Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jedi posted:

What video card do you have and what OS are you running?

GeForce GTX 560 Ti, and Windows 7 Ultimate N respectively.

The issue is that the game just hard locks entirely. Audio stuttering/looping, video freezes up, I can move the cursor but I can't even get out of the game. The only way out is to force reboot my computer. Very very occasionally it recovers but almost never in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Captain Oblivious posted:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti, and Windows 7 Ultimate N respectively.

The issue is that the game just hard locks entirely. Audio stuttering/looping, video freezes up, I can move the cursor but I can't even get out of the game. The only way out is to force reboot my computer. Very very occasionally it recovers but almost never in practice.

That's pretty much the same setup I have - have you run a memory test?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Medullah posted:

That's pretty much the same setup I have - have you run a memory test?

Can't say that I have. Not overly familiar with that process.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Can't say that I have. Not overly familiar with that process.

At the very least I'd run this.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

You may also want to look into a program called Memtest. Bad RAM can cause a whole bunch off problems. I'm not saying that's definitely your issue, but if your sound and video drivers are up to date, that's where I'd look next.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
We have room for one more in tonight's HM Karagga's Palace, very little gear and no experience required. Someone log in in the next ten minutes and save me from getting a pubbie.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'll be around on maybe 30 min...

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I was part of the group that did a HM run of KP last night. I'd done it before but only in SM.

I'm here to tell you that you too can do it (all I had was okay-ish 208/216 gear with augments) and the mechanics are not too hard and a fun challenge. I encourage any of you who are doubting that you can be part of a HM group to give it a try. The core group knows what they're doing and good gear drops like candy.

I came away with a fancy new 220 belt, hat and some gloves. And there were 2 (!) drops of Karagga's hat that some lucky people walked away with.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

I was part of the group that did a HM run of KP last night. I'd done it before but only in SM.

I'm here to tell you that you too can do it (all I had was okay-ish 208/216 gear with augments) and the mechanics are not too hard and a fun challenge. I encourage any of you who are doubting that you can be part of a HM group to give it a try. The core group knows what they're doing and good gear drops like candy.

I came away with a fancy new 220 belt, hat and some gloves. And there were 2 (!) drops of Karagga's hat that some lucky people walked away with.

I have started reading the Dulfy guide on Sith Juggalo tanking (turns out what I was doing was pretty good, and I was only missing a few things), and I'm going to try to get some of that story-mode action this weekend.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

And I, of course, walked away with nothing.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

And I, of course, walked away with nothing.

Didn't you end up with bracers that someone traded you?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Didn't you end up with bracers that someone traded you?

Oh sorry, yes, I got pity bracers.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Oh sorry, yes, I got pity bracers.

The system works!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'll have to come with next week's outings. My problems have started showing up in non-SWTOR games so at this point it's looking like probably just plain old GPU dying. :v:

A shame. KP seemed like it was a really good starter Hard Mode.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

I could've sworn I read it somewhere that you could kill off some of the companions. I was kinda looking forward to bump a couple or so off.

You could for a while in beta. I leave the forum rage over that as an exercise for the imagination.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

shadok posted:

You could for a while in beta. I leave the forum rage over that as an exercise for the imagination.

Is there any of this archived or still remaining? I've always heard of all the crying over lost cmpanions back in beta but never actually got to read any.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I equate killing Khem Val the same as killing Wrex and people who did that are monsters

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
So are there any mods out there for the game that people like or does the game clamp down pretty hard for stuff like that?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Is there any of this archived or still remaining? I've always heard of all the crying over lost cmpanions back in beta but never actually got to read any.
You're not really missing much, you can pretty much exactly predict how any particular post would have gone.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

A shame. KP seemed like it was a really good starter Hard Mode.

It is, We even had one person who we didn't realize wasn't in Teamspeak for the first half of the run and who (I think) hadn't done any operations at all before this one, and they did just fine. It's a shame that you won't be able to join us tonight, but as a reminder to everyone else: tonight's run of HM KP starts at 8:00 Eastern.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Learn how to post, Asimo!

(fixing phantom post that's annoying me.)

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

What happens with a Legacy when you transfer a single character to a different server?

Dekatris
Jan 12, 2014
Just picked this game up again, though I didn't really play much before (didn't even bother to find the Goon guild last time).

My (whimpy, low level) characters are all on Prophecy of the Five... would there be any reason to keep them there, or should I just bite it and move them over to the Jedi Covenant server?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dekatris posted:

Just picked this game up again, though I didn't really play much before (didn't even bother to find the Goon guild last time).

My (whimpy, low level) characters are all on Prophecy of the Five... would there be any reason to keep them there, or should I just bite it and move them over to the Jedi Covenant server?

If you have real friends on POT5, stay there. Otherwise come to JC. When the referral system comes back up you can click a referral link and get one free transfer.

On a side note, some people were bummed that they changed crafting to be non-repeatable for most conquest events. This week it's repeatable - the top two guilds are currently fighting it out for Voss with 91 million points. Insane.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Waffles Inc. posted:

What happens with a Legacy when you transfer a single character to a different server?

Your current legacy is cloned to the new server with the new toon.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

If you have real friends on POT5, stay there. Otherwise come to JC. When the referral system comes back up you can click a referral link and get one free transfer.

On a side note, some people were bummed that they changed crafting to be non-repeatable for most conquest events. This week it's repeatable - the top two guilds are currently fighting it out for Voss with 91 million points. Insane.

That's a lot of invasion forces.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

No one who plays this has real friends. Or girlfriends/boyfriends. Or a job.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Hulk Smash! posted:

And there were 2 (!) drops of Karagga's hat that some lucky people walked away with.

Of course this happens the night I forget to login.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

So are there any mods out there for the game that people like or does the game clamp down pretty hard for stuff like that?

Just about the only thing that exists as far as "mods" go is a DPS meter. Apparently, the engine the game is built with doesn't lend itself well to modding. However, the game natively allows you to modify your UI within reason. You can resize and move just about anything on the screen. It does lack a real way to sort buffs/debuffs which is a shortcoming.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Iron Tusk posted:

That's a lot of invasion forces.

Honestly though, I did the math and it's less than you'd figure.

Like, there's no real reason this event that every person who tries can't get to 100k points just through crafting, which is why these dudes have 91 million, which is only 180k per guild member.

180k is only around 25x invasions, 25x of two components for them and in theory if you're hardcore enough to do that, you've probably been saving components in other weeks from alts to do this week and that's all you need, so it's super alt-friendly and just getting to 200k would only take a day on one character if you had the mats to make the 25 invasions.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

4th anniversary rewards

• Buy either Dromund Kass or Coruscant SH for 4 credits each
  • HK-47 Statue
  • Ebon Hawk wall decoration
  • Ebon Hawk regen item

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

were people having trouble scrounging up the 1/4th of a heroic +2 quest?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Hulk Smash! posted:

4th anniversary rewards

• Buy either Dromund Kass or Coruscant SH for 4 credits each
  • HK-47 Statue
  • Ebon Hawk wall decoration
  • Ebon Hawk regen item

Who would want a stronghold at this point that doesn't have a stronghold? 5,000 is not that much.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Who would want a stronghold at this point that doesn't have a stronghold? 5,000 is not that much.

Not that much is kind of underselling it. You would have to TRY to be that destitute.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

unless you can get the whole thing unlocked for 4 credits.

That'd be nice. I'd sure love to fully unlock my coruscant stronghold.

And then have them give me a cheap 4th stronghold cause I ain't paying the 2.5 mil for the others yet.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

I only have my Nar Shadda SH tricked out. And by "tricked out" I mean I placed the three banks, a GTN, a mailbox, mod station, and appearance kiosk right where you zone in. Then I placed decorations haphazardly until I hit 50% full and then I got bored. I think my DK SH has a mailbox in it. I never bothered with the others. It's not the cost, I just don't care.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

I only have my Nar Shadda SH tricked out. And by "tricked out" I mean I placed the three banks, a GTN, a mailbox, mod station, and appearance kiosk right where you zone in. Then I placed decorations haphazardly until I hit 50% full and then I got bored. I think my DK SH has a mailbox in it. I never bothered with the others. It's not the cost, I just don't care.

I spent a lot of time on my Tatooine one, started my DK and Nar Shaddaa ones, but then ran out of patience. I have a ton of decorations but of course none of the "Cool" ones, and I don't want to spend billions on a place I'll never see.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I spent a lot of time on my Tatooine one, started my DK and Nar Shaddaa ones, but then ran out of patience. I have a ton of decorations but of course none of the "Cool" ones, and I don't want to spend billions on a place I'll never see.

One class alt per SH.

BH has Tatooine, Sorc has Yavin, SW has DK and Agent has NS. That way I get to see all my pretty castles everytime I log on to one of them.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

Player housing never really appealed to me except as a means to an end. It's not like I'm just hang out there for hours on end - I use it strictly for convenience. I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys that feature or those who spend hours playing with it and designing something really awesome - it's just not my cup of tea.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Hulk Smash! posted:

One class alt per SH.

BH has Tatooine, Sorc has Yavin, SW has DK and Agent has NS. That way I get to see all my pretty castles everytime I log on to one of them.

That's not a bad idea I've never thought of doing that. I fully unlocked the DK SH and fully decorated it, then got bored of it, tore it down, and fully unlocked the Nar Shadda SH and fully decorated that one. I think I like Nar Shadda the best. You can have a fair amount of decorations and I don't feel as claustrophobic in it as the DK design. Don't feel like spending the credits to unlock Tatooine or Yavin right now anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
this all pales compared to my SWG housing decorations. what does a sperg with one of everything do? buy a second of everything and display it all!

• Locked thread