeah sorry, I'm just not a big fan of annoying skimpy dressed 14 year old girls in my video games. I guess I'm just being baka gaijin strange!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blackdog420 posted:

Yeah sorry, I'm just not a big fan of annoying skimpy dressed 14 year old girls in my video games. I guess I'm just being baka gaijin strange!

You could always, you know, not dress her in skimpy clothes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure you literally can't dress her in skimpy clothes now, isn't that what the "they're censoring my pedophilia" outcry was over?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure you literally can't dress her in skimpy clothes now, isn't that what the "they're censoring my pedophilia" outcry was over?

No bikinis for Potato-chan, this is true

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ImpAtom posted:

That and the breast slider.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Golden Goat posted:

How much control do you have over faces? I want like Dark Souls levels of ugly characters going on if the rest of the cast look this bad.

There's like... four or five default faces for each gender that you have a very small bit of control over, like cheek bone shading, skin color, freckles, etc. There's also some make up/face paint options that should help you achieve the ugly you want.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just fyi, you should try refusing Nagi's offer for some funny lines.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I never thought I'd be on the same wavelength as weird anime people but here we are. Strut them robots. :awesomelon:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I hate to be so negative but I'm really not having the best time with the first couple hours of this game. They're small complaints, but they all really pile up. The text can be pretty tiny, half the characters are completely hideous, they explain some things in agonising detail and some barely at all, the exposition goes on and on with about an hour of gameplay being walking between dull cutscenes and the pop-in, even with the downloadable packs, is AWFUL. People and vehicles in the overworld pop into existence when you're about 15 feet from them.

I mean I'll at least get past the intro stuff soon but man, that pop-in.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 3, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I thought the "free pizza with preorder" thing was some kind of running gag but apparently Best Buy is giving me ten bucks toward a 'roni :toot:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Digital downloaded and ready for the unlock :dance:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

It is actually pretty funny if you keep refusing the dude though

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Looking forward to playing this tomorrow, but I think I'm more excited for the inevitable Wii U Emulator release so I can upscale the poo poo out of it.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm super interested in how the disc version runs without any packs. The loadtimes didn't seem drastically worse to me in that comparison video, but I'd love to see a pop-in comparison or something. Or if enemies spawn inside you or anything equally drastic.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Added my NNID to the Google Doc, Have this pre-loaded and ready to go. Is it unlocked at 12 EST or PST?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

That's not new Chie is it?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Do the specialized classes get access to new weapon types or is all the same 6 from the base classes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shoehead posted:

That's not new Chie is it?

No, that's Erin Fitzgerald, one of the voice options for a female main character. Lin's Cassandra Lee Morris.

• Locked thread