Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Three Olives posted:

I can't even. What the hell is going on here?

Looks like the GOP admitted they were praying for this to happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Republicans had Fear Of A Black President to drive the normally apathetic to the polls, and look where that got them. Fear Of A Yooge President may not work as well with the disaffected left, but with the current demographics it doesn't have to.

On top of this, Democrats had a 2:1 advantage over the GOP in Hispanic voting and I STRONGLY doubt that's going to not get more lopsided. Trump thinks he's courting the black vote by bringing up a bunch of prosperity gospel hacks, but it'll work about as well as doing the same thing with white preachers to court the white vote. The only people who don't see through that poo poo are already part of his base

El Scotch posted:

USPOL: it's been 0 days since the last mass shooting.

ftfy, ship it as-is and it will never need a revision

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

There was some confusion on the floor as a deal was reached to increase the threshold for Paul's amendment to 60 votes, I presume because people want to be on record supporting it, but don't want it to pass.

Reminder: none of these are being signed into law because the underlying bill is a repeal of Obamacare.

I wish Congress would at least give some fig-leaves of populist action and include poo poo like war on ISIL and a ban on terrorist purchase of guns in this bill. Alas, the other side is merely the opposition; the Senate is your real enemy.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In your storied career of being stupid and wrong, this must rank among the stupidest and most wrong things you've ever posted.

Sadly that's not true.

Like not even for the month of December.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

VikingofRock posted:

So on a slightly different topic, apparently the primaries this year aren't scheduled to start until February. Why is that? IIRC in 2012 they started in the first or second week of February.

Iowa and New Hampshire always have to come first. In the last few cycles, other states have leapt into February and January in an attempt to get more attention, which push IA and NH earlier on the calendar. This year the RNC enacted a very high penalty on any state coming before March 1 except the four carve-out states (and a few caucuses) that all of the states went along with the plan, allowing IA and NH to remain in February, as they prefer.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In your storied career of being stupid and wrong, this must rank among the stupidest and most wrong things you've ever posted.

That Bush invading Iraq would "send a message" to other powers and get them to abandon their WMD programs was one of the cited rationales for the war. When Libya did this in 2003 it was heralded as a success for this Bush doctrine, and you had commentators singing about how now that Iran had the US Army on its doorstep they would follow suit with their nuclear program.

Now obviously that didn't happen, but that invading Iraq would disarm Iran was a reason given by the chickenhawks at the time.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

Paul (R-GG)

What's R-GG?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

There was some confusion on the floor as a deal was reached to increase the threshold for Paul's amendment to 60 votes, I presume because people want to be on record supporting it, but don't want it to pass.

Reminder: none of these are being signed into law because the underlying bill is a repeal of Obamacare.

:lol: I was wrong. They increased it to a 60 vote threshold so that there was no need for a separate vote to waive provisions of the 1974 budget act. This allowed them to vote directly on Paul's amendment and it's going down in flames. 4-70 right now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Dan Patrick, call your office's graphics guy...

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why did we ever vote for a racecar driver into politics????

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Many of his Twitter replies are condemning the ESPN version of him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

Now we move to the Paul (R-GG) amendment, which bans issuing visas to ~30 countries that he doesn't like. Senator Leahy rises to oppose it, calling it a "bumper sticker amendment".

The Paul amendment fails 10-89.

Now we move to the McCain (R-AZ) amendment allowing prescription drug imports from Canada.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Zombie Samurai posted:

Y'all so busy tilting at trolls that you missed this new wrinkle from Trump.

Trump irks Jewish donors with comments on Mideast peace

God drat. I know he just doesn't give a gently caress sometimes but that's something else.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

James 2:17
James 4:17
Matthew 6:5-6

I can keep going guys

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

Now we move to the McCain (R-AZ) amendment allowing prescription drug imports from Canada.

Good to see Republicans in the states seeing the most need for cheap drugs because of snowbirds finally capitulating and admitting the current system is unsustainable and broken

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

McCain withdraws his amendment to "prevent a stooge of the pharmaceutical industry" from opposing it procedurally.

Now we move to the Cardin (D-MY) amendment, which he's not asking for a recorded vote on, uses the "Buffet tax" to pay for increased Medicare costs. It fails by a voice vote.

Now we move to the Coats (R-IN) amendment, which extends a Medicare tax deduction for seniors for seven years.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Zombie Samurai posted:

Y'all so busy tilting at trolls that you missed this new wrinkle from Trump.

Trump irks Jewish donors with comments on Mideast peace

Is he... Implying a Jewish Zionist conspiracy? :psyduck:

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Is he... Implying a Jewish Zionist conspiracy? :psyduck:

He's speaking more truth about I/P than any other candidate (including the liberals) dares to speak.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Reddit - Guns, Gold

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Joementum posted:

Is he thanking God for dead Californians?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

radical meme posted:

That's some loving revisionist history right there. I'd like to see a source that says we invaded Iraq to stop Iran.
Forget it, thread, it's MIGF.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
One of the reasons Obama doesn't say "Radical Islam" is because we actually have some Radical Islam allies

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SquadronROE posted:

Is he thanking God for dead Californians?

Hey, we're in a water shortage here so every little bit helps. :iamafag:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jackofarcades posted:

One of the reasons Obama doesn't say "Radical Islam" is because we actually have some Radical Islam allies

This is a good point. In real terms, the West has no hope of achieving a peaceful relationship with the Middle East until it's willing to address the destructive ideology of it's good friends, the Middle East Monarchies.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

Hey, we're in a water shortage here so every little bit helps. :iamafag:

A lot of water in blood yes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wasn't the Libya deal premised on major western investments in Libyan energy.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Unzip and Attack posted:

The distinction you're trying to make isn't convincing. The dude that shot up PP is no less scary because he's white. Normal, peaceful Muslims look at yesterday's shooters and think "those people are crazy" and they are 100% right.

The problem is we would find the ranting, wild eyed lunatic who shot up PP scary even before he did it. These two were a seemingly normal couple with a loving newborn. It's a pretty clear distinction.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

Now we move to the Coats (R-IN) amendment, which extends a Medicare tax deduction for seniors for seven years.

The Coats amendment is agreed to 60-39.

Now we move to the Paul (R-GG) amendment which creates a District of Columbia concealed carry program, allow military personnel to concealed carry on bases, and create national reciprocity for concealed carry laws.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Barbara Boxer calling out Randy on national reciprocity for concealed carry being a violation of state's rights and against Libertarian principles :laffo:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Sorus posted:

In Iraq, the real victims of 9/11

Not bad

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I propose we just move to a 100-person royal rumble for amendments on major bills like this. Winner gets sole discretion.

Teaming up at all results in acid shower.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6ef3_story.html

All guns used in the shooting were Cali legal. RIP Obama's gun control attempt (even more than it already was).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DemeaninDemon posted:

I propose we just move to a 100-person royal rumble for amendments on major bills like this. Winner gets sole discretion.

Teaming up at all results in acid shower.

wait I'm hearing something... can it be? MY GAWD IT IS, ITS JOHN CENA'S MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQZQe5Id7Pw

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

DeusExMachinima posted:

All guns used in the shooting were Cali legal. RIP Obama's gun control attempt (even more than it already was).

Obviously that means we need to strengthen guns laws.

Or loosen them so every Tom dick and Harry have them. Except Muslims.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DeusExMachinima posted:

This shooting was an NRA wet dream come true.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Honestly shocked nobody has put forward gun control measures that only apply to muslims today.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Uhh you might want to re-think that since 2 muslims just killed a bunch of people with guns.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

Uhh you might want to re-think that since 2 muslims just killed a bunch of people with guns.
Well yeah that's my point. Loosen gun laws for everyone except Muslims. They'll still have them though because they're criminals. Perhaps some sort of Muslim-only section for cities etc.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joementum posted:

Iowa and New Hampshire always have to come first.

Is this by federal law, the *NC rules, or some sort of gentlemans agreement?

What are the odds of the shooting being terrorism or just some dude who really hated his job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Well yeah that's my point. Loosen gun laws for everyone except Muslims. They'll still have them though because they're criminals. Perhaps some sort of Muslim-only section for cities etc.

You mean like a ottehg?

Hmm, I believe this might just be crazy enough to work!

• Locked thread