Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't see a reason to use the new deck over muscle with an ICTV build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

henkman posted:

I don't see a reason to use the new deck over muscle with an ICTV build

With the hilarious buff to Disturbing the Peace, there isn't!

new heists are great, all hail microtransactions

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

With the hilarious buff to Disturbing the Peace, there isn't!

new heists are great, all hail microtransactions

Muscle is now firmly atop the Perk deck mountain, casting all unbelievers into the pit of despair known as "The Hitman Perk Deck." Even with the proposed changes to the rest of the perk decks, I don't see how they can compete with passive health regen and Disturbing the peace. Maybe if they made the extra cop aggro +100% or something.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I updated my Payday: The Campaign Doc to reflect the new DLC, which I have yet to buy but will make drat sure it's proper position in the ironclad lore of Payday is forever remembered by future generations. I also swapped the positions of two PDTH jobs at DV's suggestion/tip.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Making Disturbing the Peace a flat 20% chance for all weapon types was a bit much. I don't disagree with giving that ability to all weapons though.

The maps themselves are great. Every map that was a collaboration has actually been really good (Hotline Miami, Alesso) to be honest.

Anyone else feel like the game turns on an infinite assault wave during the airlock part of the mountain heist?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Drewjitsu posted:

Muscle is now firmly atop the Perk deck mountain, casting all unbelievers into the pit of despair known as "The Hitman Perk Deck." Even with the proposed changes to the rest of the perk decks, I don't see how they can compete with passive health regen and Disturbing the peace. Maybe if they made the extra cop aggro +100% or something.

Except that Muscle/ICTV/MasterForcers tend to like the extra aggro. Yes, attack ME, not the dodge build guy doing the objective, thx police xoxoxo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chairface posted:

Except that Muscle/ICTV/MasterForcers tend to like the extra aggro. Yes, attack ME, not the dodge build guy doing the objective, thx police xoxoxo

Lol if you think anyone with a dodge build gives a fraction of a flying gently caress about any objective.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Yeah the real contributor WAS ME, SENTRY BUILD, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fellis posted:

Yeah the real contributor WAS ME, SENTRY BUILD, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

Yes fellis you did a very good job look at how helpful you are

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
And now, a moment of silence for the unsung hero of the objective, The pub who specced Pure Ghost/Hitman

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Okay, what's a good pistol build to get black tie event? Its going to be weird to leave shotgun gorilla for a moment, but I want to see how this baby deagle works.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So are any of the Shotguns besides the Mosconi useful now?

I was playing around with the Steakout yesterday and I went right back to the Mosconi. Steakout does not feel like the killing machine it used to be. Feels like it takes too many shells still to kill things (even with Overkill proc'd).

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Light shotguns and automatic shotguns are horrid now. Loco and judge are still pretty good, and the reinfeld is pretty good if you can deal with that terrible fire rate. The joceline and predator both have a reduced pellet count (6 and 5, respectively) compared to all other shotguns (12) so keep that in mind. THEY ALL HAVE TWELVE PELLETS NOW DISREGARD

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 4, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Light shotguns and automatic shotguns are horrid now. Loco and judge are still pretty good, and the reinfeld is pretty good if you can deal with that terrible fire rate. The joceline and predator both have a reduced pellet count (6 and 5, respectively) compared to all other shotguns (12) so keep that in mind.

Uh didn't they just fix the pellet counts in this very patch?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait a minute

Does this mean that Jocelyne is now better than the Mosconi again?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kikas posted:

Uh didn't they just fix the pellet counts in this very patch?

Whoops, yes. That's what I get for glossing over the patch notes :downs:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Light shotguns and automatic shotguns are horrid now. Loco and judge are still pretty good, and the reinfeld is pretty good if you can deal with that terrible fire rate. The joceline and predator both have a reduced pellet count (6 and 5, respectively) compared to all other shotguns (12) so keep that in mind. THEY ALL HAVE TWELVE PELLETS NOW DISREGARD

How so? They increased the damage and the pellet count? (I havent played the patch yet)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Basticle posted:

How so? They increased the damage and the pellet count? (I havent played the patch yet)

The damage buff is extremely modest and the only two shotguns affected by the pellet boost are the joceline and the predator. The damage numbers for the saiga and steakout are pathetic.

This shotgun rebalance does very little to fix what crimefest broke.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The damage buff is extremely modest and the only two shotguns affected by the pellet boost are the joceline and the predator. The damage numbers for the saiga and steakout are pathetic.

Pistols and 7.62 AKs becoming awesome was worth it :colbert:

I kid, actually the weapons feel a bit too same-y now within their little categories and with such clear winners and losers still, this rebalance mostly changed what was broken instead of any net change in broken-ness.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Anyone have any data on the new shotgun falloff values? Falloff "normalization" was mentioned in the notes. I don't know if that's supposed to mean all shotguns have the same falloff or if all light/medium/heavy shotguns have the same falloff.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 4, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
A small Hotfix just dropped:

quote:

Hotfix 91.1 changelog
Update size: 28,1 MB

Fixed a crash on the Birth of Sky heist related to parachuting while using a controller
Fixed an issue on the Beneath the Mountain heist where players had too many preplan favors
Fixed an issue on the Beneath the Mountain heist where the AI could walk through a rock
Fixed an issue on the Beneath the Mountain heist where players could get stuck behind the vault doors
Fixed an issue where some players couldn’t mod the Platypus 70 with a Combine Module and Iron Sight
Fixed an issue where the achievement “1... 2... 3... JUMP!” could be unlocked on the Normal difficulty
Fixed an issue where the achievement “No Blood on the Carpet” could be unlocked on the Normal difficulty

If you wonder how many was "too many" favors on "Beneath the Mountain", do I have a screenshot for you. Pardon my friends artistic expression on the map.

Obviously it was pretty pointless, cause you can only place 2 of every deployable in the level, so 12 was the max you could use.

Oh yeah and in that heist, the "Loot on top of the mountain" isn't really in the highest place, it's in green boxes with Murkywater logos and it's scattered all around the top area. There were like 8 of those things on Vhard today.

And man, in the Plane heist are you hosed if you decide to leave the cash stack on top of the truck as the last one, then the turrets will shred you to bits. Also Ex-President is pretty useless. Sure, you can heal half of your HP in a light ballistic Vest, but Grinder does it better, works in the same vest and doesn't require you to actually get shot. Also you can get I think maximum 15 dodge in the LBV while using it, with all the dodge skills, that's obviously more while running, but the armor is so flimsy you can't really rely on it in anyway.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 4, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah the new perk deck is interesting, but I'm not really convinced about using it on DW yet.

What gets you with grinder is getting chain-downed on Deathwish - you're in a suit or LBV, you get revived with like 3 hp, you get shot again, repeat, custody. With the new perk deck it's the exact same problem except, unlike grinder, your health regen "battery" can be emptied and then you're wholly hosed because you can't kickstart your HP regen the way you can with grinder (i.e. just shoot something and go hide for a second)

I haven't run any numbers on dodge chance or that nonsense so I don't know, maybe it just requires an adapted playstyle, but I think it's a really cool mechanic so I'll try it out a few more times. It's definitely not ideal for the Modern Warfare map because when you parachute out of Mile High Club down to Burgertown, you have no cover on the roof of buildings where the money bundles tend to be and then you just get chipped right into custody.

No Blood on the Carpet, however, was extremely fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_gFm_U66f8

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Okay, what's a good pistol build to get black tie event? Its going to be weird to leave shotgun gorilla for a moment, but I want to see how this baby deagle works.

Deagles. Lots and lots of Deagles. Also revolvers.

Mesadoram posted:

So are any of the Shotguns besides the Mosconi useful now?

Most (Steakout/IZHMA aside) are useful, but the Mosconi/Joceline are basically 100% better in nearly every situation aside worth noting.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tempest_56 posted:

Deagles. Lots and lots of Deagles. Also revolvers.

Most (Steakout/IZHMA aside) are useful, but the Mosconi/Joceline are basically 100% better in nearly every situation aside worth noting.

Definitely need to buff it up to a full dodge build akimbo as oh boy did I get hit alot in a suit. :/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I really wish they'd implement chokes for shotguns in the game. Just having something like a tight spread, wide spread, and a duckbill to compress it into a flat, wide oval-ish pattern. It'd probably help close the gap between overall effectiveness on the shotguns since you could use the auto/SA shotguns with a tight choke to condense the damage spread or make it loose to act as a room-clearer on a mag-per-room basis. The high-damage ones would waste damage on a tight choke, but you'd benefit from a duckbill since you could just hit a clump of cops at head level.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

Have you used them or are you going off of what others have said? The damage buff is far too low but the range normalization did a lot to help autoshotguns. Ideally they would buff them further so 000 buck was not a requirement, and scrap those idiotic hipfire multipliers.

Oh and the normalization is 10 to 30 metres (Joc/Mosconi range) for every shotgun.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

I really wish they'd implement chokes for shotguns in the game. Just having something like a tight spread, wide spread, and a duckbill to compress it into a flat, wide oval-ish pattern. It'd probably help close the gap between overall effectiveness on the shotguns since you could use the auto/SA shotguns with a tight choke to condense the damage spread or make it loose to act as a room-clearer on a mag-per-room basis. The high-damage ones would waste damage on a tight choke, but you'd benefit from a duckbill since you could just hit a clump of cops at head level.

Wait, did they finally implement per-pellet damage?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Basticle posted:

Wait, did they finally implement per-pellet damage?

No, they haven't.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Have you used them or are you going off of what others have said? The damage buff is far too low but the range normalization did a lot to help autoshotguns. Ideally they would buff them further so 000 buck was not a requirement, and scrap those idiotic hipfire multipliers.

Oh and the normalization is 10 to 30 metres (Joc/Mosconi range) for every shotgun.

They're still just not worth it against the other weapons available to you, is the problem. Autoshotguns require the most skillpoints of any weapon in the game and offer the least rewards. That's compared to other primary shotguns and compared to other primaries at all. Like, sure, they keep addressing peripheral issues (range normalization) but they refuse to acknowledge the core problem whatsoever. Great, it's a highly polished bad choice.

In the main, Cheeto's point is still correct. For all the changes they're making, none of them address the core fault - so those changes are, relatively, doing very little.

also does anyone have a copy of the latest patch update lua? I want to see how this ammo pickup change is operating because I'm not sure it's working properly or I've got a mod conflict I need to resolve.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 4, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

No, they haven't.

They're still just not worth it against the other weapons available to you, is the problem. Autoshotguns require the most skillpoints of any weapon in the game and offer the least rewards. That's compared to other primary shotguns and compared to other primaries at all. Like, sure, they keep addressing peripheral issues (range normalization) but they refuse to acknowledge the core problem whatsoever. Great, it's a highly polished bad choice.

In the main, Cheeto's point is still correct. For all the changes they're making, none of them address the core fault - so those changes are, relatively, doing very little.

Mosconi is still the king.

Also, Muscle is crazy loving great now.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Being King poo poo of Muscle Mountain is the best. My loco sows panic. My flamethrower sows panic. I regenerate like loving Wolverine under my ICTV. It's magical.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

On the off chance anyone cares about Ex-President's HP storage, it can be worked out as: ROUND((230 - Unmodified Armour)/7.5) * 5. Multiply by 1.5 if you have Life of Ice.

Source: The figures, a notepad and a calculator.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You do know the game just tells you how much HP you can store with each armor deck when you're picking armor in the menu right

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Wait a minute

Does this mean that Jocelyne is now better than the Mosconi again?

Not really since it can't get the same spread as the Mosconi can and Jocelyne's ammo cap was reduced in the crimefest rebalance. It still edges out the Mosconi with the ammo pouch but only barely and that means you can't put on the wrist-wrecker stock.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

watho posted:

Not really since it can't get the same spread as the Mosconi can and Jocelyne's ammo cap was reduced in the crimefest rebalance. It still edges out the Mosconi with the ammo pouch but only barely and that means you can't put on the wrist-wrecker stock.

The Mosconi is also better as a fugitive HE delivery mechanism, although the plains rider bow or the light crossbow are better than the Mosconi. :smith:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

The Mosconi is also better as a fugitive HE delivery mechanism, although the plains rider bow or the light crossbow are better than the Mosconi. :smith:

Not when Swan Song is involved. :getin:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

swan song HE is a payday 2 experience everyone should have. Regularly.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Psion posted:

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of being an unstoppable juggernaut of murder who never goes down. :smug:

I'm just bitter because I infamied and haven't leveled enough to have a dodge build with the same usefulness as just being a MasterForcer, and I do miss zipping around like a smooth-dressed idiot on speed.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Psion posted:

Bulletstorm works too, though less frequently and at personal risk.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Diamond Heist still the king of genocide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMyA_M3vqFU

Also, check the ammo pickup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

also does anyone have a copy of the latest patch update lua? I want to see how this ammo pickup change is operating because I'm not sure it's working properly or I've got a mod conflict I need to resolve.
Unless you're doing something weird with your lua I don't think you would have a mod loving with the ammo pickup, since it's its own function so in order to have a conflict one of your mods would have to either dupe or rewrite the code. But anyway here https://bitbucket.org/YaPh1l/payday-2-lua/ The pickup went from 2-3% to 3-4%.