Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My main issue with legendaries is that I can't even scrap them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Mordaedil posted:

My main issue with legendaries is that I can't even scrap them.

Huh Ive actually never tried. Scrapping doesnt strip mods or even give you some of the relevant components back as far as I'm aware, could be wrong though I almost never scrap gear unless im really hurting for stuff. Turning the legendary effect into a general weapon/armor mod that you could put on anything would be pretty cool tbh.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Sonofsilversign posted:

Huh Ive actually never tried. Scrapping doesnt strip mods or even give you some of the relevant components back as far as I'm aware, could be wrong though I almost never scrap gear unless im really hurting for stuff. Turning the legendary effect into a general weapon/armor mod that you could put on anything would be pretty cool tbh.

Wat up? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/

I have not tried it yet, but it seems to be what you wanted.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Does anyone have a save from the Molecular Level quest with a working (i.e., blue sparky, not broken) teleporter set they could put up? I need to see if the IDs are different or if there are attached papyrus scripts or something. Doesn't matter if you were running mods, chances are vanilla assets load fine. I can't find anything about the items or quest in FO4Edit that suggest anything at all, it's driving me nuts.

I threw up a Nexus mod with the quest and objects exported if anyone who's more experienced with modding this crap and knows how to interpret non-obvious stuff wants to give me a hand. :smith:

Edit: OCDecorator lets you disable physics for items, finally.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 4, 2015

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

staberind posted:

Wat up? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/

I have not tried it yet, but it seems to be what you wanted.

Oh nice, Ill give that a shot thanks.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
Is there a way to get rid of the ADS zoom?

e: I bet this is actually tied to the sight you're using, with reflex sights using like a 1.2x increase and short/medium/long scopes something like 2, 3 and 4x
Would probably need GECK.

ee:

First person ADS.

Iceshade fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 4, 2015

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Iceshade posted:

Is there a way to get rid of the ADS zoom?

e: I bet this is actually tied to the sight you're using, with reflex sights using like a 1.2x increase and short/medium/long scopes something like 2, 3 and 4x
Would probably need GECK.

You can use the Fallout INI Configuration Tool on the Nexus to achieve that.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Nycticeius posted:

You can use the Fallout INI Configuration Tool on the Nexus to achieve that.

I tried that, didn't work. After putting on my dunce hat I read it's for 3rd person ADS. I don't know how that works, and I don't know what it is because I don't play in 3rd person.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is there a mod that adds a "Companion Tracker" to the Pipboy or is that even possible? Would be great to know where they are hiding since they aren't in the towns I sent them to.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
There's one that let's you teleport them to you on demand but as far as I know no tracker yet. It's probably better considering how many companions the game dumps on you. You wouldn't see anything but companion markers on the compass.

You'd think Bethesda would have accounted for that after how loving horrible companions were in Skyrim.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I don't really want them on the compass, but something on the data page with a "click c to show on map" or whatever like it does with settlements.

Maybe I'll just track down the instant teleport mod though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sonofsilversign posted:

Huh Ive actually never tried. Scrapping doesnt strip mods or even give you some of the relevant components back as far as I'm aware
It does. One of my primary ways for getting fiber optics, nuclear material, ceramics, and lead for tricking out power armor is scrapping leaded armor and randomly modded energy weaponry.

E: oh but you need scrapper for this to work

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 4, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Not sure how easy this will be with the GECK but I wouldn't mind a mod that lets you scrap items on the spot instead of having to haul them to a weapon table. I never really end up carrying weapons back to scrap because they're heavy and it's a hassle to go through the menus just to get a few materials for each weapon. I don't think the game would really be any worse if you could just turn enemy guns into stuff right there.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Not sure how easy this will be with the GECK but I wouldn't mind a mod that lets you scrap items on the spot instead of having to haul them to a weapon table. I never really end up carrying weapons back to scrap because they're heavy and it's a hassle to go through the menus just to get a few materials for each weapon. I don't think the game would really be any worse if you could just turn enemy guns into stuff right there.

I would imagine someone will make an item that just opens a workshop interface or something, definately possible with GECK, probably not without. Though you could always just spawn a workbench near you.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Is there something that can scrap an entire workbenches [junk] tab without having to throw it all on the floor first? I hear having a ton of non-scraped junk can cause lag and other issues.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Ak Gara posted:

Is there something that can scrap an entire workbenches [junk] tab without having to throw it all on the floor first? I hear having a ton of non-scraped junk can cause lag and other issues.

I too drop all my junk on the floor first, then just type scrapall in the console in an unused/empty settlement. I would prefer something that would just scrap the junk the moment I put it all in the workbench.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm guessing we probably need the GECK before it would be feasible to mod the special points characters get during creation into a less insane value?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NecroMonster posted:

I'm guessing we probably need the GECK before it would be feasible to mod the special points characters get during creation into a less insane value?

insane how?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

not really

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/edited_special_points.esp

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Perk overhaul mods have begun appearing.

Sonofsilversign posted:

Turning the legendary effect into a general weapon/armor mod that you could put on anything would be pretty cool tbh.

It looks like there's mods for that now, complete with Armorsmith Extended compatibility.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 4, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aren't esps the devil and will corrupt your saves and reinstall your system with OS/2?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

Or you could just use the console?

player.setav strength 8 etc.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Azhais posted:

Aren't esps the devil and will corrupt your saves and reinstall your system with OS/2?
worse

linux

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Azhais posted:

esps should be fine as long as they are made with FO4Edit.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Back To 99 posted:

Or you could just use the console?

player.setav strength 8 etc.

well yeah that's what I'm doing now. But with the mod i'm planning to do players will need more points than that and I was just wondering if it's possible yet.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

well yeah that's what I'm doing now. But with the mod i'm planning to do players will need more points than that and I was just wondering if it's possible yet.

Dont quote me on this but im pretty sure you can increase the starting amount of perk points.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Iceshade posted:

I too drop all my junk on the floor first, then just type scrapall in the console in an unused/empty settlement. I would prefer something that would just scrap the junk the moment I put it all in the workbench.

Wow, thanks for the scrapall command. That will be a time saver.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gromdul posted:

it'll scrap everything scrapable placed in the world (in the area), this includes for instance all crafting benches. Just a warning here.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Azhais posted:

lol what

no

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I really need a mod that can retrieve Power Armor. I've lost two in the wilderness and have had to ditch one in the Dunwich Burrows (Don't jump in the hole in power armor) and I want them back.

By the way, getting every companion together and handing them all copies of Grognak's Axe is best way to clear out ferals. Especially with the massive number that appear with the lots-o-mobs mod.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

gromdul posted:

The game already scraps things automatically, you don't need to manually scrap anything. Reddit spread a rumor you lose components if you don't scrap manually but that isn't actually true and is just based on the count of things not updating in the list immediately.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh poo poo! A mod that lets you lock physics objects in place for decorating! At long last!

Unfortunately I've just formatted my PC so it'll be a while before I can test this, but if anyone else can give a trip report I'd love to hear it. From how it reads it basically gives you a 1:1 trade for junk items to be made into decorative items, for example one teapot in your inventory becomes one teapot you can place decoratively. It looks like an extensive but limited subset of items currently, but the mod maker is adding more.

So excited to make my house a home :3:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The game already scraps things automatically, you don't need to manually scrap anything. Reddit spread a rumor you lose components if you don't scrap manually but that isn't actually true and is just based on the count of things not updating in the list immediately.

scrapall gets rid of anything scrappable in your settlement, not just the junk you can pick up. All trees, cars, tire stacks, etc you might want to refine for building mats. And the crafting benches, so either don't scrapall Sanctuary so you have them all or get local leader so you can rebuild them.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Azhais posted:

scrapall gets rid of anything scrappable in your settlement, not just the junk you can pick up. All trees, cars, tire stacks, etc you might want to refine for building mats. And the crafting benches, so either don't scrapall Sanctuary so you have them all or get local leader so you can rebuild them.

yeah but the guy said "I too drop all my junk on the floor first, then just type scrapall in the console in an unused/empty settlement. I would prefer something that would just scrap the junk the moment I put it all in the workbench."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

yeah but the guy said "I too drop all my junk on the floor first, then just type scrapall in the console in an unused/empty settlement. I would prefer something that would just scrap the junk the moment I put it all in the workbench."

Ah, I missed that. The only time I do that is dumping all my random weapons/armor I've decided are obsolete and want to scrap, junk just goes in the workshop.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

The maker of this mod is truly a god among men.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

gromdul posted:

Be REALLY careful with Scrapall. Sometimes it can have strange effects and scrap unimplemented items or even doors to other cells (Sanctuary root cellar, Castle tunnels, etc.).

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh god I can't wait to try that out. loving Strong keeps knocking all his vases and flowers over. Your room will be pretty, Strong! Deal with it! At least he can't knock the kitten pictures off the wall.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Azhais posted:

Yes. Please use this command, like I do, in empty or unused settlements. I decided to use Tenpines Bluff for this.

Seditiar posted:

Going to try out this and this mod. Sounds like a lot of fun (just don't have time for another few hours). I really hated it that I could sprint half across the map without meeting a single enemy (or ally for that matter).

I tried out the extra spawns thing. It definitely does what it says on the tin. I went into park something station and there were like 30 triggermen in the room. Also, just running this mod does a really bad number on my FPS. I don't know why. I'll wait for a better mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Iceshade posted:

I tried out the extra spawns thing. It definitely does what it says on the tin. I went into park something station and there were like 30 triggermen in the room. Also, just running this mod does a really bad number on my FPS. I don't know why. I'll wait for a better mod.

Yeah, I've disabled it as well. Went from a solid 50+ FPS on ultra to 12-15 FPS on ultra near Diamond City. It works fine in the outskirts, but it's horrible to have in the slums.

• Locked thread