Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kea
Oct 5, 2007

evilmiera posted:

I'm not sure what people find so interesting about Glory. Then again, almost none of the companions are very deep or funny to me. Except maybe Dogmeat and his propensity for clipping through floors.

She has a minigun and isnt a gigantic bitch. For the railroad thats a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Alabaster White posted:

I wish I could get KLEO to come along with me :(

A Romance all about thinking up the best way to kill you.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

The majority of my faction missions from the start were Railroad. Now though I've been doing BoS poo poo with Danse; I'm waffling between the two for my Ultimate Decision but the allure of the BoS "ultimate weapon" is very strong since I found out about it. I want to see that poo poo in action. I'm wondering if they have access to it if you don't help them? Would be loving insane to go up against it.

I hardly use Deacon, though. Have used Piper/Cait/Nick/dog/Danse moreso. I leave Deacon at home, and I have NO idea where Strong went since I didn't take him up on his offer after I freed him from the tower and haven't seen him anywhere. Other than that, haven't found any other companions.

Outfitting Danse with a tiny bowler hat and huge power armor is fantastic though.

I think Strong goes to the small radio station near Boston if you don't grab him. I ran into that place before doing the quest, which is just a small little place with a recruitable merchant there.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Rinkles posted:

Companions are the most terrifying thing in this game.
One of my favourite pastimes is giving them various tools of destruction and observing the results. Watching Piper with a pimped-up machete go all loving medieval on some ferals was goddamn hilarious.

Also

Fallout4.png

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

evilmiera posted:

I'm not sure what people find so interesting about Glory. Then again, almost none of the companions are very deep or funny to me. Except maybe Dogmeat and his propensity for clipping through floors.

She has a fantastic voice. She sounds like Scarlett Johannsen to me.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is the cryolator meant to be absurdly powerful?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Talmonis posted:

She has a fantastic voice. She sounds like Scarlett Johannsen to me.

Yep, best voice in game.

I had something amusing happen on my Brotherhood play though. This is a mega spoiler so don't watch unless you've beat the game with the Brotherhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Bww4RTgSQ

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
You know, I think a good mod would be something that made it so that enemies couldn't actually be killed by limb shots. Torso or head only. (Appropriately adjusted for robots, I suppose).

Sometimes you just want to cripple everything and see what happens, but the enemy always ends up dying first.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

I think Strong goes to the small radio station near Boston if you don't grab him. I ran into that place before doing the quest, which is just a small little place with a recruitable merchant there.

The Shakespeare guy from the quest where you get Strong says he's going there so that's probably why.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Is the cryolator meant to be absurdly powerful?
It's behind the hardest type of lock, so probably.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

JetsGuy posted:

I could've sworn I read someone earlier talking about a magic bobblehead that increases ALL stats at once on the roof of a building?

Was I just misunderstanding? because none of the bobblehead guides I find have that listed.

There's some kinda consumable that boosts all your stats by 2 for a limited time. I have one in my inventory but I forget what it's called.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Zereth posted:

But apparently there are no cells for it anywhere?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick posted:

One of my favourite pastimes is giving them various tools of destruction and observing the results. Watching Piper with a pimped-up machete go all loving medieval on some ferals was goddamn hilarious.
Oh yeah and to add to this, I gave Cait an automatic incendiary scatter laser and it was the most disco loving thing

:pcgaming::supaburn:
Chewed through all the ammo, though

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Entropic posted:

There's some kinda consumable that boosts all your stats by 2 for a limited time. I have one in my inventory but I forget what it's called.

X-Cell. I've found a whopping 2 of them ever, in the Concord Speakeasy.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

evilmiera posted:

But apparently there are no cells for it anywhere?

Some traders will rarely have a few but I believe its level locked so you wont see them at low levels.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Zereth posted:

Dogmeat can fetch it though

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crabtree posted:

Where the gently caress are the DC ants anyway? Could they not compete with the giant mosquitoes or were the bloatflies gross enough? I'm guessing no rad spiders because every other RPG has giant spiders in spades and all the phobes would just hate the game for making a spider the size of a Mirelurk Queen.

My guess? Bethesda decided that nobody gives a poo poo about giant ants and decided to not include them. I don't think they've ever been a threat in any Fallout game, excluding the ones that spat loving fire.

I mean we've already got molerats and dogs for the lovely melee animal role.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zereth posted:

It's only any good if you modify it to fire snowballs

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

My guess? Bethesda decided that nobody gives a poo poo about giant ants and decided to not include them. I don't think they've ever been a threat in any Fallout game,

The ones in the FO2 beginning temple sure were if you didn't spec your character just right, or were unlucky.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nordick posted:

Also

Fallout4.png

Yeah in my game I gave Cait a melee weapon that has a high chance of crippling. Preceded to see several Super Mutant who have every bone in their body broken, just trying to crawl to me.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The ones in the FO2 beginning temple sure were if you didn't spec your character just right, or were unlucky.

Thanks I suppressed the Temple from my memory :ughh:

"This will not be a fight to the death!"
*kills you*

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

wyoak posted:

Dogmeat can fetch it though
Dogmeat is a wizard.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Thanks I suppressed the Temple from my memory :ughh:

"This will not be a fight to the death!"
*kills you*

Well they never said he was very smart, now did they?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zereth posted:

Dogmeat is a wizard.

Dogmeat is a synth

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

evilmiera posted:

Well they never said he was very smart, now did they?

The best thing about Fallout 2 was the extra dialog for when your character has super-low INT.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

got idiot savant during literally the final mission ending and it made me laugh, pretty much negating all the drama of the scene.

I did the Railroad route but I don't think I really get their thinking. Surely we didn't have to blow up the whole Institute.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Does finishing the game with the Minutemen cause the Railroad and the Brotherhood to become hostile? Or can you avoid that?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Entropic posted:

The best thing about Fallout 2 was the extra dialog for when your character has super-low INT.

For those who want to know what it's like, me name am Trogg.

If you manage to :hurr: yourself all the way to the end, this is the conversation you have with your Village Elder, who is your mother and leader of your tribe which has been kidnapped by the Enclave:

Here's how the conversation's supposed to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLxVS06OnI4&t=776s

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 3, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I just wanna say carry weight in vidya games is retarded and should always be optional.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I actually like carry weight because otherwise I would just hoover up literally everything on the ground. Carry weight makes me think more carefully about what I want to haul with me.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I actually like carry weight because otherwise I would just hoover up literally everything on the ground. Carry weight makes me think more carefully about what I want to haul with me.

this is good, but carry weight for the sake of "realism" is rear end on head retarded

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

this is good, but carry weight for the sake of "realism" is rear end on head retarded

considering how much you can carry I doubt they were going for realism

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

well, with bethesda, it can be hard to tell if it's intended or if they intended something else and just missed themark but whatevs

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

well, with bethesda, it can be hard to tell if it's intended or if they intended something else and just missed themark but whatevs

That's fair hahaha

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

JetsGuy posted:

I just wanna say carry weight in vidya games is retarded and should always be optional.

This is why I consoled 20k carry weight after finishing the game. How else am I going to haul 6k concrete blocks around for my Junk Jet?

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Internet Kraken posted:

Every time I make the conscious choice to only take good junk items it comes back to bite me. Thought I had everything worked out until I ran out of cork and ceramic of all things because I stopped picking up antique globes and dirty ashtrays. Never thought that would happen. Junk is just too well balanced not to hoard everything, in case it becomes your bottleneck later.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the batguy in diamond will sell you cork ships cheap

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

1. What am I supposed to/can you do with the inevitable crapload of weapon mods you get? As far as I can tell you can't scrap them.
Keep one of everything so you can take desirable mods off things you find without re-crafting.

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
I really have to find a way to keep settlers from stealing my cool guns, even in the workshop they aren't safe and I made the mistake of arming everyone with different calibres of weaponry. Maybe I ought to just revert them all to .38 and just carry my piper rifle with me at all times.

Also, I'm not sure if this is known yet but using the "command" function of Robotics Expert 3 and giving literally any command will make the target a temporary robot companion. Now I just need to find out if I can hack hostile robots when I'm still undetected by them.

My new buddy

AgentJR fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Wow, high level settler attacks don't gently caress around. Ten super mutant overlords with miniguns and super sledges attacked Finch Farm. Finch farm, which had one turret, 5 food, 3 water, and the Finch family. I went there in power armor and any time I didn't use Jet I instantly died from all the minigun fire. I took every drug in the game, sprinted into the face of three overlords and critical hit them at point blank with my shotgun, then watched as the entire Finch family picked up miniguns and returned fire from their shack.

• Locked thread