Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Calico Heart posted:

Man I feel like there's so much I'm missing about combat in this game. They do such a crummy job of explaining things and the text explaining special moves is so drat tiny. I don't even know what to ask, I most just walk away with guns and walk forward with melee and occasionally hit some random skill and that works okay.

A lot of the reviews say "read the manual or you'll miss a ton of poo poo" so you could try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Man I got to wait and go pick up my copy at the store tomorrow 'cuz I got the art book and what not.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

SubNat posted:

On that note, does it unlock per region, or worldwide?
Like it'll soon be 00:00 04.12.2015 here, I guess it won't unlock until it's midnight in England, or something?

Been ages since the last time I bought a WiiU game on it's release date.

e-shop says it unlocks at midnight est.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Calico Heart posted:

Three hours in my main observation is that if you love hearing "on a whole different PLAAAAAAAA-NET" and "SLIDING SLINGER!" this game is for you

When I was watching streamers during the Japanese release that dumb song seemed to play almost constantly. Can you mute the music?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

katkillad2 posted:

When I was watching streamers during the Japanese release that dumb song seemed to play almost constantly. Can you mute the music?

shut up.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Med School posted:

Man I got to wait and go pick up my copy at the store tomorrow 'cuz I got the art book and what not.
I'm also picking up a physical copy and the map and art book are a nice bonus but it's mostly because my current internet is poo poo so a download would take forever. Spent ages yesterday just getting the four patches.
But then I'll only get a couple of hours of playing cause I'm going out for some drinks. And I'm certainly not playing this type of game after I stumble home drunk as a skunk. It's a good thing I have Just Case 3 for that sort of thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inflammatory posted:

10pm for me. :hellyeah:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

katkillad2 posted:

Aside from turning subtitles on or off, there are no sound-related options at all as far as I can see.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

4 hours. Come on....naptime

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

Midnight EST for you americans yeah, but it's already unlocked here in Norway. Only issue is that it's still 1-1.5hours until it's done downloading.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

4 hours. Come on....naptime

You could stay up and watch the Video Game Awards!!

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

Lodin posted:

I'm also picking up a physical copy and the map and art book are a nice bonus but it's mostly because my current internet is poo poo so a download would take forever. Spent ages yesterday just getting the four patches.
But then I'll only get a couple of hours of playing cause I'm going out for some drinks. And I'm certainly not playing this type of game after I stumble home drunk as a skunk. It's a good thing I have Just Case 3 for that sort of thing.

Xenogears is a good drunk game....sometimes you have to be to play it.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
All you assholes downloading the game and getting to play it tonight, while I have to wait till tomorrow to pay $130 CDN for the special edition.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hair types are locked into head styles, can't get the skrillex haircut on girls unless you go for the very obvious dark skinned pre-gen heads.

What.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I just have to wait a week.

:smith:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
My special edition is en route on a cargo plane to NYC :allears:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
My main experience with the game so far has been parkour, murdering the local fauna, and falling off tall objects. I'm a Psycorruptor already and I haven't even touched the chapter 4 story mission yet.

Also some of the Tyrant names are amazing.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's more amazing that we for once have a steady running forum and are not getting our taints reaped.

Heading out to pick up the game and some christmas gifts in a few hours.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I really really can't decide if I should try this game or not

On the one hand, I've been warned that it takes the single player MMO stuff from the first game and cranks it up, and that's what bored me out of ever getting more than a third of the way through the original

On the other hand, I'm sort of holding out hope that they've somehow improved it, because--hell--I've gotten grabbed pretty hard by actual MMOs before

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The only MMO thing about it is the collect 10 of something quests and the fact that it's a large world.

there's no endless grinding to get something, no instance lockouts, no spending hours farming, and no guild drama.

The first game was like if they made a modern Phantasy Star in an open world and this game is still pretty much that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Only went for an hour or so, after doing responsibilities tomorrow I'll dig in for big chunks at a time. Still, loving this game, after adjusting camera sensitivity and getting used to the combat without wiimotes I could just feel it was gonna be even smoother and sweeter than Xenoblade's combat, and the world looks so loving gooood. This is gonna be a great time with Shulk2.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm getting the hang of this combat, but jesus christ the text is small on my 39" hdtv. Like, I'm sitting on the couch 6 feet away and Im having to squint or wear my loving glasses. I only need this poo poo generally if I'm 20 feet away and need to read something, so the font is excessively small.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Saigyouji posted:

My main experience with the game so far has been parkour, murdering the local fauna, and falling off tall objects. I'm a Psycorruptor already and I haven't even touched the chapter 4 story mission yet.

Also some of the Tyrant names are amazing.

I just finished chapter 4 and could instantly pick up chapter 5 because of all the faffing around I've been doing. I don't know how some reviewers have been playing the game but clearly they haven't just been running around.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Anime Faces: The Game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dastardly posted:

I just finished chapter 4 and could instantly pick up chapter 5 because of all the faffing around I've been doing. I don't know how some reviewers have been playing the game but clearly they haven't just been running around.

Gotta beeline the main quest so they can 'finish' the game enough to review it

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Ok, so I'm trying to get a 4th party member, but the Google doc is confusing me a bit. On the left I get it's the time of the day except for dog and always, what does dog mean and I assume that always means they'll be at that location no matter what. And on the right is that the section for one person I see business, but there isn't a business section in the NLA part of the screen.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

This game has pretty great music

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm enjoying reading people's thoughts involving jumping through hoops and performing mental gymnastics by explaining how Xenoblade Chronicles X really isn't anime at all period and you're wrong to call it an anime game.

It's Nintendo's answer to mass Effect honest,really belive me guys, ITS HARD SCIENCE FICTION ITS NOT ANIME GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

gently caress Nintendo Australia

The Wii U start up screen has "OUT NOW" plastered all over it but the eshop's still not putting it up til 5/12.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm enjoying reading people's thoughts involving jumping through hoops and performing mental gymnastics by explaining how Xenoblade Chronicles X really isn't anime at all period and you're wrong to call it an anime game.

It's Nintendo's answer to mass Effect honest,really belive me guys, ITS HARD SCIENCE FICTION ITS NOT ANIME GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

Wait. Who thinks Mass Effect isn't anime?

And yes this is hilarious.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ugh I slept in, I was gonna pick it up early. Well at least GS is open. See you spreadsheet people soon, I'm a way I'm not quite clear on. Does this game have friend list stuff? It's usually a given but this is Nintendo here.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
This is embarrassing but I'm stuck at the very beginning of the game, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate this freight elevator to get into the city, there doesn't seem to be any button prompts.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Can't get my hands on it til later in the afternoon, how long are the data pack installs? I sure would like to be able to install them before getting the disc since they've been downloaded for over a week now, but I doubt it'll let me do that.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Quick questions and I feel embarrassed to ask this stuff because I can't find it in the interface anywhere and I'm playing with the Pro controller.

1) Is there an in game world map, or larger map of the zone you are in?
2) Can you make the game text any larger?
3) Can you change your appearance in the game later and where?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Eopia posted:

This is embarrassing but I'm stuck at the very beginning of the game, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate this freight elevator to get into the city, there doesn't seem to be any button prompts.

Quoting myself, figured out what the issue was. Somehow my game bugged out and wasn't bringing up the prompt to activate the elevator. Fortunately saving my game then restarting it fixed it and has allowed me to continue.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Even the digital version has horrible popin. :(

GS doesn't open till 10am here, and I have work at 1030. I'm gonna have to hang out by the door and rush in before work to get my strat guide <_<

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Somehow I made an anime Tom Cruise and just got into Chapter 2. Voices and faces aren't as annoying as I previously thought.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Holy crap this font. I'm playing at a desk and I still need my glasses.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm picking up my copy after work, please tell me how long it is in the game before you hear Uncontrollable, Tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Got my copy. Now to spend twelve hours playing a video game because I'm a well adjusted person.

• Locked thread