Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

And it's ammo capacity and refill cost? I'm still not seeing this work out well for Demo. The pressing problem seems to be that Demo has no effective trash-clearing method, since all the weapons are single-shot and then you reload. I don't think it's unreasonable for Demo to be a later-wave class that you switch over to, with a handgun for backup.

Obviously, Demo needs something like a handgun with explosive bullets.
Probably one of the first "sidegrade" weapons TWI will put in the Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kikas posted:

Obviously, Demo needs something like a handgun with explosive bullets.
Probably one of the first "sidegrade" weapons TWI will put in the Store.

That would be a great Tier 2 weapon, given the Demo doesn't have anything to go into that slot.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

I don't think it's unreasonable for Demo to be a later-wave class that you switch over to, with a handgun for backup.

I do because literally no other perk has this restriction. And at present, demo is nowhere near powerful enough against bosses/groups to merit said restriction.

but the damage numbers on offperk pistols intrigue me, so hmm.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
A class shouldn't be significantly more effective using offperk weaponry, IMO. If they are its a failure of class design. Move C4 to the demo's grenade slot, m79 to t2, and the M36 to t3. One c4 out at a time, tapping grenade again detonates it. You'd get the relatively easy t1 ->t2 progression most classes have, and t3 vs t4 would still be a choice between two good options like it is for a lot of other classes, rather than a no-brainer.

And improve the grenade pistol somehow. I'm out of ideas on that one.

E: as a bonus you can then move the dynamite sticks to gunslinger and keep the nailbomb thingies for another class. Sharpshooter maybe.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 4, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

A class shouldn't be significantly more effective using offperk weaponry, IMO. If they are its a failure of class design. Move C4 to the demo's grenade slot, m79 to t2, and the M36 to t3. One c4 out at a time, tapping grenade again detonates it. You'd get the relatively easy t1 ->t2 progression most classes have, and t3 vs t4 would still be a choice between two good options like it is for a lot of other classes, rather than a no-brainer.

Yes, to all of this.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Anyone out there doing suicidal/HoE? If so, add me on steam. Every pub server is filled with lvl 0 gunslingers right now, sure could use some good people to play with. Got a level 22 Commando and level 15 Field Medic atm.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
New patch just dropped. Did they nerf everything into the ground so soon? Don't see a news post about it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Broose posted:

New patch just dropped. Did they nerf everything into the ground so soon? Don't see a news post about it.

This thread has the stuff.

Tripwire Interactive posted:

Hello everyone,

We're pushing out a small patch to yesterday's Return of the Patriarch update to address some issues that have be found since the release.

We are aware of and still working on a couple of stability issues and are planning to release another update to address these stability issues as soon as we have a solution. We'll keep the community updated with more information as this develops.

The 1016 update includes the following changes:

Fix for flame and beam weapons doing extra damage when rapidly clicking
Retroactive achievements granted for players who already have high level perks
Fix for losing weapons after using the trader or picking up weapons in the world
Pistol kills are now correctly tracked in the after action report
Visual tweaks and fixes to the Patriarch fight
Fix for some cosmetic items not working correctly on Classic Briar
Decreased minimum mouse sensitivity for UI slider back down to 1

Other recent changes made on the backend should address the following issues:

Null cosmetic items dropping at the end of a game
Wrong level up achievements being displayed when unlocked, this should retroactively address the issue for anyone who experienced this in the last day

Top known issues to be addressed in the next update:
Flex remains limited to LOW setting while we address crashes related to Flex.
Instability for some clients in Farmhouse

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Broose posted:

Probably just the Nvidia FLEX patch and Farmhouse stability fixes. That map is bugged to hell and back.

EDIT: AHAHAH gently caress it's everything BUT the stuff I said, I won't be the next Nostradamus

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

good night sweet firebug, we hardly knew ye

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
so has anyone taken medic into a suicidal/HOE and seen how they perform now?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's not like you're gonna play suicidal/hoe without a medic

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Psion posted:

so has anyone taken medic into a suicidal/HOE and seen how they perform now?

I can tell you that, as a level 15 Medic on Hard I've had a hard time keeping everyone alive. Armament does gently caress all now, I resorted to using the other one and I never noticed that it gives you a 60% discount on armor aside from spawning with it :v: But the way it is people are dying left and right, and the medic dart glitch doesn't help when I try to score a sweet 180 no lock on someone getting pounded by a FP in Zed Time and the thing leaves my gun at 90 degrees angle.

The changes to the ragdolls of players make it all up. People kicked, groundbounced, tossed up in the air by exlosions are a very fun sight. I guess I'd enjoy them even more if the game didn't freeze for a few frames everytime someone dies.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is Commando's passive for seeing zed health not proccing right? You used to be able to see it whenever a zed comes in range, and now it's finicky. Sometimes I don't see it unless I shoot them.

I also notice the sometimes Stalkers don't even show up when I have Call Out. Is there some kind of undocumented change or is this just me?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I do because literally no other perk has this restriction. And at present, demo is nowhere near powerful enough against bosses/groups to merit said restriction.

but the damage numbers on offperk pistols intrigue me, so hmm.

Okay, I have to agree with you here. It is bad, and I concede that you shouldn't have to work around it. It is simply fortunate that you can.

I do not, however, see how any of the recommendations thus far really address the problem, which seems primarily to be that Demo doesn't have a weapon that is effective against anything other than clumps of enemies. A gun that shoots small explosions would be stylistically appropriate, I think, without being too strong, I think.

Kikas posted:

I guess I'd enjoy them even more if the game didn't freeze for a few frames everytime someone dies.

Why does this happen? It happens to me, too, and it is not good, especially when I'm Medic. Nothing like having the game lock for a few frames so that the Scrake can rip up a second and third teammate before I regain control and continue healing.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Change one of demos poo poo garbage perks to be one that let's him spawn with a different weapon. Or honestly just decreases the weight of either the RPG or grenade launcher by one. Or make off perk do 20% instead of 10%. Or give him a larger pool of grenades, both overall and to start out with. Or etc etc

Gunslinger is the best made perk by far yet. Flexibility, can tango with most big and small Zeds, stumble power and range makes him useful forever, Hella fun to play, should be the bar by which future perks are judged.

The new 9mm sound is so weird. When you're firing your own it sounds like you're firing it in a tin can or something.

I also haven't seen a single cosmetic drop yet. Are they super rare?

Also Berserker + dual magnum supremacy. Just like KF1

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Gonna play the FB when I get home, but I feel like this is only really an exploit fix for the MWG. Burst fire for the flamethrower type weapons still make sense due to burn damage.
Need to see how badly this affects the MWG gun though...

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Ragdoll effects when you kill zeds with these pistols should never change. I love my deagle and I am glad it is back.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kikas posted:

I can tell you that, as a level 15 Medic on Hard I've had a hard time keeping everyone alive. Armament does gently caress all now, I resorted to using the other one and I never noticed that it gives you a 60% discount on armor aside from spawning with it :v: But the way it is people are dying left and right, and the medic dart glitch doesn't help when I try to score a sweet 180 no lock on someone getting pounded by a FP in Zed Time and the thing leaves my gun at 90 degrees angle.

I have a level 22 medic and I agree with this. If anything, the balance pass made medic SIGNIFICANTLY less fun because not only am I forced to take the armor mending perks because the other choices still suck rear end, but I have to micromanage my weapons far more to get people to max armor. This nerf just made the problem worse. Healing back 5 armor a shot just means I have to shoot more darts that doesn't track players who are constantly in motion. Instead of increasing the skillcap of players to keep themselves alive, you instead greatly increased the skillcap of medics to the point where playing medic is a tiresome chore. I still have to get players to max armor to survive an encounter, TWI just made it more difficult and demanding to do. This is not fun or good balancing.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 4, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Gonna play the FB when I get home, but I feel like this is only really an exploit fix for the MWG. Burst fire for the flamethrower type weapons still make sense due to burn damage.

they both do damage over time so clicking is probably still more effective

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

The new 9mm sound is so weird. When you're firing your own it sounds like you're firing it in a tin can or something.
I heard people saying that 1911 sound is bad as well.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mesadoram posted:

They also need to fix the the splash damage bug, but as someone who usually mains Firebug I have to agree that it is the right choice in terms of making the class more balanced without taking the fun out of it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Ruggington posted:

they both do damage over time so clicking is probably still more effective

Wait, the MWG does a DOT?
:aaaaa:

ZearothK posted:

They also need to fix the the splash damage bug, but as someone who usually mains Firebug I have to agree that it is the right choice in terms of making the class more balanced without taking the fun out of it.

Indeed, as fun as exploits are it makes the game better overall when they get stomped out :smith:.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I really hope Gunslinger is considered the baseline for what other classes should be brought up to par with. It's good.

Yeah let me just say that while the Gunslinger is right now the best class, all classes should play this well.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Propaganda Hour posted:

I still have to get players to max armor to survive an encounter, TWI just made it more difficult and demanding to do. This is not fun or good balancing.

But I thought Tripwire carefully tested all their changes to ensure they were fun and balanced?!?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

But I thought Tripwire carefully tested all their changes to ensure they were fun and balanced?!?

you're being an rear end

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Ruggington posted:

you're being an rear end

Indeed. But do I or do I not have a point?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Indeed. But do I or do I not have a point?

Yeah but it's pretty douche-y to do that in a thread that multiple devs post in. Have some standards, this is Internet comedy forum Something Awful for crying out loud. Not the Steam community page.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I'm really liking the idea of giving the Gunslinger the ZED time extensions and the Commando getting recoil reduction. Gunslingers skills even work better with ZED time, as the slow mo makes it easy to connect headshots. The Commandos biggest issue when dealing with Scrakes and Pounds is that consistent headshots into the cranium are hard to achieve both fighting the ZED movement and recoil. I still think the Commando needs some skill rework, and TBH something like offperk would be amazing on a Commando if you put it up against a combined autofire/singlefire, something like a flat 10% for all weapons or 25% for Commando weapons. As it stands, autofire is the superior choice simply due to it apply to all the Commandos weapons and being more flexible since you can still tap out shots anyway. Also Leadership really needs a way to show it's working and should be a much higher improvement. If you're worried about Commando teams have blazing fast reload speeds, just have it not stack?

Also, an MP5/UMP w/UBGL or S12K w/FRAG-12 in a 20 round drum would be suitable additions for rapid engagement, single target encounters for the Demo. I'd also suggest making C4 an offclass secondary weapon, and adjusting Demos skills to still take advantage of it. Thus Demo would have M79/MP5:UMP:S12K/M32/RPG-7V, still have access to dynamite and C4 while C4 isn't occupying a vital spot in the Demos line up.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
I have thick skin so don't tell him to stop poo poo posting on my account, tell him to stop poo poo posting on your own behalf.

But seriously, I stated that we don't release content that we playtest internally and say "Well, that change was a stinking pile of crap". When we make changes or nerfs to stuff we playtest the changes and we give our feedback. Yes, even changes that end up unpopular with the community were tested internally and iterated upon. Yes, that means a bunch of Devs who regularly play Berserker and Medic (and a few less experienced Devs as well) played with the changes and said "Yeah, I'm still having fun/filling my role/contributing to my team's success even with reduced damage/heath/healing/etc" and there are plenty of other changes that get left on the cutting room floor because they aren't fun or accomplish what we set out for them to do.

Anyway, you can chew me out about our design methodologies at length and I'll get around to reading them later. I'm up to my eyes in trying to get those crashes fixed but I wanted to drop into the thread to thank everyone for participating and to throw shade.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Yeah but it's pretty douche-y to do that in a thread that multiple devs post in. Have some standards, this is Internet comedy forum Something Awful for crying out loud. Not the Steam community page.

Someone is being mean on Something Awful? Stop the presses, this is unheard of!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I'm gonna bet you earned your title and av

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Someone is being mean on Something Awful? Stop the presses, this is unheard of!

Don't worry, you can make fun of my irrational dislike of the Medic SMG because as super efficient at killing and racking up assists just by lazily spraying it across the room as it is, needing 40 bullets to kill as much trash as varmint rifle does with 20 just bugs me.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I also haven't seen a single cosmetic drop yet. Are they super rare?

I had the flatcap drop for me earlier. Put it on the new biker guy and he kinda looks like Dom Deluise.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

MadBimber posted:

You have no idea.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

MadBimber posted:

:smug:

Section Z posted:

Don't worry, you can make fun of my irrational dislike of the Medic SMG because as super efficient at killing and racking up assists just by lazily spraying it across the room as it is, needing 40 bullets to kill as much trash as varmint rifle does with 20 just bugs me.

I like the Medic SMG because it shoots and sounds fast, but I don't particularly care for the way any of the Medic guns feel/perform.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
The new 9mm sound is horrible. Like really really bad. Why did they change it?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

:laffo: gargle that dev cock a little harder man, its kinda weird hearing this cause I've seen so many other threads where devs post and goddamn do people treat them like poo poo.

If the game has a problem then obviously people are gonna use this thread to vocalize and he's not being douchey at all, Tripwire has a poo poo track record when it comes to buffing and nerfing, need I remind people that the nerf to the M99 in KF1 was literally to make it so expensive it was prohibitive to buy it? The scythe I've mentioned before? The ammo nerfs for support and commando?(Yes I know the support one was rolled back), this completely retarded medic nerf where both healing and giving armor is affected? Zwei being worthless now?

I won't complain about the health nerf, its just 25 health points the medic one is just insane.

I mean I don't know what difficulties you guys play in but that armor and healing can be all difference between life and death especially with Hans melee rush so insanely out of control(saw a bud die to it last night at 90% health, on hard), that poo poo is overtuned to gently caress.

And BECAUSE of this poo poo track record yea, I don't have an ounce of faith on Tripwire balancing anything or bringing classes in line, they'll just nerf the gunslinger to "bring it in line" with the other classes.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I can talk about things I don't like in video games without being completely insufferable and whiny

it's a personal skill I have

Tokubetsu posted:

The new 9mm sound is horrible. Like really really bad. Why did they change it?

yeah it and the m1911 are real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Really disappointed that I can't put Metal Swede Guy's cowboy hat on DJ Scully.