Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Aerox posted:

Everyone who has never had the misfortune of having to go to San Bernardino should read this excellent LA Times article from this summer. It's a very good article.

San Bernardino - Broken City

If you don't want to read it, this picture from the article is basically a summary of the city:

That's actually one of the nicer San Bernardino meth dens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
ˆˆˆˆ^Yeah hell that stroller is kinda fancy and the kid's got some in-n-out. That's almost Temecula-livin right there.

fknlo posted:

Nah, the fact that he'd been in an argument with someone at the holiday party that he shot up, which was being held for his place of employment, clearly shows RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

The thing where they had pipe bombs, tactical gear, etc....

Just sounds like stuff a good American citizen would have laying around their house to me.

He was probably radicalised to some extent. This wasn't ISIS setting up a terror cell with specific plans to shoot up a random holiday party, but it's essentially the muslim version of "Those drat liberals are killing babies!" infecting a loner's mind and leading him to kill.

There are a lot of small-dicked men out there who've been poo poo on by life (rightfully) and are looking for any justification to just go nuts and shoot up the place. Have you ever seen a short guy get into a fight at a bar? Amplify that by about 100, give it some religious dressing, and you've got this poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Evil Fluffy posted:

What the

gently caress?

How the hell is he being allowed to travel outside the country when he's awaiting sentencing. I'm sure the multimillionaire with the means to live comfortably in another country isn't a flight risk. No not a risk at all.

Billionaire, but he's been traveling for business various times. There's a near-zero risk of him fleeing.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

zoux posted:

Man if calling people out on their lovely beliefs worked, we'd live in utopia.

Calling them out won't change their mind, but they will treat silence and lack of any pushback as tacit agreement.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

pathetic little tramp posted:

There are a lot of small-dicked men out there who've been poo poo on by life (rightfully) and are looking for any justification to just go nuts and shoot up the place. Have you ever seen a short guy get into a fight at a bar? Amplify that by about 100, give it some religious dressing, and you've got this poo poo.

A take so hot you might get an honorary degree in psychology.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35000998

so much for workplace violence

it's Muslim extremists guys

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

sparatuvs posted:

quote:

Bomb equipment, weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition were found at the home of the San Bernardino shooters, US police have said.

fknlo posted:

The thing where they had pipe bombs, tactical gear, etc....

Just sounds like stuff a good American citizen would have laying around their house to me.

Yup.

The guy apparently traveled to Saudi Arabia earlier in the year.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
RIP USA :(

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fknlo posted:

Yup.

The guy apparently traveled to Saudi Arabia earlier in the year.

Dude travels to Pakistan, returns and starts an IED factory in his garage. FBI still sticks to line that it's "too early to call terrorism"

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Women can now serve in all roles in the military:

http://time.com/4134976/pentagon-combat-women/

quote:

In a perfect world, everyone wearing a U.S. military uniform would be an asexual brute with a stunningly high IQ who doesn’t eat much, is adept at following orders and leery of challenging authority. Given that such a creature has never existed, the nation has spent more than 200 years building its military, one compromise at a time.

Someone's been playing too much Metal Gear.

Pyzza Rouge fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 3, 2015

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

We've been dead since Nixon, hth.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Aerox posted:

Meanwhile, the ex-wife of the Planned Parenthood shooter has come forward.

He had a history of vandalizing abortion clinics and was a devout Christian.

This will promptly be ignored while everyone continues to scream about Muslims.

http://time.com/4133513/planned-parenthood-shooter-vandalized-clinic/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

Basically Chick track logic.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I think the reason people (myself included) are scared to call this an Islamic Terrorist attack is because we're terrified of what all the vigilantes out there will do to American Muslims if we actually suffer a real attack.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Dude travels to Pakistan, returns and starts an IED factory in his garage. FBI still sticks to line that it's "too early to call terrorism"
Assuming the mall video is legit, I don't see how it can be classified as an act of terror. There could have been many more bodies in a much more public setting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SquadronROE posted:

I think the reason people (myself included) are scared to call this an Islamic Terrorist attack is because we're terrified of what all the vigilantes out there will do to American Muslims if we actually suffer a real attack.

I'm terrified of a panglobal religious war :kiddo:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Does anyone have a theory on why they left the scene? Spree shooters and/or terrorists usually don't try to get away.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

I'm terrified of a panglobal religious war :kiddo:

Why? It's not like you're going to be on the bottom of jack combat boots if it comes to that. :v:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Wookums posted:

Assuming the mall video is legit, I don't see how it can be classified as an act of terror. There could have been many more bodies in a much more public setting.

Terrorists with internet dating profiles aren't the smartest buncha individuals, Wookums.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr. Wookums posted:

Seriously, why didn't they go nuts somewhere else? They got away clean after the initial shooting. Then they loving went home and left all their bombs and ammo there before they left. They couldn't have planned it that loving well.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Voting has begun in the Senate on amendments to the budget reconciliation bill. First up is the motion to table an amendment from Patty Murray that would fund security at women's health clinics.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Terrorists with internet dating profiles aren't the smartest buncha individuals, Wookums.

It's how Vitter was found out. :haw:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

sparatuvs posted:

Because workplace violence instances can't be planned ahead. They are all spontaneous.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

All hail God-King Trump I

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Going to Saudi Arabia isn't a crime or inherently suspicious, BTW. If we're gonna go after every Muslim who has been to Saudi Arabia recently that's a whole lots of people.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

Long may he reign, and gilded shall his towers be!

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

James Garfield posted:

While we're at it let's legalize murder because ahem, any person who would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Because we have a reference guide that lays out unabridgable rights.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

Going to Saudi Arabia isn't a crime or inherently suspicious, BTW. If we're gonna go after every Muslim who has been to Saudi Arabia recently that's a whole lots of people.

Going to Pakistan and having contact with radical islamists isn't suspicious?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Boy it sure must be a great time to be a practicing Muslim in this country right now. :suicide:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

I still think they were just stocking up because of their fear of a Trump presidency and the inevitable internment camps. That's what white people do, right?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

fknlo posted:

I still think they were just stocking up because of their fear of a Trump presidency and the inevitable internment camps. That's what white people do, right?

Can't wait for Alex Jones to support his actual FEMA camps

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Boy it sure must be a great time to be a practicing Muslim in this country right now. :suicide:

You don't have to be a muslim, you know. If you don't like what others are doing in the name of your religion, change your religion like all the ex-mormon and ex-baptists in America.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Winner is Jew posted:

Why? It's not like you're going to be on the bottom of jack combat boots if it comes to that. :v:

Because the idea of Christian armies killing hundreds of thousands of Muslim men, women and children makes me sad.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It must feel weird to sit there hoping every time you hear about a major crime, it isn't someone of your religious or ethnic background.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Because the idea of Christian armies killing hundreds of thousands of Muslim men, women and children makes me sad.

Don't click this then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

mlmp08 posted:

It must feel weird to sit there hoping every time you hear about a major crime, it isn't someone of your religious or ethnic background.

So muslims are the new black?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

My Imaginary GF posted:

You don't have to be a muslim, you know. If you don't like what others are doing in the name of your religion, change your religion like all the ex-mormon and ex-baptists in America.

Oh word? How about Hindus and Sikhs that get harassed?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

Going to Pakistan and having contact with radical islamists isn't suspicious?

I said Saudi Arabia

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So if bombs are clear evidence that this was terrorism, why weren't Klebold and Harris considered terrorists when their bombs failed to explode as well?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

My Imaginary GF posted:

You realize that people are going to be getting angry and taking out perceived aggressions on people who look like Muslims, right? It's unfortunate, but people equate being brown-skinned and swarthy with being Muslim.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Radbot posted:

So if bombs are clear evidence that this was terrorism, why weren't Klebold and Harris considered terrorists when their bombs failed to explode as well?

9/10 mindset! :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Radbot posted:

Those were not Muslim Terror Bombs.

• Locked thread