Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm deeply disappointed that this doesn't put Ocelot revolver spinning into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I meant the AP cost so I'm not certain what you're referring to.

the lowered weapons mod.

makes using shotguns next to impossible.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

the lowered weapons mod.

makes using shotguns next to impossible.

Weird, I'm having no issues with them. What happens to you? For me they shoot things in the face at point blank pretty well.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Holy loving poo poo this Customizable Targeting HUD works perfect. (I only tested the Hostile one, though).

E: (Vault 81 spoiler) Some people are just broken.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 3, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so i've got a mod idea that will really push the immersion to the next level, but before i can sqeeze this mod out, i'm going to need some help

you see, i'll be whipped, but, strain as i might, i cannot find any high resolution poo poo textures anywhere

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

NecroMonster posted:

so i've got a mod idea that will really push the immersion to the next level, but before i can sqeeze this mod out, i'm going to need some help

you see, i'll be whipped, but, strain as i might, i cannot find any high resolution poo poo textures anywhere

On the internet? I don't believe you. :colbert:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Seditiar posted:

E: (Vault 81 spoiler) Some people are just broken.

Broken how? Seems like a reasonable change to me. I finished that quest and I didn't know until reading that mod I was missing HP. Maybe I'm actually not, I haven't checked.

NecroMonster posted:

There wasn't just ONE but MULTIPLE pissing and making GBS threads mods for Skyrim. For, uh, immersion. My character ALSO has this fetish.

Apparently one of them was bugged (or never evolved out of testing) and you poo poo out a book. Also you always face magnetic north to piss, as one does.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this must be how the onion feels when they try to make up fake news these days

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Apparently one of them was bugged (or never evolved out of testing) and you poo poo out a book. Also you always face magnetic north to piss, as one does.

Hey, if you don't align with Gaia's bio-magnetic field the urine stream won't properly carry all those toxins out of your circulatory system.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

goddamn it, now all i need is a equilibrium style gun-fu animation mod and my perfect apocalypse is now folks.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I'm eagerly anticipating a port of Immersive Laundry from Skyrim. So much laundry to wash and a mountain of abraxo cleaner to do it.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Sorus posted:

I'm eagerly anticipating a port of Immersive Laundry from Skyrim. So much laundry to wash and a mountain of abraxo cleaner to do it.

Oh good god I thought you were joking but NOPE this is a thing.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58084/

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

It's awesome that this animation was already in the game files.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Kea posted:

I never joke about laundry.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Kea posted:

Well, time to add that to my Skyrim install.

Also, it actually would be nice to be able to use all that Abraxo to clean things, but I'm thinking it'll take the GECK to have stuff like "use an Abraxo concoction to turn a dirty suit into a clean suit" or whatever.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Being able to restore Sanctuary to semi-nice kinda pre-war looks would be nice. Like a quest chain needing a butt load of stuff and time and people and then you have a little restored suburban oasis. At least patch the standing houses if you won't let me knock them over.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

Being able to restore Sanctuary to semi-nice kinda pre-war looks would be nice. Like a quest chain needing a butt load of stuff and time and people and then you have a little restored suburban oasis.

Agreed, this would be cool as gently caress.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
When I saw Sturges banging on the wall I thought that is what would happen, that over time Sanctuary would be rebuilt to a near pre-war appearance.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Amstrad posted:

It's awesome that this animation was already in the game files.

there's alot of stuff that's just mysteriously there
like actual aim/aiming anims alongside hipfire and idle stance stuff that's used by NPCs but applies perfectly to players

see:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4094/

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Want a mod that replaces pip boy light with a flashlight taped to the end of my gun instead of a bayonet

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reason posted:

Want a mod that replaces pip boy light with a flashlight taped to the end of my gun instead of a bayonet

You and I both know that the first flashlight mod is gonna be some sort of strap-on that requires the nude patch

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kea posted:

There is one but it seems like its made by a lunatic.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1486/

This loot reduction mod is legit, you still find plenty of stuff. All that "useless" scrap everyone is talking about all over the place? It's kinda critical now if you want to do any sort of crafting, or if you have any interest in building stuff for your settlement. But there is a ton of hand-placed loot everywhere still. Adhesive and crystal in particular are difficult to find. Do you want to be excited to find a roll of duct tape in the wild? But since merchants actually sell that stuff too you're still never going to run out. My inventory is usually filled with desk fans and hotplates. Yesterday I found an office building and looted a shitload of telephones and typewriters.

Almost every first-aid kit is empty so that's where the real difficulty of this mod lies. I have found only hand-placed Radaways (there's actually quite a few of these) so this gives me an incentive to craft my own Radaways, something I did not have to do at all without the mod. The ammo scrounger perks are actually worth taking now. I end up spending most of my caps on ammo so that's also cool, it's giving me incentive to try and build up my settlements a bit for their meager incomes. There's also an adhesive cooking recipe involving renewable plants that I'm working towards.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Reason posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2255/

Seems to work fine, though I mainly play in first person.

Edit: Though it's no bayonet replacement

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Ketch posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2255/

Seems to work fine, though I mainly play in first person.

Edit: Though it's no bayonet replacement

Thanks! this is close enough for now.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Azhais posted:

You and I both know that the first flashlight mod is gonna be some sort of strap-on that requires the nude patch

I'm not sure how to take this statement.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Azhais posted:

Without the nude patch it's still there it just has some tighty whities ineffectively draped over it with cloth physics.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Which version of nifskope do I want? The one I installed is throwing up errors when I open a mesh extracted with BAE.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Is there a mod to add headlamp functionality to the combat helmet yet?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This loot reduction mod is legit, you still find plenty of stuff. All that "useless" scrap everyone is talking about all over the place? It's kinda critical now if you want to do any sort of crafting, or if you have any interest in building stuff for your settlement. But there is a ton of hand-placed loot everywhere still. Adhesive and crystal in particular are difficult to find. Do you want to be excited to find a roll of duct tape in the wild? But since merchants actually sell that stuff too you're still never going to run out. My inventory is usually filled with desk fans and hotplates. Yesterday I found an office building and looted a shitload of telephones and typewriters.

Almost every first-aid kit is empty so that's where the real difficulty of this mod lies. I have found only hand-placed Radaways (there's actually quite a few of these) so this gives me an incentive to craft my own Radaways, something I did not have to do at all without the mod. The ammo scrounger perks are actually worth taking now. I end up spending most of my caps on ammo so that's also cool, it's giving me incentive to try and build up my settlements a bit for their meager incomes. There's also an adhesive cooking recipe involving renewable plants that I'm working towards.

In that case I may adjust it a bit to remove the food and water poo poo so I dont have to spend MORE time with my settlements.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Magmarashi posted:

Is there a mod to add headlamp functionality to the combat helmet yet?

It probably would be pretty easy to do just copying the relevant parts of either the power armor helmet or the mining helmet, but I have no clue if you could get the light on the model to actually be lit up in third person.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Kea posted:

quote:

They are simple decorative objects

I don't see why you're freaking out.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Jack Ketch posted:

It probably would be pretty easy to do just copying the relevant parts of either the power armor helmet or the mining helmet, but I have no clue if you could get the light on the model to actually be lit up in third person.

I don't really care so much about that part, playing in first person

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Immersive Laundry is goon-made and extremely good.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Kea posted:

This is a good thing

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Magmarashi posted:

I don't really care so much about that part, playing in first person

So you just want the flashlight instead of pipboy light function I'm guessing?
If so, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2255/ should be what you want, I linked it earlier this page too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Question; does the classic VATS mod in the OP actually affect the animations for crits and stuff or is it just how slow the world moves during the selection process? The special effects are nice but when you're playing a luck stacking build, having to sit through 5 second animations every fight gets kind of old. I just want to speed those up.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Gobblecoque posted:

I don't see why you're freaking out.

Im not freaking out, I am just amazed at the tiny detail modders add. This is the kind of little detail you dont think about but when you see it it makes sense.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Just curious, does anyone who's delved into the values for the game know if the PC and NPCs are on an even playing field statwise? I'm thinking about installing some balance mods, but I'm curious if a level 10 raider with 5 end has the same HP and armor values as the PC would wearing the same gear. I'm thinking I just want to everything deadly to everyone, but I'm worried if there are some secret penalties or bonuses applied beyond the known survival multipliers.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I was thinking to myself and went back to check the list of weapons available in New Vegas. I had forgotten the variety that game had, even discounting the DLC weapons to be fair. So many pistols, explosives (where is my grenade launcher), unarmed weapons, shotguns, etc etc. I'm hoping that once the GECK is out modders will be able to bring over the missing ones and add some much-needed variety.

Also I hope they can make it so when you're going punchyfist, you have a weapon on both hands. It feels wrong to only have ONE boxing glove, or powerfist, on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Geomancing posted:

I was thinking to myself and went back to check the list of weapons available in New Vegas. I had forgotten the variety that game had, even discounting the DLC weapons to be fair. So many pistols, explosives (where is my grenade launcher), unarmed weapons, shotguns, etc etc. I'm hoping that once the GECK is out modders will be able to bring over the missing ones and add some much-needed variety.

Also I hope they can make it so when you're going punchyfist, you have a weapon on both hands. It feels wrong to only have ONE boxing glove, or powerfist, on.

NV spoiled you for choice with weapons, plus there were tons of unique variants that had personality which was a cool touch. I really like some of the legendary effects on weapons and armor but with the random loot drop nature I end up with a lot of crap (15% less damage from X enemy :rolleyes:) that just gets thrown in my storage locker.

Can someone who knows modding tell me what we can expect from the script extender? I know any significant changes are gonna require the F4CK, but Ive been pretty impressed with whats been done so far, alot of the problems I had with the game have already been fixed.

• Locked thread