Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Who at tripwire decided that "Sensitivity" and "Zoom Sensitivity" need to be different numbers when the slider is at the same point on both? That is just messed up. I WANT NAMES FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION! Seriously, think about fixing this to be less confusing. I just want my sensitivity to be the same zoomed and not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ruggington posted:

think akimbo was three

.500's were six akimbo

and I think deagles were four

Theoretically here, that means medpistol, akimbo 500s, deagles, 1911s.

1+6+4+3 = 14

I LIKE IT.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You can basically carry akimbo everything you'd ever want. It owns. The guns feel so satisfying to shoot, too.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
What is "Bullet Resistance"? Is there a Zed with a gun I can't remember that would make that stat make sense?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

What is "Bullet Resistance"? Is there a Zed with a gun I can't remember that would make that stat make sense?

sometimes hans spits seeds at you before he cleaves you in half

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

sometimes hans spits seeds at you before he cleaves you in half

The Patriarch has a bullet hose as well.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

Theoretically here, that means medpistol, akimbo 500s, deagles, 1911s.

1+6+4+3 = 14

I LIKE IT.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but akimbo 1911s are 4 weight, not 3. All the Gunslinger weapons are 2/4 for single/akimbo, with the exception of the 500s which are 3/6.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Gunslinger owns but I seem to be crashing on Farmhouse. At least I think it's a Farmhouse-related issue, I don't think I've ever had the game crash before but both times I've tried to play that map it's crashed within the first few waves.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Insert name here posted:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but akimbo 1911s are 4 weight, not 3. All the Gunslinger weapons are 2/4 for single/akimbo, with the exception of the 500s which are 3/6.

1+4+4+6 = 15

now you're gonna tell me medpistol is 2 weight, aren't you

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

1+4+4+6 = 15

now you're gonna tell me medpistol is 2 weight, aren't you
Actually I forgot that the 9mm doesn't have a weight of 1 like in KF1 so I thought the max effective weight was 14.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Can you mix-and-match what you have akimbo? I assume not but boy would that be neato.

Penvellyn
Jul 30, 2014

Opposing Farce posted:

Gunslinger owns but I seem to be crashing on Farmhouse. At least I think it's a Farmhouse-related issue, I don't think I've ever had the game crash before but both times I've tried to play that map it's crashed within the first few waves.

I was crashing on it too but then I verified my game cache and it stopped the crashing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Require More Fire posted:

Can you mix-and-match what you have akimbo? I assume not but boy would that be neato.

Actually, you can. Non 9mm Akimbo weapons count as primaries, but if you've only got a single of a certain kind of weapon it counts as a secondary. Every single akimbo weapon for the gunslinger can be bought individually, and they're dropped/sold individually.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Alkydere posted:

Actually, you can. Non 9mm Akimbo weapons count as primaries, but if you've only got a single of a certain kind of weapon it counts as a secondary. Every single akimbo weapon for the gunslinger can be bought individually, and they're dropped/sold individually.
I think they mean a deagle in the right hand an a 1911 in the left, at the same time.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Elysiume posted:

I think they mean a deagle in the right hand an a 1911 in the left, at the same time.

Ah, fair enough. No you can't do that.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Bloodmobile posted:

Do the goon servers in the OP still exist? I tried connecting to them but nothing happened.

Far as I know, they're down. The owner of one of them is actually a permabanned goon.

As for the update, the new maps are cool, already got both Collector achievements, Gunslinger feels meh as gently caress to me though.

Haven't had a Patriarch drop yet but I'be managed to make some steam cashing selling USB sticks.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Penvellyn posted:

I was crashing on it too but then I verified my game cache and it stopped the crashing.

I verified my cache but it didn't redownload anything and the map still crashes. S'weird :shrug:

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
I'm digging into a lot of crashes that have gotten reported since the update dropped using our bugsplat tool.

I'm seeing a lot of crashes that are attributable to out of date drivers and PhysX libraries that get updated when you update drivers.

So, what I'm saying is that you should check to make sure your drivers are up to date for your video card while I look into these crashes and see which ones we can fix on our end.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Elysiume posted:

Yeah this, and yeah I figured not. Oh well, not a biggie.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Questioner86 posted:

I'm digging into a lot of crashes that have gotten reported since the update dropped using our bugsplat tool.

I'm seeing a lot of crashes that are attributable to out of date drivers and PhysX libraries that get updated when you update drivers.

So, what I'm saying is that you should check to make sure your drivers are up to date for your video card while I look into these crashes and see which ones we can fix on our end.

Please make the sensitivity and zoom sensitivity sliders display the same numbers for the same ... sensitivity.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why would you ever take Fanfare over Uber Ammo as gunslinger? There is practically no reason, ever, to pass up infinite ammo. The only case I can see not taking it in is if it still reduces your ammo count while the bonus is in effect, but you can keep firing in zed time if it's at 0.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah I read that perk as "you can keep firing if you hit 0" and not "your ammo count stops going down", and based on how Tripwire has designed the perks thusfar I am pretty sure it's the former and not the latter.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'd be curious if it was 'you can keep firing despite your clip being empty but you drain your backup ammo' or 'you stop using ammo altogether while you fire'.

Also I think it's actually a tough choice between the two, especially if you have the perk that lets you instantly switch between weapons if you empty them instead of reloading. With Fanfare you could probably instantly dump 4 akimbo guns worth of ammo into a Scrake or FP's head during zed time which sounds like an absurd amount of damage to me. Alternatively you take Uber Ammo and just kill a bunch of zeds for free during zed time.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Is there an option to bind movement to the numpad yet? My left-handed friend is wondering why it isn't in still, if that's still the case.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

GUNSLINGER OWNS patrick owns patrick >>>>>>>> Hans

plz fix demo tho tia

I honestly think that the next patch should just give every class an additional weapon, especially Medic and Demo. They just don't have much flexibility ATM

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 4, 2015

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Opposing Farce posted:

I crashed hard too.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Strogg patriarch rocks, really fun fight.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
constant trash when fighting the Pat, makes it really challenging.
Finally something for the commando to do during the boss phase!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So on hard mode at lvl 0 with the final tier Gunslinger weapon (Magnum revolver) you can one-hit kill Sirens and Husks with a headshot. :stare:

Takes a while to get used to having to aim with akimbo though. Also you can do the gun spinning by pressing reload but only on the revolvers :argh:

:siren:Remember to bind your last used weapon key:siren:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 4, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Away all Goats posted:

So on hard mode at lvl 0 with the final tier Gunslinger weapon (Magnum revolver) you can one-hit kill Sirens and Husks with a headshot. :stare:

Takes a while to get used to having to aim with akimbo though. Also you can do the gun spinning by pressing reload but only on the revolvers :argh:

The Gunslinger weapons feel incredibly powerful. It's good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hopefully there's some boss killing potential there when you have a 45-100% on-perk damage bonus

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The consecutive headshot damage stacking ought to be cool as hell. And if you can 'farm' up to 70% on trash and then unload on the Patriarch in zed time .... mmmm good

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

The consecutive headshot damage stacking ought to be cool as hell. And if you can 'farm' up to 70% on trash and then unload on the Patriarch in zed time .... mmmm good

I'm not sure about this. It could be good, but if you lose everything the second you miss one headshot, that bonus isn't going to go very far when you try to unload on something.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gunslinger is hella fun, all the guns sound and feel awesome. Also the Patty boss fight is really fun due to continuous stream of zeds and the variety of attacks, I missed the bastard and I am glad at least he kept his reading glasses. You can just fire Hans now.

The Black Forest map is also very good and I was surprised by the amount of custom lines characters have in response to parts of it, also by the small trees being knocked down by gunfire/raging fleshpounds. My only caveat is that sometimes it is not clear where you can jump off from due to invisible walls and that can cause you to get cornered. Still have to try out Farm V2, but so far this feels like a drat cool update.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm not sure about this. It could be good, but if you lose everything the second you miss one headshot, that bonus isn't going to go very far when you try to unload on something.

You gain 10% per successful headshot and lose 10% for each miss if I read it right. Not sure how it works out for big zeds.

Also dropped the tackiest loving shotgun skin and promptly sold it.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 4, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

ZearothK posted:

You gain 10% per successful headshot and lose 10% for each miss if I read it right. Not sure how it works out for big zeds.

Also dropped the tackiest loving shotgun skin and promptly sold it.

Oh, if that's the case, then yeah, sounds like a good and clear choice if you can maintain a couple more headshots than... not.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

It looks like the version that's in the game actually goes by 5% increments. I'm still not sure which version I'll want to take, honestly--in theory the stacking headshot bonus is better, but I feel like the times when I would most need the boost are also the times when my aim fails and I'm not hitting the headshots. Also, I'm a bad and I don't trust myself to consistently aim well.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The syringe should come out faster.

That's still the biggest annoyance from me, an old school KF1 nerd.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Broose posted:

Who at tripwire decided that "Sensitivity" and "Zoom Sensitivity" need to be different numbers when the slider is at the same point on both? That is just messed up. I WANT NAMES FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION! Seriously, think about fixing this to be less confusing. I just want my sensitivity to be the same zoomed and not.

Zoom sensitivity is a percentage of your normal sensitivity, so the slider goes to 100. The normal sensitivity slider tops out at 70.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

Enjoy it while you can, I'm sure there's people whining that he's to OP and needs to be nerfed already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I believe TWI mentioned Farmhouse was originally a map they made for internal use to test stuff and it shows. It is probably the weakest map in the game and it is pretty small, also very easy to defend in in front of the house, with wide open spaces and even convenient cover against the bosses. I can see it being voted a lot by people looking for low effort victories.